Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767255 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Call me old fashioned but I think they should pay minimum wage and make them work for their tips. It may cause the food and beverage price to go up a bit but the service would be much better,IMO. I refuse to go any place that has a built in tip on the receipt. Tips are for rewarding good service not part of their pay,IMO. I'm a very good tipper if the service is great but goes down from there.
Once took the President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico to Hooters. The waitress took our wing and beer order and then talked to her friends across the room. I had to get up and get our beers then the wings. Even had to go to the bar for a pitcher refill. Time for the bill and there was a 18% tip built into it. I told her I wasn't paying for the tip. She called the manager and he threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead. He didn't call them but he took the tip off the bill. I wasn't even paying Honda was.
I'm sure they were impressed
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#767256 Oct 10, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every citizen deployed to a foreign country is told "you could be killed over there." EVERY SINGLE ONE."
Are citizens deployed in highly volatile countries warned that State WON'T increase security even when a deteriorating environment forces consulate security officers to request additional protection?
Do you swear them all in?

By now everyone has seen the photos of the US consulate in Benghazi, yellow in color with some, but not a lot of charring around the front entry and a couple of the windows. Did anyone see a fence or wall? Did anyone wonder why that building was so small, not much larger than some homes__far smaller than homes being discussed here today.

The security consisted of a couple of Libyans with cell phones?

Yet Ambassador Stevens was in that place alone? Alone? The two Ex-Seals who died were at the annex. So who exactly was so concerned about security that no precautions of any kind were taken? None Nada Zip!

Stevens could have gone to the annex__he could have gone to the main embassy in Tripoli, he could have done any number of things if he was truly in fear. But he did nothing__nothing discernible to evade or escape the well known danger.

CNN entered the building in less than 72 hours and recovered the ambassador's journal__the FBI didn't reach the building for another 72 hours citing security concerns.

Issa, already 0 for 3 will get to the bottom of it all eh?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767257 Oct 10, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, go lay another worthless piece of shit, so you can get more money from Obama Care.
Why is it that you dumbfks had no problem with Obama not showing his birth paper. Had no probelm that he took so much time doing so, and don't think nothing of his childlike behavior showing us a kids film at a WH dinner party? Why don't Obama show us all of his tax returns too? Most likely it is based on the same reason he didn't want to show his birth paper.

My God, another birther.

Figures
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767258 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! They weren't paying them benefits in the first place; they're paying them $2.13 an hour! Then they have to share their tips! The customers pay their wages. Let them go out of business, who cares?
Meanwhile back at Wallyworld (to coin Flack):
Walmart workers who recently went on strike in Illinois and California appear to have inspired some of their fellow big box employees, and now it looks like the movement is going viral.
Labor leaders said Tuesday, just one day before Walmart’s annual shareholder meeting, that workers at 28 stores in 12 states walked out and went on strike to demand the anti-union employer raise wages, improve working conditions and end retaliations against employees who attempt to form unions.
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1pIox )
lots of others looking for work in the Obama Depression......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767259 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
It is where they wanted to go. Who was I to argue.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767260 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
The car totalled itself?
rolled down a hill with nobody inside.....

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#767261 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
The car totalled itself?
It rolled into a lake--car was full of empty booze bottles, lake, not so much... How about this one: "Pro-Life Congressman Pressured Mistress-Patient to Have Abortion

Tennessee's Rep. Scott DesJarlais is recorded urging lover to terminate pregnancy because he wants to save his marriage

How Romenyesque!
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#767262 Oct 10, 2012
Romney will seek out our enemies wherever they nest. Look out Big Bird.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767263 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
They had a great time. Couldn't understand a word they said but we didn't stop hitting the bars till 3:30am. They can't wait to come back.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#767264 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
He can't tell the truth to save his soul.
On the campaign trail this week, Romney has been telling the story of how he met Glen Doherty, the Navy Seal killed in the attack on Benghazi. Romney told it for the last time this morning in Ohio, around the same time that Doherty's mom told Boston's WHDH 7 that she wants Romney to stop using the story:
I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.
Where's the lie? And why cant romney tell about something that happened to him?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#767265 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
They complain about paying $2.13 an hour? Abolish tips and pay your people a decent wage, it's ridiculous.
Abolish tips? Wow. You can't make this sht up.
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

#767268 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, another birther.
Figures
Oh, you have a God? What is his name? Obama?

Another person wanting a welfare to work (not to work) paycheck from Obama Care
Figures!
Observer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#767269 Oct 10, 2012
No, you can't make it up
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767270 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

It would be like saying you like Jewish people & supporting Adolf Hitler.
No it wouldn't Duh A Vey.(talk about "omg" drama)

Medicare needs some revision to remain solvent-and guess what-I am in the post-1958 crowd. This country needs a damn flippin' BUDGET that INCLUDES traditional energy means (that are DOMESTIC--as in SELF RELIANT--NOT OPEC reliant)...not just tree hugging, windmill chasing, sun worshipping trial and error, BAIL OUTS and fail outs, just because (TRUTH HERE) SOME are WAYYY to hung up--as in ENVY GREEN-- on things like oil subsidizing--especially IN AMERICA- FOR AMERICA. That same BUDGET (when we finally GET ONE again) needs to CAP and CURB ABUSES and ABUSERS of givverment programs, and PRIORITIZE the rest, to get back on the Right Economic paths again-NOT the pathways to third world living conditions for everyone. THAT, is BS!!!!!!!
Now run along-or I'll re:memo you--to make sure Uncle Joe's shoes are nice and shiny for tomorrow..he will need them to be...standing up there with that perty Paul Ryan, from that nice wholesome looking state of Wisconsin LOL.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Economic EXPERIENCE for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#767273 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Call me old fashioned but I think they should pay minimum wage and make them work for their tips. It may cause the food and beverage price to go up a bit but the service would be much better,IMO. I refuse to go any place that has a built in tip on the receipt. Tips are for rewarding good service not part of their pay,IMO. I'm a very good tipper if the service is great but goes down from there.
Once took the President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico to Hooters. The waitress took our wing and beer order and then talked to her friends across the room. I had to get up and get our beers then the wings. Even had to go to the bar for a pitcher refill. Time for the bill and there was a 18% tip built into it. I told her I wasn't paying for the tip. She called the manager and he threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead. He didn't call them but he took the tip off the bill. I wasn't even paying Honda was.
Yada yada__there are people working in the hospitality industry in my area who earn $60K per year and more because they hustle. There are young ladies working at Hooters and Kers Winghouses earning $30K much of it tax free working part time while attending community college.

There are banquet servers, bartenders and runners, for Christ sakes 3.000 or more twice a year at Daytona International and you don't even wanna hear how much the BikeWeek bartenders and tub girls earn during those events.

It's a real business and it will survive no matter how much corporations and politicians try to fk it up.

You're a bar guy Flacko__you should know about this stuff.

Newville, PA

#767274 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Why can't these people understand there is no money? Are they really that dense? The clue to them should have been during the debt ceiling debate when Obama threatened the seniors that they wouldn't get their SS if they didn't raise the debt limit. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!
Who took us off the path of balanced budgets and why are you voting for them.

The recession left by the previous administration killed all chances of reducing the deficits.

You don't fight a recession by government retraction.

Any hopes of reducing the debt is tied to getting our economy back on track.

Instead of bitching about those trying to fix it, why not bitch about those who were in charge when it happened.

Why the f*ck are you voting for Paul Ryan?
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#767275 Oct 10, 2012
Grampy wrote:
I'm still waiting for that first Obama TV campaign ad that extols his first term accomplishments.
Just by chance, if he does go down that road, I suggest he use David Blaine. Magic or deception is his only viable option.

Newville, PA

#767276 Oct 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't Duh A Vey.(talk about "omg" drama)
Medicare needs some revision to remain solvent-and guess what-I am in the post-1958 crowd. This country needs a damn flippin' BUDGET that INCLUDES traditional energy means (that are DOMESTIC--as in SELF RELIANT--NOT OPEC reliant)...not just tree hugging, windmill chasing, sun worshipping trial and error, BAIL OUTS and fail outs, just because (TRUTH HERE) SOME are WAYYY to hung up--as in ENVY GREEN-- on things like oil subsidizing--especially IN AMERICA- FOR AMERICA. That same BUDGET (when we finally GET ONE again) needs to CAP and CURB ABUSES and ABUSERS of givverment programs, and PRIORITIZE the rest, to get back on the Right Economic paths again-NOT the pathways to third world living conditions for everyone. THAT, is BS!!!!!!!
Now run along-or I'll re:memo you--to make sure Uncle Joe's shoes are nice and shiny for tomorrow..he will need them to be...standing up there with that perty Paul Ryan, from that nice wholesome looking state of Wisconsin LOL.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Economic EXPERIENCE for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
You rant constantly about the debt & support the guy the voted yes yes yes to create not only the debt under Bush but create the recession that cost us trillions.

My analogy was spot on.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767277 Oct 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan was first elected to the House in 1998.
Joe Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1972.
So much for your "career politician" argument...
Anyway...all Ryan has to do is come across like the star quarterback. Biden will eventually look like the waterboy - as lovable but as misguided as Joe is.
Sort of like you, Homer.
Can you believe some lunatics even clicked the white light bulb Carol?

Hm...that line "people are entitled to facts, just not thier own" comes to mind lol.(and derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

FACT IS-you had it RIGHT!!
"Both are politicians who earned their electoral success at an early age and then settled themselves into long careers on Capitol Hill. Biden was elected to the Senate at age 29 and Ryan was elected to the House at 28."

Sorry Homer. No point for that "career politician".
Carol 1 Homer 0

(clueless lightbulb clickers-just stay in the peanut brain gallery, it's right where you belong!!)
lol

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#767278 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
You never had a bad waiter or waitress???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Fair Game 46,728
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min LieutenantGov 4,033
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 28 min fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 31 min Blwlgo 1,930
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 35 min Profess-sewer Brooks 49,869
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,496
Abby 9-20 1 hr Mister Tonka 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr cheluzal 98,235
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••