Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#767261 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The car totalled itself?
It rolled into a lake--car was full of empty booze bottles, lake, not so much... How about this one: "Pro-Life Congressman Pressured Mistress-Patient to Have Abortion

Tennessee's Rep. Scott DesJarlais is recorded urging lover to terminate pregnancy because he wants to save his marriage

How Romenyesque!
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

#767262 Oct 10, 2012
Romney will seek out our enemies wherever they nest. Look out Big Bird.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767263 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm sure they were impressed
They had a great time. Couldn't understand a word they said but we didn't stop hitting the bars till 3:30am. They can't wait to come back.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#767264 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
He can't tell the truth to save his soul.
On the campaign trail this week, Romney has been telling the story of how he met Glen Doherty, the Navy Seal killed in the attack on Benghazi. Romney told it for the last time this morning in Ohio, around the same time that Doherty's mom told Boston's WHDH 7 that she wants Romney to stop using the story:
I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda. It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.
Where's the lie? And why cant romney tell about something that happened to him?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#767265 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
They complain about paying $2.13 an hour? Abolish tips and pay your people a decent wage, it's ridiculous.
Abolish tips? Wow. You can't make this sht up.
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

#767268 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, another birther.
Figures
Oh, you have a God? What is his name? Obama?

Another person wanting a welfare to work (not to work) paycheck from Obama Care
Figures!
Observer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#767269 Oct 10, 2012
No, you can't make it up
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767270 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

It would be like saying you like Jewish people & supporting Adolf Hitler.
No it wouldn't Duh A Vey.(talk about "omg" drama)

Medicare needs some revision to remain solvent-and guess what-I am in the post-1958 crowd. This country needs a damn flippin' BUDGET that INCLUDES traditional energy means (that are DOMESTIC--as in SELF RELIANT--NOT OPEC reliant)...not just tree hugging, windmill chasing, sun worshipping trial and error, BAIL OUTS and fail outs, just because (TRUTH HERE) SOME are WAYYY to hung up--as in ENVY GREEN-- on things like oil subsidizing--especially IN AMERICA- FOR AMERICA. That same BUDGET (when we finally GET ONE again) needs to CAP and CURB ABUSES and ABUSERS of givverment programs, and PRIORITIZE the rest, to get back on the Right Economic paths again-NOT the pathways to third world living conditions for everyone. THAT, is BS!!!!!!!
Now run along-or I'll re:memo you--to make sure Uncle Joe's shoes are nice and shiny for tomorrow..he will need them to be...standing up there with that perty Paul Ryan, from that nice wholesome looking state of Wisconsin LOL.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Economic EXPERIENCE for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#767273 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Call me old fashioned but I think they should pay minimum wage and make them work for their tips. It may cause the food and beverage price to go up a bit but the service would be much better,IMO. I refuse to go any place that has a built in tip on the receipt. Tips are for rewarding good service not part of their pay,IMO. I'm a very good tipper if the service is great but goes down from there.
Once took the President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico to Hooters. The waitress took our wing and beer order and then talked to her friends across the room. I had to get up and get our beers then the wings. Even had to go to the bar for a pitcher refill. Time for the bill and there was a 18% tip built into it. I told her I wasn't paying for the tip. She called the manager and he threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead. He didn't call them but he took the tip off the bill. I wasn't even paying Honda was.
Yada yada__there are people working in the hospitality industry in my area who earn $60K per year and more because they hustle. There are young ladies working at Hooters and Kers Winghouses earning $30K much of it tax free working part time while attending community college.

There are banquet servers, bartenders and runners, for Christ sakes 3.000 or more twice a year at Daytona International and you don't even wanna hear how much the BikeWeek bartenders and tub girls earn during those events.

It's a real business and it will survive no matter how much corporations and politicians try to fk it up.

You're a bar guy Flacko__you should know about this stuff.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767274 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Why can't these people understand there is no money? Are they really that dense? The clue to them should have been during the debt ceiling debate when Obama threatened the seniors that they wouldn't get their SS if they didn't raise the debt limit. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!
Who took us off the path of balanced budgets and why are you voting for them.

The recession left by the previous administration killed all chances of reducing the deficits.

You don't fight a recession by government retraction.

Any hopes of reducing the debt is tied to getting our economy back on track.

Instead of bitching about those trying to fix it, why not bitch about those who were in charge when it happened.

Why the f*ck are you voting for Paul Ryan?
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#767275 Oct 10, 2012
Grampy wrote:
I'm still waiting for that first Obama TV campaign ad that extols his first term accomplishments.
Just by chance, if he does go down that road, I suggest he use David Blaine. Magic or deception is his only viable option.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767276 Oct 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't Duh A Vey.(talk about "omg" drama)
Medicare needs some revision to remain solvent-and guess what-I am in the post-1958 crowd. This country needs a damn flippin' BUDGET that INCLUDES traditional energy means (that are DOMESTIC--as in SELF RELIANT--NOT OPEC reliant)...not just tree hugging, windmill chasing, sun worshipping trial and error, BAIL OUTS and fail outs, just because (TRUTH HERE) SOME are WAYYY to hung up--as in ENVY GREEN-- on things like oil subsidizing--especially IN AMERICA- FOR AMERICA. That same BUDGET (when we finally GET ONE again) needs to CAP and CURB ABUSES and ABUSERS of givverment programs, and PRIORITIZE the rest, to get back on the Right Economic paths again-NOT the pathways to third world living conditions for everyone. THAT, is BS!!!!!!!
Now run along-or I'll re:memo you--to make sure Uncle Joe's shoes are nice and shiny for tomorrow..he will need them to be...standing up there with that perty Paul Ryan, from that nice wholesome looking state of Wisconsin LOL.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Economic EXPERIENCE for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
You rant constantly about the debt & support the guy the voted yes yes yes to create not only the debt under Bush but create the recession that cost us trillions.

My analogy was spot on.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767277 Oct 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan was first elected to the House in 1998.
Joe Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1972.
So much for your "career politician" argument...
Anyway...all Ryan has to do is come across like the star quarterback. Biden will eventually look like the waterboy - as lovable but as misguided as Joe is.
Sort of like you, Homer.
Can you believe some lunatics even clicked the white light bulb Carol?

Hm...that line "people are entitled to facts, just not thier own" comes to mind lol.(and derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

FACT IS-you had it RIGHT!!
"Both are politicians who earned their electoral success at an early age and then settled themselves into long careers on Capitol Hill. Biden was elected to the Senate at age 29 and Ryan was elected to the House at 28."

Sorry Homer. No point for that "career politician".
Carol 1 Homer 0

(clueless lightbulb clickers-just stay in the peanut brain gallery, it's right where you belong!!)
lol

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#767278 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm sure they were impressed
You never had a bad waiter or waitress???
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767279 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The recession left by the previous administration killed all chances of reducing the deficits.
Instead of bitching about those trying to fix it, why not bitch about those who were in charge when it happened.
And you damn sure don't fight INSOLVENCY and DEBT, by creating MORE DEBT-- spending $ that AREN'T EVEN THERE in a NON-existent B-U-D-G-E-T to spend!!!!!!!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767280 Oct 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>

because they hustle
the key to success in most jobs....along with knowing the proper way to do the job.....but many in the hospitality business don't seem to get the message.....
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#767281 Oct 10, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>All Paul Ryan has to say to the brilliant Biden at the debate tomorrow night is: So Joe would you like to talk about Benghazi?
It will be over.
Paul Ryan is going to slap Biden so hard in the debates his suit will be out of style when he stops spinning.

I am sure we will hear that the middle class has, in fact, been buired for the last four years.

Bad news on debates Obama.

1. No telepromters and pre-prepared statements. You also do not get to review the questions and only respond to the ones you want to (like a white house press conference).

2. No Pinch hitters (I am sure you would have like BIll Clinton to step in for you).
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767283 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't fight a recession by raising taxes....the Obama plan.....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#767285 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You rant constantly about the debt & support the guy the voted yes yes yes to create not only the debt under Bush but create the recession that cost us trillions.
My analogy was spot on.
90 biil in green bail outs, while domestic energy ideas get kicked in the teeth?
I don't think so Davey.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#767286 Oct 10, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by chance, if he does go down that road, I suggest he use David Blaine. Magic or deception is his only viable option.
"Just a few of Obama's accomplishments in his first two years:

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
4. Began the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq
5. Families of fallen soldiers now have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
6 Ended media blackout on war casualties;
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB;
8. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date.
9. Phased out the F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which were not used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan.
10. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research.
11. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect.
12. Bailed out the US Auto which saved jobs.
13. Ended the previous torture policy.
14. Provided better body armor to our troops.
15. Cut the missile defense program by $1.4 billion in 2010.
16. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks.
17. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic.
18. Offered tax write-offs t othose who bought hybrid automobiles.
19. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children.
20. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones.
21. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions.
22. Responded immediately and efficiently to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters.
21. Closed offshore tax safe havens.
22. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals.
23. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs.
24. Ended the previous practice of protecting credit card companies.
25. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs thereby saving the federal government hundreds of millions of dollars.
26. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years.
27. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts.
28. Established a National Performance Office charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient.
29. Ended previous policy of cutting the FDA and circumventing FDA rules.
30. Made more loans available to small businesses
31. Authorized construction/opening of additional health centers to care for veterans.
32. Limited salaries of senior White House aides; cut to $100,000.
33. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan.
34. Held first Seder in White House."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Nov 26 1 min Mister Tonka 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min wojar 180,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min litesong 48,579
EverGreen Belgrade 39 min Bozidar Jankovic 10
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr WOW 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start