Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
712,061 - 712,080 of 1,095,477 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Darden Foods, owners of the Olive Garden and Red Lobster franchises, announced plans to cut back hours to make employees part time instead of full time. This measure is being done to circumvent obamacare legislation. Oddly enough Darden's CEO is an ardent supporter of the democratic party and president Uh-bama. My-oh-my.
why didn't they just get in line with the other Democrat Obama Lovers and request a waiver from ObamaCare?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Lately it really is getting harder to figure out what Romney stands for. I can understand Obama's frustration in debating a guy that takes a different side of an issue with every breath. I can also see why Grover Norquist made this sock-puppet Romney sign an oath.
Did he sign it?
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Mims, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Red Tape, Hidden Taxes and Regulation

Red Tape, Hidden Taxes and Regulation

Business in the United States continues to struggle not only with the sluggish economy, but also the burdensome regulations imposed by the federal government. One study estimates put the total cost of federal regulation on business in the United States over $1 trillion. The staggering cost of regulation is a significant burden for American businesses, with small businesses bearing an especially heavy burden. The coming years will see a significant increase in regulation, as federal agencies write new regulations to implement ObamaCare and the Dodd-Frank financial services reform legislation, as well major environmental regulations being pushed by the EPA. Regulatory reform is essential to ensure these regulations that do not impose costs that exceed their benefits. Cost-benefit analysis, risk assessment, risk prioritization, and market-based incentives are fundamental components that should be included in any reform of the process. In a global marketplace, the United States cannot afford to hamper its economic growth with excessive and unnecessary regulations.
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that guy who said he was reading them thar physics books when you was 5?
Little girl that gave birth soon after "THE TALK" say what?
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Mims, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

How many ridiculous excuses can the left come up with for Obama’s poor debate performance?

(Note: I sent a follow-up to Franke-Ruta clarifying the issues.)

An e-mail I sent today:

Garance Franke-Ruta
The Atlantic

Dear Miss Ruta:

You write that Obama did badly in the debate because he’s so preoccupied and worn down by being president that he has no energy or enthusiasm left for campaigning. This is one the silliest things I’ve read in politics recently. As anyone can see from watching him, the man is a campaigning machine. His main energies, his best energies, go into campaigning. Normally on the campaign trail, he is a shining star. Your thesis that the poor dear can’t campaign successfully because he is so exhausted by the cares of the presidency—and especially, as you emphasize, by the wars and other problems in the Mideast—will not fly. No. What he couldn’t do successfully, at least on this occasion, was debate against an intelligent, aggressive opponent. That’s a truth that it would be very difficult for you to acknowledge.

Sincerely,

Lawrence Auster
View from the Right

Some further thoughts. My guess is that Franke-Ruta’s excuse for Obama is an expression of her liberal mindset. To liberals, and especially to liberal women, war is something irrational and horrible that should never occur under any circumstances. Therefore to be responsible for the conduct of a war must break down any sensitive decent person. Because Franke-Ruta cannot imagine herself leading a war without being wrecked by it, she can’t imagine anyone else leading a war without being wrecked by it. So she blames Iraq and Afghanistan for Obama’s putative mental exhaution, even though, in reality, the U.S. involvement in Iraq has ended and Obama during his four years as president has put very, very little attention into those conflicts.
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Mims, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Jun 20, 12 11:48 AM

OBAMA THE BIG LIAR
Author Mel Maguire Categories Crime, Eric Holder, News, Politics, Posted By Mel Tags Posted By Mel, wordpress political blogs

Eric Holder did a ridiculous tap dance yesterday in a 20-minute meeting to ward off continued advances by Rep. Darrell Issa to get to the bottom of Operation Fast & Furious. After apparently agreeing to hand over some of the documents requested by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Holder showed up at a meeting yesterday empty-handed. He “briefed” Issa on the documents and explained that he had written directly to President Obama to request that he exercise his executive privilege to stop the documents from being released.

Today, Obama did exactly that.

What’s really astonishing is that the Democrats on the committee defended Holder and Obama and had the unmitigated gall to admonish Issa for his push to vote Holder in contempt of Congress. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) defended Holder by claiming that he’d come in some kind of “good faith” gesture to work something out with Congress (if the man was innocent, he’d have nothing to “work out” with anybody) and saying that Issa had been holding the Attorney General to an “impossible standard”(I’m sorry, but I wasn’t aware that expecting the AG to hand over documents related to a severely botched gun running operation that resulted in the death of a US Border Patrol agent was an impossible feat). Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) said she was quote “horrified” by Issa’s refusal to back down, characterized the move today as a political witch hunt and accused Republicans of “overruling” the President.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>ah... you got a link to that poll sparky?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You got gooooooogle dumbfffffck?

Do your own research!

Change your diaper first......you stink!!

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The White Obama! Mitt said "I will not reveal my tax plan"!!
Oh, that'll get him elected for sure!!
Dumb frick, if Obama can get into office not showing his birth paper until AFTER he was sworn in as President of the USA. Then Romney's tax papers should not be a factor on if he gets elected in office or not. Believe me, the IRS does not care if Mitt is President of not, they will come after him, if he did anything wrong with his taxes.
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Mims, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Yes, she really said that. The goofy Democrat from New York actually accused Republicans of overruling the President. What do Democrats call what they did to Bush in 2003 when he warned of a looming economic crisis? Remember that, Maloney? I’m curious, do you remember your “symbolic” vote in 2007 against Bush’s plan for the surge in Iraq? Moreover, I’d like to know what in the hell you call the immediate proceedings against Richard Nixon when Democrats merely smelled the possibility of his involvement of a coverup of the break-in at the Watergate Hotel? Democrats were brutal in pursuing him and his recordings, and rightly so – he deserved to be impeached. Where is the equal desire to hold your own to account for their crimes?

He’s the President, not the monarch. In our Republic, if the president does something that isn’t acceptable under the law Congress has every right to hold him accountable. In fact, they have an obligation to the people to hold a president accountable when he does something wrong. To claim that it is wrong for Congress to “overrule” the President is tantamount to declaring Barack Obama the emperor.

Now, the emperor is as naked as the day he was born.

F&F was a failed experiment under Bush. The program, initially called Project Gunrunner, had a few agents working on it and a small budget; Bush notified Mexican officials, and when it was obvious that it wouldn’t work he put it on ice. Then, a few years later, here comes Obama – the op was brought back from the dead, given three times the manpower and money, and let loose to fail on an even bigger scale. This time, it resulted in untold numbers of high-powered firearms being allowed to cross the border into Mexico, untold numbers of deaths attributed to those weapons, and a dead US BP agent, Brian Terry, a hero in both life and death who was ordered to use non-lethal rounds against a well-armed drug cartel.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on which Romney. He's starting to morph into a Democrat.
For your next commedy act, you are going to say Obama is a "moderate".
OBAMA LOSE 2012

Mims, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Obama promised that he would lead the most transparent administration in history. Lately, there have been egregious security leaks and the President and his staff have shrugged the leaks off as though they’re nothing. Now, we have potentially explosive evidence of a crime that goes all the way to the top, and the President is flexing his executive muscle to protect himself and his lying cronies. What are Democrats doing? Helping to defend him.

It seems he is bound and damned determined to go down in history as Emperor Obama, the Liar. He’ll do worse than Nixon and be excused by liberals bent on being “tolerant”. Just call him the Teflon President.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"abbynormall"
"dim" in school? You gotta be kidding, he is a perfect example of an uneducated liberal parrot, with a filthy mouth.
Peace
It's a sad thing, isn't it? Would be BETTER if it were a dumb kid rather than an adult DIMwit.
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Oh, sorry. You said Tax Plan as for us. Does Obama have a better plan? NO!!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, we agree on something. Though "Romney-R is 4 the rich" is pretty "mentally impaired", "it" doesn't hold a candle to dem and Debil. They'll all wither and die in about a month, hang tough.
Nobody holds a candle to Debil, but you keep thumpin your light stick...as with your stupid jew bitch character who still doesn't even know what Yom Kippur means, die soon.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>DEMOCRATIC black, NOT BLACK PEOPLE IN GENERAL AS YOU CAN SEE WITH Ms.DASH
Of course. Allen West and Thomas Sowell, too.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
For your next commedy act, you are going to say Obama is a "moderate".
What's "commedy" mean in you brain dead community, Archie?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's the same threatening intimidation that was thrown down over the O.J. Simpson case; "No justice; No peace!". Strange how they didn't get upset when Obama stole an election via the illegal [and taxpayer funded] machinations of ACORN, isn't it? That's how hate-speech law works; i.e., it's only a crime if it comes out of a white person's mouth. It was ok for the Black Panthers to put a bounty on Zimmerman's head but if a white group had made that same public announcement it would have been labeled "hate speech" and conspiracy to commit murder.
And if the Boy Messiah is not removed from office, this situation will only escalate.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Steve wrote:
The Obama campaign released an ad Tuesday
attacking GOP nominee Mitt Romney for promising to cut Big Bird’s federal funding. The spot engendered a fair bit of controversy, in case you haven’t heard. Was it a mistake? Or do Obama's strategists know what they're doing here?
video>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =w2K0yvwDB-0XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
I hope O'bama runs that ad until the end of time.:)
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

OBAMA LOSE 2012 wrote:
Obama promised that he would lead the most transparent administration in history. Lately, there have been egregious security leaks and the President and his staff have shrugged the leaks off as though they’re nothing. Now, we have potentially explosive evidence of a crime that goes all the way to the top, and the President is flexing his executive muscle to protect himself and his lying cronies. What are Democrats doing? Helping to defend him.
It seems he is bound and damned determined to go down in history as Emperor Obama, the Liar. He’ll do worse than Nixon and be excused by liberals bent on being “tolerant”. Just call him the Teflon President.
All I have seen him do is go on tv talk shows. Can't speak w/o a teleprompter or other ways of help. Show us a clip from The Lion King, and say it was his birth video, and hide behide Big Bird. The man will go down in History alright, but not for all the right reasons.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishing ill will on fellow Americans? I know that Republicans did everything they could do to ensure America's failure during Obama's term, but we are coming out of the down-slope and there's nothing you guys can do now to stop that. Why exactly would you want to?
Liberal secret decoder ring translation

"Republicans did everything they could do to ensure America's failure during Obama's term" = The Kenyan communist coup did everything he could to ensure hisown abject failure duh

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min LRS 176,737
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min _Zoey_ 4,631
Word (Dec '08) 47 min _Zoey_ 4,626
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 49 min _Zoey_ 7,732
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 52 min Its me Albie 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Zap Brannigan 97,773
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 46,224

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago