Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767668 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, he was rewarded the PRIZE for what he may potentially do. He was only been in office for a few months. It was one of those parodies this admin always has swirling around it.
I wonder if he would win now?
Ben Afflact Ins

United States

#767669 Oct 10, 2012
Democratic USA wrote:
As usual Obama beating MittTheRatt
WWW.ELECTORAL-VOTE.COM
THINGS WILL GET BETTER THE NEXT 4 YEARS
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012-2016
What has Obama done that you would give him full support?
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767670 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
"Did I mention I killed Bin Laden?" how Obama should end every point because he has absolutely nothing else and looks pathetic
"Did I mention I knew Glen Doherty?", Rmoney likes to say this. It's complete bullsh't. They met for a brief time at a party. Glen Doherty described the meeting as "pathetic and comical". "Twenty minutes later he (Romney) approached me and reintroduced himself again. He didn't even recognize me".
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#767671 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Barbara Doherty, mother of slain Navy Seal Glen Doherty has demanded that Rmoney stop using her son's name in his speeches. "I don't trust Romney", she was quoted as saying. "I want him to stop politicizing my son's death".
Heard saying? She did ask and Romney complied unlike Obama who continues exploiting Big Bird- one of PBS most profitable brands.
Obama has no shame!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767672 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you should know this a stretch.
It is like saying-
You know Obama use to own this house and now is renting it and someone was murdered in it so you know Obama is somehow connected -
This is just one of hundreds of examples of what Mitt Rmoney's Bain Capital does. They did the same thing when he was CEO.
And he calls himself "tough on China"? He's an ass.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#767673 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Did I mention I knew Glen Doherty?", Rmoney likes to say this. It's complete bullsh't. They met for a brief time at a party. Glen Doherty described the meeting as "pathetic and comical". "Twenty minutes later he (Romney) approached me and reintroduced himself again. He didn't even recognize me".
You know, your eyes should be brown.

This is pathetic as

Obama Exploiting Big Bird
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#767674 Oct 10, 2012
The battle of the titans...

Two ex-pat Hungarian billionaires are going up against each other -Peterffy and Soros
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767676 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The military was only able to kill Bin Laden due to President Obama's superb planning and brilliant strategic skills. Clinton and Bush tried and failed. President Obama succeeded because he is a much better strategist, just like he is a far better President!
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - KEEPING AMERICA SAFE!!
You think it was Obama's "superb planning and brilliant strategic skills?????????? LMAO

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#767677 Oct 10, 2012
Interesting twist from the google search engine.

Looking for Mitt Romney photos? You could just search the presidential candidate's name in Google Images, or now you could instead type "completely wrong" to see his face over and over again.

The search engine's gallery for the phrase appears organically because of Romney's recent admission: "I said something that's just completely wrong," he remarked regarding his 47 per cent-of-Americans comment from May.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#767678 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>This is just one of hundreds of examples of what Mitt Rmoney's Bain Capital does. They did the same thing when he was CEO.
And he calls himself "tough on China"? He's an ass.
You also probably believe the satire of Romney banning tampons as true too.

Come on, fess up. You will believe anything.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767679 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard saying? She did ask and Romney complied unlike Obama who continues exploiting Big Bird- one of PBS most profitable brands.
Obama has no shame!
Rmoney's the one who brought up Big Bird in the debates, not President Obama.
Democratic USA

United States

#767680 Oct 10, 2012
Ben Afflact Ins wrote:
<quoted text>
What has Obama done that you would give him full support?
he got bin-laden killed, supported gay marriage, repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" ,supports abortion, and stopped the deficit from skyrocketing even higher by taxing the wealthiest, those are good reasons for him to get my vote. Nuff said.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767681 Oct 10, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, your eyes should be brown.
This is pathetic as
Obama Exploiting Big Bird
Glen Doherty described meeting Rmoney as "pathetic and comical".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#767682 Oct 10, 2012
what to look foward to if Romney gets elected.

LETTER: Mitt Romney's Massachusetts Record of Failure

Under Romney, Massachusetts plummeted to 47th out of 50 in job creation and manufacturing jobs fell at twice the national average, the third-worst record in the country. As jobs disappeared, hundreds of thousands of people left the state. Romney also raised taxes and fees on Massachusetts residents more than 1000 times. When he left office, the tax burden had gone up by $1,200 per person.

http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles/letter-m...

5 Facts About the Massachusetts Economy Under Mitt Romney

1) Ranked 47th in job growth

2) Suffered the second-largest labor force decline in the nation

3) Lost 14 percent of its manufacturing jobs

4) Experienced “below average” economic growth and was “often near the bottom”

5) Piled on more debt than any other state

http://www.nationofchange.org/5-facts-about-m...
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767683 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Barbara Doherty, mother of slain Navy Seal Glen Doherty has demanded that Rmoney stop using her son's name in his speeches. "I don't trust Romney", she was quoted as saying. "I want him to stop politicizing my son's death".
I think it is rather sad that she said that considering what Romney actually said.

Mitt Romney is often described as too stiff, lacking any sense of humor, and “out of touch” with the “average” American. On Tuesday, however, the Republican nominee continued to show new depths to his character while giving a moving speech about one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the attack on our consulate in Benghazi last month.

The speech began with a humorous anecdote, but just a few minutes later made Romney choke up as explained how he once met the SEAL, confirmed by the campaign as Glen Doherty. The whole thing ended with a mark of patriotism, and a reminder of how America is needed in the world.

Beginning with an account of how the Romney family was invited to a neighborhood party through a letter in the mail, Romney explained how– though they didn’t originally intend to go– they changed their minds after seeing all the lights and cars just across the street.

He related what a good time they had, how they were fed and met new people, before saying with laughter:“Turns out this wasn’t the neighborhood party…This was a family, having a party with their friends.”

At that party, though, Mitt Romney was able to meet a man from his home state of Massachusetts, a former Navy SEAL.

“You can imagine how I felt out when I found out he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi on September 11,” he continued, choking up,“and it touched me, obviously, when I recognized this young man that I thought was so impressive lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women.”

Romney continued, saying he heard Doherty and his colleagues were actually across town when the violence began.

“They didn’t hunker down where they were in safety – they rushed there to go help,” Romney concluded with emotion.“This is the American way – we go where there’s trouble. We go where we’re needed. And right now we’re needed– right now, the American people need us.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767684 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it was Obama's "superb planning and brilliant strategic skills?????????? LMAO
The successful mission was planned for months by President Obama and his military advisors.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767685 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be the altitude!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767686 Oct 10, 2012
Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> he got bin-laden killed, supported gay marriage, repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" ,supports abortion, and stopped the deficit from skyrocketing even higher by taxing the wealthiest, those are good reasons for him to get my vote. Nuff said.
During his second term he's going to get rid of all these guns. It's time for Americans to break their addiction to deadly firearms.
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - MAKING AMERICA A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE!!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#767687 Oct 10, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is rather sad that she said that considering what Romney actually said.
Mitt Romney is often described as too stiff, lacking any sense of humor, and “out of touch” with the “average” American. On Tuesday, however, the Republican nominee continued to show new depths to his character while giving a moving speech about one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the attack on our consulate in Benghazi last month.
The speech began with a humorous anecdote, but just a few minutes later made Romney choke up as explained how he once met the SEAL, confirmed by the campaign as Glen Doherty. The whole thing ended with a mark of patriotism, and a reminder of how America is needed in the world.
Beginning with an account of how the Romney family was invited to a neighborhood party through a letter in the mail, Romney explained how– though they didn’t originally intend to go– they changed their minds after seeing all the lights and cars just across the street.
He related what a good time they had, how they were fed and met new people, before saying with laughter:“Turns out this wasn’t the neighborhood party…This was a family, having a party with their friends.”
At that party, though, Mitt Romney was able to meet a man from his home state of Massachusetts, a former Navy SEAL.
“You can imagine how I felt out when I found out he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi on September 11,” he continued, choking up,“and it touched me, obviously, when I recognized this young man that I thought was so impressive lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women.”
Romney continued, saying he heard Doherty and his colleagues were actually across town when the violence began.
“They didn’t hunker down where they were in safety – they rushed there to go help,” Romney concluded with emotion.“This is the American way – we go where there’s trouble. We go where we’re needed. And right now we’re needed– right now, the American people need us.
Once again..Glen Doherty described meeting Romney as "pathetic and comical".
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#767688 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The successful mission was planned for months by President Obama and his military advisors.
The key words here are: "and his military advisors". Obama didn't do it alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 8 min Patty Myers SEZ 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 240,421
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 15 min EAT PORK 19
A few ITEMS of interest. 24 min Jocularity is FUN 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 17 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 71,285

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages