Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fred

Milford, CT

#767204 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidential Records Act was signed by George Bush. He doesn't have to do anything you moran.
Release the transcripts! What is the Kenyan mau mau hiding?

America demands answers!
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767205 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> More slurs from the right whiners.
Dumbass Dave hasn't figured out yet that his boy is losing...fast...
fred

Milford, CT

#767206 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
They complain about paying $2.13 an hour? Abolish tips and pay your people a decent wage, it's ridiculous.
ObamaCare killed their jobs.

Blame the lazy Kenyan!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#767207 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
Romney only two points behind in Pennsylvania....if Romney carries PA, he will win in a landslide.....
And if a frog had wings, he still bump his azz long enough to sh!t on bishop R'Money...
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#767208 Oct 10, 2012
OBAMA LOSE 2012 wrote:
[Romney] Takes lead in Ohio...[ARG Poll D+9]
American Research Group (link currently on Drudge's homepage)^| 10-9-12 | American Research Group via Drudge
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:52:15 AM by sitetest
American Research Group
Ohio
Obama Romney Other Undecided
LVs 47% 48% 1% 4%
Dem (42%) 88% 7% 1% 4%
Rep (33%) 3% 92%- 5%
Ind (25%) 37% 57% 2% 4%
(Excerpt) Read more at americanresearchgroup.com ...
OBAMA WILL LOSE IN ALL 50 STATES!!!!!WE THE PEOPLE
HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!
CNN Poll 10-9-2012 Obama 51 percent to Romney's 47 percent in Ohio.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767209 Oct 10, 2012
To Peppy; more on this Darden thing. Think about it; Darden pays its parttime employees $2.13 an hour; 30 hours is $63.90. The customers, after eating his awful food, pay the rest of the wages to his employees; who, then have to share those tips with non-wait staff. And, he is complaining about labor costs? Even with tips, those waiters probably only make $200 a week, they could never afford health insurance.
I say, boycott Darden Restaurants ( I don't go to them anyway), let him go down. The government and the customers have been subsidizing his businesses.
They need to unionize.
when you fools passed Obamacare, you put millions of people out of work...or on part-time status.....live with your f*ck-up.....

unionize the restaurants and they will go out of business....

and the food isn't bad for those who can't afford your high-priced restaurants....

but President Romney will solve the problem...

so GFY, vagina lady.....
fred

Milford, CT

#767210 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Dec of 2006.
NO “ISOLATED INCIDENT” HERE: BREAKING: Double boom! Second O’Keefe video shows OFA aiding voter fraud in multiple states.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767211 Oct 10, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
<quoted text>He won't. I've read that a woman was procecuted for accessing his records. She worked for a company that had access apparently.
What is in those records so damning that he's sealed them, spent 2 million in legal fees to prevent any disclousures? Obama himself made the comparison on hiding the truth from the American people was the wrong thing to do.
Hussein Obama registered as a foreign citizen to get breaks on admission and/or scholarships.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#767212 Oct 10, 2012
To Peppy; more on this Darden thing. Think about it; Darden pays its parttime employees $2.13 an hour; 30 hours is $63.90. The customers, after eating his awful food, pay the rest of the wages to his employees; who, then have to share those tips with non-wait staff. And, he is complaining about labor costs? Even with tips, those waiters probably only make $200 a week, they could never afford health insurance.
I say, boycott Darden Restaurants ( I don't go to them anyway), let him go down. The government and the customers have been subsidizing his businesses.
They need to unionize.
Lighten up Lily, what you're hearing from Peppy and others here is bullshyte. While Darden is the largest national it's no different from the others, Outback, Chili's etc.

Clarence Otis, Dardens chief is black and once had lunch with Obama and also has adopted healthy eating menus at Olive Garden, BFD it's a (R) outfit as is Outback and all the others including Hooters.

The pay ($2.13 in FL) varies from state to state as do the requirements for workers comp and other mandates.

Darden also employ's designers, construction managers, and scads of other professionals, Darden is currently creating the largest lobster farm on the planet in Malaysia and owns the bulk of the Alaskan crab intake seen on The Deadliest Catch and similar shows.

It's not all about servers and bartenders any more than GM is about bolting fenders on autos.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767213 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass Dave hasn't figured out yet that his boy is losing...fast...
It has nothing to do who is winning or losing,
it has to do with all the right whiners here posting slurs.

I alrsady am aware that you are a racist f*ck.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767214 Oct 10, 2012
They need to unionize.
That would work great if you want to pay $45 for a plate of pasta with lousy service..
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#767215 Oct 10, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>what you don't know how to cut and paste a link? liberals. There is no such link-stay on Sesamestreet.
Typical right winger:

Do my work for me

So I can make 4000% more than you

And complain about my taxes!

Will you be here in November? Mitt will be at his 8 luxury homes,

Well he will be telling peppy:

Cut my grass and bring up the new car from the elevator,

Not that one, the other one, no! The other one!

Mitt: "I lost again. Oh well I am a lying dumbffffck. I deserved to lose. God on Uranus help me. Should I stay in Utah or California? New Hampshire or the Cayman's? Switzerland? God I am not really from anywhere, I just go where the wind blows my dough!"

Newville, PA

#767216 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hussein Obama registered as a foreign citizen to get breaks on admission and/or scholarships.....
Proof?
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767217 Oct 10, 2012
They need to unionize.
lets say 12 customers per hour times 30 hours per week times $15 per meal times 15% tip =$810 per week....even shared with others, not all that bad....
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#767218 Oct 10, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you think Bush cared about the middle class when he added 7 trillion dollars to deficit to pay for welfare benefits for the elderly's Medicare Part D and Romney is right they are Welfare Recipients and dependents of the Federal Government and love living of the system.
We are talking about Obama, not Bush. Amazes me how you libs always go back to Bush. NEWS FLASH - Bush is no longer president. Obama is!!!!

Who's dawn?

#767219 Oct 10, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
http://www.gustav-klimt.com/Da nae.jsp
Beautiful...I'm still mean girl targeted chubby, but what the hey.

Newville, PA

#767220 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
education is a local government responsibility...the country would be better off without meddling from the federal government.....so terminate the Department of Education....
any responsible budget plan, regardless of party, needs to bring entitlement programs and government pensions under control.....
We already know Mitt Romney is cutting social security & medicare by making seniors pay more. What's he cutting from veteran benefits?

You see, Mitt says saving money in the medicare program is bad. So he just decided to make the recipients pay more.

Education is a matter of national security & you want o let it to states that teach there is no evolution & cavemen rode dinosaurs.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#767221 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
The Presidential Records Act was signed by George Bush. He doesn't have to do anything you moran.
would be willing to bet that law refers to official documents and not personal records prior to taking office.....

besides, everything will come out at the trial.....

Who's dawn?

#767222 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
lets say 12 customers per hour times 30 hours per week times $15 per meal times 15% tip =$810 per week....even shared with others, not all that bad....
Like you guys tip minimum unless the uniform starts late and ends early...

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#767223 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Did he sign it?
Yes, Romney and 95% of the Republican congress became traitors when they took an oath to private citizen to put his agenda ahead of the interests of America.

http://www.politicususa.com/republican-signed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Learn to Read 187,892
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 53,064
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 13 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]