Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#766634 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
restaurant employees come and go all the time......
part time work for such jobs will be the rule under Obamacare....
you didn't expect business to just roll over and pay through the nose, did you???...
If they come & go all the time, WTF are you bitching about fill time employees.

Make up your mind.

Cheapasses will be cheapasses regardless of the law.

You do realize that there are other benefits such as paid vacation, sick days, retirement, etc that part timers don't get that full timers do.

right?

I mean you do know this, right.

So, there has always been a certain incentive to go to part time workers. But they don't. But, I don't expect you get the reason why.

So

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#766635 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney brought it up. It must be really important. It was the only specific he mentioned in the debate.
Mitt Romney wants to deny poorer rural areas watching one of the most successful educational programs ever.
Um...speaking slowly now.

His criteria will be if we are borrowing almost one-half of each dollah (as Obama says) to pay for ANYTHING, it better be completely NECESSARY. Big Bird can pay for himself. I'll bet the STUFFED Big Bird concession alone would cover him.

Now...apply that criteria of borrowing almost ONE HALF of what we spend to each item and decide what's REALLY important.

BTW, why aren't those kids smarter NOW than they were in the past before Big Bird was hatched? Test scores please.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#766636 Oct 10, 2012
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
'meting'
Syria....let Israel Nuke them...
How do you know that I am NOT HISPANIC?
I lived in Cuba for three years...(1972-1974)...
FTR...we live in BF Egypt...no neighbors anywhere near us...and thats how we like it...if Latino's move out here they are:
running from the law or avoiding the criminal element...
I know you are not Hispanic because of your bigotry evident in your post.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#766637 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what a compounding Pharmacy does?
They take drugs & packages them for individual use use.
For example, some injectable drugs come in powdered form. The pharmacy adds sterile water & mixes it into a liquid.
These types of pharmacies are not under FDA inspection.
You are a liar when you say Obama buried the regulation, it was never there.
So really, quit being so uninformed.
Under the O'bama administration, the FDA has opted not to crack down on compounding pharmacies that are mass-producing cheaper drugs under less scrutiny than heavily regulated pharmaceuticals as part of a push to reduce health costs.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#766638 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
How quickly rightwingers forget, Romney brought Big Bird into the conversation, not the president.
Big Bird would do just fine on Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney and other like age -level stations.

Actually, it would probably help their ratings.

Something with a little more substance, rather than some of the hollywierd and whine shows of make believe.

Actual Edu materials are well represented via many free platfroms as well as subscription for streaming ops anyway...SANS the GARBAGE that often floats in amongst the worthwhile.

WASTE NOT WANT NOT.

Fiscal Responsibility with PRIORITIES.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Stellar Economic Experience FOR America.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#766639 Oct 10, 2012
Mitt Romney takes a position on tax policy, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on Iran, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on health care, then his staff says something else. Romney takes a position on his own immigration adviser, then his staff says something else.

This new one, however, is a doozy, even by Romney standards.

Mitt Romney today said no abortion legislation is part of his agenda, but he would prohibit federally-funded international nonprofits from providing abortions in other countries.

"There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda," the GOP presidential candidate told The Des Moines Register's editorial board during a meeting today before his campaign rally at a Van Meter farm.

It took all of two hours before Romney's chief spokesperson said the exact opposite, explaining, "Gov. Romney would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life." Asked whether the candidate's position on abortion legislation had changed, Romney's spokesperson would "not answer directly."

It now appears that Romney has taken nine different positions on abortion rights over the course of 18 years.

What are we to make of a candidate who keeps trying to appear mainstream, only to have his aides change the story a couple of hours later?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#766640 Oct 10, 2012
Obama campaigning on reelect me and I’ll save Big Bird…What A Joke!!

Ocala, FL

#766641 Oct 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Big Bird is Richer than Romney
http://nation.foxnews.com/big-bird/2012/10/09...
Mitt Romney is worth $250 million. Why so little?
No surprise, Romney has not made it easy to figure out the precise size of his fortune, and any inferences drawn from the available data are necessarily speculative....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitt-r...
Speculation becomes fact in FOXbot land. As usual.
Barack Hussein Obama II, has a net worth between $2,801,012 and $11,830,000, according to analysis of his 2012 financial disclosure forms. Excluding his primary home. His Chicago home is worth (allowing for depressed housing market) about 1.5 million.

Mitt worked hard and earned his money. Where did Obama get his?

Distractions become compulsory in MSNBCbot land.

Ocala, FL

#766642 Oct 10, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Biden has a choice to run on O'bama's record. ROTFLMAO. Big Bird is pissed. It is time for Big Bird and Biden to spread their wings and fly on their own---right out of the White House.
Have you ever seen the old films of gooney birds taking off and landing? LOL!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#766643 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No excuses. The truth is the truth. You should take you blinders off.
Tell me how great Romney is going to be as president, why are you voting for him?
I've met him. He is nice, but more important than nice, Romney is COMPETENT. We need real leadership both domestically and internationally--before someone like China fills that leadership vacuum we've had for 4 years.

When has Obama ever had anything substantial to say, when not blaming, making excuses and/or reading from a teleprompter? What are his plans other than more of the same--"he'll keep trying." He had nothing to say during the debate because he couldn't defend his abysmal record.

And after four years of this empty suit, even Big Bird would be a better choice than Obama. And just as in 2008, the MSM is pushing their candidate-- Obama -- with eyes closed and not looking at accusations like when Hillary's campaign claimed that millions in foreign contributions under a certain amount were being wired from outside the US to Obama. the same thing is happening today.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#766644 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
How quickly rightwingers forget, Romney brought Big Bird into the conversation, not the president.
The president wasn't creative enough to do that, so Obama just ran with it and made a fool of himself again. LOL
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#766645 Oct 10, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem.
The liar Mitt Romney does not have the votes!
President Obama has the electoral votes needed to win again. Romney the liar can't get 100 electoral votes in 30 days! Wake up! Join the majority!
President Obama is a genius.
He let Mitt Romney lie and lie, live on Tv, now on tape.
He played it coy.
He wants the popular vote!
He fired up his base to get out and bring the vote in November!
And we will bring it!
Who else supposedly "lost" the first debate and won re election?
Clinton! Reagan! Obama!
Obama is the smartest President in a long time.
You think his performance was not planned?
MITT ROMNEY SERIAL LIAR. <---- search that!
It shows facts about Romney lying to Gingrich!
On national TV.
Many months ago! I found that! But Obama couldn't? Get real!
Romney did exactly what President Obama knew he would do!
President Obama is a genius!
Now he gets it all: electoral vote and popular vote!
Nobody likes a liar! Even real Republicans! They will vote for Obama just like last time! Millions of them!
Why is Obama losing?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#766646 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they come & go all the time, WTF are you bitching about fill time employees.
Make up your mind.
Cheapasses will be cheapasses regardless of the law.
You do realize that there are other benefits such as paid vacation, sick days, retirement, etc that part timers don't get that full timers do.
right?
I mean you do know this, right.
So, there has always been a certain incentive to go to part time workers. But they don't. But, I don't expect you get the reason why.
So
Of course he knows that-any DUHMMy knows that DUH A Vey--except for little neo-nazi bootlicking strawbrain(less) duhmmies that want and act like big dog DUHMMYS LOL.

Ask him what he has against AFFORDABLE healthcare for everyone, via free-market options, and then tell him you think people wh purchase such should be allowed to take a tax credit for one half of the cost of, and see what does LOL.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#766647 Oct 10, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>POST A LINK and i'll post a link what people from his own city saying about the man ..His neighbors ..
Of course you won't post one because no one who knows Romney except for his rich friends won't have a good word to say about the man .
No one?

Guess you missed Ted and Pat Oparowski's convention appearance.

"My wife and I are people of modest means. I made my living as a professional firefighter for 27 years.

Prior to moving to Randolph, Vermont, we lived in Medford, Massachusetts. It was there where we met Mitt Romney and his family.

It has been over 30 years since we lost our son, David. The memories are still vivid and painful. But we wanted to share them with you because David’s story is part of Mitt’s story.
And America deserves to hear it.

Back in the early 1970s, Mitt visited our home numerous times with his oldest son, Tagg, tagging along. He was in the vanguard of our support system when we received the news that no parent is prepared to confront.

You cannot measure a man’s character based on words he utters before adoring crowds during happy times. The true measure of a man is revealed in his actions during times of trouble.

The quiet hospital room of a dying boy, with no cameras and no reporters – that is the time to make an assessment.

In 1979, tragedy struck our family when our youngest son, David, age 14, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma

Over a period of seven months, he was in and out of Children’s Hospital in Boston for treatment. Throughout that agonizing period, Mitt took time from his busy schedule to visit David. They developed a loving friendship.

On one of his visits, Mitt discovered that David was very fond of fireworks. He went out and bought a box full of “BIG TIME” fireworks that had to sit on the closet shelf because they couldn’t be set off in the city. We waited until we were able to go to Ogunquit, Maine, where we set them off on the sand dunes – with permission from the fire and police departments....

On another visit, David, knowing Mitt had gone to law school at Harvard, asked Mitt if he would help him write a will. He had some prized possessions he wanted to make sure were given to his closest friends and family.

The next time Mitt went to the hospital, he was equipped with his yellow legal pad and pen. Together, they made David’s will. That is a task that no child should ever have to do. But it gave David peace of mind....

How many men do you know would take the time out of their busy lives to visit a terminally ill 14 year old and help him settle his affairs?"

But, of course, it wouldn't matter how many people came forward to
testify to Mitt Romney's generosity and kindness, would it?

He's the Republican, not Democrat, candidate for president.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#766648 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ryan is a career politician, I'm sure he has smooth talking down to a science. At least you recognized that the president acted decently. Your hero Romney brought Big Bird into the discussion.
Romney brought up Big Bird as an EXAMPLE since the moderator was from PBS, it was the perfect time and place to use the example due to the question coming from PBS as well.

Now it's far from Romney's fault that Obama's campaign has not shown anymore intellect then to think Big Bird was not just an example used by Romney but somehow the entire "meat" of the debate.

Obama's campaign is showing their desperation like a proud grandparent showing pics of their new grandbaby.....over and over and over....bragging and bragging and bragging, all the while the desperation grows just like the grandkid, every day getting bigger and bigger. So apparent and so pathetic is their desperation and just like the poor folks stuck next to that proud grandparent they can't even see how sick and tired the American people are of being exposed to Obama's desperation and shallow topics like Big Bird when the country is at the edge of a financial cliff, murdered ambassador's, Islamic flags replacing our flags at no less than three different embassey's in three different countries, unemployment of millions of American's, and on and on and on we could go of the IMPORTANT issues and what is our president doing...campaigning, campaigning, vacationing, golfing, campaigning, and fundraising to no end, interviews with hard hitting news sources like Letterman, The View ladies, Pimp with a Limp, Nickalodeon, etc etc etc. And what is the top items on Obama's to do list......1) accuse Romney of lying 2) remind American's of Romney's goal to kill Big Bird 3) well my bad, I guess there isn't anymore on the list of things to focus on for our president. Yep, there's a president that has our country and our country's citizens best interest at heart....because everyone is worried about Big Bird right now.....right? What a president! I bet the housekeeper at the White House has had to add to their list of things to do..... dust president's chair in Oval Office.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#766649 Oct 10, 2012
In a 109-page report published at a new website CampaignFundingRisks.com , the Government Accountability Institute alleges the current online campaign contribution system lacks accountability and transparency, making it highly susceptible to foreign and fraudulent gifts.

The report’s focus is President Obama’s re-election campaign, which has collected historic sums from online fundraising, relying predominantly on donors who give in small-dollar increments.

Obama and Democrats announced last week that they raised $181 million in September – more than any incumbent president has raised for his re-election in a single month. The funds poured in through more than 1.8 million transactions, 98 percent of which were in increments of $250 or less, officials said.

“Campaigns that aggressively raise money online are soliciting donations from people around the world–whether they intend to or not,” writes GAI president Peter Schweizer and Newsweek reporter Peter J. Boyer in a post on the report at Newsweek/Daily Beast.

The report suggests the Obama campaign is uninhibited in its foreign solicitations, lacks rigorous screening for donors’ citizenship and fails to impose basic e-commerce safeguards, such as requiring donors to provide the Card Verification Value (the security code on the back of a card) to prove a donor is in physical possession of the card.

Under U.S. federal election law, contributions from foreign nationals to presidential campaigns are forbidden.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...

Ocala, FL

#766650 Oct 10, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>While O'bama is on Sesame Street, President Romney is ready to lead the free world on day one.
WOW! So true!

Ocala, FL

#766651 Oct 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ryan is a career politician, I'm sure he has smooth talking down to a science. At least you recognized that the president acted decently. Your hero Romney brought Big Bird into the discussion.
They're ALL career politians. Except for Mitt...he's accomplished SO MUCH more.

Oh, and I believe the president acted "stupidly." Thought it was a big BORE to prepare (do his homework). He thinks he's still back in college waiting for his next doobie.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#766652 Oct 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Security at the Embassy was Hillary Clinton's responsibility.
then throw Hillary under the bus....better her than any of the black losers....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#766653 Oct 10, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
Where's the response to Romney promising no abortion legislation?
This is funny. These right wing lemmings have to wait until FOX News comes on to tell them how to respond to Romney flip-flopping on his promise to end abortion.
http://news.yahoo.com/romney-promises-no-abor...
perhaps Romney finally recognized that the Democrat program of government-financed black genocide has merit.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Dale 182,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min OzRitz 49,326
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 3 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 4 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]