Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765743 Oct 9, 2012

Newt speaks the truth. First 40 seconds.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#765744 Oct 9, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Big Bird's taking center stage. What better indicator of Obama's state of affairs could there be? The economy? NO. The death of our Ambassador? NO. The cooked unemployment numbers? NO. Obama's face plant at the debate? NO. It's Big Bird!!!!
i guess they didn't get the memo that Big Bird is an evil 1%er.

Kill Big Bird?

Why the hell not?

Team Obama, desperate to salvage something from Wednesday’s debate debacle, seized on Mitt Romney’s call to end PBS’ taxpayer subsidy.

It was — horrors!— a gaffe.

Nonsense.

“I like PBS,” Romney said.“I love Big Bird. But I’m not going to ... borrow money from China to pay for [it.]”

Gaffe? No way.

Romney’s not out to drive Big Bird off the air. He just doesn’t think that he rates a Washington subsidy — and he’s not alone.

President Obama’s own Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction commission calls for ending PBS’ subsidy — some $280 million — outright. And for good reason.

Big BirdPBS is now home to numerous lucrative franchises — with “Sesame Street” the most successful, having earned $211 million in merchandising sales from 2003 to 2006.

Indeed, Sesame Workshop’s total assets at the end of last year stood at more than $411 million — and its CEO is paid nearly $1 million a year.

Which certainly makes Big Bird a 1-percenter, earning far more than Mitt Romney — and paying far less in taxes, to boot.

Now, when the Corporation for Public Broadcasing was set up, there was little in the way of educational TV; indeed, all broadcast options were limited.

That’s hardly true in the Information Age, where education outlets are limitless — and well-funded.

PBS contends that Romney “does not understand the value that the American people place on public broadcasting.”

Actually, he does — which is why he figures they’ll voluntarily support it through charitable donations, as many do.

(And by the way, the Obama White House yesterday refused to say if it will preserve tax deductions for all those contributions to “your local PBS station.”)

Big Bird, in short, is doing just fine. But in an era of a $16 trillion-plus national debt, he can pay his own way.'
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765745 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl lick the tip of my co ck a little.
Pretend I'm your father
TYPICAL BLACK DEMOCRAT RACISTS BIGOT SEXISTS, HOMOPHOBE CLASSLESS BLACK DEMOCRAT OBAMA SUPPORTER A REAL HONEYBUCKET OF THE BLACE DEMOCRAT RACE the ChILDREN LEARN THIS FROM THEIR FAMILIES

“Time to change the Boss”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#765746 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a dumb old man.
Seems like just a couple weeks ago I caught you in five lies within 20 minutes and you tucked tail and ran.
Ready for act two?
Wow! Are you the Topix Cop?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#765748 Oct 9, 2012
This is all we need to know about Obama supporters:

Actress Stacey Dash, who has starred in everything from the 90&#8242;s hit Clueless to CSI, prompted a firestorm on Twitter after publicly endorsing Republican nominee Mitt Romney, and then standing by her opinion.

“Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future.@mittromney @teamromney #mittromney #VOTE #voteromney,” Dash wrote on her official Twitter page, accompanied by a photo of herself with an American flag.

Not long after, presumed Obama supporters began insulting Dash for her opinion, saying she isn’t “black” enough, several even asking if the actress would just “kill herself.”

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/twitter-explodes...

Location hidden

#765749 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Black racists??? Really, Archie, it's time you got back, "get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged." The Boss is just really, really ashamed of you...IP hider?
Are you saying Blacks can't be racist?
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765752 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Black racists??? Really, Archie, it's time you got back, "get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged." The Boss is just really, really ashamed of you...IP hider?
YOU RACISTS USE PEOPLES IP ADDRESS TO HARASS THEM BIGOTS BLACK DEMOCRAT BIGOTS, DESTROYING THE BLACK RACE FOR YOUR DEMOCRAT MASTERS Racists BLACK DEMOCRATS destroying the BLACK RACE

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#765754 Oct 9, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnelling money into the Mormon Church who uses that money to influence ballot initiatives in other states against gay marriage is not charity.
Tell the IRS.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#765756 Oct 9, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
allowing people and businesses to pollute if they pay is a ridiculous environmental strategy....a given level of emissions is either acceptable or it is not.....
I never understood that. It's wealth redistribution. That's all it is. Nothing else changes. A heavy polluter buys credits from a polluter that is a low polluter. Most are in the third world. This is how it works. There is no decrease in polluting. In fact it's main function is to keep third world countries third world by not allowing them to increase their energy output that's not wind/solar.

Joliet, Illinois

#765757 Oct 9, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
America hates ObamaCare
Interminable Sentence Nails Obamacare
The American Thinker ^| October 9, 2012 | Deane Waldman and Elise Cooper
In August 2012, a candidate for Illinois State Senate, District 18, Dr. Barbara Bellar, thought she would start a fundraising event with a lighthearted tone. She claimed that she could describe ObamaCare (the ACA) in one sentence -- one very long sentence.
We are going to be gifted with a healthcare plan [the ACA]:
* We are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't;
* Which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people
* Without adding a single new doctor; but
* Provides for 16,000 new IRS agents;
* Written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it;
* Passed by a Congress that didn't read it; but
* Exempted themselves from it; and
* Signed by a president who smokes;
* With funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes;
* For which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect;
* By a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare;
* All to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese; and
* Financed by a country that's broke.
The kiss (selling point) for Obamacare is that everyone will have heathcare. The punch is that the government now hs complete control of who dies and who gets to live.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#765758 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't there a couple more debates, flat foot?
]

Even a fcktard like you should wonder why Obama kept his mouth shut about the "47%".

Location hidden

#765760 Oct 9, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl lick the tip of my co ck a little.
Pretend I'm your father
you're twisted. Do you have a life? Or are you hiding away from the law? That must be why you're so disgusting.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#765761 Oct 9, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And the $1000 + she gets per head for her
"foster children", how many does she have? 24?
Don't forget that gay hubby's whole business was funded on the government dime. Almost comes up with an actual proof for the ad time buy: "You didn't build that." RNC, aka, convention of fools.

Ocala, FL

#765762 Oct 9, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sesame Street is a huge commercial success that hardly needs government funding.....
Why confuse name-callers with facts? It's upsets their entire agenda.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#765764 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Jean. This really is simple. I said you are now calling his performance a strategy. I was talking about his performance. He sucked. Whatever his strategy was, he failed miserably. It's really not that hard to understand.
Whatever...quit explaining.....the dumb act won't help. Anyone stupid enough to think I'm Jean, and who also doesn't know that all participants in a debate have a strategy isn't worth arguing with.

Right here.....

"Obama's performance now was a "strategy"?

End of story.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#765765 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lily wants to decide how charities use their money.
The Mormon church has the right to defend the morals of Mormons anywhere they choose.
Defending the rights of Mormons is not charity___frankly it's hard to find any traditional charitable work that group participates in. The Mormon Church doesn't appear on the Forbes list of religious charities under any of it's names.

Tithing is one thing but the bulk of Mitt's charitable donations were also made to his church___the same church that invested millions of dollars with Bain Capital. That doesn't look good but the then the Mormon Church doesn't really give a shyt how it looks, they play by their own rules where lying and cheating are not only accepted but preferred.

Ocala, FL

#765767 Oct 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think Mormons need help and their church provides it? Instead of the government?
This country would be a heck of a lot better off if every single American gave regularly to a local church's benevolence fund or donated food to a religious or community organizations' food pantry for the needy.
Those donations would not be wasted and would be put into the right hands for the right reasons.
It would solve the problem of caring for the poor. Not a disguise to get votes and stay in power.
You are absolutely right!^5

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765768 Oct 9, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your statement is this.
Obamacare has NOT reduced the cost of healthare or health insurance. Obamacare has increased the cost of healthcare and health insurance.
There are many better alternatives to providing healthcare for 30 million uninsured than by stealing 751 Billion in funds supposed to be dedicated to elderly citizens who have paid for these benefits in advance.
I don't know if you have ever read the affordable healthcare act in part or in whole.The legislators who passed it into law didn't. The government controls over how medicine is practiced and even who qualifies for treatment is controlled firectly by the government under the provisions of this law.
A senior citizen aged 80 stands a much less chance of having open heart surgery performed than does a 28 year old citizen. The reason according to the guildelines in the bill.
These are pretty dramatic changes to buy healthcare for illegal immigrants in my opinion. I especially don't like stealing money from old peoples benefits to provide healthcarte for illegal aliens.
The parts of Obamacare that help redue costs for millions of Americans has yet to kick in. Those are the exchanges.

The CBO said Obamacare bends the curve of rising costs.

Become better informed on the 716 billion in savings from Medicare. You obviously have no clue. There are no cuts in benefits. Benefits actually increase.

Lawmakers had plenty of time top read the bill. Of course you must be referring to Republicans who never read the blll because they were voting no on day one.

There are no guidelines that say a 80 year old man does not get heart surgery.

Quit making up shit & read the GD bill or STFU.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#765769 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
BLACKS ARE AS RACISTS AS THE KKK BLACK DEMOCRATS ARE AS RACISTS AS THE KKK WHO BRED THEM YES YOUR SLAVE MASTERS WERE AND STILL WHITE BIGOTED DEMOCRATS BLACK RACISTS BIGOTED DEMOCRATS AND THEIR WHITE BIGOTED BABY KILLING DEMOCRAT MASTERS yes blacks can be bigots
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#765770 Oct 9, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i guess they didn't get the memo that Big Bird is an evil 1%er.
Kill Big Bird?
Why the hell not?
Nah, just water board the big dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 47,067
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 2 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 5 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]