Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419334 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

#754490 Sep 27, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I think I'm going to be sick!

Free Ride...vote Obama. Romney sucks he might actually make them work and pay for their own phone.

No Obama means no phone and kiss the lobster tails good bye!!!! To hell with the 16 trillion debt as long as they get free food,phone, medical. They deserve it afterall they are entitled, they finished 3rd grade.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#754491 Sep 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal talking points newspaper, the New York Times, even knows her power over this president.
Remember all the hoopla over the Catholic church and Obama's mandate about birth control pills which started the infamous "war on women"?
Apparently, no advisors had any idea this was going to happen.
According to the NYT, Chief of Staff, William Daley said this:
“It was then made clear to me that, no, there were senior White House officials who had been involved and supported this.”
The NYT goes on to report:
"While he [Daley] was trying to put out what he considered a fire, the person fanning the flames was sitting just one flight up from him: Valerie Jarrett, the Obamas’ first friend, the proposal’s chief patron and a tenacious White House operator who would ultimately outmaneuver not only Mr. Daley but also the vice president in her effort to include the broadest possible contraception coverage in the administration’s health care overhaul."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics...
Is Lily going to call the New York Times a liar now?
But get this, Homer. The article goes even further:
"Jarrett came to Washington with no national experience. But her unmatched access to the Obamas has made her a driving force in some of the most significant domestic policy decisions of the president’s first term, her persuasive power only amplified by Mr. Obama’s insular management style.
“'She is the single most influential person in the Obama White House,” said one former senior White House official."
And a poster on here last night who adores Obama had no idea who Valerie Jarrett was.
At least he was honest in admitting it. Probably a lot more on had no idea either.
And also -

GOLDBERG: But do you think we’ll continue to hear from the president about how he wants to work with the Republicans --?

JARRETT: Well, of course.

GOLDBERG:- or has he given up on that?

JARRETT: No, no, he’s never going to give up on that. I think it’s what the American people expect, is that their president will always try to engage. And it’s not a Republican or a Democratic issue, it’s trying to galvanize all of the elected officials to keep focused not on their short-term political interest, but on all of you, the American people. And that’s something that he is as determined to push forward today as he has ever been.

And by 'he' she means 'her'.

Jarrett/Obama/Biden 2012
dem

Chicago, IL

#754492 Sep 27, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Yep...9 more idiots think Paul Ryan is a black liberal and bin Laden is Romney's running mate.
Look at gunner lapping at Howard Sterns balls. You know he's a liberal right.
Blair

Santa Clara, CA

#754493 Sep 27, 2012
Homosexuals Have High Rate Of Child Molestation
Gay Apologists Insist on a Simplistic Stereotype of Pedophilia
Central to the attempts to separate homosexuality from pedophilia is the claim that pedophiles cannot, by definition, be considered homosexuals. Relying upon a questionable methodology[23], the gay activist claim: " A sexual abuser who molests a child of the same sex is usually not considered homosexual."[24]

The basis for this claim is the view that pedophiles who molest boys cannot be considered homosexual if that individual has at any time been married or sexually involved with women.
'Homosexual Pedophiles': A Clinical Term

The fact is, however, that the terms "homosexual" and "pedophile" are not mutually exclusive: they describe two intersecting types of sexual attraction. Webster's Dictionary defines "homosexual" as someone who is sexually attracted to persons of the same sex. "Pedophile" is defined as "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." The former definition refers to the gender of the desired sexual object, while the latter refers to the age of the desired sexual object.

A male "homosexual pedophile," then, is defined as someone who is generally (but not exclusively, see below) sexually attracted to boys, while a female "homosexual pedophile" is sexually attracted to girls.[25]

· A study of child molesters in Behavior Research and Therapy found that "a homosexual and a heterosexual subgroup can be delineated among these offenders."[28]

· The Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy published a study on the same topic, which discussed "the proportional prevalence of heterosexual and homosexual pedophilia."[29] The study commented on a study that found that "the percentage of the homosexual pedophiles would be 45.8." Even adjusted downward for exhibitionists, "this would still indicate a much higher percentage (34 percent) of homosexuals among pedophiles than among men who prefer physically mature partners."[30]

· In a review of studies on pedophilia, the Psychiatric Journal of the University of Ottawa concluded: "The findings of previous studies report that pedophiles can be divided into heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles according to their erotic preference.... This was confirmed in this recent study."[31] The article classified homosexual pedophilia into three types: the socially inadequate homosexual pedophile, the intrusive homosexual pedophile, and the undifferentiated homosexual pedophile.[32]

· A study of pedophiles in Behavior Research and Therapy concluded: "The second, and perhaps the most important observation we made, is that a homosexual and a heterosexual subgroup can be delineated among these offenders.... Categorizing them in this way revealed important differences in the pattern of their sexual preferences."[33]

Homosexuals make up less than 2% of the population .

"The rate of homosexual versus heterosexual child sexual abuse is staggering," "Abel’s data of 150.2 boys abused per male homosexual offender finds no equal (yet) in heterosexual violations of 19.8 girls."

Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, counters that federal crime data refute claims that homosexuals molest children at higher rates than heterosexuals.

"According to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), this claim is false,".
In terms of numbers of children abused per offender, homosexuals abuse with far greater frequency; and boys, research shows, are the much-preferred target.

Authorities say evidence examined disproves the assertion that child molestation is more prevalent among heterosexuals.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#754494 Sep 27, 2012
Real-Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, this is all you're capable of doing. Combing websites for propoganda & vitriol and then doing a copy & paste job.
What a shallow individual.
A Note on Romney’s Arrogant and Stupid Remarks

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/note-romn...

Lucky for me[?] I don't just rely on left wings sites to be 'shallow'. That would make me stupid and arrogant.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#754495 Sep 27, 2012
Blair wrote:
I hate Typo's
Obama Oppresses Christianity But Supports Homosexuality
CDC: Homosexual men account for 61% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population
Thu Aug 18, 2011 19:22 EST
Comments (33)
WASHINGTON, D.C., August 18, 2011 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that practicing homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.
Earlier this month, the CDC released estimates for HIV infections from 2006-2009 showing that new infections remained stable at around 50,000 for each of the four years.
Homosexual men (men who have sex with men) accounted for 29,300 of the estimated 48,100 new infections in 2009, and homosexual men aged 13 to 29 accounted for 27% of the new cases.
in men engaging in homosexual activity.
as an obvious member of the gay community, what are you doing about this??? accept copy and paste bullshit lies like this post...
Blair

Santa Clara, CA

#754496 Sep 27, 2012
No Good, that's why homosexuals are banned from donating blood in every country in the world, at least every major country.
Homosexual Man Suing for Right to Donate Blood Donated While Infected with Syphilis

OTTAWA, Ontario,- A homosexual man who is suing Canadian Blood Services (CBS) for the right to donate blood was found to be infected with syphilis and gonorrhea after having lied repeatedly on the questionnaire about his sexual history. An Ottawa court heard the case this week.
CBS launched a suit against Kyle Freeman, 36, for negligent misrepresentation after they found out that he had lied on their form and, through regular blood screening, that he had syphilis.
In response, Freeman has launched his own suit against CBS, alleging that the policy violates his Charter right to equality and that it is scientifically unfounded.

Freedman lied on the CBS questionnaire because, he said, he would have been "blacklisted" from donating henceforth. "Once they found out I was in a same sex relationship, I would not be able to donate blood anymore," he said. "I would be blacklisted."
"I felt my risk was non-existent," he said.
"I wanted the blood to be used. I took all the precautions for the blood to be used."
CBS policy prohibits blood donations from any man who has had sex with another man since 1977, in an effort to screen out donors with sexually transmitted diseases, particularly HIV. Relying on blood tests to screen out blood with HIV is dangerous because the disease may not show up in tests for up to three months.

CBS' lawyer told the court that Freeman's case illustrates how "very dangerous" it is to rely on self-assessment in giving blood. "[The] rigorous donor-screening process is critical in minimizing the possibility that, through error, an infected blood unit will be transfused to a patient," she said.

The CBS lawsuit followed anonymous e-mails sent to them by Freeman, in which he admitted to lying on the questionnaire to "stimulate discussion, research and change." He linked to information that gave evidence of behaviors more risky than male homosexual sex..hile Freeman contends that a ban on men who have had sex with men is scientifically unfounded, a large body of evidence indicates otherwise.

For example, in August, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced their estimate that the rate of AIDS is 61 times higher among American homosexual men than in the rest of the population. In 2011, the CDC revealed that approximately 61% of new HIV cases were in homosexual men.

Last year, the head of the World Health Organization's HIV/AIDS department, epidemiologist Kevin de Cock, admitted that outside of sub-Saharan Africa there is no pandemic of AIDS amongst heterosexuals, saying it is among homosexual men that the disease is on the rise. Further, the WHO warned earlier this year that it is male homosexual sex that is causing the spread of AIDS in Asia.
Perhaps more shocking, relating to the issue of self-assessment, a University of Toronto survey of 5,000 homosexual and bisexual men in Ontario found that 27% of those who had HIV did not know that they were infected.

In 2010, the FDA renewed their ban on blood donations from men who have sex with men, saying, "A history of male-to-male sex is associated with an increased risk for the presence of and transmission of certain infectious diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS."

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the FDA should allow gays to donate blood with just one stipulation; individual donations must be of a minimum of 10 pints per person per donation.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#754497 Sep 27, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
With a group of gods like these, what was my greatest error?(redacted)
Probably being detected by the Ancient Aliens people on the History Channel. But then, they say there’s no such thing as bad publicity.(Look at me.)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#754498 Sep 27, 2012
still the same wrote:
You can dismiss those of us who will in protest vote for a third-party candidate and invest our time and energy in acts of civil disobedience. You can pride yourself on being practical. You can swallow the false argument of the lesser of two evils. But ask yourself, once this nightmare starts kicking in, who the real sucker is
What! After all the crap you've been spewing you better be voting for Romney!
dem

Chicago, IL

#754499 Sep 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>And also -

GOLDBERG: But do you think we’ll continue to hear from the president about how he wants to work with the Republicans --?

JARRETT: Well, of course.

GOLDBERG:- or has he given up on that?

JARRETT: No, no, he’s never going to give up on that. I think it’s what the American people expect, is that their president will always try to engage. And it’s not a Republican or a Democratic issue, it’s trying to galvanize all of the elected officials to keep focused not on their short-term political interest, but on all of you, the American people. And that’s something that he is as determined to push forward today as he has ever been.

And by 'he' she means 'her'.

Jarrett/Obama/Biden 2012
Carol learned that particular dumb from dbwriter. Our resident commie midget.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#754500 Sep 27, 2012
Look at the Saul Alinsky community organizer doing a 180 on the "47%" and victims.

Where would dirtbags like Obama be without their victims, you ask?

They wouldn't exist.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#754501 Sep 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course YOU don't care. Just don't speak for the rest of us. Most of us recognize hypocrisy when we see it.
Obama wants us to believe he cares about the "struggling poor" to beef up more federal programs and a nanny state but cared less about the "struggling poor" in his own district?
It's okay. Your blinders are well-adjusted.
no blinders needed here,, I'm Happy... I love what president Obama has done with his life and his Presidency.As is well over half of America and thats all that matters, you don't matter, your nothing,just a hater sheep....
fred

Milford, CT

#754502 Sep 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! That article was from 2010. Keep awhishin' and a hopin' Flack
What could go wrong?

Fed 'Virtually Funding the Entire US Deficit'...
dem

Chicago, IL

#754503 Sep 27, 2012
Romney is Obamas best campaign ad

As his surrogates were warming up a crowd of 3,600 at the SeaGate Convention Centre in downtown Toledo, Romney sat backstage for an interview with NBC News, during which he fully embraced the health care overhaul he signed into law as governor of Massachusetts.
“Don’t forget,” Romney said,“I got everybody in my state insured. One hundred percent of the kids in our state had health insurance. I don’t think there’s anything that shows more empathy and care about the people of this country than that kind of record.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#754504 Sep 27, 2012
Blair wrote:
Author of controversial ‘gold standard’ study on gay parenting being investigated by university
Mon Jul 16, 2012 18:41 EST
Comments (49)
Tags: gay parenting, homosexual, mark regnerus, texas
July 16, 2012- The University of Texas has launched a “scientific misconduct” investigation of UT sociologist Mark Regnerus, after he was accused by homosexual activists of “scientific misconduct” in his recent study.
....a Golinski-case amicus brief analyzing the Regnerus study as scientifically invalid was jointly filed by 1) the American Psychological Association; 2) the California Psychological Association; 3) the American Psychiatric Association; 4) the National Association of Social Workers; and 5) its California Chapter; 6) the American Medical Association; 7) the American Academy of Pediatrics; and 8) the American Psychoanalytic Association.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/bombshel...

All gay I'm sure.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#754505 Sep 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal talking points newspaper, the New York Times, even knows her power over this president.
Remember all the hoopla over the Catholic church and Obama's mandate about birth control pills which started the infamous "war on women"?
Apparently, no advisors had any idea this was going to happen.
According to the NYT, Chief of Staff, William Daley said this:
“It was then made clear to me that, no, there were senior White House officials who had been involved and supported this.”
The NYT goes on to report:
"While he [Daley] was trying to put out what he considered a fire, the person fanning the flames was sitting just one flight up from him: Valerie Jarrett, the Obamas’ first friend, the proposal’s chief patron and a tenacious White House operator who would ultimately outmaneuver not only Mr. Daley but also the vice president in her effort to include the broadest possible contraception coverage in the administration’s health care overhaul."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics...
Is Lily going to call the New York Times a liar now?
But get this, Homer. The article goes even further:
"Jarrett came to Washington with no national experience. But her unmatched access to the Obamas has made her a driving force in some of the most significant domestic policy decisions of the president’s first term, her persuasive power only amplified by Mr. Obama’s insular management style.
“'She is the single most influential person in the Obama White House,” said one former senior White House official."
And a poster on here last night who adores Obama had no idea who Valerie Jarrett was.
At least he was honest in admitting it. Probably a lot more on had no idea either.
Hi Carol, I hope you are well. President Urkel's pick of Jarrett is simply good old cronyism. She clearly is not qualified for her position.

Different issue, I need your help with Homer and I was hoping you would help. For several weeks now he has bringing his laundry to work, washing it in the kitchen sink and hanging it on clothes lines strung through the office. He said his actions were a protest to Romney. Not sure what that is supposed to mean, but it is really getting out hand. Today is undergarment day. Could you have a word with him? No one can near the hand dryer in the men's room as Homer is using it constantly. Help!!
still the same

New York, NY

#754506 Sep 27, 2012
Dollar Hegemony in the Empire of the Damned Many commentators and economists wonder if the US is able to turn its ailing economy around. The reality is that it is bankrupt. However, as long as the dollar remains the world currency, the US can continue to pay its bills by simply printing more money. But once the world no longer accepts the dollar as world reserve currency, the US will no longer be able to continue to pay its way or to fund its wars by relying on what would then be a relatively valueless paper currency.

And the US realises this. Today, more than 60 per cent of all foreign currency reserves in the world are in US dollars, and the US will attempt to prevent countries moving off the dollar by any means possible. It seems compelled to do this simply because its economic infrastructure seems too weak and US corporate cartels will do anything to prevent policies that eat into their profits or serve to curtail political influence. They serve their own interests, not any notional ‘national interest’.

Pail Graig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury, notes that much of the most productive part of the US economy has been moved offshore in order to increase corporate profits. By doing so, the US has lost critical supply chains, industrial infrastructure, and the knowledge of skilled workers. According to Roberts, the US could bring its corporations back to America by taxing their profits abroad and could also resort to protective tariffs, but such moves would be contrary to the material interests of the ruling oligarchy of private interests, which hold so much sway over US politics.

So, with no solution to the crisis in site, the US is compelled to expand its predatory capitalism into foreign markets such as India and to wage imperialist wars to maintain global allegiance to the dollar and US hegemony. And this is exactly what we are seeing today as the US strategy for global supremacy is played out.
fred

Milford, CT

#754507 Sep 27, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What! After all the crap you've been spewing you better be voting for Romney!
UPDATE: Over the cliff: Durable goods orders drop 13.2% in August; Update: Q2 GDP downgraded from 1.7% to 1.3%.
dem

Chicago, IL

#754508 Sep 27, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>I want to see you cry after Obama wins in Nov!!
The impeachment talk will start before December.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#754509 Sep 27, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not Melvin. Didn’t you once ask everyone if they thought I’m Homer?(I’m not.)
I’m uniquely your Kuda, the current incarnation of Ethyl Waters’ spirit son. No, not that one:
http://www.sepiarecords.com/UK/UKdetails/1079...
Rejoice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CNQXQKflJNAXX
Ah but you know who Melvin is! I haven't called them that since you have been on here under that name. No, I never claimed you was Homer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 28 min Red_Forman 3,041
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min Red_Forman 9,388
last post wins! (Dec '10) 29 min Red_Forman 2,426
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Dr Guru 222,606
Marxiosocialist Double Speak 2 hr Jerkt toff 15
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 3 hr !!! 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 61,051

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages