Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#752059 Sep 24, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And he wasn't even a resident when he ran for governor--that's another reason that not "too" many tax returns are released in total...and by a thirty point margin they don't want him back, either. You think Ann told them to just, "Stop it!"
Yeah and neither was Barack Hussein Obama? Only he isn't a natural born citizen? Bang your head again the wall again, you're a terrible apologist, Leo?? The teacher who has been told she knows all about Romney, and in actuality, is talking to herself? Where is the requirement in the U.S. Constitution that stipulates one must produce their tax returns to run for the U.S.Presidency? I'll give you a clue Teach, there isn't?? Give it a rest...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#752060 Sep 24, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Article 1, Section 8
just one example
Clause 3. To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
Congress has the power to impose regulations on interstate and international business. This "interstate commerce clause" has been quite controversial in the history of constitutional law; for a long time, judges tended to read the clause narrowly, overturning federal laws they deemed focused mainly on regulating economic activity within states rather than between them. Since the 1930s, however, judges have tended to read the clause broadly, allowing the government to regulate all kinds of economic activity—by setting a national minimum wage, for example.
http://www.shmoop.com/constitution/article-1-...
"On every question of construction (of the constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p.322

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#752061 Sep 24, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Truth? Repeatedly refering to Lily as a lush, drunk, inebriated, I would not CALL truth. It's pubescent preschool palabra !
I don't want to like you if you're this much of a simpleton.
And I'm not easily persuaded nor impressed by lies.
Whoever's ...
And you don't know WHO I like.
Go polish your one electr0n.
It's dull.
Pour yourself another paper cup of wine from that box too while you're at it!
<quoted text>
Repeatedly refering to Lily as a lush, drunk, inebriated, I would not CALL truth. Just a fact. And, like I alluded to earlier, you fear truth and so deny its appearance and presence with gusto. That's cute. You should be in a parade or something beating your head like you would a Pinata. Don't worry. The street-sweepers carry Lysol Spray and shovels.

You claim to be unpersuaded and unimpressed by lies but the irony here is that your statement is a lie! You convolute so much you routinely go into convulsions.

And I do know WHO you like: Yourself. You are in love with yourself. Thus, many people tell you to go f*ck yourself. If you want it done right, do it yourself, bud.

Now....pick up your mop, put the bedpan on your head and go tilt at windmills to your heart's delight.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#752062 Sep 24, 2012
"Yes, Bill Clinton won two terms and is a brilliant pol bar none, as he showed in Charlotte in the best speech of both conventions. But the crisis Obama faced on his first day—like the one Reagan faced—was far deeper than anything Clinton confronted, and the future upside therefore is much greater. And unlike Clinton’s constant triangulating improvisation, Obama has been playing a long, strategic game from the very start—a long game that will only truly pay off if he gets eight full years to see it through. That game is not only changing America. It may also bring his opposition, the GOP, back to the center, just as Reagan indelibly moved the Democrats away from the far left."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/09...
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#752063 Sep 24, 2012
The GOP Must Vanish wrote:
WWW.ELECTORAL-VOTE.COM
That there skool you went to when you were little...did they teech y'all about WHEN electoral votes count?
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#752064 Sep 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad republican site
Here's the most succinct one:
"GM is alive and
Osama bin Laden is dead."
It's a great bumper sticker line and has the added advantage of deeper resonance. While giving Barack Obama credit for saving the American auto industry and chasing down the nation's most notorious enemy, those two boasts also bring to mind the state of the Union when the president took office. Not only was the auto industry about to fail, so was the entire financial system. Not only was Bin Laden at large, his terror network was active and the country was mired in the two longest wars in American history.
bin Laden's terror network killed the US ambassador to Libya.....

or maybe you believe it was a few peasants upset about a video none had seen....

Lapeer, MI

#752065 Sep 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
"GM is alive
and
Osama bin Laden is dead."
With King Obama's help, GM is half-dead.
The Navy Seals took care of Osama but Obama took credit.

Lapeer, MI

#752066 Sep 24, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m jealous. Where’s my martini-makin’ wife?
I’ll swear to goodness, I spend all my welfare check on booze and salty treats and then have to make my own drinks. It’s just not fair. I need more benefits!
Get darker skin.

Lapeer, MI

#752067 Sep 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick accused Romney of “turning his back on half the country” with his comments. Patrick said his own mother had relied on food stamps but aspired “to get to a better place, to get her GED, to get a job, to stand on her own two feet. The notion that she, or we, or people like us would be belittled while we needed some help to be able to stand on our own two feet is exactly what Gov. Romney is conveying.”
Advertise | AdChoices
And despite persistent high unemployment – with the jobless rate staying above 8 percent since February of 2009 – Patrick contended that Obama deserved credit:“We’ve seen the country brought back from the brink of depression. Are we done? Of course not, of course not. But we’re certainly on a better course.”
"...his own mother had relied on food stamps.." means that he most likely had no father he could actually call a father. And his mother was probably sleeping with fathers. Nice. Cute.

He's a Liberal because he knows where the money is - in someone else's pocket.
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#752068 Sep 24, 2012
frontporchreactionary wrote:
"Yes, Bill Clinton won two terms and is a brilliant pol bar none, as he showed in Charlotte in the best speech of both conventions. But the crisis Obama faced on his first day—like the one Reagan faced—was far deeper than anything Clinton confronted, and the future upside therefore is much greater. And unlike Clinton’s constant triangulating improvisation, Obama has been playing a long, strategic game from the very start—a long game that will only truly pay off if he gets eight full years to see it through. That game is not only changing America. It may also bring his opposition, the GOP, back to the center, just as Reagan indelibly moved the Democrats away from the far left."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/09...
hussein obama had every opportunity to get the Republicans to move to the center during the last four years.....but was unwilling to move there himself....

why should the next four years be any different???....particularly with a lame-duck President....

Lapeer, MI

#752069 Sep 24, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I rattle your cage, to create another 'peanut gallery' comment.
Awe
Vous êtes plus paranoïaque qu'un chat dans une pièce remplie de chaises berçantes!
Vous devriez envisager de vendre votre cerveau à la science médicale
au revoir troll
Hee, Hee. The rattling cage is yours.

But you don't know it.

Get yer butt out of the water tray. Unless you enjoy the taste.

Lapeer, MI

#752070 Sep 24, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
"On every question of construction (of the constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p.322
This should be read by every living judge. It should be burned in wood and nailed to their foreheads.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#752071 Sep 24, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
some of the reimbursement rates are so ridiculously low that this might be an expected result.....
my impression, largely anecdotal and subjective, is that the reimbursement for highly skilled care, such as complex surgical skills, is too low...while the reimbursement for the hospital room and diagnostic tests is too high....
your right the Medicare reimbursement rates are so ridiculously low.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#752072 Sep 24, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick accused Romney of “turning his back on half the country” with his comments. Patrick said his own mother had relied on food stamps but aspired “to get to a better place, to get her GED, to get a job, to stand on her own two feet.
He accused him of the wrong thing.

Romney IS NOT against folks like Patrick's mom. His job will be to loosen regulations so men and women like Patrick's mom will be able to reach those goals sooner and with less government interference.

Romney is against those who WANT the government to take care of them, not those who NEED the help.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#752073 Sep 24, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
why should the next four years be any different???....particularly with a lame-duck President....
They won't, and with even more republican senators and congressmen, the gridlock will be worse than ever.
The GOP Must Vanish

United States

#752074 Sep 24, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't, and with even more republican senators and congressmen, the gridlock will be worse than ever.
the dems are keeping the majority on the senate.

WWW.ELECTORAL-VOTE.COM
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#752075 Sep 24, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if radical Islamists appreciate irony?
I don't think they will enjoy the killing bin Laden tape. Security better be good around its' release.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#752076 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text> the dems are keeping the majority on the senate.
WWW.ELECTORAL-VOTE.COM
We will see.

Why don't you guys use Taro cards as you think everything is decided before it happens?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#752077 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text> the dems are keeping the majority on the senate.
WWW.ELECTORAL-VOTE.COM
Yep, we're going to reelect Obama and even more democrat senators.

LOL...it must be tough thinking all Americans are as dumb as you Obamatards.

Oh well...if you're right, you deserve whatever you get.
Willard

Indianapolis, IN

#752078 Sep 24, 2012
Unless you can afford to spend $50,000 a plate to attend one of my elegant fundraising dinners,I don't like you. I don't consider you worthy of sharing the same air that I breathe and ,I WILL NOT represent you as your president!!

I will not betray my class.

I will not betray my investments!

Wall ST. Before Main St.!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 2 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Wolverine33 654
Rattlesnake Logic 9 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]