Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1801226 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#503056 Dec 1, 2011
cathy1691823 wrote:
Gingrich-led Republicans stuck to their principles. The result: 4 consecutive balanced budgets, over $400 billion of debt paid off, bipartisan welfare reform, 11 million new jobs, and unemployment falling to under 4%. He will again lead the country with the same results.
Watch as the liberal spin machine tries to rewrite that bit of history....
Nah. You did a fine job of rewriting it yourself!

Tell us about how Unions ruined the country by taking children out of the sweatshops and mines and profits out of the Robber Barons cigar boxes.
Lord Fetch

United States

#503057 Dec 1, 2011
cathy1691823 wrote:
As President, Newt will dramatically shrink the Department of Education to a research and reporting overview agency, and restore decision-making powers to states and communities.
When The Speaker voted for the creation of the Department of Education, the institution was only structured to provide research and collect data. Unfortunately, the bureaucracy ballooned, so while Speaker, Newt aggressively campaigned to pare down the Department back to its appropriate role and return power to the states.
As President, Newt will dramatically shrink the Department of Education to a research and reporting overview agency, and restore decision-making powers to states and communities.
Most responsibilities and positions will be eliminated, and its new role will be to help find new and innovative approaches to then be adopted voluntarily at the local level. Newt will steadfastly oppose any national curriculum standards, and will reverse Barack Obama’s nationalization of the student loan industry.
This is big with the independent voters. These voters have longed advocated for a reduction in the federal powers over their child's education.
trust me...there won't be a president newt...the more i say it, the funnier it sounds, ma'am
Obama is a God

United States

#503058 Dec 1, 2011
Joshua wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend are one deranged puppy. Simply put Kerry served and volunteered for Vietnam. Nothing else matters. While every man that actually served with him defend him.Then when returned and he described some of the autrocities that go on in all wars, Iraq has had way more than it's share. If you were to be honest with your hatred, you just might want to start with the Bush administration and how they were stacked with "CHICKENHAWKS" and most every one of them went to great lengths to avoid serving,who never served ONE day. Yours is fanatical and people like you do a great disservice to our nation.
Obama was a fighter pilot in the Crack Indonesian Army too!

Kerry paid 7 guys to back his heroic duty/story!
Over 260 said it was crap!He also signed for some of his own medals that he threw out the window!3 purple hearts in 6 months?

All Republicans dodged the draft especially John McCain!

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#503059 Dec 1, 2011
IT98 wrote:
When The Speaker voted for the creation of the Department of Education, the institution was only structured to provide research and collect data. Unfortunately, the bureaucracy ballooned, so while Speaker, Newt aggressively campaigned to pare down the Department back to its appropriate role and return power to the education.
Traders like IT69 that spreading lies and misinformation are worse than the terrorist threat they sneak around and spread half truths and out and out lies.

American trader IT69 who never served this country one day in any way.She is our problem.
carol

Orlando, FL

#503060 Dec 1, 2011
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
For real Homer and wipe that smile off your face and bathe already. Starting to smell like the Olive Garden in here.
Tell him to make sure he gets all the crevices and grooves too.

Yuck...
Lord Fetch

United States

#503061 Dec 1, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Nah. You did a fine job of rewriting it yourself!
Tell us about how Unions ruined the country by taking children out of the sweatshops and mines and profits out of the Robber Barons cigar boxes.
God, don't ask her, she'll go on about it all day and night

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#503062 Dec 1, 2011
cathy1691823 wrote:
When The Speaker voted for the creation of the Department of Education, the institution was only structured to provide research and collect data. Unfortunately, the bureaucracy ballooned, so while Speaker, Newt aggressively campaigned to pare down the Department back to its appropriate role and return power to the states.
Most responsibilities and positions will be eliminated, and its new role will be to help find new and innovative approaches to then be adopted voluntarily at the local level. Newt will steadfastly oppose any national curriculum standards, and will reverse Barack Obama’s nationalization of the student loan industry.
This is big with the independent voters. These voters have longed advocated for a reduction in the federal powers over their child's education.
As president, Newt will also be able to imprision his wife in Guantanamo under the Patriot Act rather than serve her divorce papers while she's in the hospital.
Lord Fetch

United States

#503063 Dec 1, 2011
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just glad the central banks have all that money just lying around and are going to save the world from an economic disaster with it.
after plunging the world into economic disaster it's the least...the very least, they could do
Lord Fetch

United States

#503064 Dec 1, 2011
Obama is a God wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was a fighter pilot in the Crack Indonesian Army too!
Kerry paid 7 guys to back his heroic duty/story!
Over 260 said it was crap!He also signed for some of his own medals that he threw out the window!3 purple hearts in 6 months?
All Republicans dodged the draft especially John McCain!
no...mccain volunteered, the rest of them dodged.

sucks to be on your side doesn't it?
Dan Salazar

AOL

#503065 Dec 1, 2011
If America is to collapse into chaos Obama is the perfect guy to preside. America had a good run of over 200 years. History will remember us as the "Shining City on the Hill" not just during our last days as nothing more than Obama Nation.
carol

Orlando, FL

#503066 Dec 1, 2011
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>trust me...there won't be a president newt...the more i say it, the funnier it sounds, ma'am
President Gingrich. Newt is a nickname for Newton.

When do we ever say President Barack?

(which is very much like the sound a bullfrog makes...when you think about it.)
Lord Fetch

United States

#503067 Dec 1, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>As president, Newt will also be able to imprision his wife in Guantanamo under the Patriot Act rather than serve her divorce papers while she's in the hospital.
so much easier

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#503068 Dec 1, 2011
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
President Gingrich. Newt is a nickname for Newton.
When do we ever say President Barack?
(which is very much like the sound a bullfrog makes...when you think about it.)
carol seems to like the guys that cheat and lie to there wives. she eather must have problems at home or she just doesn't believe in woman's rights.

Since: Feb 11

Bertrand

#503069 Dec 1, 2011
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that if we all were to use that same gage and criteria for discussion, you would become a hermit. As you have more than proven that stupidity is irreversible.
And yet, here I am. You* and yours are unable to ignore me. You* are incapable of letting the truth go unabated with your lies or slander and usually both lies and slander. You* feel compelled to either slam me for posting truisms or slander the truth. You have a pitiful existence, on here ALL day long, 24/7 like a maggot on a rotting piece of meat.

*you as in all of you lying slanderous libtards

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#503070 Dec 1, 2011
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in NYC. It was New Yorkers who were a little peeved. But you know how hysterical those New Yorkers can get.
I live in NYC. Totally overblown nonsense. He was here and gone in a flash and nobody was, as far as I recall "peeved". We take this stuff in stride Carol. Don't believe everything you read. No one was hysterical other than you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#503071 Dec 1, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>As president, Newt will also be able to imprision his wife in Guantanamo under the Patriot Act rather than serve her divorce papers while she's in the hospital.
That's true:

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/11/gitmo-law...

Gitmo Law Could Someday Apply to American Citizens
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#503072 Dec 1, 2011
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>carol seems to like the guys that cheat and lie to there wives. she eather must have problems at home or she just doesn't believe in woman's rights.
She's a republican, even the women hate women.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#503073 Dec 1, 2011
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bret, I'm supposed to be the guy, THIS IS MY TIME dammit and I deserve it!"
I'm making that up. I did expect Romney to get the nomination but I think the debates will be a lot more fun if Newt gets it. Obama's a smart guy, Romney's a smart guy, Newt's a dum bass who pretends to be a smart guy. It'll be fun to watch his "Lincoln-Douglas" debates.
Obama's a smart guy....
Have you seen him speak without a teleprompter? And you call that "smart?"

Since: Feb 11

Bertrand

#503074 Dec 1, 2011
Ferrerman wrote:
Obama backs and signed the Patriot Act into law. Newt never served divorce papers to his wife in the hospital.

ferret-man, unable to know the truth resorted to lies and slander... typical liberal.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

#503075 Dec 1, 2011
The only group that possibly could ever have a President Gingrich is the Tiffany & co.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For What It's Worth. 1 hr Oracle of Truth 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 243,700
News As unrest follows latest Chicago police shootin... 3 hr lol 12
News Based on a four-city sampling, apartment rental... 3 hr lol 1
Harold Barber, are you still there? 4 hr Good Luck 2
Object of Thoughtful Logical Thought. 4 hr Objectivity for All 1
Chicago flash mobs are more lethal than ever be... 4 hr Ex Chicagoan 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages