First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 May 30, 2013
Of my friends who were doing hard drugs at a young age (as in, coke in high school), eveyr one of them said the same thing: "The first drug I ever tried was a pill from my parents' medicine cabinet."

My friends' parents apparently were on valium, lithium, whatever. This was foreign to me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 May 30, 2013
Oh, these weren't HS friends of mine. They were friends I got around age 20, from different schools.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#23 May 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
LW3: What is the point of this very fake letter?
No d*mn kidding. The intern totally dropped the ball on this one. Actually, it probably wasn't the intern; it was more likely Abby.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, never my stance. Obamacare hasn't taken effect yet (except to shake down insurance companies to pay for it, but you probably haven't heard about that yet.) I blame the pharmaceutical companies. If the entire population was on medication, they'd (pharma companies) would be sittin pretty pretty. There is something wrong with all of us, take this pill and it will make you better.
But we teach our children to say no to drugs...
No, no. Obamacare, as you call it, has already started and laws that have to be complied with by companies are ongoing right now.

Funny how you haven't noticed.

Wikipedia (yes, I know, but it's an easy read) has a blow-by-blow date of effectiveness of things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protecti...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25 May 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame the pharmaceutical companies. If the entire population was on medication, they'd (pharma companies) would be sittin pretty pretty. There is something wrong with all of us, take this pill and it will make you better.
But we teach our children to say no to drugs...
I really hate when you say something that I agree with.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#26 May 30, 2013
His point is valid. The drug companies agreed to pay billions into obammacare, but it was not at the cost of their profit. They simply raised the price of their drugs to cover it. MEANING the Taxpayer is footing the bill for this...TWICE! Obamma touted the concessions as his tough negotiating skills, when actually the drug companies laughed all the way to the bank. They are not putting a nickel into obammacare, were paying their share and ours too.

He got played and America is paying the price for his stupidity.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. Obamacare, as you call it, has already started and laws that have to be complied with by companies are ongoing right now.
Funny how you haven't noticed.
Wikipedia (yes, I know, but it's an easy read) has a blow-by-blow date of effectiveness of things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protecti...

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 May 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Of my friends who were doing hard drugs at a young age (as in, coke in high school), eveyr one of them said the same thing: "The first drug I ever tried was a pill from my parents' medicine cabinet."
My friends' parents apparently were on valium, lithium, whatever. This was foreign to me.
Mother's Little Helper - written all the way back in 1966. Gonna be 50 years old soon!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#28 May 30, 2013
Yeah, I will admit be the first to admit that it's hard for someone as normal as I to understand mental illness. I do however know that sometimes the dosages need quite a bit of tweaking to reach the desired effects.
But you know what really worries me is what happens to those drugs after they pass through someone's body and into the water table and environment.
I do not believe they all become inert.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#29 May 30, 2013
VAdame wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother's Little Helper - written all the way back in 1966. Gonna be 50 years old soon!
On my way to refill my Xanax that song was running through my head. I know they are talking about Valium, but <shrug> potato/potato...

Neda, stay with me!

#30 May 31, 2013
Thats what I'm talking about, medicate the parent, not the child.

Neda, stay with me!

#31 May 31, 2013
Right, like you're the barometer of "Normal".

loose cannon wrote:
Yeah, I will admit be the first to admit that it's hard for someone as normal as I to understand mental illness. I do however know that sometimes the dosages need quite a bit of tweaking to reach the desired effects.
But you know what really worries me is what happens to those drugs after they pass through someone's body and into the water table and environment.
I do not believe they all become inert.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#32 May 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
Right, like you're the barometer of "Normal".
<quoted text>
And you gained what by saying that?

Neda, stay with me!

#33 May 31, 2013
The joy of giving snark!
She is free to reply in kind.

I guess I should grill you every time you make a disparaging remark about edog? Glass houses and all that.

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
And you gained what by saying that?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#34 May 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
The joy of giving snark!
She is free to reply in kind.
I guess I should grill you every time you make a disparaging remark about edog? Glass houses and all that.
<quoted text>
Thanks for the verification.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,156,310
Dear Abby 12-28 7 min Cass 3
Amy 12-28-14 13 min Cass 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min PEllen 98,885
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,920
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min litesong 49,370
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min rabbee yehoshooah... 71,278
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:22 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:22AM