“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41 Jan 9, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why donít you put on your thinking cap and ask yourself how itís different? Ask yourself,ďTonka, how is oneís medical information possibly different than oneís parent status?Ē
When doing so, please ask yourself why arenít there any federal laws that protection disclosure of oneís parental status, despite there being laws that protect against disclosure of medical history?
Ask yourself why someone might be adverse to striking up a conversation about their medical history with someone they just met, while not being adverse to striking up a conversation about their children?
Is there a difference between discussing your irritable bowl syndrome with someone you just met verses the fact that you a parent? Or are these two things analogous?
That has got to be the most irrelevant comparison possible. Whether or not it is illegal to disclose someone else's personal medical information to a 3rd party without ghat person's consent has zero to do with WHEN and to WHOM that person disclose that information themselves. That's the best you could come up with? You need a new thinking cap.

In both cases the person knows they need to divulge that info at some point. All we're discussing is the timing.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#42 Jan 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
We called them "profs" regardless of the degree obtained unless they had the smaller classes and then we called them instructors or TA's.
Professor is an honorific, not necessarily an academic title. If Aisle Sitter is around, she will recognize the German form of Herr Doctor or Herr Professor for teh perosn stands up front and lectures..
We've heard from quite a few people today with personal ties to education professionals who dispute your claim. As far as TA'S ( teaching assistants), when I was in college, they were just that: assistants. I never had a course that was 100% indtructed by a TA. In all cases, the instructor gave ghe main lecture, multiple times a week, but one day a week, the class broke into smaller groups led by TA's.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#43 Jan 9, 2013
Don't you usually get to "know" somebody a little before you even have the first date? A few phone calls, texts, and email exchanges before you decide if you're even gonna GO on the date?

That is usually when "I have kids" comes in.

Maybe she should put "I'll be dead in six months" on her profile and then she shouldn't have to worry about "springing" anything or "scaring them off?"

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#44 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>We've heard from quite a few people today with personal ties to education professionals who dispute your claim. As far as TA'S ( teaching assistants), when I was in college, they were just that: assistants. I never had a course that was 100% indtructed by a TA. In all cases, the instructor gave ghe main lecture, multiple times a week, but one day a week, the class broke into smaller groups led by TA's.
And for godsake this is the boringest argument ever. Whether we're dealing with a highschool teacher, a community college teacher, or a university teacher teaching freshmans (or fresh girls, rather), it's an older authority figure chasing after teen and/or early twenties girls.

The specifics don't matter. Dude is a creep and is not fit for his position as any kind of "teacher."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#45 Jan 9, 2013
Oh, I agree he's got a creep factor to him. And he's risking his job and so much more. So he's an idiot as well. He must be going for the low-hanging freshman fruit.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#46 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That has got to be the most irrelevant comparison possible. Whether or not it is illegal to disclose someone else's personal medical information to a 3rd party without ghat person's consent has zero to do with WHEN and to WHOM that person disclose that information themselves. That's the best you could come up with?
It's relevant because medical information isn't something people generally want shared with folks they don't know, which is why we have such laws. When you are on a first date with someone, you don't even know if there is going to be a second date. No need to get into something private such as your medical history, IMO.

Children on the other hand are not private matters.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#47 Jan 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
And for godsake this is the boringest argument ever.
By all means, take the lead and bring us back to something more inteesting and tell us all the details of the gay subculture and their nefrious recruitment tactics. I wait with baited breath to hear how they tempted you with the forbidden fruit and how you had the strength to not give in.

Location hidden

#48 Jan 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Don't you usually get to "know" somebody a little before you even have the first date? A few phone calls, texts, and email exchanges before you decide if you're even gonna GO on the date?

Maybe she should put "I'll be dead in six months" on her profile and then she shouldn't have to worry about "springing" anything or "scaring them off?"
Tonka's ideal first date:

Woman at some point in the date briefly mentions she's a mother.

Guy: Ohhhhh, you have kids! Since you are being so open and transparent, i should probably reciprocate in kind (lol), and tell you a few "interesting" things about myself...

I have terrible plantar fasciitis and can't really do too many physical actives on my feet, including most sports and dancing.

That's not too bad, considering I also suffer from erectile dysfunction and must use a penis pump.

On top of that, when my irritable bowl syndrome flairs up, let's just say you don't want to use the bathroom after me.

I'm also clinically depressed and suffer from bipolar disorder. Drugs and alcohol do not seem to help matters much either.

I just wanted to make sure none of this stuff was a deal breaker. My friend tonka told me i had to share all this stuff with you if you opened up about having kids ... he said they are the same thing.

Can you please pass the salt, btw?

Woman: <passes salt> Oh i agree with your friend tonka. He's obviously a very smart man! Sharing one's medical history and the fact that you have kids are almost exactly the same thing!! I sometimes EVEN get the two confused. Can you say awkward?!

Just so you know, I have kids too ... oh silly me i just got confused ... I meant to say I have some medical history id like to share with you too. Tee hee hee!

I suffer from PMS and have terrible hemorrhoids. I also had gastric bypass surgery because I used to be a whale and have a nice scar on my belly to prove it. Then there is my nail fungus!

I am currently suffering from a urinary tract infection too ... So don't plan on getting any action tonight, you little devil. Oh wait you have erectile dysfunction and probably left your pump at home, anyway ... What was I thinking! Tee hee hee!

You know im really glad i met you Bob. This is shaping up to be a really fun night!!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#49 Jan 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Dude. Typical reading comprehension fail. This is not me and the old days when I was dating in the das when phones only made calls. The dude with the kid question was finding dates online and was SPECIFICALLY questioning when to divulge that info as for some it is a deal breaker and he wanted to let the girl get to know him before letting the cat out of the bag. So, no, "i have kids" was not coming up in conversation.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#50 Jan 9, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonka's ideal first date:
Woman at some point in the date briefly mentions she's a mother.
Guy: Ohhhhh, you have kids! Since you are being so open and transparent, i should probably reciprocate in kind (lol), and tell you a few "interesting" things about myself...
I have terrible plantar fasciitis and can't really do too many physical actives on my feet, including most sports and dancing.
That's not too bad, considering I also suffer from erectile dysfunction and must use a penis pump.
On top of that, when my irritable bowl syndrome flairs up, let's just say you don't want to use the bathroom after me.
I'm also clinically depressed and suffer from bipolar disorder. Drugs and alcohol do not seem to help matters much either.
I just wanted to make sure none of this stuff was a deal breaker. My friend tonka told me i had to share all this stuff with you if you opened up about having kids ... he said they are the same thing.
Can you please pass the salt, btw?
Woman: <passes salt> Oh i agree with your friend tonka. He's obviously a very smart man! Sharing one's medical history and the fact that you have kids are almost exactly the same thing!! I sometimes EVEN get the two confused. Can you say awkward?!
Just so you know, I have kids too ... oh silly me i just got confused ... I meant to say I have some medical history id like to share with you too. Tee hee hee!
I suffer from PMS and have terrible hemorrhoids. I also had gastric bypass surgery because I used to be a whale and have a nice scar on my belly to prove it. Then there is my nail fungus!
I am currently suffering from a urinary tract infection too ... So don't plan on getting any action tonight, you little devil. Oh wait you have erectile dysfunction and probably left your pump at home, anyway ... What was I thinking! Tee hee hee!
You know im really glad i met you Bob. This is shaping up to be a really fun night!!
Go ahead and blather on edog style strawmn style. We've already had one woman (red) flat out say that cancer and kids would both be deal breakers wich is exactly the fear displayed by the 2 letter writers about divulging that info before the other person got to know them.

Location hidden

#51 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead and blather on edog style strawmn style. We've already had one woman (red) flat out say that cancer and kids would both be deal breakers wich is exactly the fear displayed by the 2 letter writers about divulging that info before the other person got to know them.
Just cause it might be a deal breaker for some people doesn't mean you have to disclose it on a first date.

If you had ED, which could be a deal breaker for many woman if they learned of this on a first date, are you gonna disclose that on a first date? No you aren't. So that it may or may not be a deal breaker can't be the standard that determines such things.

Nuff said. Score one for Sublime!

Location hidden

#52 Jan 9, 2013
If I had incurable cancer, I'd probably share that on date 2 or 3. I'd also say I completely understand if she didn't want to see me anymore. I don't think that would make me a bad guy.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#53 Jan 9, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cause it might be a deal breaker for some people doesn't mean you have to disclose it on a first date.
I never said you should. I just pointed out your inconsistency with not being ok with someone holding back on the other deal breaker: children. I was asking for you to reconcile that inconsistency. Instead you decided to cite HIIPA regulations and act like a condecending d!<k. So basically, status quo.
Anonymous

Plant City, FL

#54 Jan 9, 2013
1: Sounds like she likes the lifestyle and community perception a wee bit too much. She's an idiot married to an idiot. I care naught about either.

Location hidden

#55 Jan 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you should. I just pointed out your inconsistency with not being ok with someone holding back on the other deal breaker: children. I was asking for you to reconcile that inconsistency. Instead you decided to cite HIIPA regulations and act like a condecending d!<k. So basically, status quo.
You don't even know exactly what I said about the tool who didn't want to share that he had kids. Dude was less than a man IMO.

My primary thought now and I presume then, as a father, is that's a woman who thought my kids were baggage and didn't want to date me ... i dont want to date he. I would never hide the fact that I was a father to attract a woman. I don't care what she looks like, how much i like her personality, or what she brings to the table. I stand by that as a

Location hidden

#56 Jan 9, 2013
That was a phone error. I'm on the app and I accidentally posted when I was editing:

You don't even know exactly what I said about the tool who didn't want to share that he had kids. Dude was less than a man IMO.

My primary thought now and I presume then, as a father, is that's a woman who thought my kids were baggage and didn't want to date me ... is that I don't want to date her either. I would never hide the fact that I was a father to attract a woman. I don't care what she looks like, how much i like her personality, or what she brings to the table. I stand by that as a man and a father.

Location hidden

#57 Jan 9, 2013
Especially by the time when you get to your mid or late 30s ... my thoughts would be if im not good enough for someone because I have kids ... good go find the guy who has no kids ...

There's probably (not necessarily) a reason he has no kids ... there is a good chance he's someone who cant commit, someone who gives up on relationships when i, if I really cared, would, come hell or high water, find away to stick by a woman's side, or someone who no woman would not want to breed with.

So, my thoughts would be good ... go play the odds. See how that turns out for ya.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#58 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dude. Typical reading comprehension fail. This is not me and the old days when I was dating in the das when phones only made calls. The dude with the kid question was finding dates online and was SPECIFICALLY questioning when to divulge that info as for some it is a deal breaker and he wanted to let the girl get to know him before letting the cat out of the bag. So, no, "i have kids" was not coming up in conversation.
"Have kids" should be in your online profile.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#59 Jan 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, take the lead and bring us back to something more inteesting and tell us all the details of the gay subculture and their nefrious recruitment tactics. I wait with baited breath to hear how they tempted you with the forbidden fruit and how you had the strength to not give in.
Don't get mad at me because you're arguing an irrelevant point.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#60 Jan 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get mad at me because you're arguing an irrelevant point.
HAHA! Have you looked in the mirror lately? Go put your tinfoil hat on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,110,464
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 10 min X-TREME BIAS 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Scrutiny 178,169
Ask Amy 9-21-14 14 min Cass 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min OzRitz 46,797
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 22 min Larissa Hernandez 4,719
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,521
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,239
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago