Destination Walgreens

Jul 3, 2013 Full story: Private Label Buyer

Walgreens , based in Deerfield, Ill., is the largest drug retailer in the United States.

Full Story
Diane

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2013
Sounds great, but the stock is still down!!:(
davids

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 5, 2013
Diane wrote:
Sounds great, but the stock is still down!!:(
And it's still in the 40's. Last year being down was considered being in the 30's. Next year down will be low 50's. like it or not, Walgreens is doing all the right things for the shareholders. No matter how bad it is for the employees. I'm not trying to be a jerk but feel we should all stop being naive about the real situation. Walgreens isn't struggling.
wagfrican

Huntley, IL

#3 Jul 5, 2013
you are correct...when will everyone just get it already...payroll hours cut will always be the answer to keeping the profits up...why do you think wag slowly been rolling out new store mgt design..think about, next wave of mgt elimination brings payroll down..then slowly outing the sm's will again bring pay payroll down..eventually then you have desired mgt concept in store--with major difference in payroll than years ago...at that point they will either hope sales go good or they will just sell the company..or eliminate another layer of mgt...go into cvs...nobody working but stock in the 50's---don't you think wags sees this and says geez, we should do that--just look at their stock price!!....'nuff said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min wojar 180,942
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Morse 1,144,191
Julieanne Zenz 24 min Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 48,590
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,796
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 1 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 2 hr servonazis 17
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:24 pm PST