Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign Pedestrian

Jan 23, 2010 Full story: WICD 63

Deputies say 31 year old Amanda Ennis of Champaign was driving east on Kirby Avenue just after 10 when she struck a woman near the intersection of park haven drive.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ACF

Highland Park, IL

#64 Aug 31, 2010
Amanda Ennis was sentenced last week to 8 years in prison and was taking into custody immediately. The sons father petition on Thursday 8/26 for an emergency custody and was turned down. Monday 8/30 was original court date for custody and again this case was continued. The child's mother is in prison the grandfather (60years old) is in care of the child( 6 years old) currently. The grandfather is not capable and the child's father is very willing and ready in every way to take custody why is this case being delayed. The grandfather has no rights to the child, the child should be with his father. Please inform us on how this case is being delayed and why the grandfather has more rights with the child then his own father that has been taking care of him since he was born.
Facts please

Champaign, IL

#65 Jan 14, 2011
ACF I'm sure the grandfather was more than capable...and if you wonder why the father wasn't granted rights on the child maybe you should ask him. Also, he hasn't always been taking care of his son physically, I'm sure he lived with his mother if there were issues about where the son should go....
anonymous

Champaign, IL

#66 Nov 14, 2012
I just wanted to make note that the victim in this case used to be my neighbor. I was doing dishes one day and the victim was walking down the street very intoxicated and passed out in my driveway. I watched her stumble and fall on her face in my driveway and pass out. I had to call the police to come and wake her up and get her out of my driveway. The victim did not have a license and was dropped off many of nights by the police for public intoxication. It was well know among all of the neighborhood that she was an alcoholic. Not that this makes it ok for her to be tragically struck by a vehicle, but the facts are the facts and she could of easily walked right in front of the driver in this case based off of her history. I think that justice was served in this case, but while we are judging the character of the offender, the history of the victim and her public incidences should be noted as well!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Patrick 1,110,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Its OK to be Normal 46,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,180
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 2 hr Mr oH 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,415
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr mahz 49,895
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,732
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Perry Mason 98,243
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••