Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign ...

Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign Pedestrian

There are 63 comments on the WICD story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign Pedestrian. In it, WICD reports that:

Deputies say 31 year old Amanda Ennis of Champaign was driving east on Kirby Avenue just after 10 when she struck a woman near the intersection of park haven drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WICD.

sword

Chicago, IL

#42 Feb 19, 2010
no one is that drunk!
CONSERVATIVE

Dahlonega, GA

#43 Feb 20, 2010
LISA wrote:
The case regarding Susan Costello’s incident, died January 22, 2010 by an under the influence driven (Amanda Ennis) is not being handled appropriately. Susan Costello was walking in a crosswalk and was hit by a driver that was under the influence of both, alcohol and drugs. The driver was released on ONLY a $50,000 bond, she was released the next day after committing this crime. She is currently using a public defender, which us taxpayers have to pay for, why is this? We as the community are supporting/defending an under the influence driver that admitted to being under the influence of alcohol while taking prescription medications with cannibas, when she hit an innocent victim. What type of democracy allows the accused to have any of the satisfactions as this woman is getting. I believe this case will be handled in favor of the defendant as if she were the victim. I hope this email will help us as a community, so this case will be handled fairly as any should in the United States Court System.
As much as I might agree with you. That IS how our system works. You are INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY! I believe we need to incorporate into the system a provision that provides if there are credible witnesses that see you do what you're accused of that a guilty verdict is automatic and the the penalty for that act is rendered. I don't believe the people should have to pay for long, drawn out, expensive cases IF there are credible witnesses present. Prime example is the Brian Nichols case here in Atlanta. This piece of sh-t killed (4) people. It took (4 or 5) years, and millions of dollars just to bring the case to trial. They broke the public defenders budget over this idiot. For a case that was cut and dry. It's cases like this that make a mockery of our system. Lawyers get rich and crimminals eat up resources.
Bill

Champaign, IL

#44 Mar 9, 2010
Actually, she was OVER the legal limit people! "Defendant tested a BAL of 0.127." According to the circuit clerk website!
Kaite

Akron, OH

#45 Mar 15, 2010
Well, well looks as if MISS AMANDA got introuble again!
LISA

Morton Grove, IL

#46 Mar 15, 2010
ISNT IT RIDICULOUS THAT MISS AMANDA IS STILL OUT ON THE STREETS AFTER COMMITTING ANOTHER CRIME..WHAT IS WRONG WITH CHAMPAIGN SHE ALSO IS ABLE TO KEEP CUSTODY OF HER 5 YEAR OLD...HELLO...WHAT IS SHE NOT GOING TO GO TO JAIL UNTIL SHE KILLS HERSELF OR HURTS THE CHILD...AMANDA IS NOT SO INNOCENT IS SHE.....
BOB

Morton Grove, IL

#47 Mar 15, 2010
secret wrote:
i know her and she is not a dirt bag she did very well in school i feel bad for her and the victim i think that many factors wer involved on both sides combined 2 make this happen i do know it was one of the fogyest nights of the year so im sure it was hard for both of them to see witch means they should have both ben on the defence my heart go's to the victims family and it was a horrible thing that happend and i have not herd mutch about what that ladys history is but im sure she was loved by many many lifes are affected here and i think this should make us all think how many times in our lifes we may have done simular things just we wer lucky in nothing happend whats done is done and the only thig that can change things is people lerning from this sad story and being more carefull while walking and driveing amanda is a good person that made a bad mistake and she will have to live with that and i can asure you she probley wishes she could trade places with the lady i hope out of all this bad stuff mabey both side can turn to god for comfort
WAS HER THEFT SHE JUST COMMITTED AN ACCIDENT TOO WAS SHE LOOKING AT HER PHONE AS SHE WAS WALKING OUT THE DOOR WITH MORE DRUGS!!!!
Leave her alone

United States

#48 Mar 15, 2010
She would never hurt her child, why would you ever say anything about that Lisa? I'm sorry I guess I didn't think you knew her. She also has a preexisting medical condition but I'm sure you didn't know all that did you now? Stick to your own lives, because she is not prying in yours.
JJB

Urbana, IL

#49 Mar 16, 2010
bob

Morton Grove, IL

#50 Mar 17, 2010
Well i wouldnt put it past her, she is not so innocent...and she is not sane, she should not have that child she should be in a mental hospital....
Hey Bob

United States

#51 Mar 17, 2010
Keep your thoughts in Chicago!
bob

Morton Grove, IL

#52 Mar 18, 2010
I think Champaign needs to hear r thoughts, obviously none of you guys r right in the head down there....
Hey Bob

United States

#53 Mar 18, 2010
Was it too hard for you to type out the words our and are that you just had to use one letter? Oh wait; you didn't even capitalize your own name.
Bob

Morton Grove, IL

#54 Mar 23, 2010
Hey Bob y dont u stick to the subject, oh i forgot u people down there dont have a brain...u seem to get side tracked very easily...Keep applauding a criminal, maybe she'll kill one of ur relatives while shes out doing drugs....

“Everyone needs a hero.I'm mine”

Since: Dec 07

Gibson City, IL

#57 Jun 7, 2010
Bob wrote:
Hey Bob y dont u stick to the subject, oh i forgot u people down there dont have a brain...u seem to get side tracked very easily...Keep applauding a criminal, maybe she'll kill one of ur relatives while shes out doing drugs....
She went to college in Chicago and her child's father is from Chicago. Seems you floons in Chicago are part of the problem. Maybe'll she hit you in the crosswalk and kill you. No, we couldn't get that lucky.:-)
BOB

Morton Grove, IL

#58 Jun 11, 2010
YEAH we told Amanda to go do drugs and run someone over....Maybe she should have stayed in Chicago...and hey let her hit one of us!!! We wouldnt be so lucky to have her ass put in jail the rest of her life...cant run us all over!!!:)
Huh

United States

#59 Jun 11, 2010
Huh
Laura Beffy

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#60 Jun 12, 2010
This is sad.
None

Champaign, IL

#61 Aug 26, 2010
Same old story

Mattoon, IL

#62 Aug 26, 2010
Everyone makes some interesting points, but you have all over looked one thing. Go back and look at the Circuit Clerks web site and review the past few D.U.I. arrests that involved an innocent pedestrian, bicylist, or motorist losing their life and see how Julia has plead their cases down to nothing, in a few cases, just court supervision. Are you kidding me, as long as they don't recieve any other traffic violations for a period of time it will not even show up on their record with that kind of pleading. That is what you should truly be concerned with. It is sad that someone lost their life, and just as equally sad that someone lacked such judgement that they drove under the influence of alcohol and drugs with no regards to another persons life. All I ask is that you follow this case and monitor what Julia does with it.
Shannon Curtin

United States

#63 Aug 28, 2010
WOW! I don't think I have ever heard such crap! This whole situation make's me very ill. I have known Amanda for 22yrs. Amanda is a very good person that just happened to make a very bad choice. I find it odd that you people wanna sit here and talk like you really know what is going on. The only thing that you people know is what the media is telling you and we all know that the media can get things twisted. When it comes to a case like this everybody just hears what they wanna hear. The media does not care who is hurt,they just want the best rating's and want to sell the most papers. So in closing I would like to say to all of you to keep your mouth shut if you don't have your facts right. I would also like for all of you to understand that Amanda has a 6yr old son that love's her very much and no matter what Amanda is still his mother. There has been two family's that have lost loved one's because of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min TeaRumpster 1,523,683
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 240,422
A Little Ditty 1 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,285
A few ITEMS of interest. 4 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 4 hr EAT PORK 18
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 4 hr AlGoresLyingLockBoX 11

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages