Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign ...

Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign Pedestrian

There are 63 comments on the WICD story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Alleged Drunk Driver Kills Champaign Pedestrian. In it, WICD reports that:

Deputies say 31 year old Amanda Ennis of Champaign was driving east on Kirby Avenue just after 10 when she struck a woman near the intersection of park haven drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WICD.

anonymous

Waterloo, Canada

#22 Jan 29, 2010
She was....I was just giving a for instance. Just because someone is under 21 and had a sip of wine and gets in an accident doesn't mean they were impaired....just that alcohol was in their system.
mea

United States

#23 Jan 29, 2010
amanda also, was not over the .08 limit, just so everyone knows, it just has not been reported yet
secret

Shickshinny, PA

#24 Jan 29, 2010
i know her and she is not a dirt bag she did very well in school i feel bad for her and the victim i think that many factors wer involved on both sides combined 2 make this happen i do know it was one of the fogyest nights of the year so im sure it was hard for both of them to see witch means they should have both ben on the defence my heart go's to the victims family and it was a horrible thing that happend and i have not herd mutch about what that ladys history is but im sure she was loved by many many lifes are affected here and i think this should make us all think how many times in our lifes we may have done simular things just we wer lucky in nothing happend whats done is done and the only thig that can change things is people lerning from this sad story and being more carefull while walking and driveing amanda is a good person that made a bad mistake and she will have to live with that and i can asure you she probley wishes she could trade places with the lady i hope out of all this bad stuff mabey both side can turn to god for comfort
Bob

Urbandale, IA

#25 Feb 1, 2010
She hit someone in a crosswalk. It's her fault. Someone died because of what she did. It shouldn't matter if she was drunk or high or not.

She deserves to be locked up for a very long time.
Anonymous

Champaign, IL

#26 Feb 3, 2010
So Bob, are you telling me accidents don't happen? If that's the case you're not too bright. Accidents happen everyday, innocent people are in the wrong place at the wrong time...that is life.
Anonymous

Champaign, IL

#27 Feb 3, 2010
Bob I forgot to tell you....SHE WAS NOT IN A CROSSWALK!
Sarah

Champaign, IL

#28 Feb 4, 2010
Wheaton, IL - As soon as Amanda decided to drink and drive, as well as do drugs, whatever happened after that would turn in to HER FAULT and NOT an ACCIDENT! Keep trying to defend a drunk/high driver. I just hope you don't lose someone you love to someone who CHOOSES to drink and drive and DO DRUGS!!! She was crossing a street and how do you know if she was in a crosswalk or not? Or really, does it matter?! Pedestrians have the right away! And Wheaton, IL....A LADY WAS KILLED because of Amanda's actions. So sorry that you can't be empathetic about the situation and feel you have to use a useless defense that she wasn't in a crosswalk. And might I ask, how does anyone really know where she was crossing? She died and could not even tell anyone where she was! Oh, did Amanda tell you she was randomly walking across the street? Oh, Ok, well then that must have been what REALLY happened, right?
batista

Chicago, IL

#29 Feb 6, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Wheaton, IL - As soon as Amanda decided to drink and drive, as well as do drugs, whatever happened after that would turn in to HER FAULT and NOT an ACCIDENT! Keep trying to defend a drunk/high driver. I just hope you don't lose someone you love to someone who CHOOSES to drink and drive and DO DRUGS!!! She was crossing a street and how do you know if she was in a crosswalk or not? Or really, does it matter?! Pedestrians have the right away! And Wheaton, IL....A LADY WAS KILLED because of Amanda's actions. So sorry that you can't be empathetic about the situation and feel you have to use a useless defense that she wasn't in a crosswalk. And might I ask, how does anyone really know where she was crossing? She died and could not even tell anyone where she was! Oh, did Amanda tell you she was randomly walking across the street? Oh, Ok, well then that must have been what REALLY happened, right?
I think it's funny all you toe jams sit around talking about it; like it does some good. Sarah get laid for the first time in ten years.
Sarah

Champaign, IL

#30 Feb 8, 2010
OK, Batista - go watch some more wrestling! Or, maybe try and be a productive member of society, because calling people "toe jams" isn't going to get you anywhere. "Batista" you should really get a new hobby, because calling people names just because they don't agree with drinking & doing drugs while driving, is really pathetic. I feel really bad for Amanda, because if these people are her friends that are responding to these posts in defense of her actions, she needs to tell them to stop because they are making her look real class-less!
Anonymous

Champaign, IL

#31 Feb 8, 2010
Sarah-There were many eye witnesses and that's how we know she wasn't in a cross walk. Making her look class-less would involve someone not knowing anything about the situation and trying to speak about it. And Sarah I didn't know you were there at the scene, cause I could have sworn that she was under the legal limit of alochol if I have heard correctly. And are you telling me that you have never drank and then drove? Or have you, and the reason you didn't get in an "accident" was because there were no pedestrians in front of you. It's a bad situation, but no reason to damn someone to hell for this, especially since last time I checked God wasn't from Champaign.
Sarah

Champaign, IL

#32 Feb 9, 2010
"Making her look class-less would involve someone not knowing anything about the situation and trying to speak about it." That doesn't make sense??! I am going off the police reports. If indeed it comes out that she wasn't drunk or on drugs, than I would hope she does not get in trouble and this would be a tragic accident. But, all I am doing is trying to highlight drinking and driving don't mix! And, if "her friends" think calling people names, and saying things like "get laid for the first time in ten years", that is making HER look really bad! You, and they, are the company she keeps and are writing such disguisting things and taking shots at people who don't agree with drinking and driving and keep trying to blame a dead lady! It just doesn't seem right and comes across that you all do not believe rules apply to you. The only defense any of "her friends" have been able to provide is the good ole, " are you telling me that you have never drank and then drove?" defense! Let me tell you something, that defense will not work in a court of law, so you need to get another one! It just makes you sound juvenile and immature just like the other "toe jam", "was as dumb as a box of rocks", "dummy", "go get laid", etc...comments that "her friends" are saying to people that, again, do not agree with drinking and driving and actually have empathy for the victim who was killed and her family.
batista

Chicago, IL

#33 Feb 9, 2010
Sarah wrote:
"Making her look class-less would involve someone not knowing anything about the situation and trying to speak about it." That doesn't make sense??! I am going off the police reports. If indeed it comes out that she wasn't drunk or on drugs, than I would hope she does not get in trouble and this would be a tragic accident. But, all I am doing is trying to highlight drinking and driving don't mix! And, if "her friends" think calling people names, and saying things like "get laid for the first time in ten years", that is making HER look really bad! You, and they, are the company she keeps and are writing such disguisting things and taking shots at people who don't agree with drinking and driving and keep trying to blame a dead lady! It just doesn't seem right and comes across that you all do not believe rules apply to you. The only defense any of "her friends" have been able to provide is the good ole, " are you telling me that you have never drank and then drove?" defense! Let me tell you something, that defense will not work in a court of law, so you need to get another one! It just makes you sound juvenile and immature just like the other "toe jam", "was as dumb as a box of rocks", "dummy", "go get laid", etc...comments that "her friends" are saying to people that, again, do not agree with drinking and driving and actually have empathy for the victim who was killed and her family.
Definitely haven't gotten laid! Reason being, you are a bum lay!;) Go to Hawaii; you'll get laid when you get off the plane!:)
Sarah

Champaign, IL

#34 Feb 9, 2010
Once again, "Batista" showing some class :) If you only knew.....
densel whasington

Chicago, IL

#35 Feb 9, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Once again, "Batista" showing some class :) If you only knew.....
He knows...you a bum lay!
Anonymous

Champaign, IL

#36 Feb 9, 2010
I can assure you Sarah that I know more than you about the case. And I have not called you any names or said anything rude to you; so you cannot refer to me as "Class-less". And as far as a friend goes, I wouldn't call Amanda my friend for I don't even know her...I just know some of the facts that have been presented and if you dig a little deeper you might find some more knowledge about the case.
Anonymous

Champaign, IL

#37 Feb 9, 2010
And are you going off the police reports or the media....cause the media sure does have a way of twisting everything around.
batista

Chicago, IL

#38 Feb 9, 2010
Sarah done left the builden! Boo hoo baby!
Sarah

Champaign, IL

#39 Feb 10, 2010
Don't think there is too much productivity engaging in trash talk with ignorant people. I could go on and on, trust me, but have better things to do. I suggest "batista" get a new hobby because I don't think WWE is going to come knocking on your door anytime soon. Good luck with your future, because by the sound of your posts you don't have much of a good thing going for you right now. Go seek some counseling and hopefully you will learn some manners and grow up...because you are writing and insulting like a child would. And again, you make Amanda look really bad! I think it is time for me to leave the "builden" LOL!
batista

Chicago, IL

#40 Feb 12, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Don't think there is too much productivity engaging in trash talk with ignorant people. I could go on and on, trust me, but have better things to do. I suggest "batista" get a new hobby because I don't think WWE is going to come knocking on your door anytime soon. Good luck with your future, because by the sound of your posts you don't have much of a good thing going for you right now. Go seek some counseling and hopefully you will learn some manners and grow up...because you are writing and insulting like a child would. And again, you make Amanda look really bad! I think it is time for me to leave the "builden" LOL!
See you most definitely liking Michael Buble, Yanni and wearing 'Mom pants!" Word.
Haversham III

Chicago, IL

#41 Feb 12, 2010
Sarah is out looking for someone drunk enough to bang her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,640,919
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Agents of Corruption 64,111
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 54 min Amazing Skulduggery 1
Well, Well Whatdayaknow? 1 hr Colored History 13
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 7 hr Screwed by owner 3
J. Biden, Franken & Weinstein from the same mold. 7 hr VERY Believable-True 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 7 hr SamanthaC 21

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages