pep boys baja sc50
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
brian

Oklahoma City, OK

#41 Jun 15, 2010
my baja sc50 wont start and im pretty sure its the battery considering nothing electrical works? do you think it is a good idea to try a new battery? if so does anyone know the specifics on the battery size or type?
FLOCKALLU

AOL

#42 Jun 15, 2010
forget about the scooter

how about dumb ass gore ----screwing TVs Larry Davids daughter !
she is younger than al's own kids !--

it sounds like a bad cable show plot ,.....
even those Hollywood assholes don't have imaginations like that !---
-- no body could make up such a story !--
--
finally we can kiss BOZO A.K.A. " al gore" good bye !
GLOBAL warming is DOA !
robert twilley

Fort Mill, SC

#43 Jun 16, 2010
i have a used sc50,500miles on it but it wont fire,changed coil and CDI unit and checked for loose wires still no luck,could use any help,and would be interested in the wiring harrness off your parts bike. email me at [email protected]
farts magee

United States

#44 Jun 17, 2010
Wheeling in calif wrote:
I bought 2 scooters from pep boys about 3 months ago. they are great. We drive them all the time. Gets lots of looks. Its easy to trash products made in china. But if an american company made a decent product at a decent price point may-be i would have bought one. Since they dont I am happy with my purchase. Pep boys was very helpful.
why live here then go live in China if you want there crap so bad
demetrius neal

United States

#45 Jul 27, 2010
does anyone have a starter for the sc50 for sale? greensboro n.c area will be helpful
Oldgoat

United States

#46 Aug 2, 2010
check craigslistpokane, there r a few baja sc50's for sale cheap
mike fusaro

United States

#47 Aug 18, 2010
Do you still have it??
baja sc50 wrote:
Parts are a real problem. Only authorized dealer in my area seems to think they are junk and told me that if I got a part from Baja the 15th one may fit. My son's 2006 SC50 was involved in a accident which bent the steering post - triple clamp assembly. Baja motorsports informed me the SC50 is a discontinued model and they did not have this part...neither does anyone else. Son put 1400 miles on it, only other problem was from bad fuel which was corrected by cleaning the carb. If anyone needs parts (except the steering post and body panels) I'll gladly parts this scooter out. In Greensboro, NC area.
Gail

Houston, TX

#48 Oct 19, 2010
SC50nc wrote:
Trying one more thing with the steering stem, if that doesn't work would be will to sell you all the parts you will need to repair the light and speedometer. Baja has a parts list manual (horrible diagrams, but if you pull the pictue off and resize it you should be able to figure out how to replace the parts. Assembly instructions are: SC50 - Sun City 50cc Scooter Assembly Instructions.pdf. Parts manual is: SC50 Qj 50cc Scooter VIN PREFIX (LAWT).pdf you can get these from customer service by e-mail: [email protected] or phone customer service at: Phone 888.863.2252
For the speedometer, check the cable that attaches to the right side of the front wheel to make sure it hasn't snapped.
I need help...and u sound very knowlegable about the baja 50,,,i just bought 2 of em and they will not start...i bought a new battery for em pls help
Gail

Houston, TX

#49 Oct 19, 2010
I need ur help....i just purchased two 50 baja mopeds however they will not start....I bought new batteries for them but to no avail....they only have 27 miles on them....any suggestions or advise?
Frank

Irving, TX

#50 Feb 21, 2011
matt wrote:
I just got a scooter from pep boys called a BAJA SC50 and the 90 day warranty is up and now a few days after the warranty my dash light and mph gage went out can anyone help!! I think rain may have to do with it. I cant go without a mph gage because i've already got a ticket and cant afford another please help.
Sounds like you might have had something happen that disconected the wire to the light bulb, or it could have just burned out. The speedo cable is pretty simple to check out. Remove the speedo cable gear at the front wheel and see if it is ok. Turn the cable and see if the speedometer moves. If the cable is broken get a new one or see if the gears at either end have a problem. How do you get a speeding ticket with a scooter that only does 35 mph? Ha!
billy

Baltimore, MD

#51 Aug 13, 2011
i have a 2006 sc50 it wont keep the battery charged and when i give it gas it wont rev up but it will idle fine
ed hudak

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Aug 22, 2011
need to remove the magnito from my 2008 SC50 can someone tell me how to remove this part and if this is why im getting no spark.

Since: Aug 11

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Aug 22, 2011
how do i remove the magnito from sc50 Baja Motorsports 2008 this is why i have no spark?? is this repairable??
Doug

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Nov 1, 2011
The Baja was running great. Then after a couple weeks it would start once. Trying to start it again and no luck. Now no spark to plug. There is one small red wire along with a larger red wire at the + battery. With the small red wire installed the battery goes dead.

Since: Feb 12

Salem, OR

#55 Feb 6, 2012
baja luver wrote:
<quoted text> i had the same problem by the litle coolent fan by the mufler pipe unscrew the screws and the screw on teh white fan you will find a little black box that has a little round magnet on it check tose conections and make shure that they are good thats one thing you can do after you do that try to start it if it doesnt start the n unscrew the seat and take it out by the gas tank you will find a black box that says cdi onit that is the electronic igniton make shure that those conectons are good if the cdi box is bad it wont start trust me i know more about thes things than pepboys will in there whole buisness time so hope you get it figured out .
Hey I realize this post is old but i'm having problems with my sc50 too. It won't start and doesn't seem to have a spark
Max

Las Vegas, NV

#57 Apr 11, 2012
I bought a 2007 for $280.oo with an iffy motor. It went two days and the motor blew out (connecting rod flew off of the crank). The motor it comes with is a strange one and it is hard to find parts for. I pulled the motor to find out that a standard GY6 engine fits these mounts. I installed an aftermarket Dazon 50cc GY6 (only took about 6 hours due to an incompatible wiring harness, I had to switch that too (really sucked as it had to be stripped down to the frame to run the harness). It was well worth the effort. The frame design is great and you can't beat the anti-lock front brake. Changing the motor also fixed the issue with the double kick hitting the ground on left turns (the GY6 stand is smaller and out of the way). Now I can get parts from any chinese scoot dealership and this is a great bike! I've had cash offers of 800 and up while out riding, just because it is a really good looking scoot. Get rid of the crappy motor it comes with and you've got a winner!
justine alvarez

Riverside, CA

#58 May 10, 2012
baja sc50 wrote:
Parts are a real problem. Only authorized dealer in my area seems to think they are junk and told me that if I got a part from Baja the 15th one may fit. My son's 2006 SC50 was involved in a accident which bent the steering post - triple clamp assembly. Baja motorsports informed me the SC50 is a discontinued model and they did not have this part...neither does anyone else. Son put 1400 miles on it, only other problem was from bad fuel which was corrected by cleaning the carb. If anyone needs parts (except the steering post and body panels) I'll gladly parts this scooter out. In Greensboro, NC area.
i need help finding parts i need a left brake lever
Robert

United States

#59 Sep 3, 2013
I would like to buy your Variator assembly for the Sc50
Kayla

Atlanta, GA

#60 Feb 13, 2014
I have a baja sc 50 for sale

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 5 min Strip club man 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 219,439
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Obama is a joke 1,403,949
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 3 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 3 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 4 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 103,130

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages