pep boys baja sc50
janice

Crystal Springs, FL

#21 Apr 13, 2009
I am trying 2 find a trunck 4 my schooter it's a baja sc 50 I got it a pepboys can u please help me find it call pepboys thay told me 2 go on line to baja I did but I can't find it, it the thing u put on the back to put stuff in it I call it a trunck it my be call something else please me thank u lvery musfh.
Tony

Englewood, CO

#22 Apr 24, 2009
Can anyone tell me how to replace a Baja SC50 throttle cableand how difficult is it?
GBX

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 May 11, 2009
I have a 2006 SC50 as well and just devolved a new problem today, when i accelerate i loose power even thought the throttle is all the way back.. but power suddenly returns and im off. It's more like a lag then anything else. Any ideas?
Scot284

Smyrna, TN

#24 May 18, 2009
If you are looking for Baja parts I am an authorized dealer.. I can get, almost everything for your units.. There is always an exception but for the most part I can.. I don't want to violate any of the posting rules so if you are interested drop me an e-mail at [email protected]
Terri Lee

AOL

#25 May 19, 2009
I have a 2006 Baja SC50, Spent $283.19 engine rebuilt. All worked fine for two days. Would not start again, claim spark plug. Fixed and the next day. No start. Now claim spark plug casing bad.
Told bring it up and they will fix. How is that going to happen if I can't get it started.

Where is the spark plug located? I as a singel parent will fix it myself if I know were to look. Can not get info. Help!!!!
chedsavage24yaho ocom

Mantua, OH

#26 Jun 7, 2009
baja sc50 wrote:
Parts are a real problem. Only authorized dealer in my area seems to think they are junk and told me that if I got a part from Baja the 15th one may fit. My son's 2006 SC50 was involved in a accident which bent the steering post - triple clamp assembly. Baja motorsports informed me the SC50 is a discontinued model and they did not have this part...neither does anyone else. Son put 1400 miles on it, only other problem was from bad fuel which was corrected by cleaning the carb. If anyone needs parts (except the steering post and body panels) I'll gladly parts this scooter out. In Greensboro, NC area.
ill buy the whole scooter,email me?
chedsavage24yaho ocom

Mantua, OH

#27 Jun 7, 2009
ill buy the whole scooter,ive got an sc50 bout 3600 miles would live to have it a long time email me?
cecilia3178

Rosedale, MD

#28 Aug 10, 2009
i bought a new battery scooter has 350 miler try 2 start keeps grinding please help only 350 miler tyvm
cecilia3178

Rosedale, MD

#29 Aug 10, 2009
new battery has 350 miles keeps grindingHELP
kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#30 Aug 14, 2009
matt wrote:
I just got a scooter from pep boys called a BAJA SC50 and the 90 day warranty is up and now a few days after the warranty my dash light and mph gage went out can anyone help!! I think rain may have to do with it. I cant go without a mph gage because i've already got a ticket and cant afford another please help.
whwaat you need to do is under your handle bars you need to take out the four screws onleft the top about 3or4 inches and check the wiring for the wires are clips the can fall out easy just look and mabey you see more that you cant understand i have one to take care of it
kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#31 Aug 14, 2009
janice wrote:
I am trying 2 find a trunck 4 my schooter it's a baja sc 50 I got it a pepboys can u please help me find it call pepboys thay told me 2 go on line to baja I did but I can't find it, it the thing u put on the back to put stuff in it I call it a trunck it my be call something else please me thank u lvery musfh.
go on ebay there is the best place to fins what you need and pepboys will not help you
for it is not there scooter they only sell them if you call baja motorsports you have to create an account and talk to a person don't forget talking to a person you have ato have your vin number ready
kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#32 Aug 14, 2009
GBX wrote:
I have a 2006 SC50 as well and just devolved a new problem today, when i accelerate i loose power even thought the throttle is all the way back.. but power suddenly returns and im off. It's more like a lag then anything else. Any ideas?
had the same problem one new sparkplug check your air filter use one high grade fuel trust me it's worth it and just under your seat in front of your transmission you will look up and see a grey part that has three hoses on it this controls your fuel from the tank to the carburator should you check under or behind the transmission you will find a black hose with a brass plug this hose catches dirty fuel be carefull to pull the plug for the fuel will come out it's ok it's only bad or dirty fuel make sure that you put plug back securly and re hide
kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#33 Aug 14, 2009
Terri Lee wrote:
I have a 2006 Baja SC50, Spent $283.19 engine rebuilt. All worked fine for two days. Would not start again, claim spark plug. Fixed and the next day. No start. Now claim spark plug casing bad.
Told bring it up and they will fix. How is that going to happen if I can't get it started.
Where is the spark plug located? I as a singel parent will fix it myself if I know were to look. Can not get info. Help!!!!
look up above the muffler just to the left you will feel it i'm not sure the size on plug if loose after you tighten then engine head is bad but check the spark plug first also check the ignition mabet the ignition wire came off that completes the circuit
kevin

Silver Spring, MD

#34 Aug 14, 2009
Dungarees wrote:
What kind of answer is "sell it..." and buy something else. First, bring it back to Pep Boys, tell them what's wrong; there's a chance that they'll fix the problem for nothing (they'd prefer to keep a customer than say the warranty is definitive); even if they don't do it free, the problem could be as little as a burned out or loose dash light bulb, and probably a loose wire. You already own the scooter; why waste good money by selling it when the problem is incidental to the scooter's operation? And, Baja scooters aren't junk; they're not top of the line do anything and everything bikes; they were made to be simple affordable transportation, and they do that job well. [email protected]
don't take it pep boys they will not fix it or help you you have atake it a cycle shop and yes pep boys made there money trust me you are not there problem
January

United States

#35 Aug 30, 2009
My Mom purchased the Baja 50cc scooter from Pep Boys last year. Her extended warranty ran out this june.
It will not start AGAIN!!! We have replaced the battery that was bad, replaced the spark plug, drained the old gas, checked all the electrical and it won't turn over. It sputters like it want's to turn over but, will not. The spark plug smells like gas but, I do not see a spark.
Please does anyone have any helpful hints. She has only rode this 59 miles and had nothing but, issues. We have called Pep Boy's frequently to get no answers besides yes, we know they have probelms. Hmmm....Help would be appreciated.
January

United States

#36 Aug 31, 2009
January wrote:
My Mom purchased the Baja 50cc scooter from Pep Boys last year. Her extended warranty ran out this june.
It will not start AGAIN!!! We have replaced the battery that was bad, replaced the spark plug, drained the old gas, checked all the electrical and it won't turn over. It sputters like it want's to turn over but, will not. The spark plug smells like gas but, I do not see a spark.
Please does anyone have any helpful hints. She has only rode this 59 miles and had nothing but, issues. We have called Pep Boy's frequently to get no answers besides yes, we know they have probelms. Hmmm....Help would be appreciated.
We checked the spark with an adapter last night and the spark is good. What could it be?? The coil???
baja luver

Baldwinsville, NY

#37 Oct 29, 2009
January wrote:
i had the same problem by the litle coolent fan by the mufler pipe unscrew the screws and the screw on teh white fan you will find a little black box that has a little round magnet on it check tose conections and make shure that they are good thats one thing you can do after you do that try to start it if it doesnt start the n unscrew the seat and take it out by the gas tank you will find a black box that says cdi onit that is the electronic igniton make shure that those conectons are good if the cdi box is bad it wont start trust me i know more about thes things than pepboys will in there whole buisness time so hope you get it figured out .
Lowell Fritsche

United States

#38 Jan 23, 2010
I have a 2004 SC50 That was wrecked and I am getting it back in shape. We have a MotoFina distributor here in Augusta and I have found them helpful on some parts. The motors and drive are identical. Body parts are another problem. Thought you guys might like to know.
bill

Merritt Island, FL

#39 Feb 14, 2010
what is the proper setting for the screws on the carb. it has a sluggish problem
john

Portland, OR

#40 May 26, 2010
matt wrote:
I just got a scooter from pep boys called a BAJA SC50 and the 90 day warranty is up and now a few days after the warranty my dash light and mph gage went out can anyone help!! I think rain may have to do with it. I cant go without a mph gage because i've already got a ticket and cant afford another please help.
you got a speeding ticket on a scooter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Freedomofexpression 1,583,072
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 21 min They cannot kill ... 11,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,608
Awww Melrose diner closed! 3 hr Ricardo montobomb 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr He comes like a t... 63,947
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 4 hr ClayGirlMDS 5
Please 6 hr Out of Potty Expe... 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages