Jade Dragon sued again over misspelling

A Chicago man with a misspelled "tomorrow" tattoo on his forearm filed a negligence suit Friday in Cook County Circuit Court against Jade Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing, 5331 W. Belmont Ave. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Bene Gesserit”

Since: Oct 07

Lincoln Park

#192 Jul 21, 2008
Sorry Roger.... You a Tiger Now!!!
Boy wonder

Hickory Hills, IL

#193 Jul 21, 2008
marie s wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, your example is grammatically incorrect...like most of the people posting here.
Maybe you should get a job at jade dragon,since you know how to spell so well.
Spinach Acid

United States

#195 Jul 26, 2008
I just came home from a vacation in Washington state and this was even on the news out there. I feel bad that the heat is on the shop owner when its there employees that are stupid. They should make the artist pay the lawsuit.

I personaly wouldnt go there because I am already dedicated to my own local artist, but I dont think this would stop me from getting tatted here. I just wouldnt get anything with words!

“This and That”

Since: Jul 08

Chicago

#196 Jul 26, 2008
I'm not shocked at all. Jade Dragon is a shady place; it's been common knowledge since I was in high school that they allow their new artists to work on underage kids and minorities to perfect their craft. I got a tat there when I was 16, and then another at 18 (both were done terribly). The first time I went in they asked for ID, sent me away when I couldn't provide it, and then had someone follow me out to call me back in to get my work done - I'm guessing that someone was in there that they didn't want to see me being allowed to get worked on. I take full responsibility for being the one to seek them out in the first place, but I wouldn't have sought them out if I didn't already know how they operated... If I had known what I do now, I would have just waited until I was older to go get something done legit - ah well, youthful indiscretion!

But anyway, never heard anything good about JD - it was only a matter of time before someone went after them.
DCT

Waldoboro, ME

#197 Jul 26, 2008
Uneducated tattooists will always blame the client for messing up a tattoo. If he saw it was not correct he should have mentioned something to the client. If you can't spell use a dictionary.
DCT

Waldoboro, ME

#198 Jul 26, 2008
"whiner" and "frivolous lawsuit"?

Sure cause a life long piece of crap on your body is surely cheaper than the thousands of dollars to remove it. How many tramp stamps do you have?
Tattoos are good

Chicago, IL

#199 Jul 26, 2008
Tattoo artist wrote:
Buisnesses need to put more pride in there work.If you go to get a tattoo done from a well know place,you expect the work to be tip top shape.The artist who did the tattoo says "it was spelled wrong when the guy came in".So why would this professional
tattoo artist NOT correct the misspelled word?Anybody putting a tattoo on there body puts trust in these artist/tattoo parlor.I blame Jade dragon for not double-checking tattoos for typos and spelling mistakes.Very unprofessional from the "BEST" tattoo joint in the "CHI-TONW"
This is the most logical explanation i see on this forum!A person can come by my shop with a misspelled word anyday.We will tell him/her "its spelled wrong"....only if this person wants the word spelled wrong,then we will have a sign off and do the work.The tattoo parlor(management & artist)should have corrected the problem for the costumer.
Well said!
Haaaa

Chicago, IL

#200 Jul 26, 2008
LP Trixie wrote:
Sorry Roger.... You a Tiger Now!!!
This is the funniest shit on here.Good 1.
Spinach Acid

United States

#201 Jul 26, 2008
Yeahs wrote:
I'm not shocked at all. Jade Dragon is a shady place; it's been common knowledge since I was in high school that they allow their new artists to work on underage kids and minorities to perfect their craft. I got a tat there when I was 16, and then another at 18 (both were done terribly). The first time I went in they asked for ID, sent me away when I couldn't provide it, and then had someone follow me out to call me back in to get my work done - I'm guessing that someone was in there that they didn't want to see me being allowed to get worked on. I take full responsibility for being the one to seek them out in the first place, but I wouldn't have sought them out if I didn't already know how they operated... If I had known what I do now, I would have just waited until I was older to go get something done legit - ah well, youthful indiscretion!
But anyway, never heard anything good about JD - it was only a matter of time before someone went after them.
I didn't know that they tatted under-agers. They should be shut down if they do. Kids don't have the right mind set at a young age and when making a decision as important as a tattoo on your body for the rest of your life, uhm, well that to me is just as bad as a pedophile touching a child.

Someone should investigate that place and YOU should file a complaint.
tattoo freak

Chicago, IL

#203 Jul 27, 2008
Very unprofessional of the artist and jade dragon. If they were to take pride in their work,they would still be the best.I personally never liked jade dragon because they are over priced,this just goes to show how much they (jade dragon/artist that work there) really care.

“This and That”

Since: Jul 08

Chicago

#204 Jul 28, 2008
Spinach Acid wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should investigate that place and YOU should file a complaint.
I don't think there's any way my complaint would mean anything - I'm 27 years old now and it's pretty far after the fact. I don't think me complaining about something that I chose to do years ago would hold much weight now. Perhaps if I knew anyone underaged now that got something done I'd think differently, but then I'd be a pretty big hypocrite. But yeah, teens don't have the right mindset to be getting something done permanently to their bodies, and that's why we have laws to prevent them from doing so - unfortunately some people break those laws, but it takes two to tango. Like I said, I accept responsibility for my part in it.
Old School Artist

United States

#205 Jul 28, 2008
tattoo freak wrote:
Very unprofessional of the artist and jade dragon. If they were to take pride in their work,they would still be the best.I personally never liked jade dragon because they are over priced,this just goes to show how much they (jade dragon/artist that work there) really care.
Just heard bout this. I been doing tattoos for a long time(about 15 years). This is a sad situation,i have messed up(A crooked line here and there)a couple times in the past,but never a misspelled word.This kind of thing in my opinion is the worse that can happen to a client. The artist is at fault,for not taking his time to get the job done rite. This guy payed $250 for some lettering,not a mural. How can you screw that up? Jade dragon needs to fire his azs! They use to be the best in this city,now their reputation is garbage. The last guy spelled CHI-TOWN wrong?How in the hell does that happen? TOMORROW is a tricky word to some,but CHI-TOWN??!! There is no excuse,these are people putting trust in you (artists) to do the job rite. Fat-Joe R..I.P
SoSo

United States

#207 Jul 30, 2008
Old School Artist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just heard bout this. I been doing tattoos for a long time(about 15 years). This is a sad situation,i have messed up(A crooked line here and there)a couple times in the past,but never a misspelled word.This kind of thing in my opinion is the worse that can happen to a client. The artist is at fault,for not taking his time to get the job done rite. This guy payed $250 for some lettering,not a mural. How can you screw that up? Jade dragon needs to fire his azs! They use to be the best in this city,now their reputation is garbage. The last guy spelled CHI-TOWN wrong?How in the hell does that happen? TOMORROW is a tricky word to some,but CHI-TOWN??!! There is no excuse,these are people putting trust in you (artists) to do the job rite. Fat-Joe R..I.P
It would seem that grabbing a dictionary before permanently marking somebody seems like a reasonable level of customer service to expect.
cheetoes

United States

#208 Jul 31, 2008
I have heard of jade dragon but never went there.I did look up their shop on chicago citysearch, yelp and stuff and can't believe how many bad reviews there are for that place.The customer got what he deserved for not doing any research on the place first.Every review I read was bad, he should have looked it up on the internet first.
hey

Chicago, IL

#209 Sep 1, 2008
Brad wrote:
How good is that bicep ring going to look when your 50 and it's sagging on your arm flap?
amazing.
Mike

Oak Brook, IL

#210 Sep 1, 2008
The artists must be products of the Chicago (just axe ennywun) school system.
LOLatJadeDragon

Wheaton, IL

#211 Sep 10, 2008
Haha, 2 injury lawsuits in a year! Also, for those interested, in the "Chi-Tonw" incident, the plaintiff received only about $5000 (enough for surgery and court/lawyer costs) for damages of the $30,001 he claimed. Wingfield here is claiming the exact amount.
I bet the most amazing thing about this all will be Jade Dragon's insurance premium after this one.
Kilo Kaii

Bartlett, IL

#212 Sep 18, 2008
That's all that the chitonw guy got for a settlement?How sorry I feel for him I hope he got it covered with a nice tattoo from a different tattoo place.

All jade dragon does is BAD tattooes for exceptionally high prices combined with rude service.You can't find one nice real review on the web about this place.Why is it still in business I wonder.

My boss read in a south suburb newspaper that they now have an underage girl filing a sexual harassment suit against them or something.Maybe that one will settle for $5k in damages.
Dan D

United States

#213 Sep 18, 2008
I did get a tattoo from Jade Dragon a few years back. They are very over rated. I paid way to much for something that did not come out that great. Anyway, I can not belive an artist would do something like this to a client. Sad story(s).
ragdollofsin

United States

#214 May 23, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
I guess those words to live by were too hard to take to heart and remember. Thank god there are tattos for imbeciles like this.
Seriously folks unless you are a primitive tribe member there is no reason to get a tattoo. As a matter of fact I am going to go on record here and state that tattoos make women look cheap and men like low life’s. No exceptions. Enjoy your day.
I know this is a way old post but for real? Take your close minded opinion and shove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,110,627
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Karma is a_______ 46,686
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 min texas pete 1,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 178,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min edogxxx 98,231
Amy 9-19 13 min ralph 8
Amy 9-18 54 min pde 33
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••