Jade Dragon sued again over misspelling

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Chicago man with a misspelled "tomorrow" tattoo on his forearm filed a negligence suit Friday in Cook County Circuit Court against Jade Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing, 5331 W. Belmont Ave.
Comments
141 - 160 of 180 Comments Last updated May 23, 2013
tatt_bratt

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

titt for tatt wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI correct spelling is 'forehead'. I have never seen a medical practitioner, lawyer or any other successful business person with a tattoo. Tattoos socially cast you in a certain mold, rightly or wrongly, and are a regrettable choice of decoration. Better stock up on some long sleeves and high collars when seeking employment unless you're going to work in an environment where tatts are the thing.
Then you live a sheltered life - professionals are tattooed every day in our studio. Check this out - http://inkedinc.com/
Big Inker

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

PhiL Koster wrote:
By the way Jade Dragon uses dirty needles and ive heard plenty of horror stories that people contract infection from their quick careless work! I would never even consider going there with a friend to watch something get done!
While it is unlikely they use dirty needles, I can tell you that we do a very big business re-working or covering up tattoos done there and they likely don't attend infection control classes like many of us in Chicago do.
Tye

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

If you get a tattoo most people think you can't spell anyway. So why worry about spelling?
Brad

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

How good is that bicep ring going to look when your 50 and it's sagging on your arm flap?
NORMAL PERSON

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SUING FOR THEIR OWN STUPIDITY!
Ernest T Bass

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Just Saying wrote:
Oh this is that lame spelling bee forum. I'm outta here.
wait 'til that Indian kid passes out before u leave.
Tattoo artist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

Buisnesses need to put more pride in there work.If you go to get a tattoo done from a well know place,you expect the work to be tip top shape.The artist who did the tattoo says "it was spelled wrong when the guy came in".So why would this professional
tattoo artist NOT correct the misspelled word?Anybody putting a tattoo on there body puts trust in these artist/tattoo parlor.I blame Jade dragon for not double-checking tattoos for typos and spelling mistakes.Very unprofessional from the "BEST" tattoo joint in the "CHI-TONW"
Jon

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Wat da crap . i ben doin tattooos fer yers an neber has a prowblm
Crazy biker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

NORMAL PERSON wrote:
PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SUING FOR THEIR OWN STUPIDITY!
How is it the fault of a person who told the artist he wasnt sure if it was spelled right?A legit bussness should be on top of there work.Theres no excuse for a well known place to mess up a tattoo.If it is lettering or a picture of some sort,you're counting on them to do the job rite.
Crazy biker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

^^^^^^ o boy,i better spell buissness rite.You guy's
been hunting down misspellers on tihs forumee.
Robyn H

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

The man deserves what he gets for being so naive in the first place. Besides, everyone knows that Jade Dragon is the worst place in the city now to get a tattoo. They let anyone work there now.
They should get FatJoe and Coco to work back in there to bring their reputation back to the greatness it once was. Until then I'll be getting my ink at Deluxe.
no handle bars

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Tattoo artist wrote:
Buisnesses need to put more pride in there work.If you go to get a tattoo done from a well know place,you expect the work to be tip top shape.The artist who did the tattoo says "it was spelled wrong when the guy came in".So why would this professional
tattoo artist NOT correct the misspelled word?Anybody putting a tattoo on there body puts trust in these artist/tattoo parlor.I blame Jade dragon for not double-checking tattoos for typos and spelling mistakes.Very unprofessional from the "BEST" tattoo joint in the "CHI-TONW"
This is what i expect if im going to get a tattoo done.Like you said,you put youre faith in these tattooer's to do the job rite.VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
OF JADE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!
dennis

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

artist show the customer the work at least 3 times before they tattoo you. If you question the spelling of a word then they will go to a dictionary. If you say looks good they start the work.
Tierra wrote:
Well for one both of them are dumb. Wingfield should have spelled the word right, but Edrington should have noticed that the word was spelled word, why didn't he double check to make sure that it was spelled right? He was being negligant or he dumb and can' spell!!!!
dennis

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

You are shown the art at least 3 times before you get started. If you question a words spelling, then the artist will go to the dictionary, if you say looks good then they get started. take some resposibility for yourself and do not blame the artist. people come in the shop with words in over 40 different languages is the artist to proof those as well? I do not know any artist that speak that many languages or have ability to proof them.
Artist from a different

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

The thing that gets me in this story is that Edrington says "he came in the shop with the word already spelled wrong".So why didn't he fix the problem?Another thing is,if i were to draw a picture of a tattoo i wanted (not being an artist) and came in a tattoo shop,i would expect the artist to fix it up so it looked better(being an artist).Spelled out tattoo should be the same.JADE DRAGON sounds like they don't take pride in doing there work.You put you're trust in these guys to do a good job! No mess ups.
RON SMITH

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

MAYBE THE CUSTOMER SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SPELL AND FOR THAT MATTER READ !!!!
Biker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Judged:

Maybe the artist (who got paid) should have had took more pride in his work that he does daily.Jade dragon sucks!I'll never go there there the worse in CHI-TONW ........
Tattoo artist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Judged:

This is the most logical explanation i see on this forum!A person can come by my shop with a misspelled word anyday.We will tell him/her "its spelled wrong"....only if this person wants the word spelled wrong,then we will have a sign off and do the work.The tattoo parlor(management & artist)should have corrected the problem for the costumer.
marie s

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

i hope that tattoo parlor kept the paperwork. if the client misspelled it, too bad.$30k? ridiculous. can you say "whiner" and "frivolous lawsuit"?
marie s

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

PdY wrote:
I hope they can still squeeze an "s" in there, because the quote he was going for was "Tomorrow's never promised today".
Maybe some more clouds would help...
uh, your example is grammatically incorrect...like most of the people posting here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,082,263
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min LRS 174,934
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min OnlyPatchWork 68,049
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min ritedownthemiddle 45,836
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 2 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 2 hr Dr beckyhills 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000