Jade Dragon sued again over misspelling

Jade Dragon sued again over misspelling

There are 180 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Jade Dragon sued again over misspelling. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Chicago man with a misspelled "tomorrow" tattoo on his forearm filed a negligence suit Friday in Cook County Circuit Court against Jade Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing, 5331 W. Belmont Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tierra

Hobart, IN

#23 Jul 18, 2008
Well for one both of them are dumb. Wingfield should have spelled the word right, but Edrington should have noticed that the word was spelled word, why didn't he double check to make sure that it was spelled right? He was being negligant or he dumb and can' spell!!!!
Ink Boy

Fredericksburg, VA

#25 Jul 18, 2008
Stop puting us tattu peeple downe lik wee are dum or sumthang. Having sum dropout put permament ink intu our flesh with a neadle shows how smart wee ar.
Salsa Shark

United States

#26 Jul 18, 2008
lol wrote:
to the person named ahh...
If you go through all that and still don't catch that it's spelled wrong, you should get the word loser on your forhead.
can i see a picture of the word on your forEhead?
Save it...you're trying to reason with a guy who just quoted Carlos Mencia...
loose cannon

Lombard, IL

#29 Jul 18, 2008
What a stupid phrase.
barb

United States

#30 Jul 18, 2008
I have gotten 2 tat's there and plan on having 3 more done, my daughter has gotten 3 there and plans on 2 more...they do ask u many times if this is what u want.....so I guess this guy wanted tommorrow on his body for life.....
Ink Burner

Lewisburg, PA

#31 Jul 18, 2008
Well if you're stupid enough to get a tatoo, you might as well have it misspelldt.
SOX

Glendale, CA

#33 Jul 19, 2008
Go to Family Tattoo on Belmont just east of Western. Real good dudes that do quality work.
u gotta be kidding

Melrose Park, IL

#34 Jul 19, 2008
this is one story that is self commenting. it just doesn't need more from the peanut gallery.
Billy Bob

Phoenix, AZ

#35 Jul 19, 2008
SOX wrote:
Go to Family Tattoo on Belmont just east of Western. Real good dudes that do quality work.
So, you post like someone wants a tatt.
As for the word how many will notice the misspelling?

When the craze for skin disfigurement
fades the tatts won't. LOL
Miguel

Schaumburg, IL

#36 Jul 19, 2008
everybody is drunk. tatooees and tatooers. sign here at your own risk.
Concerned Viewer

Schaumburg, IL

#37 Jul 19, 2008
Wiccanocte wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, put your head on your desk and take a nap would you please, the adults are talking!!
Sweetie, maybe you are the one who needs a nap since you missed the obvious joke he was making.
SOX

Glendale, CA

#38 Jul 19, 2008
Oh Billy Bob,

There's a reason no one cares about Albuquerque
Concerned Viewer

Schaumburg, IL

#39 Jul 19, 2008
Everyone is saying the customer was dumb....no question there, he is.

But on the other hand, would you want to go to a place where the artists can't seem to spell either?
Concerned Viewer

Schaumburg, IL

#40 Jul 19, 2008
mark wrote:
his a black guy and he did not ax the man a question.
must be a chicago high school dropout or better a graduate.
Woodstock schools don't appear to be much better if we judge them from your post.
Hardliner

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Jul 19, 2008
I guess those words to live by were too hard to take to heart and remember. Thank god there are tattos for imbeciles like this.

Seriously folks unless you are a primitive tribe member there is no reason to get a tattoo. As a matter of fact I am going to go on record here and state that tattoos make women look cheap and men like low life’s. No exceptions. Enjoy your day.
DLCL

United States

#43 Jul 19, 2008
yes, true, but, bring a tattoo artist where spelling comes into play a lot of times, the tattoo artist should have said something from the beginning about the word being spelled wrong. Just so he doesn't have to deal with stuff like this. But, then again, if he has to sign a paper stating that spelling is correct. I watch a lot of court shows, this person is up a creek without a paddle.
PdY

Round Lake, IL

#44 Jul 19, 2008
Hardliner wrote:
As a matter of fact I am going to go on record here and state that tattoos make women look cheap and men like low life’s. No exceptions. Enjoy your day.
Thanks for letting us know, Mr. Hardliner sir. Sure wouldn't want to disappoint you!
Brava

United States

#45 Jul 19, 2008
politwriter wrote:
These are Chicago Public School products and Sox fans, doing business with each other. What do you expect?
I'm sorry, eggspekt.
Not too many Sox fans native to North Belmont Avenue. Sounds like they were cursed by the goat.
Skep Tackle

Chicago, IL

#46 Jul 19, 2008
Yup, Yup wokrs fro me! It's such an attractive look, I don't know why everyone doesn't have one...or ten! Sea yuo tommorow in chi-tonw!
Fed Up

Willowbrook, IL

#47 Jul 19, 2008
How funny, this moron probably did not even know he had tomorrow spelt wrong until someone told him. Give him a band-aid to cover his ink and call it a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Coffee Party 1,581,752
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 17 min ThomasA 23
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 2 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Muslims Did IT 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages