|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So "a young, well-endowed woman in her early 20s wearing a tight tube top" is the equivalent of a speedo? I remember my mom wearing tube tops when I was a kid. I can't say that I see a similarity. If the pic was of some busty chick topless holding her hands over her boobs or wearing a thong and pointing her ass at the camera, then I could see the comparison.
Again, I don't have daughters, so my perspective is different.
I just used a graphic example like the photo. You can't really compare the two bodies much, so it's not easy to make an equivalent comparison.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I just used a graphic example like the photo. You can't really compare the two bodies much, so it's not easy to make an equivalent comparison.
I guess I don't think the photo sounds like something I would consider graphic. Ryan Reynolds popped into my head when I tried to think of male sex symbols. I remember opening Entertaonment Weekly when Green Lantern was coming out and being shocked at how in shape he was. There was a pic of him with no shirt on and he lookwd like a bodybuilder. I never thought it was inappropriate in any way. Just having his shirt off did not strike me as graphic or overtly sexual. That's how I feel about the tube top pic. Unless she was doing something graphic in the pic, just wearing a tube top does not seem any more graphic to me than the Ryan Reynolds pic.

Obviously, I'm in the minority on this.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I don't think the photo sounds like something I would consider graphic. Ryan Reynolds popped into my head when I tried to think of male sex symbols. I remember opening Entertaonment Weekly when Green Lantern was coming out and being shocked at how in shape he was. There was a pic of him with no shirt on and he lookwd like a bodybuilder. I never thought it was inappropriate in any way. Just having his shirt off did not strike me as graphic or overtly sexual. That's how I feel about the tube top pic. Unless she was doing something graphic in the pic, just wearing a tube top does not seem any more graphic to me than the Ryan Reynolds pic.
Obviously, I'm in the minority on this.
Oh, I agree with what you're saying about Ryan Reynolds. But the picture grampa posted was described as "It was of a young, well-endowed woman in her early 20s wearing a tight tube top."

The well-endowed part is what we're bothered by. So I made the comparison of a guy in a speedo with a big hunk o man meat, because that's a sexual thing. To me, your comment about Ryan Reynolds is not sexual in any way -- you were making an honest observation about his physique as far as muscle development and lack of body fat.

Grampa is sexualizing his granddaughter. Not cool.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Not to defend a perv, but just maybe grandpa thinks he is complimenting the girl and in a twisted way telling he thinks she is pretty, especially if she is in an ugly duckling phase.

Did the granddaughter see this or just the grownups?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
Not to defend a perv, but just maybe grandpa thinks he is complimenting the girl and in a twisted way telling he thinks she is pretty, especially if she is in an ugly duckling phase.
I don't think you're right, but I'm willing to admit it's a possibility. It could be less about the boobs and more about the face, and grandpa truly thought, "I bet Janie will look just like this girl when she's 25." And kept it just to prove himself right. "Look! 15 years ago I said Janie would look like her and I was right! How cools is that!?!"

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

PEllen wrote:
This is the way I'm seing it.

Not saying that there's no possibility that he's a perv, but that would not be my first inclination.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're right, but I'm willing to admit it's a possibility. It could be less about the boobs and more about the face, and grandpa truly thought, "I bet Janie will look just like this girl when she's 25." And kept it just to prove himself right. "Look! 15 years ago I said Janie would look like her and I was right! How cools is that!?!"
15 years ago? lw just noticed this pic for the first time. he just put it up. She's 16. He's projecting 5 years out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>15 years ago? lw just noticed this pic for the first time. he just put it up. She's 16. He's projecting 5 years out.
I had already forgotten the ages involved.

Now I'm convinced grandpa's a perv. Faces don't change much from age 16 to 21. This is about the boobs.

Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I had already forgotten the ages involved.
Now I'm convinced grandpa's a perv. Faces don't change much from age 16 to 21. This is about the boobs.
I've been waffling about this all day (my first instinct was "ewwww!" like Sub's) and I was about to get with Team Tonka & Team Pellen, but you just swayed me back. Congrats.
;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been waffling about this all day (my first instinct was "ewwww!" like Sub's) and I was about to get with Team Tonka & Team Pellen, but you just swayed me back. Congrats.
;)
Heh! Thanks! PE and Tonka had me seeing it from a more innocent angle, but the ages nailed it for me. It's about boobies, and that's icky to me. Especially 'cause grampa thinks it's totally acceptable to share his opinion like this.

I wonder what will happen if/when the granddaughter finds out. I'd be creeped out.
Stina

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

LW2: face palm

LW3: 3 holes is salt, though I wish thay all had 4!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min The Debils Mentally ILL 1,072,791
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Mothra 45,546
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min LRS 173,737
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 min andet1987 403
1st to contact have a gift 1 hr posttopics 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 1 hr Amena 70
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 1 hr Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••