Missouri House votes to override veto of gun bill

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Alja

Matawan, NJ

#1 Sep 12, 2013
Missouri House votes to override veto of gun bill
September 11, 2013 | 7:19PM ET
State House voted to override gubernatorial veto of measure to nullify some federal gun control policies

A Missouri state legislature bill attempting to nullify some federal gun control policies moved a step closer to becoming law Wednesday, as the state House voted to override a gubernatorial veto of the measure.

The 109-49 House vote in the met the bare minimum needed for a veto override, but the legislation still must get a two-thirds majority in the state’s Senate for it to become law.

The legislation declares any federal policies that "infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms" shall be invalid in Missouri. It allows state misdemeanor charges to be brought against federal agents who try to enforce those laws, or against anyone who publishes the identity of a gun owner.

read more

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/9/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,206,549
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min GayleWood 51,871
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 21 min PEllen 341
Ask Amy 3-29-15 31 min PEllen 3
Abby 3-29-15 33 min PEllen 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min Ratloder 69,301
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min befuddled AGW sheep 52,292
Amy 3-26 Sat RACE 60
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]