ask amy 4-22

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#42 Apr 22, 2014
pde wrote:
Wow, you're willing to tell this story in public?
It mainly makes me wonder exactly what you have wrong if you couldn't say no. What kind of damage.
I am willing to sacrifice my integrity as an online nobody in order to educate the masses on a subject in which they are determined to be on one side of. As said before, and everyone seems to agree, it takes TWO to tango. We love to bash the man but say nothing of the "other woman," who, in the case I was referring to, was the wife's BEST friend. And the wife allowed him back.

Yet no one seems willing to blame the WOMEN for these transgressions, and only want, no, DESIRE, to blame the man. Jes sayin, women know how weak some men can be and exploit that, but love calling the men scumbags. Hey, remember, it takes two to tango. I ain't lettin a woman off the hook who sleeps with her best friend's husband

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#43 Apr 22, 2014
pde wrote:
<quoted text>If the man-bashing you perceive is what started with PEllen's post, I think the particular subset of men she was referring to are often those who use the fact their wives are often on medical restrictions regarding "normal activities" and use that as an excuse to goIt's not unusual to have those types of restrictions. Usual is 6 weeks post-birth to be cleared to resume such, in my case it was 12 weeks due to some complications. But my husband is a decent man, and didn't use it as an excuse to find some elsewhere.
I don't think we ever made it more than 3 weeks, and it wasn't just my fault, lol.

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#44 Apr 22, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes. Logic and meaningful romantic relationships. Edog's specialty.
Lol
pde

Bothell, WA

#45 Apr 22, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet no one seems willing to blame the WOMEN for these transgressions, and only want, no, DESIRE, to blame the man. Jes sayin, women know how weak some men can be and exploit that, but love calling the men scumbags. Hey, remember, it takes two to tango. I ain't lettin a woman off the hook who sleeps with her best friend's husband
The woman betrayed her friend.

The husband betrayed his wife.

They don't share blame: they both deserve *full* measure of the blame they earned. They are both scumbags but in different ways. Nothing the woman did excuses anything the man did, nothing the man did excuses anything the woman did.
pde

Bothell, WA

#46 Apr 22, 2014
Also, edog ...

You haven't figured out that you were likely set up in the situation you described? It's not something I'd do, but you were probably tested, and you failed hard. You showed your true colors, and they weren't something your girlfriend wanted to put up with. I suspect she was pretty glad to find out you were that weak and immature that quickly and easily though.
Zap Brannigan

United States

#47 Apr 22, 2014
I think you just summed up edog's entire dating history in one sentence.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A person is going to have a very difficult time having any meaningful romantic relationships if that is how they handle conflict.
Kuuipo

Salinas, CA

#49 Apr 22, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to sacrifice my integrity as an online nobody in order to educate the masses on a subject in which they are determined to be on one side of. As said before, and everyone seems to agree, it takes TWO to tango. We love to bash the man but say nothing of the "other woman," who, in the case I was referring to, was the wife's BEST friend. And the wife allowed him back.
Yet no one seems willing to blame the WOMEN for these transgressions, and only want, no, DESIRE, to blame the man. Jes sayin, women know how weak some men can be and exploit that, but love calling the men scumbags. Hey, remember, it takes two to tango. I ain't lettin a woman off the hook who sleeps with her best friend's husband
Clearly you missed my post.

I totally agree that a woman who sleeps with her best friend's husband is a lowlife slime-sucking scumbag.

I don't think anyone on this board would disagree with that, either.

However, today's LW2 was a man fantasizing about trading his wife in for her best friend, a best friend who seemed very disinterested, by his own description. And that is why posters are (rightfully IMHO) calling the man a scumbag.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#50 Apr 22, 2014
pde wrote:
Also, edog ...
You haven't figured out that you were likely set up in the situation you described? It's not something I'd do, but you were probably tested, and you failed hard. You showed your true colors, and they weren't something your girlfriend wanted to put up with. I suspect she was pretty glad to find out you were that weak and immature that quickly and easily though.
Now honestly, this goes to show how stupid you think men are. I was closer to the situation than you so will cut you some slack, but a brief history, these women worked together, this other woman was set on destroying my girlfriend. First, sleep with her man. Then get her fired (which eventually happened). Why? I don't pretend to know the motives of evil women nor care to, but the girl and I continued to date for about a month afterward. Don't remember how it ended but either she found someone else or I did. Point is, women, as well as men, stab each other in the back and try to throw each other under the bus for whatever reason. That was all this was about. It wasn't a test, it wasn't a mutual scheme, it was woman drama, plain and simple. I knew it then, just didn't care. I had two women fighting each other over me. And wasn't emotionally attached to either. What man would complain?

And only God can judge me!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#51 Apr 22, 2014
Kuuipo wrote:
Clearly you missed my post.
I never responded to your post. I didn't have an issue with it. I responded to the posts I DID have issues with. So don't worry, you can cheat on your husband with me and I'll be totally okay with that
;)
Zap Brannigan

United States

#53 Apr 22, 2014
Thanks to the "Judge It" icons, we can all judge you. Does this mean we are all gods?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And only God can judge me!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#54 Apr 22, 2014
Zap Brannigan wrote:
Thanks to the "Judge It" icons, we can all judge you. Does this mean we are all gods?
No, it only means your "judgement" doesn't matter

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#55 Apr 22, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Dudes, I've been around pregnant women before, I know, shocker. Not ALL of them are that way, but some sure are. Just trying to derail the man-bashing train. I seem to have failed
Dudette here.

There are times and circumstances when man bashing is entirely appropriate. This is one of them.

It falls in the same category of a wife playing around when her husband's diabetes or prostate surgery has given him intractable ED.

A 9 month pregnant woman is entitled to be whiny. She is not entitled to claim pregnancy impacts her intellectual functioning though

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#56 Apr 22, 2014
Zap Brannigan wrote:
Thanks to the "Judge It" icons, we can all judge you. Does this mean we are all gods?
<quoted text>
We are merciful gods, or is that mirthiful?
pde

Bothell, WA

#58 Apr 22, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And only God can judge me!
And you believe in deathbed repentance, correct?

Do you yet understand why you're a unmarried 37-year-old?
pde

Bothell, WA

#59 Apr 22, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we ever made it more than 3 weeks, and it wasn't just my fault, lol.
There was a trade-off for a two hour labor and 10 minutes pushing.
Zap Brannigan

United States

#60 Apr 22, 2014
Aw Dog, don't be like that. Ol' Zap didn't mean anything by it. Quit being so sensative.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it only means your "judgement" doesn't matter

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#61 Apr 23, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Dudette here.

There are times and circumstances when man bashing is entirely appropriate. This is one of them.

It falls in the same category of a wife playing around when her husband's diabetes or prostate surgery has given him intractable ED.

A 9 month pregnant woman is entitled to be whiny. She is not entitled to claim pregnancy impacts her intellectual functioning though
I didn't see man bashing here. People weren't saying "all men are pigs", they were addressing *this* particular d-bag, who happens to be a man. Most of the men I know are wonderful partners and very supportive during their wives' pregnancies.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Melrose Park, IL

#62 Apr 23, 2014
pde wrote:
Do you yet understand why you're a unmarried 37-year-old?
Of course I understand. It's because btches be crazy
pde

Bothell, WA

#63 Apr 23, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I understand. It's because btches be crazy
Nah. It's because btches recognize the crazy.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#64 Apr 23, 2014
Oh mirthy me wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Mirthday, to you!
You know, I think we have a new meme in the making.

On days a person is being obnoxious we can wish him or her a very happy un-mirthday.

.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min bob53 1,565,651
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr District 1 242,270
How Adam got Eve. 5 hr The Serpent 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 5 hr Don Screwball 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 6 hr Another Big Lie 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 11,018
Trump will lose Votes after today's speech 8 hr Tr ps No Deal 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages