TSA wants more security measures on p...

TSA wants more security measures on private jets

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 2, 2009, titled TSA wants more security measures on private jets. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - - The federal government wants to slap new security rules on private jets, prompting an outcry from the general aviation industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tim99

Bogotá, Colombia

#1 Mar 2, 2009
Just pass the law and see how many of these business go under?
Taxpayer

West Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Of course this change in the law will affect elected officials traveling on taxpayer's aircraft right?
TRH

Libertyville, IL

#4 Mar 2, 2009
TSA is proposing changes that are not needed, and they are not following the rules to impose these changes as pointed out in the congressmans letter to DHS, the general aviation industry is and will continue to police it's self against any terrorist acts. TSA needs to find better ways to support the aircraft owners and pilots in doing this and these rules do nothing to improve security.

Since: Jan 09

Gurnee, IL

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Come on, people: tell us (and yourselves) that we're not living in a police state. This is really for our own good.

I'm sure the rationalizations for this further erosion of our (LOL) "freedom" will be endless.

It's been a very long time since the stupidity and/or apathy of my fellow slaves surprised me.

"Those who would trade essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Ben Franklin
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#6 Mar 11, 2009
Advocate4Liberty wrote:
Come on, people: tell us (and yourselves) that we're not living in a police state. This is really for our own good.
I'm sure the rationalizations for this further erosion of our (LOL) "freedom" will be endless.
It's been a very long time since the stupidity and/or apathy of my fellow slaves surprised me.
"Those who would trade essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Ben Franklin
This is a police state. When the government will no stop the criminal feral Mexican illegal alien from running around America raping and murdering at will. The Federal government is more interested in taxing and spending than protecting the American public. Deport an illegal and hand cuff a career Washington lobbist and elected official to them for the bus ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,275,136
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 min boundary painter 1,719
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 min boundary painter 1,346
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 54,498
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min boundary painter 6,405
ask amy 8-29-15 27 min boundary painter 2
abby 8-28-15 34 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages