Motorcyclist dies in crash on Kennedy...

Motorcyclist dies in crash on Kennedy exit ramp

There are 65 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Motorcyclist dies in crash on Kennedy exit ramp. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Chicago man died in a motorcycle crash late Saturday on the Racine Avenue exit ramp of the Kennedy Expressway, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Delivery Guy

United States

#29 Sep 24, 2008
Motorcyclists:

Start. Slowing. Down.
Cristina Ramirez

Hanover, MD

#30 Sep 24, 2008
Clifton Clowers wrote:
Pretty safe bet he was disobeying the speed limit. Stop the investigation. Waste no more taxpayer dollars.
I think you're an inconsiderate jerk who needs to RESPECT!! If you knew him, or was a close friend of yours I know you wouldn't appreciate comments such as yours. As far as tax dollars...we waste tax dollars on other unecessary BS. He was a GREAT guy, and will always be remembered as that!

Forever missed but never forgotten. Heaven sends and Heaven takes.

YOU NEED JESUS BROTHA!!!
Fed-up in Chicago

Chicago, IL

#31 Sep 24, 2008
Mil wrote:
<quoted text>
Off Kennedy it's Ogden which goes straight into Racine...about 700 North.
Thank you.
Cristina Ramirez

Hanover, MD

#32 Sep 24, 2008
dropping the F-bomb wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, go grieve for your cousin. It makes no sense to be here trolling to see what people are saying about your cousin. Does it really matter?
Be honest with yourself here for a second. People can say what ever they want here on this board and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. Just get yourself worked up when you should be trying to comfort the family. I didnt know him. They didnt know him. So what does it matter what starangers say about him?
WHAT MATTERS IS THAT HE IS HIS FAMILY, MY FRIEND AND JUST AS YOU SAID PEOPLE CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT AND "THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT"...WELL DAMN SKIPPY WE GONNA SAY WHATEVER THE F*** WE WANT TOO,AND NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!! HE WAS A GREAT GUY, SHOW SOME MUTHA FN RESPECT!!! CHEW ON THAT BTYCH!
dropping the F-bomb

Chicago, IL

#33 Sep 24, 2008
Cristina Ramirez wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT MATTERS IS THAT HE IS HIS FAMILY, MY FRIEND AND JUST AS YOU SAID PEOPLE CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT AND "THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT"...WELL DAMN SKIPPY WE GONNA SAY WHATEVER THE F **** WE WANT TOO,AND NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!! HE WAS A GREAT GUY, SHOW SOME MUTHA FN RESPECT!!! CHEW ON THAT BTYCH!
Read post 18 (another reply from a family member) and get the pole out your a_s_s. Like i said, I didnt know him but I have family members that are with CPD. Nobody really appreciates them.

I think its just ridiculous how many "relatives" of people killed in accidents come on these boards to
b-itch instead of buring thier deceased loved one. Why dont YOU show some class and go comfort the family in thier time of need. Stay off of mommy's computer. But if you have to use it, stick to youre myspace page... this is for grown ups.
Clifton Clowers

Rockford, IL

#34 Sep 25, 2008
Cristina Ramirez wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're an inconsiderate jerk who needs to RESPECT!! If you knew him, or was a close friend of yours I know you wouldn't appreciate comments such as yours. As far as tax dollars...we waste tax dollars on other unecessary BS. He was a GREAT guy, and will always be remembered as that!
Forever missed but never forgotten. Heaven sends and Heaven takes.
YOU NEED JESUS BROTHA!!!
YOU need ALLAH, SISTAH

Since: Sep 08

Chicago, IL

#35 Sep 25, 2008
<quoted text>
Read post 18 (another reply from a family member) and get the pole out your a_s_s. Like i said, I didnt know him but I have family members that are with CPD. Nobody really appreciates them.
I think its just ridiculous how many "relatives" of people killed in accidents come on these boards to
b-itch instead of buring thier deceased loved one. Why dont YOU show some class and go comfort the family in thier time of need. Stay off of mommy's computer. But if you have to use it, stick to youre myspace page... this is for grown ups.
I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you. I was offended by your comment which is why I responded to it. I will say what is on my mind and really don't care what you or anyone thinks. Freedom of speech right? say what you want, and I'll say what I want. And MAYBE me talking about my FRIEND who passed and DEFENDING him is my way of grieving for my loss.
Oh and as far as my age... I'm a grown ass woman, and can afford my own computer thanks smart azz!

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 25, 2008
Clifton Clowers wrote:
<quoted text> YOU need ALLAH, SISTAH
GROW UP
Michelle Del Valle

Dolton, IL

#37 Sep 25, 2008
Edward Massas was my cousin, the fact that he was a cop and out there protecting the people of chicago not only deserves respect but it demands it . When you put on a uniform and do the same then you can say something. And wasting your tax dollars you wouldnt even be saying such a thing if it was ur family. For your information, due to the fact he was a police officer we need to make sure that this was an accident and not that he was run off the road. The other passenger hasnt made a statement that to be released to the public. Why is that? The fact that he was on a special tact force that delt with high crime , not an issue? Due ur research before you make judgements. Everything is not always what it seems.
Michelle Del Valle

Dolton, IL

#38 Sep 25, 2008
the zohan wrote:
Speeding, and such a terrible waste of life. How else do you lose control n a ramp? No one else was involved.
OH yes there was!
dropping the F-bomb

Springfield, IL

#41 Sep 25, 2008
Michelle Del Valle wrote:
Edward Massas was my cousin, the fact that he was a cop and out there protecting the people of chicago not only deserves respect but it demands it . When you put on a uniform and do the same then you can say something. And wasting your tax dollars you wouldnt even be saying such a thing if it was ur family. For your information, due to the fact he was a police officer we need to make sure that this was an accident and not that he was run off the road. The other passenger hasnt made a statement that to be released to the public. Why is that? The fact that he was on a special tact force that delt with high crime , not an issue? Due ur research before you make judgements. Everything is not always what it seems.
A few years ago, I lost a really good friend who was an Officer in a suburb of Chicago. He was sent to Indiana to pick up a POS robbery suspect. On his way back, the car hit some "black ice" and flipped. My buddy was killed, his partner seriously hurt. Because these two Officers did thier job correctly, the POS in the back was securly strapped to his seat.
So, contrary to what "other posters" may think, I'm really sorry about your cousin.

You do understand that if a proper investigation is being conducted, witness statement are not released to the public. If nothing else, I believe CPD will conduct a proper investigation.
ELC

Elmhurst, IL

#42 Sep 25, 2008
Instead of responding to the trolls, simply push the "Report Abuse" nest to their post. The moderators will take care of it.

My condolences to the family and friends of this precious life lost.

Chicago, IL

#43 Sep 25, 2008
ELC wrote:
Instead of responding to the trolls, simply push the "Report Abuse" nest to their post. The moderators will take care of it.
My condolences to the family and friends of this precious life lost.
THANK YOU
Michelle Del Valle

Dolton, IL

#44 Sep 25, 2008
<quoted text>
A few years ago, I lost a really good friend who was an Officer in a suburb of Chicago. He was sent to Indiana to pick up a POS robbery suspect. On his way back, the car hit some "black ice" and flipped. My buddy was killed, his partner seriously hurt. Because these two Officers did thier job correctly, the POS in the back was securly strapped to his seat.
So, contrary to what "other posters" may think, I'm really sorry about your cousin.
You do understand that if a proper investigation is being conducted, witness statement are not released to the public. If nothing else, I believe CPD will conduct a proper investigation.
If it was truly an accident why all the secretly? Witness to what ? him flying off the bike or him being run off the road? I realize this won’t bring him back but my family deserves the truth. We will never stop asking why until we know for certain.
Richard Munoz

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Sep 25, 2008
There is an average of 10-25 accidents a month on that exit ramp. You are still the lowest scum of the earth if you sit here and try and justify your negative comments about a someones death. Its a disgrace to see friends and family members leaving possitive comments and then reading some idiot trying to piss people off over an accident.

“Life is a SPICORAMA”

Springfield, IL

#46 Sep 25, 2008
Michelle Del Valle wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was truly an accident why all the secretly? Witness to what ? him flying off the bike or him being run off the road? I realize this won’t bring him back but my family deserves the truth. We will never stop asking why until we know for certain.
I'm not saying to stop asking questions. I'm just saying that Police wont give out any information about an on-going investigation.

Dont stop asking questions. But, don't get upset when CPD doesn't immediatly give you any answers.

“Life is a SPICORAMA”

Springfield, IL

#47 Sep 25, 2008
Richard Munoz wrote:
There is an average of 10-25 accidents a month on that exit ramp. You are still the lowest scum of the earth if you sit here and try and justify your negative comments about a someones death. Its a disgrace to see friends and family members leaving possitive comments and then reading some idiot trying to piss people off over an accident.
I use to work by Ogden and Madison. I used that ramp everyday. I'm not surprised to hear only 10-25 accidents happen there per month.

When the turn lane gets too long, people drive half a block down to make a u-turn. They always come speeding back towards the ramp. I've seen pedestrians almost run over just trying to walk towards Chicago Av. I've even seen a few left turns from the center lane onto the ramp.
Richard Munoz

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Sep 25, 2008
For all of you inconsiderate assholes leaving these comments you are COWARDS. If you dont know what one is go look in the mirror or look it up. You must feel pretty good about yourself arguing with family members and friends here. The DECENT thing to do would be to say your sorry for the loss of a loved one.
Michelle Del Valle

Dolton, IL

#49 Sep 25, 2008
Richard Munoz wrote:
For all of you inconsiderate assholes leaving these comments you are COWARDS. If you dont know what one is go look in the mirror or look it up. You must feel pretty good about yourself arguing with family members and friends here. The DECENT thing to do would be to say your sorry for the loss of a loved one.
Richie these people will never understand, until god forbid something like this happens to them. Best thing to do here is prey for there soul obviously they don't have one. They are cowards because no way they would say that to the family in the flesh or to the countless police officers that have shown for his wake and funeral.

Chicago, IL

#52 Sep 25, 2008
I have never seen SO many people at a wake in my entire life. It was no surprise to me that Eddie touched so many lives, be it as a friend, coworker, brother, son, or even an acquaintance. He was loved and appreciated by so many people, and having attended his wake made it so EVIDENT!! To see young kids pay their respects to the off duty officer who patroled the school to make it a safer place for them, touched my heart that much more. He wasn't your "typical" cop.(and you all know what I mean by that) He genuinely cared, and loved his job.

I may not have seen, or spoken to him on a regular basis, but when I did see him it was like I had seen him the day prior. He was a great guy with such a free, fun spirit, and lets not fail to mention quite the looker. If you knew him you'd know he was even a dork, but in a cute, fun way.

My heart and prayers go out to EVERYONE who knew him, because this was a HUGE, unexpected loss and I am very saddened by the thought that I will no longer run into him and his big green eyes. As I said he wasn't a close friend, but he touched me somehow because the tears would not stop rolling down my face from the moment I walked in till the moment I walked out and thereafter.

Forever missed, but NEVER forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,395,028
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 min GEORGIA 1,670
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 min GEORGIA 2,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 60,069
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 48 min TRD 70,722
Louis trashes the broad. 1 hr bozo and bubba 11
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 1 hr All about muslims 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 102,465
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 216,687
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages