Motorcyclist dies in crash on Kennedy exit ramp

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Chicago man died in a motorcycle crash late Saturday on the Racine Avenue exit ramp of the Kennedy Expressway, police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike S

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Now hold on a sec, Clifton. Exit ramps are some of the most unsafe parts of the road. Trash/debris, sand/dirt, crumbling road surfaces, etc... Just because someone decides to travel by two wheels doesn't mean he automatically speeds. The story is woefully un-informative as to the road conditions/cause of accident.
Hey, he very well could have been exceeding the posted speed limit, but there is no cause to write him off. Do you EVER speed? Bet ya do. Get off yer high horse for a few minutes.
Clifton Clowers

Machesney Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Mike S wrote:
Now hold on a sec, Clifton. Exit ramps are some of the most unsafe parts of the road. Trash/debris, sand/dirt, crumbling road surfaces, etc... Just because someone decides to travel by two wheels doesn't mean he automatically speeds. The story is woefully un-informative as to the road conditions/cause of accident.
Hey, he very well could have been exceeding the posted speed limit, but there is no cause to write him off. Do you EVER speed? Bet ya do. Get off yer high horse for a few minutes.
No I do not speed!
Richard Munoz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

He was not speeding...he was just inexperienced...he was also a Chicago Police officer and my cousin so show some respect
Scotty RIvas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Officer Edward "Eddie" Massas was not only a Police Officer but one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He will be sorely missed by everyone he came into contact and we are a little worse off by not having this man on the streets and in our lives. He was one hell of a guy and will never be forgotten.
Josh

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Everyone at TRU will miss you
Scotty RIvas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

Hey Common Sense. Thanks for the monday morning Quarterback analysis. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to put on the badge everyday, whereas people like "you" sit around on your high horse and judge others and then try to act all clever. I can damn well guarantee you're not half the man Eddie was. So take your common sense and shove it up your ass.
Sorry 4 Your Loss

Itasca, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

The problem is that many inexperienced motorcyclist tend to start with huge bikes 600cc and up. When they should start at 250cc and learn on the smaller bikes. I also drive a motorcycle in the city streets, and i cannot figure out why would you get anything bigger than 600cc unless you ride in the track. Its very dangerous driving in the city streets.
john j

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

This is a sad story and a darn shame. To those who knew the man my heart goes out to you. We should all take note of how lucky we are to be here today, and realize tomorrow is a promise to no one.
Richard Munoz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

"Common sense"? There isnt much "common sense" in your statement if you you knew the circumstances or the person. So keep those "common sense" comments to yourself a$$&)*le!
Tired Old Sayings

Harwood Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

Richard Munoz wrote:
He was not speeding...he was just inexperienced...he was also a Chicago Police officer and my cousin so show some respect
His occupation as a police office is irrelevant. So is the fact that he was your cousin. Everyone has an occupation and everyone is someone's relative. He is due respect simply because he was a human being. He deserves no further glory than this, which is due to all.
Scotty RIvas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Tired Old Sayings wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a hell of a lot of guts to carry a hose into a burning building, or stand on top of a 60 story building under construction on a rainy, windy day. Frankly, it takes more guts to walk the streets of Chicago WITHOUT a fiream on your hip, than it is to carry one and know you're one of the very few who can defend yourself. Spare us the tired old sayings about the courage it takes to be a police officer.
Tired Old Sayings? How appropriate. Cliches, albeit all to common are more than not true. To work in special investigations, stare down drug dealers and take gang bangers off the street, does in fact take courage. Beyond your "tired" attempt at speaking to to the courage of a man I knew to be honorable, dedicated and courageous, I say to you, You didn't know him, many of us had the honor to know him and he possessed the heart of a lion.
Richard Munoz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Tired Old Sayings wrote:
<quoted text>
His occupation as a police office is irrelevant. So is the fact that he was your cousin. Everyone has an occupation and everyone is someone's relative. He is due respect simply because he was a human being. He deserves no further glory than this, which is due to all.
Irrelevant? Get your head out of your a$$! Your gawdam right he deserves glory and respect for what he is done in his life. Show some respect to his family and freinds or shut your mouth.
cuz

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

dropping the F-bomb wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, go grieve for your cousin. It makes no sense to be here trolling to see what people are saying about your cousin. Does it really matter?
Be honest with yourself here for a second. People can say what ever they want here on this board and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. Just get yourself worked up when you should be trying to comfort the family. I didnt know him. They didnt know him. So what does it matter what starangers say about him?
Your right man. It just sickens me how some people can stoop so low but your right and thank you for the insight man.
Clifton Clowers

Machesney Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Rabid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and George W. Bush is a genius.
Yes, G. W. Bush is a liar and not a genius. I am not a genius and I am also not a LIAR.
Veronica Martinez

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

He was a beautiful person inside and out-- fun, loving, full of life and his son meant the world to him.
- I will remember him always the way he was
Veronica Martinez

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

You sound like a very presumptuous person. There are many reasons for every situation in life. Get that chip off your shoulder and open your eyes. He was also a friend.
Milton Sepulveda

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

When his family called me about the tragic news; all I was saying to myself, this can't be true...this can't be true. This was my best friend and it's hard for me to even realize that I will never here from him again. This is a REAL HARD LOST. Never did imagine this especially to bury him. I don't understand it. I wish he did wear a helmet.
Fed-up in Chicago

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

It's a shame this happened, my condolences to the family, but is there a Racine exit on the Kennedy?
Mil

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

Fed-up in Chicago wrote:
It's a shame this happened, my condolences to the family, but is there a Racine exit on the Kennedy?
Off Kennedy it's Ogden which goes straight into Racine...about 700 North.
Rabid

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

As a former rider I can see how someone could lose control, between the oily roads and the numerous potholes. Yes, maybe too fast for conditions, I do believe EVERYBODY does this, unless you are one of those who drag along and not move with the traffic. Personally I gave up riding, roads and drivers are just too dangerous

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,033,709
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min CDC 47,055
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Poppo 167,532
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Sublime1 96,093
Amy 4-18 46 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••