Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square

Posted in the Chicago Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Klacefield

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 18, 2017
A big thumbs up to ILKB in Lincoln Square! This is my first kick boxing class that I've taken and its a blast! I love all the instructors and the enthusiasm & positivity that they bring to every class. The workout is a killer so get ready to watch sweat fall off your face. It's also a super clean environment !!:D They even supply lady products in the bathroom.. Cant wait until they offer more sessions. The down side is there is only paid parking around the neighborhood & they only offer 6 months and 1 year memberships. But my health is worth every penny
gracew

Beverly Shores, IN

#2 Aug 18, 2017
ILKB Lincoln Square is awesome!! The instructors are so friendly and welcoming and I feel right at home every time I'm there! The facilities are awesome and super clean. I love this place!
Patricia B

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 18, 2017
ILKB is Amazing! Friendly environment awesome staff and very clean! Definitely recommend this place!
Meso

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 19, 2017
I signed up for five classes and got a free pair of boxing gloves (pink or black). The classes are high paced but good for any level. You can go as hard as you want, or take it slower if you are injured. The instructors are awesome and so high energy that they get me motivated to work out hard. After only 2 classes I already feel stronger. Love the staff at ILKB Lincoln Square!
ClayGirlMDS

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 22, 2017
I am a very out of shape, overweight middle aged woman who always avoided group exercise classes due to feeling very self conscious combined with a fear of not being able to keep up and measure up. I first heard about I Love Kickboxing on WGN morning news and then again when they opened in Lincoln Square and handed out flyers at a business I was at in the neighborhood. The minute I walked In i was enthusiastically greeted and it has not stopped since. The energy in this place is great. The staff cheerfully provide motivation to go just a little further and give adaptations to some of the warm up exercises when needed. It's time I invested in myself! I've taken 2 classes in 3 days and can't wait for my next one. Check this place out. They have a great introductory deal.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 25, 2017
I absolutely love this class! The owner is very humble and kind. He seems to care for and trust his crew. The instructors are high-energy, compassionate, and friendly. The classes are well-structured and flow well. The classes begin, and I am sweating buckets from start to finish! I've taken other classes and have never sweat as much. My time is always well-spent. My body both curses and thanks me!:)
Sarah Lanz

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Aug 26, 2017
Great class! High energy and friendly instructors. Very clean. Great full body workout!
Groot

North Garden, VA

#8 Aug 26, 2017
I am groot
MBorges

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2017
This is my 1st time taking kickboxing classes. But, the wonderful ladies here have made me feel so comfortable and motivated. 5 star customer service and a welcoming feel as soon as you walk into the gym. Definitely recommend iLoveKickboxing!!
Rachel

Elmhurst, IL

#10 Aug 30, 2017
Ilovekickboxing in Lincoln square is incredible. If you want an intense, hour long workout, where you will be dripping sweat, toning muscle, and hitting/kicking the bag, this is the place for you. With the music bumping and positivity from all the instructors, you won't want to miss a day. They will know you on a first name basis!
Rachel

Elmhurst, IL

#11 Aug 30, 2017
Must try workout class. Staff is beyond friendly, personable, and high energy! class is fun and music is loud! Great stress reliever, you'll never want to miss a class and look forward to it all day!
MeganS

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 3, 2017
I absolutely love the classes and instructors at ILoveKickboxing Lincoln Square! The classes are intense (in a great way) and the variety of exercises challenge me to keep getting better, stronger, and faster. There's a lot of comraderie with the staff and other members too, and that, coupled with the fast-paced music really make the classes fun. If you want a killer workout and a place where you can transform your life, check out ILoveKickboxing Lincoln Square---Five plus stars!!
amcarson

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 7, 2017
ILKB Lincoln Square is a super fun and intense workout! The staff is super enthusiastic and break things down for you if it is your first time/if you need modifications. It is a great place to reach your fitness goals!
britreads4fun

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 29, 2017
I love, love, LOVE coming in to ILKB for my workout. The instructors are so fun, kind, and knowledgeable. The gym itself is super clean, and in a great location (literally a block away from the Western Brown Line station, so it's great for after work commuting from downtown). The workout is HARD (especially the warm up!) but it is so much fun. I've discovered in my two months working out with this crew that one of the best sounds is a properly placed roundhouse kick to a bag. I also love that they remind us to focus on how we FEEL when you work out regularly, not being shredded or thin or the numbers on the scale.
TL;DR 13/10, come work out here.
Angelica J

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 8, 2017
I can't explain how much I love this place! I have had gym memberships before, but I never go because I either get bored or I get tired of trying to figure what to do next.(Ex: Is it leg day? Should I mix it up? What about technique?) Both of those issues are rectified at ilovekickboxing - Lincoln Square!
First of all, this is BY FAR the most supportive gym that I have ever seen. They greet you by name. They laugh, joke, and push you to go further than you thought you could. And the support that is fostered by the instructors only sets the tone for the support that the other members show. Everyone is just happy to be at this studio, and when you visit you will see why.
Secondly, the workout is never the same. EVER! I have been going about 4-6 days a week for almost a month, and I have yet to have the same workout twice. I love that the workout is "go at your own pace." This means that even though we are all doing the same combos, we are all allowed the freedom to simply done out and get into your own world. The guess work of working out and the fear of monotony are not an issue within these walls.
People are noticing that my body is changing. People have been asking me what I am doing. Kickboxing is what I have been, and plan to continue to do!
MonikH

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 13, 2017
OMG the warmup alone will make you burn at least 200 calories in 15 minutes! The burpees and squat holds... not to mention the awesome and challenging kickboxing combos. I highly recommend this place!
798lissaann

United States

#17 Nov 2, 2017
I just became a member here and am absolutely loving it. Every instructor I met so far has been so great. They're all very personable and hype game is strong! I feel extremely motivated and welcomed as soon as I walk in the door.
The gym and locker room is very clean and locker room is even stocked with any extras you may need(ladies: tampons, body spray, etc.).
After each work out, I feel so pumped and strong and I know without a doubt I'll be seeing results from this. That's what keeps me coming back.
Check this out

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Nov 2, 2017
Klacefield wrote:
A big thumbs up to ILKB in Lincoln Square! This is my first kick boxing class that I've taken and its a blast! I love all the instructors and the enthusiasm & positivity that they bring to every class. The workout is a killer so get ready to watch sweat fall off your face. It's also a super clean environment !!:D They even supply lady products in the bathroom.. Cant wait until they offer more sessions. The down side is there is only paid parking around the neighborhood & they only offer 6 months and 1 year memberships. But my health is worth every penny
http://m.topix.com/forum/city/nashville-tn/T3...
Ashley P

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 5, 2017
My husband and I joined this gym together about 3 weeks ago. I had tried a bunch of other group fitness gyms in Chicago, but never felt comfortable - so I convinced my husband to try this one with me. The intention was just to go together for the first 5 classes we paid for, but after our first class - we were HOOKED! All of the girls who work here are SO EXTREMELY friendly and fun. They make you feel like you really belong. In only 3 weeks I lost about 10 pounds! I go about 3-4 times a week and my husband comes along 3 times per week. We love this gym and are SO GLAD we became members!
Venus909

United States

#20 Nov 15, 2017
This is one of those workouts that leave you feeling strong, confident and challenged. The perfect addition to any work out routine. The location is convenient, staff motivating and welcoming and members friends. So glad I have found and joined ILoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,813,797
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hilowryfartintake 64,890
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Blue Bird_ 12,472
Martial law in Chicago 3 hr nonsense 16
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ren 243,809
RHAM is not RESPONSIBLE for CHICAGO CRIME 5 hr ChicagoAreaTalk 8
Operation Trailer Trap 6 hr Earl 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages