|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's their choice. Do you think the women who do that are going to accuse their partners of rape?
??? We are discussing fraudulent accusations of rape. Why would an S&M participant be excluded from the possibility of lying?

A willing participant in vanilla sex has no reason to falsely accuse a man of rape unless there is some ulterior motive. The same holds true for someone engaged in consensual bondage play.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's their choice. Do you think the women who do that are going to accuse their partners of rape?
Then there's the issue of you on the jury believing the man's story that it was vonsensual bondage play vs her story thst there was no such bondage play and that she was raped. You have no idea who's lying.

Since: May 13

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Then there's the issue of you on the jury believing the man's story that it was vonsensual bondage play vs her story thst there was no such bondage play and that she was raped. You have no idea who's lying.
The one time that I served on a jury was for a civil case between an electronics company and a real estate company. The witnesses' stories were completely contradictory and you knew that people were lying. Someone needs to invent infallible lie detectors.

That is why I feel as though there should be some evidence to back up the accusation - physical evidence or witnesses' reports of screaming - something. Rape cases are hard to prove in court. That is why many women do not report rapes. I did a net search for the article I read about women in the military being raped. The first article that came up was a real shocker in terms of statistics. I'd post a link, but I don't think that's allowed.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I firmly disagree with your assertion that a rape cannot occur without violence. I think it happens all too often. If a person capitulates out of fear, it is a rape. I dont care whether there were screams of torture or feigned Ecstasy, i dont care if there were bruises internally or externally. Consent under duress is not consent.
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
The one time that I served on a jury was for a civil case between an electronics company and a real estate company. The witnesses' stories were completely contradictory and you knew that people were lying. Someone needs to invent infallible lie detectors.
That is why I feel as though there should be some evidence to back up the accusation - physical evidence or witnesses' reports of screaming - something. Rape cases are hard to prove in court. That is why many women do not report rapes. I did a net search for the article I read about women in the military being raped. The first article that came up was a real shocker in terms of statistics. I'd post a link, but I don't think that's allowed.

Since: May 13

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

RACE wrote:
I firmly disagree with your assertion that a rape cannot occur without violence. I think it happens all too often. If a person capitulates out of fear, it is a rape. I dont care whether there were screams of torture or feigned Ecstasy, i dont care if there were bruises internally or externally. Consent under duress is not consent.
<quoted text>
To clarify yet again, what I said was that rape is a crime of violence, not a crime of sex. Men who commit rape are intent on creating fear in their victims. I also asserted that I would expect to see evidence of force. For those who think that it is possible for a man to force himself on a woman and not leave a mark, I respectfully disagree.

I do agree with you that consent under duress is not consent. In one of my earlier posts, I stated that if a woman at any point said, "NO, STOP" that a man should stop. I also agree with you that capitulating out of fear is not consent. But rape is a violent act regardless of how the woman chooses to react to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 105 of105
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••