Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#41 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone damages your property, they must replace it. If your friends invite people over and those people damage your property, someone must make you whole.
I am very rarely supportive of our tort system, but the actions of these girls was egregiously irresponsible.
I truly understand your anger; however, a text doesn't damage property. You would have to prove those girls did the actual damage.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#42 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
but someone hooking up with an engaged woman knows that he is dealing with someone who is lacking morals to begin with.
So? It's his own fault he was erroneously charged with r@pe because some trampy wh0 re didn't want to take responsibility for her own actions?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#43 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
How about people put more thought into their actions and try to live responsible, ethical lives to begin with instead of complaining about how they have to clean up the mess when it blows up in their faces?
Yeah, such a shame we all don't hold hands in a giant circle and dance and sing kumbaya. I'm with itser. It sounds suspiciously like you're blaming the victim for what happens to them. Is it just male victims? Or do you think women who get r@ped shouldn't have worn the mini skirt to the bar? I'm not trying to jump on you but this seems a little out of character for you. Your extreme leftist liberal is showing.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#44 Jun 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>So? It's his own fault he was erroneously charged with r@pe because some trampy wh0 re didn't want to take responsibility for her own actions?
Pretty sure that he didn't deserve to be accused of rape

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#45 Jun 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, such a shame we all don't hold hands in a giant circle and dance and sing kumbaya. I'm with itser. It sounds suspiciously like you're blaming the victim for what happens to them. Is it just male victims? Or do you think women who get r@ped shouldn't have worn the mini skirt to the bar? I'm not trying to jump on you but this seems a little out of character for you. Your extreme leftist liberal is showing.
I didn't go off on this thread about what I think should be done to women who falsely accuse people of rape (I think they are scum and deserve to be locked up).

I think that people - all people - should take more responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

No one deserves to be raped, ever. Ot doesn't matter what you are wearing. I have a little less sympathy for the people who become so drunk or wasted that they cannot think or speak clearly, but they blame everyone else for the situation that they find themselves in.

I sometimes find it hard to constantly sympathize with LWs who have children with someone who they knew was immature, self centered or abusive and then they wonder why that person is such a bad parent. What did they think would happen when they had sex?

Yes, bad things can happen to good people. Still, more people need to be held accountable for their decisions.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#46 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone damages your property, they must replace it. If your friends invite people over and those people damage your property, someone must make you whole.
I am very rarely supportive of our tort system, but the actions of these girls was egregiously irresponsible.
What? Are you nuts? Egregiously irresponsible? And exactly what is the accountability of the girl who actually lives there? So some girls tell a bunch of people there's a party at your house when there really isn't. People start showing up at the door. You just let them in and have no accountability? "Oh well, I didn't invite them" ? Hell no those girls are not responsibility for other people destroying he place.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#47 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't go off on this thread about what I think should be done to women who falsely accuse people of rape (I think they are scum and deserve to be locked up).
I think that people - all people - should take more responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
No one deserves to be raped, ever. Ot doesn't matter what you are wearing. I have a little less sympathy for the people who become so drunk or wasted that they cannot think or speak clearly, but they blame everyone else for the situation that they find themselves in.
I sometimes find it hard to constantly sympathize with LWs who have children with someone who they knew was immature, self centered or abusive and then they wonder why that person is such a bad parent. What did they think would happen when they had sex?
Yes, bad things can happen to good people. Still, more people need to be held accountable for their decisions.
So just to play devil's advocate, since people need to be held accountable or their bad decisions, and you are citing a man having sex with someone of obviously loose morals, pretty much saying "he was asking for it", then why not hold the woman wearing the skimpy outfit out to the club accountable for getting raped?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#48 Jun 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So just to play devil's advocate, since people need to be held accountable or their bad decisions, and you are citing a man having sex with someone of obviously loose morals, pretty much saying "he was asking for it", then why not hold the woman wearing the skimpy outfit out to the club accountable for getting raped?
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was trying to get at.

Scarlet, you're prancing around the issue. Yes, people should be responsible for their actions. And birds go tweet. If your stance is: "if people are gonna be irresponsible, then they deserve whatever happens to them," just admit it and own it.

What I'm hearing from you is: "That's KINDA what I'm saying, but not REALLY what I mean...." It's clear you're hanging around too many politicians. What do you REALLY mean?

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#49 Jun 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So just to play devil's advocate, since people need to be held accountable or their bad decisions, and you are citing a man having sex with someone of obviously loose morals, pretty much saying "he was asking for it", then why not hold the woman wearing the skimpy outfit out to the club accountable for getting raped?
I am not equating a man sticking his d!ck into a woman to what a woman chooses to wear to a bar. That's apples and oranges.

People need to be selective of who they have sex with and even who they get drunk alone with. If you are going to have indiscriminate sex with someone who already has shown that morals and respect mean nothing to them, don't be surprised when they turn on you.

Again, I feel just as strongly that women who get so drunk that they cannot clearly remember what happened or cannot give consent and still hang out alone with a man who they are just getting to know (or don't know at all) are irresponsible.

No one deserved to be raped and rapists should all be prosecuted (I guess I have to keep saying that), but people need to do their best not to put themselves into stupid/dangerous situations

Since: May 13

Monterey, CA

#50 Jun 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> So just to play devil's advocate, since people need to be held accountable or their bad decisions, and you are citing a man having sex with someone of obviously loose morals, pretty much saying "he was asking for it", then why not hold the woman wearing the skimpy outfit out to the club accountable for getting raped?
Rape is a crime of violence and has nothing to do with women wearing skimpy outfits. Normal men do not rape women regardless of whether they are wearing a nun's habit or a miniskirt.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#51 Jun 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, that's pretty much what I was trying to get at.

Scarlet, you're prancing around the issue. Yes, people should be responsible for their actions. And birds go tweet. If your stance is: "if people are gonna be irresponsible, then they deserve whatever happens to them," just admit it and own it.

What I'm hearing from you is: "That's KINDA what I'm saying, but not REALLY what I mean...." It's clear you're hanging around too many politicians. What do you REALLY mean?
If you are walking in the middle of the street and a car hits you, the driver is at fault because pedestrians always have the right of way. However, you wouldn't have gotten hit if you didn't walk down the middle of the street.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#52 Jun 11, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is a crime of violence and has nothing to do with women wearing skimpy outfits. Normal men do not rape women regardless of whether they are wearing a nun's habit or a miniskirt.
And your response to the other side of the equation that I presented? Are you also in the camp that if a man gets falsely accused of rape, then its his fault for choosing to have sex with someone of such loose morals? I could say the same thing about date rape. Its the chick's fault for agreeing to a date with someone of such low morals. She should have anticipated he would rape her just like the man should be able to directly connect the dots from "easy and ready" to "will likely say I raped her".

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#53 Jun 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>And your response to the other side of the equation that I presented? Are you also in the camp that if a man gets falsely accused of rape, then its his fault for choosing to have sex with someone of such loose morals? I could say the same thing about date rape. Its the chick's fault for agreeing to a date with someone of such low morals. She should have anticipated he would rape her just like the man should be able to directly connect the dots from "easy and ready" to "will likely say I raped her".
Do you not see a difference between words and physical violence/penetration?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#54 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
If you are walking in the middle of the street and a car hits you, the driver is at fault because pedestrians always have the right of way. However, you wouldn't have gotten hit if you didn't walk down the middle of the street.
So if I'm reading through all the bullsht correctly, women who get drunk and wear skimpy clothing deserve whatever happens to them, and men who make out with loose women deserve a r@pe accusation. Got it.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#55 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Yes.
Your point? I fail to see what your question has to do with Tonka's response. Do you not see a difference between a bucket of water and a pot of sand?

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#56 Jun 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>So if I'm reading through all the bullsht correctly, women who get drunk and wear skimpy clothing deserve whatever happens to them, and men who make out with loose women deserve a r@pe accusation. Got it.
Honey, reading comprehension is not your strong point.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#57 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Honey, reading comprehension is not your strong point.
So everyone says.

Now, instead of repeating what we all know, how about explaining your standpoint?

Preferably WITHOUT the political double-talk.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#58 Jun 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not see the difference between "words" and "words that can get an innocent victim brnded as a sex offender, incarcerated, and pretty much ruin his life"? I fully recognize the vile act that is rape, but you seem to think a false rape accusation are no big thing. Just words.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#59 Jun 11, 2013
If I were king, a proven fraudulent rape accusation would incur as great a penalty as is handed down in a rape conviction.

Since: May 13

Monterey, CA

#60 Jun 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> And your response to the other side of the equation that I presented? Are you also in the camp that if a man gets falsely accused of rape, then its his fault for choosing to have sex with someone of such loose morals? I could say the same thing about date rape. Its the chick's fault for agreeing to a date with someone of such low morals. She should have anticipated he would rape her just like the man should be able to directly connect the dots from "easy and ready" to "will likely say I raped her".
If a man is truly falsely accused of rape, then there will not be enough evidence to convict him of rape. So then it's he-said, she-said. And why is that the woman has "loose morals" but the man doesn't? Why is the woman considered "easy and ready" but not the man? Here's my opinion: It is rarely a good idea to have sex with someone that you don't know very well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 2 min Weneedchange 154
Word (Dec '08) 3 min _Zoey_ 4,716
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,110,412
Amy 9-18 4 min PEllen 26
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min loose cannon 178,056
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min gcaveman1 46,672
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min texas pete 4,712
Amy 9-16 6 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••