Jose Galaviz shot and killed in Humbolt Park June 20th 2009

Posted in the Chicago Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2009
Yesenia Galaviz

River Forest, IL

#2 Jun 23, 2009
To those of you who knew my brother knew as well as I did that he had a heart of gols. I was htere when they shot my brother and I pretty much watched him prctically die. Even with his last words he wasn't selfish and told me to hang in there that he would be alright and htat he loved me. My brother was not affiliated with gangs. And I deeply feel sorry for those of you who feel that you need to judge him... and beofre you even think about judging him take a long good hard look in the mirror. Because I can honstly say I hope no one will ever go through the pain my family and espicially I am going through, so go and hug your siblings and establish a meaningful relationship with them regardless of the pity arguements you may go through because a siblings love and advice is one in a million.. so appreciate who you have in your life and make no mistake that if something happens to them and you're there.. those are scars that will never be erased from you mind. May my brother Jose's soul rest in eternal piece. My family as well asI appreciate averyone's condolences.
Christy

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 23, 2009
Love you Jessie. You and you're family are in my prayers ~Christy
Yesenia Galaviz wrote:
To those of you who knew my brother knew as well as I did that he had a heart of gols. I was htere when they shot my brother and I pretty much watched him prctically die. Even with his last words he wasn't selfish and told me to hang in there that he would be alright and htat he loved me. My brother was not affiliated with gangs. And I deeply feel sorry for those of you who feel that you need to judge him... and beofre you even think about judging him take a long good hard look in the mirror. Because I can honstly say I hope no one will ever go through the pain my family and espicially I am going through, so go and hug your siblings and establish a meaningful relationship with them regardless of the pity arguements you may go through because a siblings love and advice is one in a million.. so appreciate who you have in your life and make no mistake that if something happens to them and you're there.. those are scars that will never be erased from you mind. May my brother Jose's soul rest in eternal piece. My family as well asI appreciate averyone's condolences.
Trisha

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 24, 2009
Yesenia Galaviz wrote:
To those of you who knew my brother knew as well as I did that he had a heart of gols. I was htere when they shot my brother and I pretty much watched him prctically die. Even with his last words he wasn't selfish and told me to hang in there that he would be alright and htat he loved me. My brother was not affiliated with gangs. And I deeply feel sorry for those of you who feel that you need to judge him... and beofre you even think about judging him take a long good hard look in the mirror. Because I can honstly say I hope no one will ever go through the pain my family and espicially I am going through, so go and hug your siblings and establish a meaningful relationship with them regardless of the pity arguements you may go through because a siblings love and advice is one in a million.. so appreciate who you have in your life and make no mistake that if something happens to them and you're there.. those are scars that will never be erased from you mind. May my brother Jose's soul rest in eternal piece. My family as well asI appreciate averyone's condolences.


Perfect, you said it all girl. God bless your whole family.
jayesanti

San Diego, CA

#5 Jun 24, 2009
sorry babygirl.....rip jose
Maria Saucedo

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 24, 2009
Jose Galavis is my cousin and NO HE WAS NOT A GANG BANGER!! So i would really appricate people saying that or asuming that he was one TO STOP!! I hope its Clear Then water what his sister Yesenia wrote also my cousin... jose Galvis rest in peace! You will always be in mt heart I have very great thoughts of you. I will miss you this summer you wont be stopping by the house when we have cook outs!! Me and my family will miss you!
Luis Barrera

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 25, 2009
Hang in there Yesi, I'm sorry for your loss. You know we're here for you any time of day. R.I.P.
omar guajardo guereca

Peotone, IL

#8 Jun 26, 2009
it was really painful and i really think that each family that goes through a sad time may feel and may remember all the memories and all those memories is what you will live from of not forgetting all the good times you had with that person who died.

sincerely omar guajardo

jose galaviz guereca R.I.P



gisselle galaviz

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 26, 2009
Jose was a good person he was not in a gang.He was good brother and a great boyfriend.His friends wil miss him alot and his sisters will miss him too. His dog will miss him too.
Carmen

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2009
how dare you ROSA to talk bad about my nephew!!! his in heaven resting in peace. all of you who have something bad to say about him is because you are jealous of him, he was a great guy making alot of people happy. we his are in alot of pain, so please respect the fact that we lost a very special family member. so keep your stupid coments to youre self. R.I.P. JOSE GALAVIZ
gisselle galaviz

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 27, 2009
Jose will truly be miss because he was a good person to everybody even dogs .But the preson that will miss him more is me his sister.The Galaviz family will truly miss him.
Joey

Lake Bluff, IL

#13 Jun 27, 2009
i heard there was alotta witnesses there at the time of the shooting i can't understand how they havent found the shooter the family should demand more from police i believe they have some suspects... sometthang aint right!
sorry

Aurora, IL

#14 Jun 27, 2009
My condolences go out to all the family and loved ones, but Yesenia honey, please learn how to spell and check your grammar. It's such a shame that Hispanics are a targeted statistic, and then to have you not even know how to spell, that's sad too, it hurt my eyes. And why are you even on the computer, go be by your mother's side, who cares what anybody has to say about yuor brother, you and everybody close to him know the type of person he really was, everybody else's judgement can go to hell.
JOSIE

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 30, 2009
Rosa wrote:
Buh-bye thug!!! Your gang-banging days are over! Rot in hell!!
I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL BITCH KEEP YOUR BAD COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF YOU DID NOT KNOW HIM.
you alright

Mount Prospect, IL

#16 Jun 30, 2009
Joey wrote:
i heard there was alotta witnesses there at the time of the shooting i can't understand how they havent found the shooter the family should demand more from police i believe they have some suspects... sometthang aint right!
it was prolly you!
Maria Saucedo IL

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 30, 2009
OMG!!! For havens sack!! I canít believe that theirs actually ignorant people that have access to a PC to write stupid crap on!! Who the fuck cares on how we type up stuff you freaking understood it BITCH!
TWO why the hell are you reading stuff thatís doesnít concern you donít damage your eye even more get off the PC!! On top of that you have an opinion to it!! Please have more respect for our family! You wouldnít want to be put in the situation that weíre all in PAIN!! I guess you wont know till it happened to you then youíll think back and remember the stupid stuff you wrote on here!!! Please have more respect for his soul may he rest in peace!!!(((((Jose Galavis)))))
Maria Saucedo IL

Chicago, IL

#19 Jun 30, 2009
Rosa wrote:
Buh-bye thug!!! Your gang-banging days are over! Rot in hell!!
Keep you comments to your self!!! Dont let Karma bite you back!
Sgt Friday

Midlothian, IL

#20 Jun 30, 2009
another gangbanging punk laid to rot ....run with the devils and they will bite you, by the way ....was he legal? to bad a cop didn't get the honor to drop you as you fled a drive by.....no matter now we can lock up another gangster wannabe sissy. just grease your butt hole before prison cause they making a punk out of you boy!
Carmen

Washington, DC

#21 Jun 30, 2009
Sgt Friday wrote:
another gangbanging punk laid to rot ....run with the devils and they will bite you, by the way ....was he legal? to bad a cop didn't get the honor to drop you as you fled a drive by.....no matter now we can lock up another gangster wannabe sissy. just grease your butt hole before prison cause they making a punk out of you boy!
What the hell are you talking about? it makes no sense what so ever what you wrote! please to everybody our family is suffering a lost of a very special member, so please have some respect to our painful time we are going through. Jose galaviz we all are praying for youre soul, everybody has the right to talk, but no one has the power to judge you but God. we love love & miss you very much!
amarily

Chicago, IL

#22 Jun 30, 2009
my condolences go out to u yesenia and your family girl i know the pain that u and your family are going through cause im going thru the same thing i lost my sister 2 months ago on april 27 09 just hang in there and have faith that we will see our loved ones again may your brothers soul rest in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Scrutiny 183,893
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,173,844
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 50,451
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr squirrel 1,344
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Mister Tonka 98,990
How to stop ants. 8 hr joey 4
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 9 hr Silk 1,754
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots