1- you sound like a horrible and extremely judgmental person
Dog, you *nailed* it. Well done.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#22 May 13, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>while that is certainly possible, it would surprise me that a man, not being awarded custody, would get to keep a marital house while the wife and kids move out. With that in mind, more likely scenarios (to me at least)
-they were renting a house and both moved out
-they owned a house and would agreed to sell and split the proceeds as it would be financially not feasible to keep up with the payments noe that they would be paying for 2 seperate residences
The fact that his living arrangement is not mentioned in the letter does not seem odd to me. Its the wife's mother. She does not care what his living arrangement os and its not pertinent to her problem.
Anything is possible, including perhaps the "marital home" was his before they married and then when divorced she no longer wanted to live in that town. To fight for the house would be a prolonged battle you may not really be interested in and is not good for the kids. You don't want to ruin your kids for a few bucks. Perhaps she was glad to leave it with her sanity. Lived this, only I had owned another place previous to marriage that I had rented out so I had more options. And I did have custody.

Or the reverse and she couldn't keep up payments by herself so was "forced" to rent an apartment. Like that's a bad thing. Plenty of people live in an apartment. I don't know why the LW made it sounds like "the horrors of living in an apartment!". There are worse things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Libtardimus Maximus 1,643,527
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SelfRefutingClima... 64,150
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Maverick 808 105,332
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 3 hr Plagiarizing Joe ... 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr loose cannon 243,008
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 11,540
Oregon the "33rd" state founded by Freemasons.. 11 hr Jesse Rishel 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages