BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 187972 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199875 Sep 6, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You son's parable was rhetorical. Question was, would you not stop him from jumping off that 40th storey even though he is entirely free to do so? In the real world, it's not true that if he had made up his mind, could anyone stop him? Many, many persons intending suicide were convinced not to, were treated and have led useful and happy lives. Again, and if God knows one's
going to turn out badly , why is he allowing that one to be born? If he is the creator of everything, it's His failure to create AND allow it, no? Which shows that the whole thing's a sham - A real God would never allow that to happen. All made up by...MEN, not God.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I believe in a higher power. If you don't, so be it. Not my loss.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199877 Sep 7, 2014
"Monthly beefs about O'Hare International Airport jet noise have soared more than 1,200 percent since new O'Hare flight paths beduted last fall."

Chicago Sun-Times

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199878 Sep 7, 2014
Whooops.
I am not dyslexic....."debuted "

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199879 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
A lot of people around O'Hare are now just waiting for that next big chunck of green ice to come crashing through their roofs.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199880 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
Truth be told, O'Hare Airport more than anything else makes Chicagoland a shitty place to live.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199881 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
So I was on some website reading about the Islamic Golden Age and all the marvelous achievements of Muslims that humanity just cannot do without.
I was thinking to myself, "Wow, this seems almost too good to be true."
It went so far as to claim that the works of Mozart and Beethoven were greatly influenced by Islam.
Let me state here and now that is a near total fabrication.
In fact, both Beethoven and Mozart each wrote one (1) "Turkish March" which were indeed inspired by a fascination of the Turkish military marching bands of yore.
That, mis amigos, is the extent of the Islamic influence on two of the greatest western composers of all time.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#199882 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I believe in a higher power. If you don't, so be it. Not my loss.
And that is precisely where you err. This Higher Power has zero to do with religion. And, I'll ask you again, what makes you think YOUR religion is the right one as opposed to all the other ones? They are as convinced of theirs as the only one as you are of yours. Although different in many ways, they share the same philosophy, namely scare the wit out of its followers in order to dominate them, starting with their thinking process. It worked well until today when religion's foibles and excesses have at last been revealed, and except for Islam (its turn will come), all religions are showing a huge drop in believers and church attendance. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Again , I urge you, open the Old Testament at almost any page, do it, and tell me if it doesn't mention rape, incest, violence, torture, massacres of men, women and children and destruction of whole cities, ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. Talk about taking His name in vain. The ever-forgiving God who threatens his own people with balls of fire, of destroying all of them, and just before the great flood, regrets, yes, God regrets, having created man. Can you imagine all-perfect God the Creator regretting creating man in his own image, making such a huge mistake?

Genesis 6:6 : "The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." Bet you never knew about that one, right?

So what'd He do? He killed every man, woman and child, babies even (damn those baby fornicators) on earth except for Noah and his family. Nice. Wake up, smell the coffee. God did not do that. Men invented the flood fable for a reason. And it worked for centuries.

Go on, read the Bible, educate yourself, as I haven't had the pedagogical training to do it.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199883 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is precisely where you err. This Higher Power has zero to do with religion. And, I'll ask you again, what makes you think YOUR religion is the right one as opposed to all the other ones? They are as convinced of theirs as the only one as you are of yours. Although different in many ways, they share the same philosophy, namely scare the wit out of its followers in order to dominate them, starting with their thinking process. It worked well until today when religion's foibles and excesses have at last been revealed, and except for Islam (its turn will come), all religions are showing a huge drop in believers and church attendance. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.
Again , I urge you, open the Old Testament at almost any page, do it, and tell me if it doesn't mention rape, incest, violence, torture, massacres of men, women and children and destruction of whole cities, ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. Talk about taking His name in vain. The ever-forgiving God who threatens his own people with balls of fire, of destroying all of them, and just before the great flood, regrets, yes, God regrets, having created man. Can you imagine all-perfect God the Creator regretting creating man in his own image, making such a huge mistake?
Genesis 6:6 : "The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." Bet you never knew about that one, right?
So what'd He do? He killed every man, woman and child, babies even (damn those baby fornicators) on earth except for Noah and his family. Nice. Wake up, smell the coffee. God did not do that. Men invented the flood fable for a reason. And it worked for centuries.
Go on, read the Bible, educate yourself, as I haven't had the pedagogical training to do it.
Now, I don't feel threatened, at all. Never have. You mentioned that again, I can only conclude that you do feel threatened. Remember me telling you that you take things too literally and you get lost in the details? And, here you are! Dwelling on details and missing the message, entirely. I don't think you've ever posted anything positive about or from the Bible. Like I said, you don't believe? Have at it. It's no skin off my back. I've never heard anyone ramble on about the Bible in such a negative way. No one. I sense a wound that hasn't healed. It seethes through every pore in your body. Good luck with that and your endless rants on the Bible. Very big of you.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#199885 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I don't feel threatened, at all. Never have. You mentioned that again, I can only conclude that you do feel threatened. Remember me telling you that you take things too literally and you get lost in the details? And, here you are! Dwelling on details and missing the message, entirely. I don't think you've ever posted anything positive about or from the Bible. Like I said, you don't believe? Have at it. It's no skin off my back. I've never heard anyone ramble on about the Bible in such a negative way. No one. I sense a wound that hasn't healed. It seethes through every pore in your body. Good luck with that and your endless rants on the Bible. Very big of you.
I see. No reply. No contestation. No counter argument against even one point, meaning you also justify and approve the killing of men, women, children AND babies. And the obvious message that you've never read the Bible and therefore cannot tell the difference between God and the men who wrote what they wanted to about HIM, most often in damning terms.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199886 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
I just sat down and played the Turkish March.
Let there be no misunderstanding, technically and stylistically it has Mozart written all over it.
loose
Grand Birther

Denver, CO

#199887 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a higher power.
We're glad you found god. Too bad you had to go through AA to find it.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199888 Sep 7, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I will say whatever I wish.
As I said earlier, I know enough Muslims to say with confidence that many of them are sickened and appalled and embarrassed but are too timid to speak out for fear of being ostracized by the rest of the ummah.
There is a mosque in Bristol, CT, wherein the imam has said America must become an Islamic nation. It is located at the western edge of Bristol, a suburban locale not far from the tony Chippens Hill section and a stone's throw from the Pequabuck Golf Club, which I have played many times.

BTW Loose, you would change your mind about golf if you understood the game.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199889 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
Beethoven wrote a piece called "The Ruins of Athens"
Perhaps Islam had something to do with that, I don't know, but I will find out and keep you posted.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199890 Sep 7, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
For his next trick, Mr. Liars will clench his little fists, feign indignation, and whine "show me a post where I mention nurses!"
How's wheelchair life treating you, Little Romper Stomper? Diaper rash particularly painful today? Keep up the great work!(Presuming embarrassing yourself is the goal here)
Ha!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199891 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
Silly me.
Beethoven's "Turkish March" is also an extraction, this time from "The Ruins of Athens"
I should have known better. But I am not as intimately familiar with Beethoven as I am Mozart.
loose

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199892 Sep 7, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I just sat down and played the Turkish March.
Let there be no misunderstanding, technically and stylistically it has Mozart written all over it.
loose
I wouldn't go that far.

The Turkish March is similar to the Mozart Rondo, much like Debussy's Iberia resembles Ravel's Espaņa.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199893 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, have at it! Science? You mean man-made science? As you've already pointed out, it must be full of flaws and lies, right? LMAO!!! So, basically you put your trust and faith in man-made things. Not very smart on your part. LMAO!!!
Superstition is not "man made"?

Science is "all natural", a product of the natural universe. The evolution of complexity in the universe is a natural process, and intelligent life, which can reflect and apply synthetic thought, is one of the natural consequences thereof.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199894 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darrel, God gave us all free-will. Do I think he said oops? Nope. It is our choice what we do with our lives. We will not only be the cause of Armageddon, we'll also be the participants. Your hatred has become laughable!!! A boar's sperm and a sow's egg will only produce a pig! Nothing like a pig cooked in the ground!
Your nice cuddly god also created polio, Ebola, smallpox, HIV, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Bacillus anthracis, various carcinomas, scads of genetic diseases, etc. etc. etc. Real cool dude.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199895 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
You know, Interestingly, the "Arabian Dance" from Tsckaikovski's "Nutcracker" is always a Christmas-time favorite enjoyed by people the world over.
It's in Disney's "Fantasia" too.
Burgmueller wrote a piece called "Arabesque", that is quite good too, as did other perhaps lesser known European composers of that era.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#199896 Sep 7, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your nice cuddly god also created polio, Ebola, smallpox, HIV, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Bacillus anthracis, various carcinomas, scads of genetic diseases, etc. etc. etc. Real cool dude.
Not only that, He was also more expedient and thorough with the folks of Sodom and Gomorrah, not mention the decapitation of of the adorators of the calves and the great flood, where sinful adult and baby fornicators perished, or so God-inspired men tell us. Yes, "of their own free will" did those newborn and children practice evil things like stealing, drinking, adulterating and fornicating.

LRS-Dale will not comment on Genesis 6.6. where God admitted he had erred. Instead, he prefers to say I hate God and religion. Much easier.

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darrel, God gave us all free-will. Do I think he said oops? Nope. It is our choice what we do with our lives. We will not only be the cause of Armageddon, we'll also be the participants. Your hatred has become laughable!!! A boar's sperm and a sow's egg will only produce a pig! Nothing like a pig cooked in the ground!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,224,915
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Agents of Corruption 53,071
Dear Abby 5-6-15 1 hr Julie 6
Ask Amy 5-6-15 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 7 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 7 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]