BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 243253 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#199926 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is real magic? I didn't say that. I think they're two separate subjects altogether, sharing nothing in common. Faith is a spiritual connection with a power greater than ourselves. A connection that transcends time and space. It is spiritual in nature. However, since you don't think there is a power greater than ourselves, aren't we wasting each other's time? I believe you knew I was referring to Jesus as the Son of God, not merely a man. I have all the answers? Ha! I've never said anything remotely similar to that. I did interpret the Book correctly. When you read or speak of the Bible, do you do so with an open mind? I seriously doubt it. No soul? That would leave you little more than a shell of a man, no? I also don't think you had any trouble understanding what I meant by soul. Like I've been saying, if you don't believe, have at it. That is your right.
You wrote : "I did interpret the Book correctly. When you read or speak of the Bible, do you do so with an open mind?"

Wrong. You have no right to interpret the Book. It must be read and taken literally. The Bible, Old and New Testament were canonized by Rome before there were splinter religions and schisms. Only the Church reserves the right to interpret the "Good Book", and what a joke that is, like, God in his infinite wisdom, was not articulate and requires an interpreter?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

San Juan, Philippines

#199927 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is real magic? I didn't say that. I think they're two separate subjects altogether, sharing nothing in common. Faith is a spiritual connection with a power greater than ourselves. A connection that transcends time and space. It is spiritual in nature. However, since you don't think there is a power greater than ourselves, aren't we wasting each other's time? I believe you knew I was referring to Jesus as the Son of God, not merely a man. I have all the answers? Ha! I've never said anything remotely similar to that. I did interpret the Book correctly. When you read or speak of the Bible, do you do so with an open mind? I seriously doubt it. No soul? That would leave you little more than a shell of a man, no? I also don't think you had any trouble understanding what I meant by soul. Like I've been saying, if you don't believe, have at it. That is your right.
"Faith is real magic? I didn't say that."

Unwittingly, that is exactly what you said.

"A power greater than" ... "spiritual connection"....

The sun is a power greater than ourselves (just ask Rogue), but if you want to have spiritual connections to the son, go for it. Just don't get caught sacrificing the neighbors virginal daughter to the sun god.

You didn't say "Son of God" but you interpret your holy book correctly?

Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

San Juan, Philippines

#199928 Sep 8, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Since you brought my name into the conversation, guess I can reply!!!
Can it be said that man created god, can it be said that man created science?? Yep, looks like in your view that both are fallible, since science is not an exact science and according to you God is a mythical being. When science has failed us, what is left? Many people blame God and many people ask for the help of God. Now, where does this leave you?? Will you ask for help from a mythical being, or rely on the science that has failed you.
There he goes ranting with nonsensical "science has failed us" drivel.

The earth orbits the sun. Humans evolved.

If you're expecting science to "save" you from yourself, don't blame science; it hasn't failed, you have.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#199929 Sep 8, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>There he goes ranting with nonsensical "science has failed us" drivel.
The earth orbits the sun. Humans evolved.
If you're expecting science to "save" you from yourself, don't blame science; it hasn't failed, you have.
LMAO!!! Dick, that has to be the dumbest post I have seen today.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#199930 Sep 8, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm sick, I will rely on science any time. And, in the final analysis, we'll all die, religion or science be damned, except that science has a better chance than religion of keeping one alive longer.
LMAO!!! Dumbass, I usually rely on medicine.

Ottawa

#199931 Sep 8, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Dumbass, I usually rely on medicine.
Oh? Why?

Ottawa

#199932 Sep 8, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Dick, that has to be the dumbest post I have seen today.
Galileo : Imprisoned, persecuted. Why? 4 centuries later, 400 years after the great astronomer had been proven right, Church finally admits he was correct. Yeah, right, 450 years later. So much for the Church and its belief in the advancement of science.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199933 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You wrote : "I did interpret the Book correctly. When you read or speak of the Bible, do you do so with an open mind?"
Wrong. You have no right to interpret the Book. It must be read and taken literally. The Bible, Old and New Testament were canonized by Rome before there were splinter religions and schisms. Only the Church reserves the right to interpret the "Good Book", and what a joke that is, like, God in his infinite wisdom, was not articulate and requires an interpreter?
Sure I do. Every word ever written is interpreted. You seem to think that God should wait on you hand over foot. Don't think that's how it works. Obviously, you're wrong as people all over the world interpret the Book. But, you did manage to get in another dig at religion. Tell us JacqWad, what are the answers this world so desperately needs? Surely, you know all the answers, right? And, the best you can come up with is, "I'll trust man over God". As I keep saying, have at it! Why do you keep responding? Uncomfortable with your decision?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199934 Sep 8, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Faith is real magic? I didn't say that."
Unwittingly, that is exactly what you said.
"A power greater than" ... "spiritual connection"....
The sun is a power greater than ourselves (just ask Rogue), but if you want to have spiritual connections to the son, go for it. Just don't get caught sacrificing the neighbors virginal daughter to the sun god.
You didn't say "Son of God" but you interpret your holy book correctly?
Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
No, that is not what I said. However, I do know how much you and JacqWad enjoy trashing The Bible. Sad, but mostly disgraceful.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199935 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh? Why?
Because God gave most of us a brain to use. Then, there are the few that didn't.

Ottawa

#199939 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do. Every word ever written is interpreted. You seem to think that God should wait on you hand over foot. Don't think that's how it works. Obviously, you're wrong as people all over the world interpret the Book. But, you did manage to get in another dig at religion. Tell us JacqWad, what are the answers this world so desperately needs? Surely, you know all the answers, right? And, the best you can come up with is, "I'll trust man over God". As I keep saying, have at it! Why do you keep responding? Uncomfortable with your decision?
You attributed these words to me, ""I'll trust man over God". "simply because you either can't read or else cannot comprehend the meaning of words. I wrote the exact opposite, that man misinterpreted God - what's the matter with you? You believe in what man told you about God, yet were I to believe one of the two, it would be God, not man who loves to make God look bad, cruel.

As to the interpretation of the Bible, refer to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Section or article 115 to, I believe , 119. It is, I believe, the largest by far Christian denomination and was around long before the 16th century chisms.

PART ONE
THE PROFESSION OF FAITH

SECTION ONE
"I BELIEVE" - "WE BELIEVE"

CHAPTER TWO
GOD COMES TO MEET MAN

ARTICLE 3
SACRED SCRIPTURE

Catechism of the Catholic Church :

115 According to an ancient tradition, one can distinguish between two senses of Scripture: the literal and the spiritual, the latter being subdivided into the allegorical, moral and anagogical senses. The profound concordance of the four senses guarantees all its richness to the living reading of Scripture in the Church.

116 The literal sense is the meaning conveyed by the words of Scripture and discovered by exegesis, following the rules of sound interpretation: "All other senses of Sacred Scripture are based on the literal."83

117 The spiritual sense. Thanks to the unity of God's plan, not only the text of Scripture but also the realities and events about which it speaks can be signs.

1. The allegorical sense. We can acquire a more profound understanding of events by recognizing their significance in Christ; thus the crossing of the Red Sea is a sign or type of Christ's victory and also of Christian Baptism.84

2. The moral sense. The events reported in Scripture ought to lead us to act justly. As St. Paul says, they were written "for our instruction".85

3. The anagogical sense (Greek: anagoge, "leading"). We can view realities and events in terms of their eternal significance, leading us toward our true homeland: thus the Church on earth is a sign of the heavenly Jerusalem.86

119 "It is the task of exegetes to work, according to these rules, towards a better understanding and explanation of the meaning of Sacred Scripture in order that their research may help the Church to form a firmer judgement. For, of course, all that has been said about the manner of interpreting Scripture is ultimately subject to the judgement of the Church which exercises the divinely conferred commission and ministry of watching over and interpreting the Word of God."88

==========

Interesting, right? You have no right to interpret, READ IT. Exegetes, these Canon lawyers, are to interpret the Holy words. Imagine that, God needs someone to interpret for Him, as if He was not articulate enough to do so - He, the creator of all mankind and brightest light of all. Sit on that, LOSER.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199941 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You attributed these words to me, ""I'll trust man over God". "simply because you either can't read or else cannot comprehend the meaning of words. I wrote the exact opposite, that man misinterpreted God - what's the matter with you? You believe in what man told you about God, yet were I to believe one of the two, it would be God, not man who loves to make God look bad, cruel.
As to the interpretation of the Bible, refer to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Section or article 115 to, I believe , 119. It is, I believe, the largest by far Christian denomination and was around long before the 16th century chisms.
PART ONE
THE PROFESSION OF FAITH
SECTION ONE
"I BELIEVE" - "WE BELIEVE"
CHAPTER TWO
GOD COMES TO MEET MAN
ARTICLE 3
SACRED SCRIPTURE
Catechism of the Catholic Church :
115 According to an ancient tradition, one can distinguish between two senses of Scripture: the literal and the spiritual, the latter being subdivided into the allegorical, moral and anagogical senses. The profound concordance of the four senses guarantees all its richness to the living reading of Scripture in the Church.
116 The literal sense is the meaning conveyed by the words of Scripture and discovered by exegesis, following the rules of sound interpretation: "All other senses of Sacred Scripture are based on the literal."83
117 The spiritual sense. Thanks to the unity of God's plan, not only the text of Scripture but also the realities and events about which it speaks can be signs.
1. The allegorical sense. We can acquire a more profound understanding of events by recognizing their significance in Christ; thus the crossing of the Red Sea is a sign or type of Christ's victory and also of Christian Baptism.84
2. The moral sense. The events reported in Scripture ought to lead us to act justly. As St. Paul says, they were written "for our instruction".85
3. The anagogical sense (Greek: anagoge, "leading"). We can view realities and events in terms of their eternal significance, leading us toward our true homeland: thus the Church on earth is a sign of the heavenly Jerusalem.86
119 "It is the task of exegetes to work, according to these rules, towards a better understanding and explanation of the meaning of Sacred Scripture in order that their research may help the Church to form a firmer judgement. For, of course, all that has been said about the manner of interpreting Scripture is ultimately subject to the judgement of the Church which exercises the divinely conferred commission and ministry of watching over and interpreting the Word of God."88
==========
Interesting, right? You have no right to interpret, READ IT. Exegetes, these Canon lawyers, are to interpret the Holy words. Imagine that, God needs someone to interpret for Him, as if He was not articulate enough to do so - He, the creator of all mankind and brightest light of all. Sit on that, LOSER.
Sorry, but I'm not Catholic! LMAO! If I didn't interpret what I read, what would I have? What would anyone have? Nada. Well, God isn't exactly dealing with the sharpest of tools in the shed, you know. Wow, and you thought you had something! Sad. "Sit on that"? LMAO!!! Okay Wilbur, will do. ID 10T Error
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199943 Sep 8, 2014
OH! Another great and uncalled for dig against religion. I really don't know how you contain your joy! A true disgrace. Learn some couth, boy and quit rooting in the mud all day.

Ottawa

#199946 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not what I said. However, I do know how much you and JacqWad enjoy trashing The Bible. Sad, but mostly disgraceful.
Again, you have this propensity to say we enjoy trashing the bible. It's the only reply you have to excerpts we offer for you to comment on, to either agree or disagree and explain why. No, instead, the same old whining about us not loving God, religion, the Bible etc.

If I say Germany lost both world wars, does it mean I don't like Germany and am trashing it? Are you afraid to discuss fairly and honestly or you just gonna accuse your detractors of trashing and what else with no honest reply?

Admit it, save for a few passages that were handed to you by some kind of religious authority, you have never read the Bible or any of its so-called sacred passages. Try it, you may come up with a whole load of questions.

Ottawa

#199947 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I'm not Catholic! LMAO! If I didn't interpret what I read, what would I have? What would anyone have? Nada. Well, God isn't exactly dealing with the sharpest of tools in the shed, you know. Wow, and you thought you had something! Sad. "Sit on that"? LMAO!!! Okay Wilbur, will do. ID 10T Error
LOSER. it doesn't matter what branch of Christianity you belong to, all Christian religions took their lead from the original Catholic Church, and little was changed from its original concept.

The Bible was canonised as the unalterable word of God, yes, God who supposedly guided the writers' hands long before the Catholic religion was dismembered starting in the 16th century, except for the Greek Orthodox before them. You are totally ignorant on the subject of the Bible and anything religious. You keep coming with silly putty like "I'm not Catholic! LMAO and how I hate God and the Bible. Grow up, those are schoolyard bully argumentations, bully crap. Come up with sensible comebacks, buttress your beliefs. I thought I had something? I did. What about 6.6? Third time I ask your opinion on that one.

How about commenting on this one?

Luke 14:26, Jesus to his disciples : &#9658;

Parallel Verses

New International Version
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

New Living Translation
"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.

English Standard Version
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

==========

Did I make that one up too? Just because I copy the bible word for word, does it mean I hate God, religion, the Bible? Can you come up with a comment on Luke 14:26? Should such straight words also be "interpreted"?

Ottawa

#199948 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
OH! Another great and uncalled for dig against religion. I really don't know how you contain your joy! A true disgrace. Learn some couth, boy and quit rooting in the mud all day.
Quit being ignorant. Start reading so you can at least give the impression you know what you are talking about.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#199949 Sep 8, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I believe that I have found our discrepency. It boils down to how you use the word faith.

You define faith much differently than a dictionary.

Faith by definition is believing in something without evidence.

I think I may have something similar to your definiton. My connection to the cosmos is where I find the feeling you are talking about. The wonder and beauty of our galaxy fills me with awe. Knowing that I am made up of atoms forged in the firey hearts of the stars...the elegant simplicity of the mathematics that propels the clockwork. The incredible unlikelyhood that I would exist in the first place. It is about as close as I come to spirituality.

Well, I thought I knew what you meant by faith. I have heard numerous definitions of soul. Since I have to interpret what you mean by soul..."celestial poker chip containing a single person's conscience or essense." No. I don't think I have one and I don't think anyone else does either.

Maybe you can answer one of mine then... because this perplexes me.

You (and many others) are 100% convinced that the God of Abraham is real. You say that you communicate with him. You say he helps make decisions. You praise him for everything down to the potatos you consumed yesterday's evening meal. You have even personally tried to argue that the bible is the foundation of our legal system and morality.

So, when a chick like Susan Smith drowns her children in the bathtub under orders from god.... where are the thousands of Christians financing her legal team and lending support?

Not a single one of you showed up. I mean, as christians... you do admire the man willing to gut his son at the whim of god. Why was Susan alone?

I have a feeling I know why. However, I would like to hear what you have to say.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199950 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Again, you have this propensity to say we enjoy trashing the bible. It's the only reply you have to excerpts we offer for you to comment on, to either agree or disagree and explain why. No, instead, the same old whining about us not loving God, religion, the Bible etc.
If I say Germany lost both world wars, does it mean I don't like Germany and am trashing it? Are you afraid to discuss fairly and honestly or you just gonna accuse your detractors of trashing and what else with no honest reply?
Admit it, save for a few passages that were handed to you by some kind of religious authority, you have never read the Bible or any of its so-called sacred passages. Try it, you may come up with a whole load of questions.
I have read it. Why do you pretend to know things you obviously don't? It only serves to make you look foolish.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199951 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
LOSER. it doesn't matter what branch of Christianity you belong to, all Christian religions took their lead from the original Catholic Church, and little was changed from its original concept.
The Bible was canonised as the unalterable word of God, yes, God who supposedly guided the writers' hands long before the Catholic religion was dismembered starting in the 16th century, except for the Greek Orthodox before them. You are totally ignorant on the subject of the Bible and anything religious. You keep coming with silly putty like "I'm not Catholic! LMAO and how I hate God and the Bible. Grow up, those are schoolyard bully argumentations, bully crap. Come up with sensible comebacks, buttress your beliefs. I thought I had something? I did. What about 6.6? Third time I ask your opinion on that one.
How about commenting on this one?
Luke 14:26, Jesus to his disciples : &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.
New Living Translation
"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.
English Standard Version
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
==========
Did I make that one up too? Just because I copy the bible word for word, does it mean I hate God, religion, the Bible? Can you come up with a comment on Luke 14:26? Should such straight words also be "interpreted"?
Now, what is the point in debating verses? I know how you feel and you know how I feel. So why the constant bashing? I call it like I see it. And, your wound is severe. You choose to get lost in the details. And, you know what they say,'the devil is in the details'. I'm perfectly comfortable in my spiritual life. I've experienced enough to know, without doubt, there is a power greater than us. As I will continue saying, if you don't believe, that's fine. Have at it! If you're just looking for an excuse to rag on me, then be man enough to say and do it! In this universe you're an insignificant speck, just like everyone else. A closed-mind is a terrible thing.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199952 Sep 8, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I believe that I have found our discrepency. It boils down to how you use the word faith.
You define faith much differently than a dictionary.
Faith by definition is believing in something without evidence.
I think I may have something similar to your definiton. My connection to the cosmos is where I find the feeling you are talking about. The wonder and beauty of our galaxy fills me with awe. Knowing that I am made up of atoms forged in the firey hearts of the stars...the elegant simplicity of the mathematics that propels the clockwork. The incredible unlikelyhood that I would exist in the first place. It is about as close as I come to spirituality.
Well, I thought I knew what you meant by faith. I have heard numerous definitions of soul. Since I have to interpret what you mean by soul..."celestial poker chip containing a single person's conscience or essense." No. I don't think I have one and I don't think anyone else does either.
Maybe you can answer one of mine then... because this perplexes me.
You (and many others) are 100% convinced that the God of Abraham is real. You say that you communicate with him. You say he helps make decisions. You praise him for everything down to the potatos you consumed yesterday's evening meal. You have even personally tried to argue that the bible is the foundation of our legal system and morality.
So, when a chick like Susan Smith drowns her children in the bathtub under orders from god.... where are the thousands of Christians financing her legal team and lending support?
Not a single one of you showed up. I mean, as christians... you do admire the man willing to gut his son at the whim of god. Why was Susan alone?
I have a feeling I know why. However, I would like to hear what you have to say.
Why do you assume God told her to do it? Simply, because that's what she said? Next time I'm in court, I'll tell the judge, the devil made me do it. Think it'll work? Man has always felt a strong connection to the heavens. Why? What is it that draws us to it? And, I must ask you as well, why are you willing to spend time "attempting" to undermine my/other's religion? Is that not the epitome of being petty? I think so. Being egotistical and arrogant are nothing more than put-ons. Color me unimpressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min RACE 105,432
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,684,786
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Alain Vain 11,784
Sick of commercials with mix couples 2 hr KIDS WAKE UP 14
Trump is A 3 hr Bad deal 386
Little Dicky Durbin needs to know this. 12 hr DurbinDicksAmerica 2
maxine waters 12 hr HER pussyStinks 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance