BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 242540 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Quezon City, Philippines

#199890 Sep 7, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
For his next trick, Mr. Liars will clench his little fists, feign indignation, and whine "show me a post where I mention nurses!"
How's wheelchair life treating you, Little Romper Stomper? Diaper rash particularly painful today? Keep up the great work!(Presuming embarrassing yourself is the goal here)
Ha!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#199891 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
Silly me.
Beethoven's "Turkish March" is also an extraction, this time from "The Ruins of Athens"
I should have known better. But I am not as intimately familiar with Beethoven as I am Mozart.
loose

Quezon City, Philippines

#199892 Sep 7, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I just sat down and played the Turkish March.
Let there be no misunderstanding, technically and stylistically it has Mozart written all over it.
loose
I wouldn't go that far.

The Turkish March is similar to the Mozart Rondo, much like Debussy's Iberia resembles Ravel's Espaņa.

Quezon City, Philippines

#199893 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, have at it! Science? You mean man-made science? As you've already pointed out, it must be full of flaws and lies, right? LMAO!!! So, basically you put your trust and faith in man-made things. Not very smart on your part. LMAO!!!
Superstition is not "man made"?

Science is "all natural", a product of the natural universe. The evolution of complexity in the universe is a natural process, and intelligent life, which can reflect and apply synthetic thought, is one of the natural consequences thereof.

Quezon City, Philippines

#199894 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darrel, God gave us all free-will. Do I think he said oops? Nope. It is our choice what we do with our lives. We will not only be the cause of Armageddon, we'll also be the participants. Your hatred has become laughable!!! A boar's sperm and a sow's egg will only produce a pig! Nothing like a pig cooked in the ground!
Your nice cuddly god also created polio, Ebola, smallpox, HIV, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Bacillus anthracis, various carcinomas, scads of genetic diseases, etc. etc. etc. Real cool dude.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#199895 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
You know, Interestingly, the "Arabian Dance" from Tsckaikovski's "Nutcracker" is always a Christmas-time favorite enjoyed by people the world over.
It's in Disney's "Fantasia" too.
Burgmueller wrote a piece called "Arabesque", that is quite good too, as did other perhaps lesser known European composers of that era.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#199896 Sep 7, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your nice cuddly god also created polio, Ebola, smallpox, HIV, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Bacillus anthracis, various carcinomas, scads of genetic diseases, etc. etc. etc. Real cool dude.
Not only that, He was also more expedient and thorough with the folks of Sodom and Gomorrah, not mention the decapitation of of the adorators of the calves and the great flood, where sinful adult and baby fornicators perished, or so God-inspired men tell us. Yes, "of their own free will" did those newborn and children practice evil things like stealing, drinking, adulterating and fornicating.

LRS-Dale will not comment on Genesis 6.6. where God admitted he had erred. Instead, he prefers to say I hate God and religion. Much easier.

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darrel, God gave us all free-will. Do I think he said oops? Nope. It is our choice what we do with our lives. We will not only be the cause of Armageddon, we'll also be the participants. Your hatred has become laughable!!! A boar's sperm and a sow's egg will only produce a pig! Nothing like a pig cooked in the ground!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#199897 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course man-made science is going to agree with itself. Really? Do you believe in things that cannot be measured? Do you believe in things that cannot be seen? We're not talking about magic, but faith instead. See, here's a myth you believe, that I do not have the currency to bring your vanity into question. I already did. Meteor? Old news. Interesting but not new. Why do you think the placebo effect works? And, no offense but I'll remain leery of who you are.
Science is not man made. It is discovered.

Did man make gravity? Light? No. We simply decode what is already there. And invariably the language of the universe is mathematics.

Yes, I believe in things that can't be seen. Oxygen, radiation, gravity, black holes, dark matter etc.

Believing in things that can't be measured is somewhat more tricky. To be honest I am having a hard time even figuring out what that means. Do you mean conceptual things like infinity? Or do you mean metaphysical things like ghost? If you can clue me in, I would appreciate it.

The theory that the universe is teaming with life and it spreads using a similar process to pollonization in our botanical world may not be new. But evidence of it is. We watched a meteor explode and found signs of simple life in it. I think that is pretty damn profound. Much more evidence than we have seen from the bigfoot camp, or the thousands of people chasing ghost with infrared cameras.

The placebo effect works because humans are very vulnerable to hallucination. In high school, I sent a girl home six times in 2 semesters by convincing her that she was sick. I also watched a kid beat the snot out of a guy who bullied him, because... I convinced the kid the bully was weak. I told him I was so sure he would get the best of him that if the bully was at any time winning...I would intervene. All the kid needed was some courage.

There is no need for faith without magic LRS.
If you could get from point A to point B any other way...it wouldn't be called faith.

Maybe you could explain the difference?

Philippines

#199898 Sep 7, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Did man make gravity? Light? No. We simply decode what is already there. And invariably the language of the universe is mathematics.
Yes, I believe in things that can't be seen. Oxygen, radiation, gravity, black holes, dark matter etc.
Believing in things that can't be measured is somewhat more tricky. To be honest I am having a hard time even figuring out what that means. Do you mean conceptual things like infinity? Or do you mean metaphysical things like ghost? If you can clue me in, I would appreciate it.
The theory that the universe is teaming with life and it spreads using a similar process to pollonization in our botanical world may not be new. But evidence of it is. We watched a meteor explode and found signs of simple life in it. I think that is pretty damn profound. Much more evidence than we have seen from the bigfoot camp, or the thousands of people chasing ghost with infrared cameras.
The placebo effect works because humans are very vulnerable to hallucination. In high school, I sent a girl home six times in 2 semesters by convincing her that she was sick. I also watched a kid beat the snot out of a guy who bullied him, because... I convinced the kid the bully was weak. I told him I was so sure he would get the best of him that if the bully was at any time winning...I would intervene. All the kid needed was some courage.
If you could get from point A to point B any other way...it wouldn't be called faith.
"Science is not man made. It is discovered."

That about says it all.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#199899 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
You know, I think that "Arabian Dance" by Tschaikovski is hauntingly mysterious.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199900 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. No reply. No contestation. No counter argument against even one point, meaning you also justify and approve the killing of men, women, children AND babies. And the obvious message that you've never read the Bible and therefore cannot tell the difference between God and the men who wrote what they wanted to about HIM, most often in damning terms.
I don't lose sight of the message by getting lost in the details. Even this post suggests you do feel threatened. Yet, you claim you don't. Whatever JacqWad. Reckon' you'll stop bytchin' anytime soon? I don't think like you. Get over it. Or not, your choice.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199901 Sep 7, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
We're glad you found god. Too bad you had to go through AA to find it.
Who said AA is where I found God? Thinking on your own, again? You should quit.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199902 Sep 7, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Superstition is not "man made"?
Science is "all natural", a product of the natural universe. The evolution of complexity in the universe is a natural process, and intelligent life, which can reflect and apply synthetic thought, is one of the natural consequences thereof.
No one is talking about superstition, Globoy.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199903 Sep 7, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he now? Pfft!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#199904 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that, He was also more expedient and thorough with the folks of Sodom and Gomorrah, not mention the decapitation of of the adorators of the calves and the great flood, where sinful adult and baby fornicators perished, or so God-inspired men tell us. Yes, "of their own free will" did those newborn and children practice evil things like stealing, drinking, adulterating and fornicating.
LRS-Dale will not comment on Genesis 6.6. where God admitted he had erred. Instead, he prefers to say I hate God and religion. Much easier.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Since you brought my name into the conversation, guess I can reply!!!
Can it be said that man created god, can it be said that man created science?? Yep, looks like in your view that both are fallible, since science is not an exact science and according to you God is a mythical being. When science has failed us, what is left? Many people blame God and many people ask for the help of God. Now, where does this leave you?? Will you ask for help from a mythical being, or rely on the science that has failed you.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199905 Sep 7, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Science is not man made. It is discovered. Or, you could say "interpreted". By whom? Man.
2. We decode. See above.
3. I see, you believe in "certain" unseen events, yet dismiss others. I think the question was simple enough. How would you attempt to explain footsteps when no one is there? There are many well documented paranormal events.
4. The placebo effect works because people "believe" it will.
5. Great, another teacher jacking with the minds of young people. Or is that really you, Glo?
6. Faith and magic have nothing in common.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#199906 Sep 7, 2014
Rack 'em....my break!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#199907 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
I find "Arabian Dance" to be very, shall we say,,,,~ seductive ~
Probably part of the reason for its popularity
It is very hard to describe classical music with words
I let it speak for itself

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#199908 Sep 7, 2014
Jacques,
You know, Arabian Dance is written in G minor.
The minor key signatures tell you straight away that the piece has a darker feel.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#199909 Sep 7, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Science is not man made. It is discovered. Or, you could say "interpreted". By whom? Man.
2. We decode. See above.
3. I see, you believe in "certain" unseen events, yet dismiss others. I think the question was simple enough. How would you attempt to explain footsteps when no one is there? There are many well documented paranormal events.
4. The placebo effect works because people "believe" it will.
5. Great, another teacher jacking with the minds of young people. Or is that really you, Glo?
6. Faith and magic have nothing in common.
1 & 2
Well, you could very well say interpreted. But you could no longer say that the second that the math works.

Are you aware that before Newton, objects in motion stayed in motion until they got tired? I am serious. Everyone thought that. Newton hammered out how almost everything on Earth moved before he was 19 years old.(And everything not on Earth by 22) All the math worked and it continues to work until this very day.

Objects get tired is an interpretation. Newton is truth.

He may well be the most important man to ever walk the Earth. He was astonishingly smart. And he didn't even WANT to do those things. It was a distraction from his true mistresses... alchemy and looking for code in the Bible. It didn't matter... Newton cracked the code of gravitation while bitching about having to show people how things worked. He invented calculus in a few days, and viola...

Which brings us to a man named Halley. Who did a ton of things including bringing Newton's insane brilliance to people outside his house... The only thing the guy didn't do was discover a comet.

What makes Halley one of the most special people on Earth is that he was the world's first actual, honest to god... prophet. He used Newton's math to predict not only when they would see a comet...but where it would appear in the sky and what path it would take. Incidentally, Halley's comet is the same one that caused such a ruckus at the battle of Hastings.

And that is the difference between interpretation and having decoded a piece of the natural world.

3. I believe in unseen events that can be measured. Evidence? Great! Just show me some verifiable evidence of a real paranormal event. And I will split a million dollars with you.(That isn't a joke. The Randi Educational Foundation will make us rich. Well.. me rich, you richer.)

4. Well, yes and no. "Believing" certain things makes your brain react with an abundance of different chemicals. Believing there was a tiger behind you could make you a very nervous man.

5. I don't teach. I talk. And on the rare occasion I am talking to students... they aren't exacty what you would imagine. They are not vulnerable to bull shit. They won't let you get away with it.

6. I will ask again for you to expand on that. How are faith and magic unrelated? If an answer other than magic is not involved... there is simply no faith required. Does it take faith to believe in Jesus because he was a charismatic, well spoken, eccentric teacher? None at all.

You need faith to believe he was born of a virgin, performed miracles and was resurected from the dead... the magic stuff. NONE of which, even if found to be true would prove he was the son of god.

Jesus was a real person. Pretty sure I can prove that to almost anyone. It takes no faith at all to believe in him. I do. Just as I believe in you.

It is the magic that seperates us, and the magic alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Coffee Party 1,581,752
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 17 min ThomasA 23
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 2 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Muslims Did IT 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 9 hr check please 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages