BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 20 comments on the Jan 8, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#197123 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
List of border incidents involving North Korea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a partial list of border incidents involving North Korea since the Korean Armistice Agreement of July 27, 1953, ended large scale military action of the Korean War. Most of these incidents took place near either the Korean Demilitarized Zone or the Northern Limit Line. This list includes engagements on land, air, and sea, but does not include alleged incursions and terrorist incidents that occurred away from the border.
Many of the incidents occurring at sea are due to border disputes. In 1977 North Korea claimed an Exclusive Economic Zone over a large area south of the disputed western maritime border, the Northern Limit Line in the Yellow Sea.[1] This is a prime fishing area, particularly for crabs, and clashes commonly occur. According to the 5 January 2011 Korea Herald, since July 1953 North Korea has violated the armistice 221 times, including 26 military attacks
1950s
16 February 1958: North Korean agents hijack a South Korean airliner to Pyongyang en route from Pusan to Seoul; 1 American pilot, 1 American passenger, 2 West German passengers, and 24 other passengers were released in early March, but 8 other passengers remained in the North.[3]
1960s
1964: North Korea creates an underground group: Revolution Party for Reunification, this group is ground down and eliminated by South Korean authorities by 1969 [4]
April 27, 1965: Two North Korean MiG-17s attack a United States EC-121 Warning Star reconnaissance plane above the Sea of Japan, 80 km (50 mi) from the North Korean shore. The aircraft was damaged, but managed to land at Yokota Air Base, Japan.[5][6]
January 17, 1968: In an incident known as the Blue House Raid, a 31-man detachment from the Korean People's Army secretly crosses the DMZ on a mission to kill South Korean President Park Chung-hee on January 21, nearly succeeding. The incursion was discovered after South Korean civilians confronted the North Koreans and informed the authorities. After entering Seoul disguised as South Korean soldiers, the North Koreans attempt to enter the Blue House (the official residence of the President of South Korea). The North Koreans are confronted by South Korean police and a firefight ensued. The North Koreans fled Seoul and individually attempted to cross the DMZ back to North Korea. Of the original group of 31 North Koreans, 28 were killed, one was captured, and two are unaccounted for. Additionally, 68 South Koreans were killed and 66 were wounded, the majority of whom were soldiers and police officers. Three American soldiers were also killed and three were wounded.[7]
January 23, 1968: The United States Naval ship the USS Pueblo is boarded and captured, along with its crew, by North Korean forces in the Sea of Japan. The entire crew of 83 is captured, with the exception of one sailor killed in the initial attack on the vessel, and the vessel was taken to a North Korean port. All the captives were released on December 23 of the same year via the Bridge of No Return at the DMZ. The USS Pueblo is still in North Korean possession and is docked in Pyongyang and is on display as a museum ship.[8]
From March 1968 and March 1969, various military skirmishes took place in the Paektusan region between the North Korean and Chinese armed forces.[9]
October 30, 1968: From October 30 to November 2, 120 to 130 North Korean commandos land on the northeast shore of South Korea, allegedly to establish a base in order to wage a guerrilla war against the South Korean government. A total of 110 to 113 were killed, seven were captured, and 13 escaped. Around 20 South Korean civilians, law enforcement officers, and soldiers were killed.[6][10]
v

Er, Rogue, all that verbiage to announce that 4 American servicemen ( 5 too many, I agree). Four,. That's it, in 61 years?

Ottawa

#197124 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
March 1969: Six North Korean commandos kill a South Korean police officer near Jumunjin, Gangwon-do. Seven American soldiers are killed in a North Korean attack along the DMZ.[11]
April 1969: An EC-121, US reconnaissance plane is shot down 90 miles (140 km) east of the North Korean coast, leaving 31 dead.
November 1969: Four US soldiers are killed by North Koreans in the Demilitarized Zone.
December 11, 1969: North Korean agent Cho Ch'ang-hǔi hijacked a Korean Air Lines YS-11 flying from Gangneung Airbase in Gangneung, Gangwon-do to Gimpo International Airport in Seoul. It was carrying four crewmembers and 46 passengers (excluding Cho); 39 of the passengers were returned two months later, but the crew and seven passengers remained in North Korea. The aircraft was damaged beyond repair on landing.
1970s
April 1970: In Geumchon, a region of Paju south of the DMZ, a clash leaves three North Korean soldiers dead and five South Korean soldiers wounded.
June 1970: The North Korean navy seizes a broadcast vessel from the South near the Northern Limit Line. 20 crew are captured.
February 1974: Two South Korean fishing vessels are sunk and 30 crew detained by the North.
1974: The first tunnel into ROK is discovered (the three following tunnels were found in 1975, 1978, 1990)[12]
June 1976: An incursion south of the DMZ in Gangwon-do leaves three dead from the North and six from the South.
August 18, 1976: The Axe murder incident -- an attempt to clear brush in the Demilitarized Zone near Panmunjom ends with two US soldiers dead.
October 1979: Three North Koreans enter the eastern DMZ. One is killed.
December 1979: One US Army soldier killed, three US soldiers wounded after stumbling into a North Korean minefield in a heavy fog while patrolling DMZ. One body is recovered from the North Koreans five days later.
1980s
March 1980: Three North Koreans are killed while trying to cross the Han River estuary.
May 1980: North Koreans engage OP Ouillette on DMZ in firefight. One North Korean WIA.
March 1981: Three North Koreans try to enter the South in Geumhwa-eup, Cheorwon, Gangwon-do; one is killed.
July 1981: Three North Koreans are killed trying to cross the Imjin River to the South.
November 1984: Nine North Korean soldiers and one South Korean soldier die, and one American soldier is wounded during the firefight that erupted when a North Korean security detail chased a defecting Soviet citizen (Vasily Matusak) across the MDL into the southern-controlled sector of the Joint Security Area.
November 1987: One South Korean killed on DMZ central sector by North Korean sniper fire.
1990s
May 1992: Three Northern soldiers in South Korean uniforms are killed in Cheolwon, Gangwon-do; three South Korean soldiers are wounded.
December 1994: North Koreans shoot down US Army helicopter. One US KIA and one US POW for 13 days.
May 1995: North Korean forces fire on a South Korean fishing boat, killing three.
October 1995: Two armed North Koreans are discovered at the Imjin River; one is killed.
April 1996: Several hundred armed North Korean troops cross repeatedly into the Demilitarized Zone.
May 1996: Seven Northern soldiers cross south of the Demilitarized Zone, but withdraw after warning shots are fired.
May & June 1996: North Korean vessels twice cross the Northern Limit Line and have a several-hour standoff with the South Korean navy.
April 1997: Five North Korean soldiers cross the Demilitarized Zone in Cheolwon, Gangwon-do, and fire on South Korean positions.
June 1997: Three North Korean vessels cross the Northern Limit Line and attack South Korean vessels two miles (3 km) south of the line. On land, fourteen North Korean soldiers cross 70 m south of the center of the DMZ, leading to a 23-minute exchange of fire.
35 killed, 61 years. Too many. Still, how does that compare with Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan? And even Granada?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#197125 Jul 30, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Dick, so you do agree we are different people. LMAO!!!
Soory Dufus.

Neither twin understands sarcasm either.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now which twin always always put the LMAO at the beginning and which always always always put it at the end?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
wojar

Wilbraham, MA

#197126 Jul 30, 2014
Sorry, my typing sucks before 8 am

Ottawa

#197127 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue :

"April 1969: An EC-121, US reconnaissance plane is shot down 90 miles (140 km) east of the North Korean coast, leaving 31 dead.
November 1969: Four US soldiers are killed by North Koreans in the Demilitarized Zone."

It happened, and so unfortunate, though we'll never kinow if the EC-11 was over territorial waters or not. FYI, I'd rather take the U,.S,'s word for it that the EC-11 was NOT over N.Korean territorial waters.

Having said that, I wonder what you think of Nixon's reaction, which was NOTHING. Had Obama or Carter been in charge, would you have called them wusses?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#197128 Jul 30, 2014
Even Jimmy Carter's relatives distance themselves from him.

Jimmy Carter's grandson keeps distance from former president as he bids for US office
Jason Carter, who is running for governor of Georgia in bid to form latest US political dynasty, criticised for accepting grandfather's fund-raising despite distancing himself from ex-president's views on ...... Israel .....and ........ death penalty
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

Location hidden

#197129 Jul 30, 2014
While the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation tries to spin it a little differently.

Jimmy Carter calls role in his grandsonís campaign Ďminimalí
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-g...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#197130 Jul 30, 2014
Jacques,
Jane Byrne was right when she called the Chicago City council an evil cabal.
She was 'da mare' back in the 70's

O'Hare is their cash cow, yet Chicago gouges everyone who lives and visits the city.
The economies of scale should dictate otherwise.
When I visit Chicago I spend not one thin dime there unless it's for concert tickets.

Location hidden

#197132 Jul 30, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Rogue :
"April 1969: An EC-121, US reconnaissance plane is shot down 90 miles (140 km) east of the North Korean coast, leaving 31 dead.
November 1969: Four US soldiers are killed by North Koreans in the Demilitarized Zone."
It happened, and so unfortunate, though we'll never kinow if the EC-11 was over territorial waters or not. FYI, I'd rather take the U,.S,'s word for it that the EC-11 was NOT over N.Korean territorial waters.
Having said that, I wonder what you think of Nixon's reaction, which was NOTHING. Had Obama or Carter been in charge, would you have called them wusses?
Does "90 miles east" mean anything to you? Have you ever heard of the "12-mile" rule recognized by the U.N.?
Ah, Nixon was a PROGRESSIVE and he did order extensive bombing over North Vietnam and ordered the mining of Haiphong Harbor too so I would not call him a wimp.
And you probably have no idea what "SIGENT" is? It is Signal Intelligence which you do not nee to over fly an area to gather radio/radar signals. But is nice if you can get away from other sources of radio signals like over SOUTH Korea so being over open water is GOOD for SIGENT work. I wonder how I know things like that?
Oh, you miss typed "EC-11" twice.

Location hidden

#197133 Jul 30, 2014
During the Israeli-Syrian Air War of 1983 we found out through SIGENT that the Soviet ZSU-23-4 had TWO radar modes. We knew about one but what we did not know was that was only used in training. When they went in the combat mode they switched radar signals to one that was not detected on our AN/APR-39 radar warning device carried in our aircraft.
Because of our SIGENT we were able to fix our AN/APR-39s so our aircraft were better protected.
Hummmm, and just how would I know that? Could I have been a COMSEC Account holder with Fort Huachuca, AZ. You do know what they do at Fort Huachuca, don't you? You probably have never heard of the place!!!
Been there, done that!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Huachuca
Oh, if you ever saw the film 'Flight of the Intruder' you would have seen a ZSU-23-4 in operation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZSU-23-4

Location hidden

#197134 Jul 30, 2014
Oh, the TOW missile carried by the AH-1 Cobras had a time to engage to impact at three kilometers of about TEN seconds while the time to engage to impact from a ZSU-23-4 is only SIX seconds. Sort of like who is quickest with the draw, ain't it.
Now the Hellfire missile carried by the AH64 Apache is only SIX seconds as the Hellfire is a supersonic missile.
The TWO missile was wire controlled and trailed two wires as it flew so it was impossible to make it supersonic. The Hellfire is either self laser guided or self radar guided (AH-56D Low Bow Apache)
Oh, I never flew in a Cobra but I did have one hour logged in one because there was another pilot that had my same last name at Fort Rucker when I was there. A little clerical error.
And I have never been in an AH-56 either. You see I learned something in Vietnam. If you shot at people, they usually shot back!!!

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#197136 Jul 30, 2014
Jacques,
I'm just sayin' that there is no pocket the Chicago City Council is too proud not to pick.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#197137 Jul 30, 2014
wojar wrote:
"Jim Feltner, an impoverished Kentucky resident who lives off disability checks and $105 a month in food stamps. "
He's against the "welfare state", welfare that supports him, because he believes in guns, and is opposed to gay marriage and abortion.
ďI will vote for anybody against Obama. I donít care who runs against him, Iíll vote for him. I donít care if itís a Democrat, a Republican, an Indian, a Pakistani, even a Frenchman!Ē said Feltner.
http://tinyurl.com/ly429xt
Incidentally, on Topix.com , he probably is an oil bajillionaire.
Obama has been occupying the White House for nearly six years. What has Obama done in the past six years or ever for Mr Feltner or tens of millions of other United States citizens living in poverty? The real hypocrites are the people that defend Obama's economic policies. Obama's agenda is to raise taxes on the working people then to let bureaucrats waste it. There may be a hundred million people like Mr Feltner that are in poverty, Obama won't be satisfied until there are another hundred million that are broke. The Democrat party has never done anything in the best interests of our country or for the people that need jobs. Taxing the working people until only the top ten percent can afford a reasonable standard of living doesn't fix the problems,doesn't help the poor and isn't what the founders of our country envisioned for the future.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#197138 Jul 30, 2014
wojar wrote:
"Jim Feltner, an impoverished Kentucky resident who lives off disability checks and $105 a month in food stamps. "
He's against the "welfare state", welfare that supports him, because he believes in guns, and is opposed to gay marriage and abortion.
ďI will vote for anybody against Obama. I donít care who runs against him, Iíll vote for him. I donít care if itís a Democrat, a Republican, an Indian, a Pakistani, even a Frenchman!Ē said Feltner.
http://tinyurl.com/ly429xt
Incidentally, on Topix.com , he probably is an oil bajillionaire.
Do you expect Mr Feltner to give up his disability checks because he believes in The Constitution and Bill of Rights or because he believes in marriage or that marriage is between a man and a woman. If someone doesn't agree with Obama's radical left wing agenda that doesn't mean they must change their opinion or that they are wrong or even that they should be criticized for holding on to traditional values. It is unreasonable and ridiculous to expect any one to give up they morals,values, and principles just because Obama is occupying The White House.

Ottawa

#197139 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Even Jimmy Carter's relatives distance themselves from him.
Jimmy Carter's grandson keeps distance from former president as he bids for US office
Jason Carter, who is running for governor of Georgia in bid to form latest US political dynasty, criticised for accepting grandfather's fund-raising despite distancing himself from ex-president's views on ...... Israel .....and ........ death penalty
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
So, they disagreee on Israel and the death penalty? So? Is that not possible?

This shows how brave and strong Carter Sr was in the 70s when, despite his views that opposed a strong conservative racist state electorate, he was elected both governor and president.

Ottawa

#197140 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
And Jacquaeau thinks the Korean War ended in 1953 too!
It did, because no one declared war on anyone - didn't you read all the references I pointed out to you? The intervention in Korea was a UN police action, in which the U.S. was the main contributor along with smaller contributions from the UK,' France, NA, Australia, a host of other European countries and Canada. A U.N. POLICE ACTION, Rogue, and no one declared war on anyone. And WWI ended in Jan 2019, not the 1990s or whatever idiotic date.

Ottawa

#197141 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
While the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation tries to spin it a little differently.
Jimmy Carter calls role in his grandsonís campaign Ďminimalí
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-g...
So? What're you doing? Trying to show discord in the Carter family? The guy was president 34 years ago, this is his grandson. Things have changed, the world, the U.S, has evolved, Georgia is rid of the Maddoxes of this world in large part due to ...Jimmy Carter. Let him and his grandson disagree on policy, so what? Boy's not exactly running for the Republicans, is he now?

Ottawa

#197142 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "90 miles east" mean anything to you? Have you ever heard of the "12-mile" rule recognized by the U.N.?
Ah, Nixon was a PROGRESSIVE and he did order extensive bombing over North Vietnam and ordered the mining of Haiphong Harbor too so I would not call him a wimp.
And you probably have no idea what "SIGENT" is? It is Signal Intelligence which you do not nee to over fly an area to gather radio/radar signals. But is nice if you can get away from other sources of radio signals like over SOUTH Korea so being over open water is GOOD for SIGENT work. I wonder how I know things like that?
Oh, you miss typed "EC-11" twice.
"Does 90 miles east mean anything to you?", you wrote.

Can't you read what I wrote, namely : "though we'll never kinow if the EC-11 was over territorial waters or not. FYI, I'd rather take the U,.S,'s word for it that the EC-11 was NOT over N.Korean territorial waters."

And bombing North Vietnam and mining Haiphong Harbour --- what does that have to do with not doing anything about the downing of the spy plane? Nothing. It took guts to bomb N. Vietnam and mine the harbour? Really? Then LBJ had even more guts, based on your judgement. He used agent orange against the enemy. Nixon's bombs and mining are long gone, whereas decades after the Vietnam war, generations of Vietnamese are still suffering from the effects of that vile chemical.

Ottawa

#197143 Jul 30, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
During the Israeli-Syrian Air War of 1983 we found out through SIGENT that the Soviet ZSU-23-4 had TWO radar modes. We knew about one but what we did not know was that was only used in training. When they went in the combat mode they switched radar signals to one that was not detected on our AN/APR-39 radar warning device carried in our aircraft.
Because of our SIGENT we were able to fix our AN/APR-39s so our aircraft were better protected.
Hummmm, and just how would I know that? Could I have been a COMSEC Account holder with Fort Huachuca, AZ. You do know what they do at Fort Huachuca, don't you? You probably have never heard of the place!!!
Been there, done that!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Huachuca
Oh, if you ever saw the film 'Flight of the Intruder' you would have seen a ZSU-23-4 in operation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZSU-23-4
Yawn. Tell me something I don't know,. If only you knew...
Dale

Wichita, KS

#197144 Jul 30, 2014
[QUOTE who="wojar/Dick"] <quoted text>
Soory Dufus.
Neither twin understands sarcasm either.
<quoted text>[/QUOTE]LMAO!!! Dick, it is hard to interpret your stupid comments as sarcasm, they are what they are, stupid comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Patrick 1,220,759
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Mothra 52,886
Ask Amy 4-25-15 18 min Mister Tonka 6
Dear Abby 4-27-15 23 min Mister Tonka 8
abby 4-26 1 hr Blunt Advice 5
Ask Amy 4-27-15 1 hr Stina2 6
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RACE 8,018
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]