1) Yep, EVERYONE that lived in Iraq while Saddamn was in power was, for all practices purposes, a slave. Just like Soviet Russia!!!<quoted text>
You : "True, you needed a travel permit to leave Iraq under Saddamn Husein and Saddamn needed slaves." Catholics were slaves? Really? And please show some proof that Iraqis needed permits to leave Iraq. That is not my understanding;
2. How long in South Korea? Much too long, 64 years. But,hey, it suits the South Koreans a lot more than it suits the U.S., And, unlike Afghanistan and Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been killed since 1953, except for the odd incident. And South Korea, like Germany, offsets a lot of the cost of "occupation". And , strategically, it used to suit the U.S. geographically though that is no longer necessary, what with faster transport and instant communications;
3. Don't deny the persecution of today's Christians in Iraq, please. And ,in Saddam's day, they were not persecuted unless they opposed Saddam. They were smart, most did not, why, one of them was even the foreign minister. Did you even know that Iraq was a secular state, one of the rare ones in the M.Eeast? Why bring your number 1 enemy into this, S.Arabia, which persecutes anyone who is not Muslim? You invaded the wrong country, then invited their prince to the Bush ranch 2 days after 9/11. Great.;
4. No one denies Saddam gased Kurds. He was a cruel tyrant. No one denies that. I didn't say he protected Kurds;
5. Yes, you're right. Foreign minister, Azis was. My bad. Anyhow --- well, faith was practiced without crucifixes. Not bad;
6.Again with the religion of the presidents. I've told you a million times, and I don't care if presidents were Repub or Dem, they all went to Sunday services to garner votes, EXCEPT Carter who was the only devout and sincere Christian. How many times do I have to repeat that?
2) No US casualties in and around South Korea since 1953? That is not hard to shoot holes in. In 1969 we had 31 Americans killed by North Korea alone!!!
3) But they could not practice their Christian faith either. No cross allowed on the outside of your church nor the inside. Caught with a Bible, EXECUTED!1969 EC-121 shootdown incident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1969 EC-121 shootdown incident occurred on April 15, 1969 when a United States Navy Lockheed EC-121M Warning Star on a reconnaissance mission was shot down by North Korean MiG-17 aircraft over the Sea of Japan. The plane crashed 90 nautical miles (167 km) off the North Korean coast and all 31 Americans on board were killed.
The Nixon administration chose not to retaliate against North Korea apart from staging a naval demonstration in the Sea of Japan a few days later. Instead it resumed the reconnaissance flights within a week to demonstrate that it would not be intimidated by the action while at the same time avoiding a confrontation.
5) So Saddamn did not have them crucified. Just a bullet in the back of the head is all. And you are okay with that too!!!
6) And Carter was the ONLY devout Christian? Reagan and both Bushs are too!