BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Comments (Page 8,683)

Showing posts 173,641 - 173,660 of174,493
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195626
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment on Boehner? Do you think he should continue holding that important job?
Do you think he and his Repubs and Tea partyers have accomplished much, have passed much legislation the last 2 years? What do you think of their obstruction record? What about not bringing legislation to a vote, like the bipartisan immigration bill?
You wrote : "I "still" think Lil "o" is tooting" Ðoes that mean the president is lying? If so, can you give us a few samples, remembering that election pledges not fulfilled (bills rejected by House don't count) are not lies or promises that are not kept for reasons good or bad are not lies either. Let's have them.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what Boehner's personal life is like. I've seen no reason to think he shouldn't keep his job. I don't think Lil "o" has even attempted to work with republicans. You want to place blame? Place it where it belongs, Lil "o"! He's played politics with every issue that has come up, instead of taking action. It's quite obvious you have no real point to make here. You just want to do what you do best----HATE! And, you bet your azz Lil "o" is lying. But really, your petty, little attempt at mudslinging is silly, at best. As your bud says, GROW UP! LMAO!!! floater
The Republicans have passed a lot of legislation in the past few years but the problem is that Dirty Hair Read will not allow any votes in the Senate on any Republican legislation! So stop blaming the Republicans for everything.
Remember ObamaCare was passed without one Republican vote and the law is so bad that Obama has made 38 Executive changes to the law (most of which are ILLEGAL changes).
Silly Libtards think Heritage Plan = RomneyCare = ObamaCare which is blatantly false!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195627
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

2

2

1

On Aug 30, 1981 I had a CONTAINED compressor failure on a Chinook helicopter engine. It was an T-55-L11ASA series engine which was problematic and the Army engine mechanic did not catch a problem on TWO engines.
Eight days before my engine failure we had another aircarft with the same engine failure (only $500,000 engines(1981)) and after my engine failure they reinspected this mechanics work and found four other engines that were getting ready to blow.
Oh, the Army was modifying the engines at overhaul time from the L11-ASAs to the L11D. The ASA had variable inlet guide vanes and the D engine had them replaced with fixed guide vanes.
As the pivot points in the guide vanes wore down, it would set up a harmonic vibration at the front of the engine and the guide vanes would fail and be ingested into the compressor resulting in a total compressor failure with a fireball shooting out the front of the engine and several large bangs (engine reports (sounds like canons going off)).
Oh, if the pilot screws up, the pilot dies.
If the weather forecaster screws up, the pilot dies.
If the Air Traffic Controller screws up, the pilot dies.
If the refueler screws up, the pilot dies.
If the mechanic screws up, the pilot .... dies.
And remember, pilots are always the first at the scene of the accident!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195628
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

LRS wrote:
Arrest Lerner!
Apparently our Constitution gives arrest powers to each House of Congress but no one has ever done it before and Speaker Bonehead does not want to be the first Speaker to do so, so it most probably will not happen.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195629
Saturday Jul 12
 
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's almost as if you can smell the alcohol just looking at the guy.
Overall, I must say that alcoholics are the most difficult people I have ever had to deal with.
Do you want to compare Speaker Bonehead to Teddy Kennedy? DUI vehicular murder!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195630
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BTW, twice in Vietnam I flew DRUNK. On both occasions I was not scheduled to fly so I got drunk the night before only to be awoken before sun rise and told they needed me to fly.
The second time I was the Air Mission Commander with eight Huey Slicks and Two Huey Gunships and at nine AM not only was I still drunk I was getting heat prostrated so the Ground Mission Commander, a LTC, shut us down until after lunch.
Yep, I was a 20 y/o AMC my last four months in Vietnam and took the platoon out when the platoon leader could not. And even drunk I was a pretty good pilot.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195632
Saturday Jul 12
 
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Well, the sum of local weather is Global CLIMATE and since 2007 the Earth has been cooling. Even Dr. James Hansen's NASA-GISS has agreed!!!!
Nonsense!

http://www.utexas.edu/know/2010/11/11/climate...

Is there evidence of global cooling?

"When scientists take a five-year running average of global surface temperatures (red line), Earth has clearly been warming for several decades. Image: NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies."

"Another key in establishing long term trends is to show that it is independent of specific start and end dates. In this case, if you start with the year 1997 or the year 1999 and then run forward to the present, the apparent cooling trend evaporates and you’re left with a clear warming trend."

" Scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) have determined that 2005 was actually the warmest and that 1998 is in a statistical tie for second place with four other years: 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2007."

---

So 2007 is in a statistical tie for second place for warmest year on record. One does not base a cooling trend on a specific starting date, such as 2007, as noted above. Rouge is clueless.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195633
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment on Boehner? Do you think he should continue holding that important job?
Do you think he and his Repubs and Tea partyers have accomplished much, have passed much legislation the last 2 years? What do you think of their obstruction record? What about not bringing legislation to a vote, like the bipartisan immigration bill?
You wrote : "I "still" think Lil "o" is tooting" Ðoes that mean the president is lying? If so, can you give us a few samples, remembering that election pledges not fulfilled (bills rejected by House don't count) are not lies or promises that are not kept for reasons good or bad are not lies either. Let's have them.
<quoted text>
The Republicans have passed a lot of legislation in the past few years but the problem is that Dirty Hair Read will not allow any votes in the Senate on any Republican legislation! So stop blaming the Republicans for everything.
Remember ObamaCare was passed without one Republican vote and the law is so bad that Obama has made 38 Executive changes to the law (most of which are ILLEGAL changes).
Silly Libtards think Heritage Plan = RomneyCare = ObamaCare which is blatantly false!!!
Apart from almost brankrupting the country by trying to repeal laws already legislated and approved by the House , Senate, Supreme court and the president, please indicate the legislation the Repubs have passed except emergency aid which it has a hard time continuing, going into recess while forgetting all about it.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195634
Saturday Jul 12
 
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what Boehner's personal life is like. I've seen no reason to think he shouldn't keep his job. I don't think Lil "o" has even attempted to work with republicans. You want to place blame? Place it where it belongs, Lil "o"! He's played politics with every issue that has come up, instead of taking action. It's quite obvious you have no real point to make here. You just want to do what you do best----HATE! And, you bet your azz Lil "o" is lying. But really, your petty, little attempt at mudslinging is silly, at best. As your bud says, GROW UP! LMAO!!! floater
HATE? Me? Tell me who I hate and I'll tell you who you hate with a passion, based on racism ; Obama. All the positives I laid out yesterday, and the negatives,'cuz there are some also, no comment on the former, only the latter. HATE you say? Projection, projection. Hate is a waste of time, I don't hate anyone. But you seem to be more than willing to waste YOUR tme.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195635
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently our Constitution gives arrest powers to each House of Congress but no one has ever done it before and Speaker Bonehead does not want to be the first Speaker to do so, so it most probably will not happen.
YOUR Repub speaker may be the first one to be arrested.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195636
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to compare Speaker Bonehead to Teddy Kennedy? DUI vehicular murder!!!
Yes. Only difference is, Kennedy got caught. FYI,and as positive as his subsequent tenure was as senator, he should've done the right thing after Kopechne (not sure of spelling) died and resigned.
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195637
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Executive level experience? Was he not partner in a law firm? Did he not deal with companies and all gov't levels as a community organiser? As to "Executive level experience" :
It seems to me that the great majority of presidents since Independence were lawyers, except for the odd actor here and there. Result? Some good and bad ones, and prior profession seems to have had little to do with it.
Many were previously governors Jacques, including the odd actor. "Community Organizer"? Are you kidding? How anyone can throw that one in as a qualification for president of the United States with a straight face is fooling themselves and reaching for straws. This presidents resume was ridiculously thin, and seriously lacking any depth of foreign policy experience and the world along with our country is paying a heavy price at the moment as a result. Partner in a law firm? An affirmative action hire. Just this last weekend, Chicago had over 80 shootings Jacques, but all of those shootings were the guns fault. The people are all good. This president is a pathetic joke and history will remember him as such. Enjoy your day in front of the computer changing the world, I'm going golfing with my family.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195638
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Many were previously governors Jacques, including the odd actor. "Community Organizer"? Are you kidding? How anyone can throw that one in as a qualification for president of the United States with a straight face is fooling themselves and reaching for straws. This presidents resume was ridiculously thin, and seriously lacking any depth of foreign policy experience and the world along with our country is paying a heavy price at the moment as a result. Partner in a law firm? An affirmative action hire. Just this last weekend, Chicago had over 80 shootings Jacques, but all of those shootings were the guns fault. The people are all good. This president is a pathetic joke and history will remember him as such. Enjoy your day in front of the computer changing the world, I'm going golfing with my family.
Based on his first term he was RE-ELECTED. After his first term, the charge that he didn't have the experience was baseless.

Grow up and quit whining.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195639
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, from about 800 to about 1200 we had the Medeival Warm period. Although there is no evidence it also happened south of the equator there is ample evidence it affected the Northern Hemisphere. And there is no evidence it DID NOT happen south of the equator either. But the point being, the Earth returned to "normal" after four hundred years of warming!!!
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is still no evidence that it was a global event. Sorry Rouge, that's a fact.
"The Medieval Warm Period was not a global phenomenon. Warmer conditions were concentrated in certain regions. Some regions were even colder than during the Little Ice Age. "
http://www.skepticalscience.com/print.php...
Rougetard: "But the point being, the Earth returned to "normal" after four hundred years of warming!!!"
What point Rougie? Did anyone say that climate change was irreversible?
How do YOU know it was NOT a global event? Because a loony-left site says so?!? The sole purpose of skepticalscience is to PROMOTE man-made Global Warming and the truth gets in their way so they re-wright history..
Now this is about the Little Ice Age and if you take the time to read it it does prove that the Little Ice Age effected the WHOLE Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
But your Libtardian Logic dictates that because there is NO evidence that the Southern Hemisphere was effected by the Medeival Warm Period, it must not have been. Anything to prove that YOU are right. Well, less than forty years ago you Libtards claimed we were entering another Little Ice Age and you were wrong then so it is safe to assume you are wrong NOW!
Oh, why was to solar activity about the same during the Medieval Warm Period as it is during the current Modern Maximum?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age#m...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195640
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Many were previously governors Jacques, including the odd actor. "Community Organizer"? Are you kidding? How anyone can throw that one in as a qualification for president of the United States with a straight face is fooling themselves and reaching for straws. This presidents resume was ridiculously thin, and seriously lacking any depth of foreign policy experience and the world along with our country is paying a heavy price at the moment as a result. Partner in a law firm? An affirmative action hire. Just this last weekend, Chicago had over 80 shootings Jacques, but all of those shootings were the guns fault. The people are all good. This president is a pathetic joke and history will remember him as such. Enjoy your day in front of the computer changing the world, I'm going golfing with my family.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on his first term he was RE-ELECTED. After his first term, the charge that he didn't have the experience was baseless.
Grow up and quit whining.
Well, it is obvious he did not learn a damn thing during his first term in office as his second term is even worse!!! He still does not understand Cause and Effect of anything. He invites people to illegally enter American and not we wants CONGRESS to stop it!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195641
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mexico is complicit with the movement of illegal aliens to our southern border. So we are not obligated to return these illegals to THEIR countries but to the border to where they illegally entered. And if Mexico will not let us, why we fly them across in helicopters and drop them off.
Well, would Mexico dare shoot one of our helicopters out of the sky? Yep, Mexico shoots down Chinook with 33 aliens on board!!!
Oh, there are 36 seats on a Chinook. Pilot, copilot and crew chief plus 33 passenger seats. I wonder how I know those things?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195642
Saturday Jul 12
 
Oh, this site debunks skepticalscience's site!!!
http://www.co2science.org/subject/m/summaries...

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195643
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, this site debunks skepticalscience's site!!!
http://www.co2science.org/subject/m/summaries...
It may seem that way, if you're scientifically illiterate.

Pure BUNK:
"It is much more realistic and reasonable to believe that it was the result of a millennial-scale oscillation of climate that is global in scope and driven by some regularly-varying forcing factor."

Current computer models account for the Medieval Warming period and Little Ice Age. There is no mysterious magic unknown forcing factor.

Furthermore, the Medieval Warming period was in part caused by changes in volcanic activity which combined with increased solar irradiation. Thus even if it were global in nature, it in no way indicates that the current climate change trend is not caused in significant part by anthropogenic CO2.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195644
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Climate scientists now understand that the Medieval Warm Period was caused by an increase in solar radiation and a decrease in volcanic activity, which both promote warming. Other evidence suggests ocean circulation patterns shifted to bring warmer seawater into the North Atlantic. As we’ll see in the next section, those kinds of natural changes have not been detected in the past few decades. Charles Jackson noted that when computer models take into account paleoclimatologists’ reconstructions of solar irradiance and volcanoes for the past 1,000 years, the models reproduce the Little Ice Age and Medieval Warm Period. Those events turn out to not be random noise after all."

http://www.utexas.edu/know/2010/11/11/climate...

And it goes without saying that those events turned out not to be caused by mysterious magical forcings alluded to by the CO2 pseudoscience rag.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195645
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to compare Speaker Bonehead to Teddy Kennedy? DUI vehicular murder!!!
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Only difference is, Kennedy got caught. FYI,and as positive as his subsequent tenure was as senator, he should've done the right thing after Kopechne (not sure of spelling) died and resigned.
Well, I use to be a binge drinker and frequently drove drunk until about 1975 and then I smarten up. Sure I should have been arrested and maybe would have smartened up sooner.
But what evidence to you have that Speaker Bonehead currently abuses alcohol? And aren't you the ones who claimed Ted Nugent was also a druggy with little more than hearsay?
There was much more evidence that Teddy Kennedy had a serious drinking problem for years.
Oh, I have been working on the same bottle of vodka for about 13 months now and I am still working on a care of 8oz. Buds I got in March so I think I fixed my alcohol problem decades ago!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195646
Saturday Jul 12
 
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It may seem that way, if you're scientifically illiterate.
Pure BUNK:
"It is much more realistic and reasonable to believe that it was the result of a millennial-scale oscillation of climate that is global in scope and driven by some regularly-varying forcing factor."
Current computer models account for the Medieval Warming period and Little Ice Age. There is no mysterious magic unknown forcing factor.
Furthermore, the Medieval Warming period was in part caused by changes in volcanic activity which combined with increased solar irradiation. Thus even if it were global in nature, it in no way indicates that the current climate change trend is not caused in significant part by anthropogenic CO2.
Did the Mount Pinatubo eruption in 1991 effect our climate? Was that during the MWP? In fact there are a lot of documented volcanic eruptions in the past two decades that are well documented!!! In each case the temps went DOWN for a year or so and NOT up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 173,641 - 173,660 of174,493
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,821
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min danetoo 67,890
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hey now 45,763
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr frankensnorter 48,848
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 2 hr Must be you 7
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 2 hr WeDoneOutBabiedThemDevils 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••