BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 219244 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#195450 Jul 9, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
When I say "Ping", I am mocking everything aviation.
And yes, those people should not have been flying.
loose
Why, I have flown over 7,000 hours all accident free to include over a thousand hours over Sunny South Vietnam!. I have more than a few friends who have crashed three or four times! One of them totaled out three Chinooks. He even invented an emergency that said could never happen in a Chinook but after his accident they had an emergency procedure for it!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#195451 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
Why does Chelsea Clinton get up to $75K for a speech? Guess it's true, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
Should she turn them down or do them for nothing?

I would wager that she knows a lot more than the average person. And who she knows? Her father was governor, president, her mother 1st lady , senator and Sec of State. It's not that she knows them, they are her parents. Should she go in hiding, should she ignore them like they didn't exist?

Location hidden

#195452 Jul 9, 2014
I heard Fox News' Greg Gutfeld say earlier today that the only time Liberals get upset with gang related terrorism is when it is happening to Hispanics in El Salvador or Guatemala. They don't give a damn about blacks in Shitcago!!!!
Thank you Greg. I love your words of witdoms.

Ottawa

#195453 Jul 9, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
It was not like this before October of last year. Not by a long shot.
How would you like to have heavy industry parked over your head all day every day?
Number 1 : What're you complaining about? Thought you lived in French Polynesia. Is there an airport nearby?

Number 2 : On the serious side, how long have you lived near O"Hare? Who was there first?

Location hidden

#195454 Jul 9, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Number 1 : What're you complaining about? Thought you lived in French Polynesia. Is there an airport nearby?
Number 2 : On the serious side, how long have you lived near O"Hare? Who was there first?
He rides the train! To where I have no idea but he said he rides trains.

Location hidden

#195455 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
Why does Chelsea Clinton get up to $75K for a speech? Guess it's true, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
<quoted text>
I would wager that she knows a lot more than the average person. And who she knows? Her father was governor, president, her mother 1st lady , senator and Sec of State. It's not that she knows them, they are her parents. Should she go in hiding, should she ignore them like they didn't exist?
She probably told them how her mother solved the intern problem. She started to hire only guys. But then she found out Chelsea was dating one so she confronted her daughter.
"You're not having sex with that intern, are you?"
"Well, not according to Dad, I'm not!"
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195456 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm not saying she shouldn't take the money. I'm just curious what makes her worth 75K a speech. If she didn't have the parents that she does, I doubt she'd be asked to speak anywhere. Is that equality?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195457 Jul 9, 2014
Alright, I need some feedback.

What is your favorite muscle car from say, 65 - 73? I'm toying with the idea of buying a restored one. Anyone have any favorites?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#195458 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
See. Romper CAN learn something new. Well not new - thousands of years old but still new to Romper

Ottawa

#195460 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably told them how her mother solved the intern problem. She started to hire only guys. But then she found out Chelsea was dating one so she confronted her daughter.
"You're not having sex with that intern, are you?"
"Well, not according to Dad, I'm not!"
Old, moronic, stupid and, any reason you're going after Chelsea now?

Ottawa

#195461 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying she shouldn't take the money. I'm just curious what makes her worth 75K a speech. If she didn't have the parents that she does, I doubt she'd be asked to speak anywhere. Is that equality?
Her father was number 1, her mother soon-to-be number 1 - what's she supposed to do? Reply that, yeah, if I were just an ordinary person, I wouldn't be making all this money. Therefore, and from now on, I'm doing free speaking engagements. Equality? Her parents, like them or not, studied and worked hard for what they got. I'm sure they are happy their daughter is profiting from it all. Equality has nothing to do with it. We have a swanky neighbourhood here in Ottawa called Rockliffe. Not a home under 1.5 million. I 'm not even sure I can afford to breathe the same air. Equality? &#358;heir kids are way ahead of mine money-wise. What's equality got to do with that?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#195464 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying she shouldn't take the money. I'm just curious what makes her worth 75K a speech. If she didn't have the parents that she does, I doubt she'd be asked to speak anywhere. Is that equality?
Why did Palin's kid get a TV show? Was that also an equality problem?

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#195465 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>A $10.10 minimum wage is still less than the 1968 minimum wage of $1.60 after adjusting for inflation
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
So!?! What caused the Recession of 1969-70? In 1966 I had at One for $0.90 an hour( was 15 y/o) and the following Summer I has a job that paid $1.35 an hour (I was 16).
<quoted text>
No, you did NOT answer my question which was "What caused the Recession of 1969-70?". And the correct answer was the rise in minimum wage in 1968 caused the recession of 1969-70!!!
I now, "stupid Libtard" is a double negative but you will never understand cause and effect for anything. That is why most people you drive drunk are Liberals.
Mister Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc wants to talk about cause and effect? Way too funny.

Actually Rougie, I did answer your question, which was why raise the minimum wage to $10.10 rather than to $8.00. Are you having a memory lapse? Your question about the recession was AFTER I posted my reply. Was I supposed to read your mind and answer a question you had not posed yet, as you had not yet decided to MOVE THE GOALPOST?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>A $10.10 minimum wage is still less than the 1968 minimum wage of $1.60 after adjusting for inflation.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#195466 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>A $10.10 minimum wage is still less than the 1968 minimum wage of $1.60 after adjusting for inflation
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
So!?! What caused the Recession of 1969-70? In 1966 I had at One for $0.90 an hour( was 15 y/o) and the following Summer I has a job that paid $1.35 an hour (I was 16).
<quoted text>
No, you did NOT answer my question which was "What caused the Recession of 1969-70?". And the correct answer was the rise in minimum wage in 1968 caused the recession of 1969-70!!!
I now, "stupid Libtard" is a double negative but you will never understand cause and effect for anything. That is why most people you drive drunk are Liberals.
1969 recession caused by a rise in the minimum wage in 1968?

I don't think so.

According to the paper entitled “Current Economic Recession: How long, how deep and how different from the Past? Authored by economists Marc Labonte and Gail Makinen of the Congressional Research Service dated January 10, 2002 , the following information is provided:

The 1969-1970 recession was preceded by a period of unsustainable growth that led to accelerating inflation, which rose from 3.1% in 1967 to 4.3% in 1968, 4.9% in 1969, and 5.3% in 1970. Many contemporary observers attributed this boom and bust pattern to the fiscal policy stance of the time. As a percentage of GDP, the actual budget deficit rose from 1.1% in 1967 to 2.9% in 1968, and the structural budget deficit rose from 2.6% to 3.5%. During a period of full employment, this increase in the deficit is likely to be highly inflationary. Many argued that the easing of fiscal policy was spurred by growing American military involvement in Vietnam and the government’s purported unwillingness to raise taxes
to finance it. In retrospect, however, monetary policy and a spike in oil prices might
have played a larger role in the cause of the recession than they were assigned by
contemporaries.

A belated effort was made to reduce the budget deficit, which reduced aggregate
spending. In 1968 and 1969, temporary 10% surcharges were applied to individual
income and corporate taxes, ostensibly to curb inflation. Later, the Tax Reform Act
of 1969 was passed. It was advertised as a measure to reform the tax code and close
certain loopholes, but also had the effect of raising revenue by 0.2% of GDP in 1970.
Its major provisions were the repeal of the investment tax credit (revenue raising), the
restriction of the tax exempt status of foundations (revenue raising), a broadening of
the individual income tax base (revenue raising), and an increase in the income tax’s
standard deduction and personal exemption (revenue reducing). In addition, the Act
extended the temporary surcharges for the first six months of 1970 at a rate of 5%
(reduced from the previous 10%), raising tax revenues an additional 0.4% of GDP.30
The result of these efforts, along with a reduction in military outlays, produced an
actual surplus of 0.3% of GDP in 1969 – the last surplus until 1998. This still
represented a structural budget deficit of 1.1% of GDP, however. The drop-off in
economic activity in 1970 returned the budget to a deficit equivalent to 0.3% of GDP.
In structural terms, however, fiscal policy was in fact slightly tighter than in 1969: the
structural deficit was reduced to 0.8% of GDP.

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/7...

nowhere in this paper did government economists mentioned the minimum wage increase in 1968 as a contributing factor in the 1969 recession.

Did you mention a one time that you earned a A.A. degree? Prove it.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195467 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Her father was number 1, her mother soon-to-be number 1 - what's she supposed to do? Reply that, yeah, if I were just an ordinary person, I wouldn't be making all this money. Therefore, and from now on, I'm doing free speaking engagements. Equality? Her parents, like them or not, studied and worked hard for what they got. I'm sure they are happy their daughter is profiting from it all. Equality has nothing to do with it. We have a swanky neighbourhood here in Ottawa called Rockliffe. Not a home under 1.5 million. I 'm not even sure I can afford to breathe the same air. Equality? &#358;heir kids are way ahead of mine money-wise. What's equality got to do with that?
Weren't you just harping about fairness and equality? Read my post, I'm curious what makes her speaking engagements worth $75K.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195468 Jul 9, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Palin's kid get a TV show? Was that also an equality problem?
A TV show?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#195469 Jul 9, 2014
ping - a virtual "poke" (email, instant message, etc.) usually sent for reminder purposes

Urban Dictionary
Frank

Spokane, WA

#195470 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
In Cuba, 99% of the population earns a whopping $18 per month. The other 1%, politicos and other bastards, earn more and spend a lot of their time in Florida where they own villas - did you know that? I can't prove it with evidence, I just happen to know it, and believe me it's true.
Anyhow, I gave Cuba as an example of "equality" not being "equal" at all and looney bin at best. Sure, CEOs and higher brass should earn more than ordinary employees - normal. But not exaggeratingly (sic) so. And,as I said, those big shots do not own, have not founded those companies. GE, Boeing, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Apple, the big banks, pharmaceuticals, etc, are you telling me their owners are running them?
Citing your friend as example is exactly what I meant. Getting rich, living above his means at the expense of his workers, whose only fault was diligently working for him. Yes,I am upset at big companies that set their employees adrift - when not laying them off and exporting their jobs to China or Mexico. GM's recall woes come to mind. Who made those mistakes? The workers? Nope. The leaders of the company, those liars who didn't care their clients were at risk?- forget the key chain, Rogue and who knows, as people buy fewer GM products - who can blame them?- yes, who knows how many workers will be laid off?
New auto workers are being hired at a lower wage than the actual ones. Is that fair? Are new head office staff and executives and directors coming on for less pay?
Obama wants the United States to be more like Cuba. Do you really think that should be a goal?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#195471 Jul 9, 2014
LRS wrote:
Alright, I need some feedback.
What is your favorite muscle car from say, 65 - 73? I'm toying with the idea of buying a restored one. Anyone have any favorites?
I would go for the Plymouth Barracuda.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195472 Jul 9, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I would go for the Plymouth Barracuda.
Thanks. The ones I've seen are high dollar, as are most old mopars. People crave those old hemis. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,402,965
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 2 min dragoneye82 35
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,544
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,841
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 2 hr Joe Balls 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,264
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages