BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195120 Jul 5, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
YES. These damn 1 to 6 yr-old toddlers and their mothers. Shoot them DEAD. Bet they won't try to sneak across that border again !
I don't think it's possible to be a bigger idiot, than you. ddduuuuhhhhhhhhh

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#195121 Jul 5, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, as President, you can pick and choose which laws to uphold and which to ignore? WOWEE ZOWEE! LMAO!!!
UR complaining that he didn't ignore the law signed by Dumbya?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of the law signed by Dumbya that they MUST accept these children. Obama is merely following Dumbya's law, as he is required by the CONSTITUTION.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#195122 Jul 5, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I know the Libtards will summarily dismiss this because it was penned by Pat Buchanan but it will really because they can not submit an intellectually honest retort.
Nixon's 'Southern Strategy' and a Liberal Big Lie
Pat Buchanan's column is released twice a week.
By Pat Buchanan July 4, 2014
Pat Buchanan?

Is this the same Pat Buchanan who wrote the following:

"When the faith dies, the culture dies, the civilization dies, the people die. That is the progression. And as the faith that gave birth to the West is dying in the West, peoples of European descent from the steppes of Russia to the coast of California have begun to die out, as the Third World treks north to claim the estate. The last decade provided corroborating if not conclusive proof that we are in the Indian summer of our civilization."

or the following:

"Our intellectual, cultural, and political elites are today engaged in one of the most audacious and ambitious experiments in history. They are trying to transform a Western Christian republic into an egalitarian democracy made up of all the tribes, races, creeds, and cultures of planet Earth. They have dethroned our God, purged our cradle faith from public life, and repudiated the Judeo-Christian moral code by which previous generations sought to live."

or the following:

Perhaps some of us misremember the past. But the racial, religious, cultural, social, political, and economic divides today seem greater than they seemed even in the segregation cities some of us grew up in. Back then, black and white lived apart, went to different schools and churches, played on different playgrounds, and went to different restaurants, bars, theaters, and soda fountains. But we shared a country and a culture. We were one nation. We were Americans.

or the following:

This so-called ‘Holocaust Survivor Syndrome’ involves ‘group fantasies of martyrdom and heroics.’ Reportedly, half of the 20,000 survivor testimonies in Yad Vashem memorial in Jerusalem are considered ‘unreliable,’ not to be used in trials[…]The problem is: Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody.”

or the following:

"he [Hilter] was also an individual of great courage, a soldier’s soldier in the Great War, a leader steeped in the history of Europe, who possessed oratorical powers that could awe even those who despised him[…]His genius was an intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood in his path.”

Buchanan? Racist? Anti-semite? Xenophobic? holocaust denier?

Bristol, CT

#195123 Jul 5, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone is raised in Alabama during the time he was, it's a pretty safe bet to say he was racist. And, having known that for his entire life, I seriously question his change of heart.
As a USSC justice, appointed for life, his record stands for itself. U R FOS. He repudiated your deep south racism, as difficult as it may be for a Hattiesburg redneck to understand.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
What was his record on the court? Eh?
He repudiated the Klan and backed it up with is actions.

Bristol, CT

#195124 Jul 5, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone is raised in Alabama during the time he was, it's a pretty safe bet to say he was racist. And, having known that for his entire life, I seriously question his change of heart.
Oh wow, because Romper is stuck on racism, he cannot understand how Hugo Black could have reformed himself.

Pathetic.

Wha' how cooyed he o' done theyat?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#195125 Jul 5, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
If Justice Hugo Black did not change his heart while he was on the Supreme Court then why did he join the majority of the court in holding that the U.S. Constitution was violated in the following cases regarding racial inequity in the United States?

It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution in not allowing black citizens to vote in primary elections? United States v. Classics, 313 U.S. 299 (1941)?

It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for state laws to enforce private agreements that barred persons from ownership or occuipancy of ral property on racial grounds. Shelley v. Kramer 334 U.S. 1 (1948)?

It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for a state law to prevent a black student to be admitted to an all white state university law school. Sweatt v. Painter, 339 U.S. 629 (1950)?

It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for a hotel owner to refuse service to blacks. Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964)?

It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution to segregate public schools based on race. Brown v. Board of Education
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195126 Jul 5, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
UR complaining that he didn't ignore the law signed by Dumbya?
<quoted text>
I'm complaining that he has ignored the border problem. I'm complaining because he ignored the people telling him about the problem. His motive was, get them here, grant them amnesty and that will translate to votes (legally or otherwise). While he was playing politics, like he always does, the problem mushroomed. It is his duty to make sure the borders are secure, he hasn't. In fact, his recent National Monument designation just opened up a great corridor for smugglers and traffickers. Now, has Lil "o" ever really upheld the Constitution? Hell no. Gullible doesn't begin to describe you. LMAO!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195127 Jul 5, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
As a USSC justice, appointed for life, his record stands for itself. U R FOS. He repudiated your deep south racism, as difficult as it may be for a Hattiesburg redneck to understand.
<quoted text>
Seeing as how you weren't raised in the south or during that time period, sorry bubba, but you're the one FOS. You did notice the word "question" in my post, right?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195128 Jul 5, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
If Justice Hugo Black did not change his heart while he was on the Supreme Court then why did he join the majority of the court in holding that the U.S. Constitution was violated in the following cases regarding racial inequity in the United States?
It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution in not allowing black citizens to vote in primary elections? United States v. Classics, 313 U.S. 299 (1941)?
It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for state laws to enforce private agreements that barred persons from ownership or occuipancy of ral property on racial grounds. Shelley v. Kramer 334 U.S. 1 (1948)?
It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for a state law to prevent a black student to be admitted to an all white state university law school. Sweatt v. Painter, 339 U.S. 629 (1950)?
It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution for a hotel owner to refuse service to blacks. Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States, 379 U.S. 241 (1964)?
It was a violation of the U.S. Constitution to segregate public schools based on race. Brown v. Board of Education
The man said, "anything for a vote"! Hello??????

Bristol, CT

#195129 Jul 5, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm complaining that he has ignored the border problem. I'm complaining because he ignored the people telling him about the problem. His motive was, get them here, grant them amnesty and that will translate to votes (legally or otherwise). While he was playing politics, like he always does, the problem mushroomed. It is his duty to make sure the borders are secure, he hasn't. In fact, his recent National Monument designation just opened up a great corridor for smugglers and traffickers. Now, has Lil "o" ever really upheld the Constitution? Hell no. Gullible doesn't begin to describe you. LMAO!
Nonsense

He has deported way more aliens than Bush ever did.

And insofar as children are concerned, it was Bush's law that he is following.

You're FOS.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195130 Jul 5, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense
You're FOS.
Lil "o" used the law to lure votes. How constitutional of him! But, people are getting fed up with this administration's corrupt and lying ways. He'll run into more and more over the next couple of years. My guess is, blood will spill. When the people rise up to that level, SOMETHING IS BAD WRONG! Keep your head in the sand, it improves your looks considerably.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#195131 Jul 5, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense
You're FOS.
He forgot to deport himself! LMAO!!!
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#195132 Jul 6, 2014
Wow. Looks like Romper celebrated by spewing ignorance and racism all over the thread. Independence Day - just another ordinary day in Romperville

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#195133 Jul 6, 2014
I just love this. Now this is just wasting fuel as dark smoke just means incomplete combustion which means pour fuel mileage but to do it for a few seconds is just plain fun.
I use to keep a soda bottle filled with bird seeds and if a car was bugging me I would just roll my window down and poor out a few seeds and let them hit his car!!!

Conservatives Are Purposely Making Their Cars Spew Black Smoke To Protest Obama And Environmentalists
Business Insider By Hunter Walker 5 hours ago

Pickup trucks customized to spew black smoke into the air are quickly becoming the newest weapon in the culture wars.

"Coal Rollers" are diesel trucks modified with chimneys and equipment that can force extra fuel into the engine causing dark black smoke to pour out of the chimney stacks. These modifications are not new, but as Slate's Dave Weigel pointed out on Thursday, "rolling coal" has begun to take on a political dimension with pickup drivers increasingly viewing their smokestacks as a form of protest against environmentalists and Obama administration emissions regulations.

Last month, Vocativ noted many coal rollers focus their fumes on "nature nuffies," or people who drive hybrids, and "rice burners," or Japanese-made cars.

"The feeling around here is that everyone who drives a small car is a liberal," a roller named Ryan told Vocativ. "I rolled coal on a Prius once just because they were tailing me."
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/conservatives-pu...

Location hidden

#195134 Jul 6, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
Wow. Looks like Romper celebrated by spewing ignorance and racism all over the thread. Independence Day - just another ordinary day in Romperville
Looks like Learning to Read is troll for gays again!

Location hidden

#195135 Jul 6, 2014
wojar wrote:
Hugo Black resigned from the Klan. However, he was, for a time, a member. His voting record on the USSC shows that his resignation was genuine, and that he repudiated the Klan.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What was his home state, again?
Wotard forgot about the Dixiecrats who were DEMOCRATS who formed their own party after Harry S Truman desegregated the military many of whom where members of the KKK. Hey Wotard, how many REPUBLICANS were members of the KKK?
And in his sick mind people like Robert KKK Byrd repented but Dixiecrats like Strom Thurmond, who became a Republican 18 years after the Dixiecrat movement,[in Liberal's minds] DID NOT!!!
In other words, Robert KKK Byrd is okay whereas Strom Thurmond was a RACIST!!!
Oh, I use to know one of Stroms daughters. She married an Army officer who was a jerk and was forced to retire when I was stationed in Hawaii!!! The incident also caused MG Harry W. Brooks to retire too!

http://www.idvl.org/thehistorymakers/Bio284.h...

Location hidden

#195136 Jul 6, 2014
MG Harry Brooks was the CG of the 25th Infantry Division during the mid-1970s. He was the eighth black general and he pushed "race relations" while there.
Yes, you could see the 5th Dimension or the Ike and Tina Turner review on post for free but if you wanted to see Dolly Pardon .... it would cost you $20. To Libtards it was WHITES who had to see the BLACK side of things and not the other way around. Just like "Climate Change" only considers "Global Warming" and not "Global Cooling"!!!!
Anyway, I was at the dentist when Madam Brooks and their five children came in and everything stopped and they went to the front of the line. Ah, in the military, active duty patients are seen first and then dependents. If my wife was to be seen, she would have to wait for hours.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#195137 Jul 6, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like Learning to Read is troll for gays again!
Poor Rouge. Trying to fill in the homophobe gap created by Romper's nap time?

Location hidden

#195138 Jul 6, 2014
Oh, many years ago I was at a Navy BX waiting behind another person at the counter when I Navy captain (O-6) walked up behind me. The clerk stopped helping the man at the front of the short line and offered to help the captain.
The Navy captain chewed her out as in military BX/PX systems, all customers are equal! But he was WHITE and Madam Brooks was ..... BLACK.
Oh, military protocol says the wives of generals, congressmen, senators, etc. are all referred to as "Madam"! But I know that Colin Powell's wife, Alma, insisted on being called "Mrs." as my wife threw a coffee in which she attended.

Location hidden

#195139 Jul 6, 2014
The Myth of the Dixiecrat Switch of the Republican and Democratic parties
The left is quite annoyed that myself and others dare link the racist, segregationist past in this country to Democrats, at that flies in the face of everything they claim to champion, when it comes to civil rights, racial tolerance, etc.
The Democrats’ own website, to this day, attempts to take fraudulently credit for the civil rights movement and legislation, and when called on it, the recitation is the same:“we’ve grown” and “don’t forget about the Dixiecrats”.
Defensive liberals claim the Dixiecrats, as a whole, defected from the Democrat Party when President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (no thanks to Democrats), and became Republicans which they claimed were more accepting of segregationist policies.
Well, I decided to get some opinions on the matter from some historians.
I contacted Professor Larry Schweikart of the University of Dayton for advice. Larry and I worked on a documentary based on a chapter on Ronald Reagan from his best-selling book, A Patriot’s History of the United States.
The idea that “the Dixiecrats joined the Republicans” is not quite true, as you note. But because of Strom Thurmond it is accepted as a fact. What happened is that the **next** generation (post 1965) of white southern politicians — Newt, Trent Lott, Ashcroft, Cochran, Alexander, etc — joined the GOP.
So it was really a passing of the torch as the old segregationists retired and were replaced by new young GOP guys. One particularly galling aspect to generalizations about “segregationists became GOP” is that the new GOP South was INTEGRATED for crying out loud, they accepted the Civil Rights revolution. Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter led a group of what would become “New” Democrats like Clinton and Al Gore.
Larry also suggested I contact Mike Allen, Professor of History at the University of Washington, Tacoma (who also appeared in the Reagan documentary) for input.
There weren’t many Republicans in the South prior to 1964, but that doesn’t mean the birth of the souther GOP was tied to “white racism.” That said, I am sure there were and are white racist southern GOP. No one would deny that. But it was the southern Democrats who were the party of slavery and, later, segregation. It was George Wallace, not John Tower, who stood in the southern schoolhouse door to block desegregation! The vast majority of Congressional GOP voted FOR the Civil Rights of 1964-65. The vast majority of those opposed to those acts were southern Democrats. Southern Democrats led to infamous filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
The confusion arises from GOP Barry Goldwater’s vote against the ’64 act. He had voted in favor or all earlier bills and had led the integration of the Arizona Air National Guard, but he didn’t like the “private property” aspects of the ’64 law. In other words, Goldwater believed people’s private businesses and private clubs were subject only to market forces, not government mandates (“We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.”) His vote against the Civil Rights Act was because of that one provision was, to my mind, a principled mistake.
This stance is what won Goldwater the South in 1964, and no doubt many racists voted for Goldwater in the mistaken belief that he opposed Negro Civil Rights. But Goldwater was not a racist; he was a libertarian who favored both civil rights and property rights.
Switch to 1968.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,205,335
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min Cold Front 69,287
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min OzRitz 52,223
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 99,300
Amy 3-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 16
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr CDC 51,840
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]