BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 239566 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Learn to Read

United States

#194567 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, tell us which justices are Conservatives and which are Liberals? Come on now, you can do it!
What is your definition of liberal and conservative as those terms apply to a Judge?

If a Judge believes that they should interpret the law as written, if adopting the interpretation that results in a result of "it's Constitutional"is that liberal or conservative? What if they believe that they should try to discern the intent of the law and use that as their interpretation even if the plain language says something less? Is holding that a corporation is a person the act of a conservative Judge or a liberal?

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#194568 Jun 27, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, paranoia and panic is responsible. Think about it, a couple of young girls, accused of witchcraft, caused the townspeople to go into a full blown panic. The people chose not to use their common sense. Looks like a bunch of scared and paranoid people are responsible to me.
Common sense and religion? Sounds oxymoron to me. "“Where knowledge ends, religion begins.” Benjamin Disraeli
Just Me -

Los Angeles, CA

#194569 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, if you are religious, you will probably live longer if not happier. Libtards are just nasty people.
This Is the Chillest City in America?
The Atlantic Wire / By Ben Cosman June 25, 2014
New rankings out Wednesday from CNNMoney break down the most stressed out cities in America. But the real story here: Salt Lake City is the least stressed.
http://news.yahoo.com/chillest-city-america-1...
And yet not one mention in the article that religion was a contributing factor. I'd be a lot less stressed if my daily commute was cut in half and the cost of living in L.A. was lower. Why do you continuously believe that liberals cannot possibly be religious? I know a lot of liberals who are religious and a lot of conservatives that are not.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194570 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummm, if you are religious, you will probably live longer if not happier. Libtards are just nasty people.
This Is the Chillest City in America?
The Atlantic Wire / By Ben Cosman June 25, 2014
New rankings out Wednesday from CNNMoney break down the most stressed out cities in America. But the real story here: Salt Lake City is the least stressed.
http://news.yahoo.com/chillest-city-america-1 ...
Just Me - wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet not one mention in the article that religion was a contributing factor. I'd be a lot less stressed if my daily commute was cut in half and the cost of living in L.A. was lower. Why do you continuously believe that liberals cannot possibly be religious? I know a lot of liberals who are religious and a lot of conservatives that are not.
And you are what? It has been proven that people who are religious, live longer!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194571 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, tell us which justices are Conservatives and which are Liberals? Come on now, you can do it!
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of liberal and conservative as those terms apply to a Judge?
If a Judge believes that they should interpret the law as written, if adopting the interpretation that results in a result of "it's Constitutional"is that liberal or conservative? What if they believe that they should try to discern the intent of the law and use that as their interpretation even if the plain language says something less? Is holding that a corporation is a person the act of a conservative Judge or a liberal?
Deep Throat stated that the SCOTUS is overwhelmingly Conservative so I asked HIM. Personally, IMHO, there are 4our devout Liberals and 4our devout Conservatives with 1ne swing voter.
How many of the decisions are 5ive to 4our or 4our to 5ive? Probably more than half which brings me back to my opinion!!!
So, what is Deep Throats opinion? Now if you want to chime in, please do. If knot, butt the heck out!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194572 Jun 27, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense and religion? Sounds oxymoron to me. "“Where knowledge ends, religion begins.” Benjamin Disraeli
But where does commonsense begin (oh, it is all 1ne word)? Certainly not among the Social Liberals like yourself. Classic Liberals are the true free thinkers while you Social Liberals (Socialists, Progressives, Communists) are stuck in a left spiral.
Funny, that is what happen to John F.Kennedy Junior. He screwed his plane into the water.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194573 Jun 27, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of liberal and conservative as those terms apply to a Judge?
If a Judge believes that they should interpret the law as written, if adopting the interpretation that results in a result of "it's Constitutional"is that liberal or conservative? What if they believe that they should try to discern the intent of the law and use that as their interpretation even if the plain language says something less? Is holding that a corporation is a person the act of a conservative Judge or a liberal?
A Conservative goes by the original intent of the law while liberals try and figure ways laws from Europe will supersede our Constitution.

Justice Souter’s Class
By LINDA GREENHOUSE
June 3, 2010
But for those who care about the Supreme Court, Justice Souter served up some rich fare: his own vision of the craft of constitutional interpretation and a defense of the need for judges to go beyond the plain text — what he called the “fair-reading model”— and make choices among the competing values embedded in the Constitution.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/...
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#194574 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, tell us which justices are Conservatives and which are Liberals? Come on now, you can do it!

Deep Throat stated that the SCOTUS is overwhelmingly Conservative so I asked HIM. Personally, IMHO, there are 4our devout Liberals and 4our devout Conservatives with 1ne swing voter.
How many of the decisions are 5ive to 4our or 4our to 5ive? Probably more than half which brings me back to my opinion!!!
So, what is Deep Throats opinion? Now if you want to chime in, please do. If knot, butt the heck out!
I did chime in and I also asked you a question. Do you have an opinion or just width to vent stupidly?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#194575 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>A Conservative goes by the original intent of the law while liberals try and figure ways laws from Europe will supersede our Constitution.

Justice SouterÂ’s Class
By LINDA GREENHOUSE
June 3, 2010
But for those who care about the Supreme Court, Justice Souter served up some rich fare: his own vision of the craft of constitutional interpretation and a defense of the need for judges to go beyond the plain text — what he called the “fair-reading model”— and make choices among the competing values embedded in the Constitution.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/...
So pretending that you should follow Vatell makes one (ex Birfoon) a flaming liberal .... Finally something we agree on

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194576 Jun 27, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
I did chime in and I also asked you a question. Do you have an opinion or just width to vent stupidly?
Zip your fly up, you are trolling for the wrong person.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194577 Jun 27, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
So pretending that you should follow Vatell makes one (ex Birfoon) a flaming liberal .... Finally something we agree on
So pretending to be on this topix makes you a slimy troll.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194578 Jun 27, 2014
Well, for once Wiki agrees with me with the exception of Kennedy who I see as a Moderate.

Wiki; SCOTUS; Judicial leanings

As of the October 2012 term, the Court consists of five justices appointed by Republican presidents and four appointed by Democratic presidents.
It is popularly accepted that Chief Justice Roberts and justices Scalia, Thomas, and Alito (appointed by Republican presidents) comprise the Court's conservative wing.
Justices Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan (appointed by Democratic presidents) comprise the Court's liberal wing.
Justice Kennedy (appointed by President Reagan) is generally considered "a conservative who has occasionally voted with liberals", and is often the swing vote that determines the outcome of close cases.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194579 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a DEFECT or has the ignition switch overloaded by junk on their key chain? At what point will idiots be held responsible? Turning on a cruise control does not mean you do not need to steer, does it?
I gave up drunk, then drinking and, driving many years ago. That does not mean it is to drive with a BAC of 0.05% when 0.02 or below% would be safer!
Rogue, stop it. What is the matter with you? In Congressional hearings, the CEO of GM admitted they HID the defect, They don't have to pay damages, millions of dollars because GM went bankrupt. BUT, they will pay anyhow as they know they have a moral obligation.

This resembles WMDs. GWB goes on TV, says there were none. You still cling to the fable tha tthey were. Do GWB and GM pay your for this?
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#194580 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>So pretending to be on this topix makes you a slimy troll.
Poor Rouge. I know how facts upset you.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194581 Jun 27, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You? Just a guess. Paranoia and panic is what killed them. Why aren't you saying the fire killed them? Afterall, had they been shot, you'd say they were killed by a gun, right?
You wrote : "Just a guess. Paranoia and panic is what killed them" Really? Was not religion and its leaders. Well, well. Then , you will agree that Moslem fanatics are not killing in the name of Allah, or for religious reasons. Nope. Paranoia and panic is what does it.

Merci. No, mercy.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194582 Jun 27, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your skepticism comes from within you and it is directly related to your lack of faith. You're insecure, angry and fragile as a result. And, quit the out-right lying! You've provided NONE of my posts that we're talking about. ZERO. Now, put up or shut up JACQTARI! I bet you can't do either.
It's not skepticism. And certainly not within me, rather outside of me, surrounding me.You err 100%. Rahter, it's being informed through education, reading, conversations, travel, and seeing how the other half lives.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194583 Jun 27, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You would need to ask them, now wouldn't you?
2. Your opinion and misunderstanding, nothing more.
3. I'm not lost at all.
4. Man killed? Thank you!!!!!
5. So, the next time someone shoots and kills a person, will you say man or the gun did the killing?
6. Tap, tap, tap.....HOWDY! LMAO!
BTW, where are those posts that prove your position? LMAO!
So, you have not read the Bible. Got it.

Prove my position? YOU disprove it. Try it. Start by reading Genesis, the perfect example of HOW NOT TO INITIATE A NEW WORLD. Try Exodus. Try Kings , just those for a start and then ask me to prove my position,. Incidentally, what position? That Hebrews and Christians massacred for centuries? I need to give you proof of that? You really don't know?

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194584 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, tell us which justices are Conservatives and which are Liberals? Come on now, you can do it!
Yes, I can, one of which has not uttered a word since he was named to the bench. Very impressive. It's 5-4. Rogue

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194585 Jun 27, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, tell us which justices are Conservatives and which are Liberals? Come on now, you can do it!
<quoted text>
Deep Throat stated that the SCOTUS is overwhelmingly Conservative so I asked HIM. Personally, IMHO, there are 4our devout Liberals and 4our devout Conservatives with 1ne swing voter.
How many of the decisions are 5ive to 4our or 4our to 5ive? Probably more than half which brings me back to my opinion!!!
So, what is Deep Throats opinion? Now if you want to chime in, please do. If knot, butt the heck out!
You : "overwhelmingly " ????? What a liar, you lie like you breathe. I said, repeatedly, 5-4. That is, to you, "overwhelmingly " And one with common sense, Roberts.(the one you say is '"leaned on'" when decisions don't go your way
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194586 Jun 27, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote : "Just a guess. Paranoia and panic is what killed them" Really? Was not religion and its leaders. Well, well. Then , you will agree that Moslem fanatics are not killing in the name of Allah, or for religious reasons. Nope. Paranoia and panic is what does it.
Merci. No, mercy.
They kill because they are uncivilized and uneducated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,509,135
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 6 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 6 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 6 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages