BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#194373 Jun 25, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Libtardian Logic hard at work. They make several assumptions here and one of which was what was happening 400 years ago which was during the Maunder Minimum which was the Great Little Ice so you would expect there to be more ice back then.
Then they talk about the last 30 years and show sat pictures from 1994 and 2014. Well, 1994 was the end of three years of an El Nino and 21014 was at the end of a four year La Nina. We know they get more rain and snow during an El Nino than they do during a La Nina.
That's right kiddies, to be glaciers there has to be precipitation. If there is little precipitation, the glacier will shrink!!!
Bu they want you to believe it is Global Warming so they will not mention other possible factors knowing that Libatrds will gulp down their Red Kool Aide.
Chile's Retreating San Quintín Glacier Viewed from Space (Photo)
LiveScience.com
By By Stephanie Pappas, Live Science Contributor 5 hours ago
Cryosphere, more ice has been lost from Andes glaciers in the last 30 years than in the previous 400 years combined.[Images of Melt: Earth's Vanishing Ice]
http://news.yahoo.com/chiles-retreating-san-q...
And the Rougetard thinks that more ice lost in 30 years as compared to the past 400 years is due endpoints measured in the 30 year period coinciding with El Nino and La Nina respectively?

BTW, Rougetard, EL Nino is associated with glacier melting and La Nina associated with glacier growth. Rougetard has it ass backwards, again.

"Morales pointed out, however, that the immediate impact of El Niño is the acceleration of the glacier melt."
Weaker El Niño Still to Affect Andean Glaciers
http://www.ipsnews.net/2001/08/environment-pe...

"In 2012, the El Niño tropical system switched to a La Niña, reversing the local winds in this region of Antarctica and causing less warm water to flow into the area."

http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/01/02/el-...

Is Rougetard on LSD?

Rougetard is the guy who was comparing baselines from summer ice to winter ice, calling it "cooking the books" when actually it is his brain that is fried.

"In 2012, the El Niño tropical system switched to a La Niña, reversing the local winds in this region of Antarctica and causing less warm water to flow into the area."

Bristol, CT

#194374 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't complain to me about solar panels needing to be cleaned. Just a fact. Our biggest problem, imo, is the pollution in our oceans.
ActuallyJacques was not complaining. Cleaning solar panels is no big deal. Neither is keeping your windows clean.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194376 Jun 25, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
ActuallyJacques was not complaining. Cleaning solar panels is no big deal. Neither is keeping your windows clean.
Oh, ok! If you say so. Right! The efficiency of the panels is the problem, they're simply too big. And, cleaning them is a non-stop process. I'm not against the idea, at all. But, at present, size is a problem.

Bristol, CT

#194377 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it cheaper? I don't know. Just stating that solar panels must be clean for optimum performance. We're sitting on huge reserves of natural gas, seems like the logical next step.
Wowee Zowee. Solar panels should be clean for optimum performance. Who woulda thunk it!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194378 Jun 25, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowee Zowee. Solar panels should be clean for optimum performance. Who woulda thunk it!
How froshman of you!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194379 Jun 25, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mucheau thankeau
https://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
Well, unlike you, I do not know if the Harriers were "decisive". If all the Chinooks, with the exception for one, had not been destroyed before they could contribute to the war, maybe more lives would have been saved. And "probably, it the Harriers had not been available, more lives would have been lost.
I do think that sooner or later, the Brits would have prevailed. In the end, was the cost in blood and treasure worth it? To the Brits, YES!!!
Oh, is "Malvinas" a French Name? Babylon says the French name for those islands are ... the Falklands!!! So why do YOU use the name Malvinas?
And, as YOU should know, the "United States" to the French is "Les Etats-Unis". So why do you call them "Malvinas"? I know, you HATE ENGLISH!!!!
Were you drunk, doped, drugged, or over-medicated when you wrote it?
Okay, here's my reply, and mind you, this isl all be from memory. You're free to check it out for accuracy :

1. Chinooks? They had TWO Chinooks. Two. And one was not flying, lack of parts. Harriers did make the difference with bombing and establishing air superiority but not before an obsolete Super Étendard launched a French Exocet missile that sank a british destroyer. The Argentine air force consisted of obsolete 1950s Canberra, 1950-60s Skyhawks and Mirage IIIs. The war was launched by the stupid Argentine junta in order to make the Argentines forget about their economic mess. That did not work out too well as we soon found out.

2. The Brazilians and Americans helped the British by arranging airborne refuelling for the only flyable Vulcan left in the British heavy bombing armoury , while the Chileans gave berthing and replenishing facilities to the nuclear British sub that eventually sank the Belgrano whose crew consisted mostly of teenaged sea cadets - most died.

3, Falklands is a French name? From Babylon? What is that, the 3 Stooges'
official dictionary? Could that named be more British even if you tried? DOH. Some obscurer explorer whose name escapes me (I don't feel like looking it up but will if you ask nicely) gave it that name in the 17th century. As to Malvinas, how much more Spanish can you get? That name was given to the islands by various Spanish explorers and settlers and Argentina insists on calling it that. Is that too complicated for you? In my post , I called the islands the Falklands - Malvinas in order to please everyone. The French were never involved in the islands far as I know,.

4. The fisheries are rich and that is why the British are hanging on to it, with the added possibility of rich offshore petroleum deposits which the Argentines are claiming, what with offshore sovereignty and 1975 law of the sea, Geneva and all that.
Yes, Les États Unis is French for United States. It's what I call it when I'm speaking or writing in French. As the Spanish say, it's Los Estados Unidos. What's your point?

5. I hate the English? Then why do I speak and write it? You have French roots and you don't speak a word of it. Shame on you. YOU hate the French

Ottawa

#194380 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it cheaper? I don't know. Just stating that solar panels must be clean for optimum performance. We're sitting on huge reserves of natural gas, seems like the logical next step.
I'm certainly no expert on the subject of solar panels cleaning , which means I have to rely on stuff like this :

http://www.iom3.org/news/self-cleaning-solar-...

But I just thought , and I may be wrong (anyone who can help, please do), seems to me,if above link is wrong, that industrial cleaning (not by hand with Windex) would appear to be cheaper than purchasing natural gas/fossil fuels. But what do I know?

Ottawa

#194381 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Then read a paper of your choice! Do you think I just made that up? Obama has violated Federal Law. Simple as that. It's way past time someone did something! And, you wonder why we have disjointed conversations? Just look at your post. Boehner isn't the one who has been side-stepping Congress, whenever he feels like it. That would be Obama. Lerner's emails are proving to be quite interesting, to say the least.
You did not make it up, it's true.

Oh, is executive privilege illegal? Has no president ever used it. I have not looked it up, but am willing to bet Obama's predecessors have used the privilege more than him. Were they sued?

Is this the 1st time congress will be suing the president? If so, don't you see the kind of animosity felt for the president by the republican House, spurred on by the Tea Party? Told you before, will tell you again, Obama would balance the budget, wipe out the entire debt, give each and every American $ 1 million , stop all wars, obliterate crime, hunger and poverty worldwide and the Rep congress would still want that BLACK man and his family out of the WHITE House,. They don't like him, period.

Message for Boehner and tea party. The next president is Hillary Clinton with a Latino American as V.P. Can't wait.
wojar

Windsor, CT

#194382 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok! If you say so. Right! The efficiency of the panels is the problem, they're simply too big. And, cleaning them is a non-stop process. I'm not against the idea, at all. But, at present, size is a problem.
Efficiency is improving every year. For Romper, I have no doubt that size is a problem. Solar will soon be as cheap as fossil fuel. Sorry, that's a fact of life.

Ottawa

#194383 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What oil and gas regulations has Obama eased up on? Obama loves regulations!
All fracking , or most of it, was initiated under Obama. And Obama was wrong to deregulate it. He may love regulations, but he sure as hell shoved them aside and gave fracking the go-ahead.

Ottawa

#194384 Jun 25, 2014
P.S. Fracking IS the principal reason for the upsurge in U.S. oil production. As I said, crude exports will now be allowed for the first time in years.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194385 Jun 25, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certainly no expert on the subject of solar panels cleaning , which means I have to rely on stuff like this :
http://www.iom3.org/news/self-cleaning-solar-...
But I just thought , and I may be wrong (anyone who can help, please do), seems to me,if above link is wrong, that industrial cleaning (not by hand with Windex) would appear to be cheaper than purchasing natural gas/fossil fuels. But what do I know?
But, look at what you're comparing, cleaning solar panels to purchasing oil or gas? How is that even possible? Got me! I'm aware of the industrial cleaners, thanks anyway.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194386 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
You did not make it up, it's true.
Oh, is executive privilege illegal? Has no president ever used it. I have not looked it up, but am willing to bet Obama's predecessors have used the privilege more than him. Were they sued?
Is this the 1st time congress will be suing the president? If so, don't you see the kind of animosity felt for the president by the republican House, spurred on by the Tea Party? Told you before, will tell you again, Obama would balance the budget, wipe out the entire debt, give each and every American $ 1 million , stop all wars, obliterate crime, hunger and poverty worldwide and the Rep congress would still want that BLACK man and his family out of the WHITE House,. They don't like him, period.
Message for Boehner and tea party. The next president is Hillary Clinton with a Latino American as V.P. Can't wait.
As you well know, it is not illegal. How one uses that power makes all the difference. And, yes, other presidents have used it more than Obama. I completely disagree with your second paragraph. His vision is not for a strong America. That is what people don't like, as well as, being lied to, over and over. He refuses to change course when all indications are he should! Sorry to upset you, but as far as I'm concerned, I could NOT care less what color he is. I do think his house of cards is about to fall.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194387 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
All fracking , or most of it, was initiated under Obama. And Obama was wrong to deregulate it. He may love regulations, but he sure as hell shoved them aside and gave fracking the go-ahead.
Sorry, we've been fracking wells for a long time. Long before Obama.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194388 Jun 25, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Efficiency is improving every year. For Romper, I have no doubt that size is a problem. Solar will soon be as cheap as fossil fuel. Sorry, that's a fact of life.
So, you agree. Thanks.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#194389 Jun 25, 2014
wojar wrote:
Just think where we would be now if we put our money into solar and education rather than war.
Maybe our country would be under Sharia Law and all Christian religions would be banned. I would certainly prefer to live here under the Flag of Stars and Stripes,with Our Declaration of Independence and Constitution than to be forced to live in the desert with a thousand yeas of religious war. We are fortunate that our forefathers loved our country and dedicated their lives to making our country what it became, and made it known that it was our Constitution ,not left wing radicals that were the future of our country. Too bad Obama doesn't have a clue.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#194390 Jun 25, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And wind and solar are infinite? If the wind is not blowing, or the Sun is not shining, do they work?
Not only that,but wind turbines kill birds and other flying life and water turbines kill fish and other water wild life.

Ottawa

#194391 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
But, look at what you're comparing, cleaning solar panels to purchasing oil or gas? How is that even possible? Got me! I'm aware of the industrial cleaners, thanks anyway.
Well, remember, you're the one who brought up cleaning solar panels. I didn't, but rather just stated that it might be cheaper to clean the panels than purchasing gas or oil. What do you think, seeing as I supplied a good link that says the panels may be self-cleaning after all.

Ottawa

#194392 Jun 25, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe our country would be under Sharia Law and all Christian religions would be banned. I would certainly prefer to live here under the Flag of Stars and Stripes,with Our Declaration of Independence and Constitution than to be forced to live in the desert with a thousand yeas of religious war. We are fortunate that our forefathers loved our country and dedicated their lives to making our country what it became, and made it known that it was our Constitution ,not left wing radicals that were the future of our country. Too bad Obama doesn't have a clue.
Frank, your Constitution is fine. Good.(it did forget the blacks, but hell, well, never mind....). Tell me , Frank, what your Constitution , and i repeat, it's great, what does it have and guarantee that the Canadian, French, British, Spanish, Portuguese, Swiss, Danish, German, Austrian, Italian, Belgian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Australian, New-Zealand, Japan, etc, don't have? Waiting? Do you, for example, have more freedom than those people?

Ottawa

#194393 Jun 25, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Not only that,but wind turbines kill birds and other flying life and water turbines kill fish and other water wild life.
Tell us, Frank, will wind and water turbines make as many animal life extinct as the industrial revolution with its coal, oil and gas?

I can foresee your answer , namely that the industrial revolution spearheaded advances and made our lives better. True , I agree and I'm glad we've had it. BUT, why could we not have it and preserve, protect our species and environment at the same time? Maybe we didn't know, though I suspect the big guys did, but we do know today and we are still polluting ourselves to death in the name of the economy which is, btw, a false premise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Analog man 5,401
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 50,498
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,174,702
Cops: Man found dead in South Chicago neighborhood 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
Sex for money guys/girls chicago 6 hr horny kid 1
Amy 1-31-15 6 hr rancid 3
Dear Abby 1-31-15 7 hr Mister Tonka 2

Winter Storm Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 4:08AM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance