BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Jacksonville, FL

#194344 Jun 25, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
P.S. Solar and wind generation are more expensive at the moment, but then so was steam when it replaced sail, autos when they replaced horses and airplanes when they replaced the pony express. Mass production and constant amelioration will eventually bring prices level or less than nuclear, coal and gas-powered means.
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of maintenance on solar panels. They must be kept clean for optimum efficiency. Natural gas is the future.
But does natural gas work at night or when it is cloudy?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#194345 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of maintenance on solar panels. They must be kept clean for optimum efficiency. Natural gas is the future.
Totally agree but not if the looney left and Obama have their way preventing drilling
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194346 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Seems to me that cleaning solar panels is a lot cheaper than buying natural gas. What were those idiotic Germans who are last in the world from an economic standpoint thinking? Strange indeed as they've planned to be 90% renewable energy in the next 50 years, assuming our present pollution of the air, earth and seas don't kill us first.
Don't complain to me about solar panels needing to be cleaned. Just a fact. Our biggest problem, imo, is the pollution in our oceans.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194347 Jun 25, 2014
Afro-Euro-American Prez wrote:
P.S. Solar and wind generation are more expensive at the moment, but then so was steam when it replaced sail, autos when they replaced horses and airplanes when they replaced the pony express. Mass production and constant amelioration will eventually bring prices level or less than nuclear, coal and gas-powered means.
<quoted text>
I can assure you, it burns just as brightly at night!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194348 Jun 25, 2014
Rut-Roh!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25/economy-...

Don't believe anything this admin tells you!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#194349 Jun 25, 2014

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#194350 Jun 25, 2014
Afro-Euro-American Prez wrote:
<quoted text>
Had wojar not enlightened you with...batteries? Do you know what they are? Well, they store energy when the windmills and solar panels are functioning - to be used later when there is no or little wind and no sun. DOH.And then, the following day, the wind picks up, the sun comes up,(yes, it invariably does), both charge the batteries and supply electricity to the grid. DOH DOH.

Ottawa

#194351 Jun 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree but not if the looney left and Obama have their way preventing drilling
There is more fracking and drilling under Obama than any other president. This is why the U.S., as of last week,and for the first time in decades, has now allowed the export of crude oil - before that, it had to be refined to be exported. The U.S. is headed for oil independence - something even said was impossible 2 years ago. Of course, the ravages that may be brought by fracking may offset a lot of those energy gains.

Ottawa

#194352 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't complain to me about solar panels needing to be cleaned. Just a fact. Our biggest problem, imo, is the pollution in our oceans.
Why do we have to have such disjointed dialogues? I never complained about cleaning solar panels. YOU mentioned it and I just answered that cleaning them seemed a lot cheaper than buying natural gas. Is it? Could you comment on that? As to the oceans, they are almost, at this point, irreversibly polluted. I know why, I've seen why. And as long as cargo ship and oil tanker owners, not to mention humongous cruise liners think it's ok to dump everything, from human waste to tanker bilge to plastic containers outside territorial limits and close to the African coast,(unlike us, African nations cannot afford to police their continental shelves),we are headed for cesspool oceans, And oceans are just the tip of the iceberg when one considers how we are massacring our environment.

Ottawa

#194353 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
Boehner , as usual, and instead of coming up with some kind of legislation , any kind of legislation instead of thwarting the Congress's , the Supreme Court's , the President's and the people's will, should perhaps look into his own...abuse.

Again, can you not quote a credible source?

Ottawa

#194354 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure you, it burns just as brightly at night!
And unlike wind and solar, is finite. And polluting. And expensive, probably more in the long run than solar, wind and tidal power.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#194355 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
There is more fracking and drilling under Obama than any other president. This is why the U.S., as of last week,and for the first time in decades, has now allowed the export of crude oil - before that, it had to be refined to be exported. The U.S. is headed for oil independence - something even said was impossible 2 years ago. Of course, the ravages that may be brought by fracking may offset a lot of those energy gains.
Very funny. It's all on private land. Obama has had no impact on the increase.

Try harder

Ottawa

#194356 Jun 25, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Try harder
Is it? It may be now, before the gov't granted concessions emanating from PUBLIC land, like in conservation area and the reason why a lot of people don't agree with the present admin - many of them democrats.

And what's this about private land? You mean that the gov't cannot spur on the economy with fiscal measures and easings of regulations just because most companies operate on private land? Do you want to take another look at that statement of yours?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#194357 Jun 25, 2014
All the Qualitative Easing has done is transfer over $3 trilllion of TAXPAYER money to the rich. If you are of the investor class, you have done well. If you are not, you just took it in the azz!!!

The Daily Ticker
For most families, wealth has vanished
By Rick Newman June 24, 2014 3:16 PM Daily Ticker

If you’re a typical family, you’re considerably poorer than you used to be. No wonder the “recovery” feels like a recession.

A new study published by the Russell Sage foundation helps explain why many families feel like they’re falling behind: They actually are. The study, which measures the average wealth of U.S. households by income level, reveals a startling decline in wealth nationwide. The median household in 2013 had a net worth of just $56,335 -- 43% lower than the median wealth level right before the recession began in 2007, and 36% lower than a decade ago.“There are very few signs of significant recovery from the losses in wealth suffered by American families during the Great Recession,” the study concludes.

Not surprisingly, lower-income households have lost a larger portion of their wealth than those with higher incomes, as the following chart from the study shows:

Wealth generally comes from two types of assets: financial holdings and real estate. Financial assets have more than recovered ground lost during the recession, thanks largely to a stock-market rally now in its sixth year. The S&P 500 index, for instance, has hit several new record highs this year and is up more than 25% from the peak it reached in 2007. Home values, however, are still about 18% below the peak reached in 2006, according to the S&P/Case-Shiller index.

Since wealthier households tend to hold more financial assets, they’ve benefited the most form the stock-market recovery, which itself has been assisted by the Federal Reserve’s super-easy monetary policy. Fed policy has been intended to help typical homeowners and buyers too, by pushing long-term interest rates unusually low and, in theory, goosing demand for housing. But a housing recovery is taking much longer to play out than the reflation of financial assets. That’s part of the reason the top 10% of households have held onto more of their wealth than the other 90% during the past 10 years. Here’s how different income groups have fared since 2003:

Afro-Euro-Americ an Prez

Jacksonville, FL

#194359 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Try harder
Well, you Conservatives thank God if things are going well but we Democrats thank ME! To Democrats, I am Gawd.

Location hidden

#194360 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
And unlike wind and solar, is finite. And polluting. And expensive, probably more in the long run than solar, wind and tidal power.
And wind and solar are infinite? If the wind is not blowing, or the Sun is not shining, do they work?

Location hidden

#194361 Jun 25, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mucheau thankeau
https://www.youtube.com/watch ...
<quoted text>
Pretty neat that British Harrier. Falkland/Malvinas war could not have been won without it.
Well, unlike you, I do not know if the Harriers were "decisive". If all the Chinooks, with the exception for one, had not been destroyed before they could contribute to the war, maybe more lives would have been saved. And "probably, it the Harriers had not been available, more lives would have been lost.
I do think that sooner or later, the Brits would have prevailed. In the end, was the cost in blood and treasure worth it? To the Brits, YES!!!
Oh, is "Malvinas" a French Name? Babylon says the French name for those islands are ... the Falklands!!! So why do YOU use the name Malvinas?
And, as YOU should know, the "United States" to the French is "Les Etats-Unis". So why do you call them "Malvinas"? I know, you HATE ENGLISH!!!!

Ottawa

#194362 Jun 25, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And wind and solar are infinite? If the wind is not blowing, or the Sun is not shining, do they work?
Yes,they are infinite. They may be gone a few hours, even a few days, but they come back.Fossil fuels, once gone ARE gone. Oh, btw, 3rd time now, while there is no wind or sun , batteries take up the relay. Every heard of batteries? They soak up, store energy. You never knew that, I'll bet. Why is it , do you think, at least with Bell here in Canada, power goes out, phone (land line) still works. Batteries, Bell has batteries which recharge themselves in normal times, Rogue. Batteries. Please study batteries.

Same for tidal power, and one wonders why it is not used, or not very much., Tide comes in, turns turbines, that water is stored, is returned to sea and turns the same turbines. DOH.

Location hidden

#194363 Jun 25, 2014
LRS wrote:
Rut-Roh!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25/economy-...
Don't believe anything this admin tells you!
Yep, in early April they said that the First Quarter GDP Growth Rate was +0.1% but less than three weeks ago they revised it down to -1.0% and now ANOTHER revision down to 2.9%. I have never heard of TWO Revisions much less a drop of 3.0% before. But then again, Obama has had a lot of FIRSTS!!!
And early next month they will release the Second Quarter's GDP Growth Rate and will they have to revise it down too? It does not matter what they first say, it will be what it is and it looks like we will OFFICIALLY be in a Recession again!

Location hidden

#194364 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes,they are infinite. They may be gone a few hours, even a few days, but they come back.Fossil fuels, once gone ARE gone. Oh, btw, 3rd time now, while there is no wind or sun , batteries take up the relay. Every heard of batteries? They soak up, store energy. You never knew that, I'll bet. Why is it , do you think, at least with Bell here in Canada, power goes out, phone (land line) still works. Batteries, Bell has batteries which recharge themselves in normal times, Rogue. Batteries. Please study batteries.
Same for tidal power, and one wonders why it is not used, or not very much., Tide comes in, turns turbines, that water is stored, is returned to sea and turns the same turbines. DOH.
Yes, I have heard of batteries and they are much improved. But how much would batteries cost to supply your house for enough energy for three days? It is far cheaper to install a standby generator that standby batteries!!!
I have a 2.5 Kw and a 5Kw gasoline powered generators and keep 50 gallons of gasoline in my garage which should last about about four days. That is enough power to power a a small window air-conditioner, a few lights and power for my refrigerator and freezer and that is what I expect to happen if I was hit by a Cat 1-2 hurricane.
In 2004 we were sideswiped by Hurricane Charlie, Cat-1, and were without electricity for about 24 hours. If they say there is an evacuation order, I will evacuate. Even if they do not issue and evac order, if I think it will be a 2 of high, I will be on the road to my daughter's house near Atlanta.
A smart person learns from other's mistakes where a stupid person will wait for the government to save him!!! And that is why I wear a life preserver when I go fishing from my small boat too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,223,647
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 52,999
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 4 hr joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,782
abby may 3-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]