BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Full Story
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193591 Jun 16, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they didn't receive the citizenship of one of their parents? Not wojar nor I . What you don't understand is that the country that grants them citizenship has no jurisdiction over the child so long as that child is in the U.S. Cripes, each country has its own laws and those laws have to be respected no matter who or what you are. Easy-to-understand example for you. The U.S. has jurisdiction over its U.S. citizens SO LONG AS THEY ARE LIVING IN THE U.S. A U.S. citizen takes a trip to the U.K. The U.K. decides to arrest him, jail him, justly or not. There is nothing the U.S,. can do about it. Got it? The U.S. has no jurisdiction over that U.S. citizen the moment he landed in the U.K. or any other country. It may have moral jurisdiction but that don't do much good, does it now? Got it?
What jurisdiction did Kenya have over Obama, born from a Kenyan father? Could Kenya , "having jurisdiction over Obama" as you pretend, insist on having him sent to Kenya? Need I say more?
LMAO!!! Kenya had enough jurisdiction over Obama's father to give his son citizenship.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#193592 Jun 16, 2014
‘You Need to Be Afraid’:

Judge Jeanine Says Militants in Iraq ...
Will
March Toward the West ...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/06/15/ ‘you-need-be-afraid’-judge-jea nine-says-militants-iraq-will- march-toward-west

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#193593 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Kenya had enough jurisdiction over Obama's father to give his son citizenship.
Knock knock, is someone there? Obama's mother and father never requested Kenyan citizenship for their son Barack. Obama himself never requested Kenyan citizenship. Kenya can grant him citizenship all it wants, it still gives that country no jurisdiction over him. None. Can't you understand that?

And do you want me to make it clearer ? When Obama's Kenyan father was living in the United States, Kenya had NO jurisdiction over him. NONE what is so ever.

Ottawa

#193594 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Does a US person lose his citizenship while in the UK??? I don't think so!!!! So, you see the US does have jurisdiction over its citizens, if not they wouldn't be called citizen outside of our borders.
Being a citizen and having a "citizenship" has nothing to do with jurisdiction. I have kids, yet I can't tell them what to do or not to do. You may be a U.S. citizen all you want whilst visiting a foreign country, that country can do whatever it wants to you and the U.S. jurisdiction will be of no help at all. Else, why isn't the U.S. capable of bringing Snowden back?
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193595 Jun 16, 2014
American Lady wrote:
‘You Need to Be Afraid’:
Judge Jeanine Says Militants in Iraq ...
Will
March Toward the West ...
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/06/15/ ‘you-need-be-afraid’-judge-jea nine-says-militants-iraq-will- march-toward-west
Oblunder has already told the militants that he wouldn't put US Troops on the ground. Guess he got tired of putting those chicken scratches in the sand.
AL, longtime no see. How are things going?
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193596 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Knock knock, is someone there? Obama's mother and father never requested Kenyan citizenship for their son Barack. Obama himself never requested Kenyan citizenship. Kenya can grant him citizenship all it wants, it still gives that country no jurisdiction over him. None. Can't you understand that?
And do you want me to make it clearer ? When Obama's Kenyan father was living in the United States, Kenya had NO jurisdiction over him. NONE what is so ever.
LMAO!!! Knock knock,!!! Are you really that dumb???
American Lady

Danville, KY

#193597 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Oblunder has already told the militants that he wouldn't put US Troops on the ground. Guess he got tired of putting those chicken scratches in the sand.
AL, longtime no see. How are things going?
Lovely :)
At least in 'my neck of the woods'...

D.C.... not so much ;~)

Are you gonna 'visit' Kentucky this summer?
I have something "up my sleeve"
IF
you do ...

You'll like.

<3

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#193598 Jun 16, 2014
I know you Libtards think the TEA Party has gone away, but it hasn't. More than likely the Republican Party will keep the House and win a majority in the Senate. The House and Senate will be much more Conservative as the Democrat Blue Dogs are also making a come back too.
50/50 that John Bonehead will lose his Speakership too!!! Then what will Obummer Boy dew???
Yep, 2014 looks real back time to be a Libtard.

McDaniel Opens Up Sizable Lead Over Cochran in Pivotal Mississippi Senate Runoff
June 14, 2014 By Matthew Burke

Tea Party-backed Chris McDaniel is continuing to show accelerating momentum in his race to unseat 76-year-old, 42-year incumbent (36 years in U.S. Senate, six in House), establishment-backed Thad Cochran in the heated Mississippi run-off.

According to a new poll conducted by WPA Opinion Research, Chris McDaniel has opened up a sizable 8% lead over Sen. Thad Cochran, 49%– 41%.

“It is clear Chris McDaniel is well-positioned to win on June 24,” says a polling memo from the firm about the poll conducted June 9-10 with a margin of error of 4.4%.
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/14/mcdaniel-opens...

Location hidden

#193599 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Being a citizen and having a "citizenship" has nothing to do with jurisdiction. I have kids, yet I can't tell them what to do or not to do. You may be a U.S. citizen all you want whilst visiting a foreign country, that country can do whatever it wants to you and the U.S. jurisdiction will be of no help at all. Else, why isn't the U.S. capable of bringing Snowden back?
OMG, you have kids? Are they Libtards like you or have you disowned them?
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193600 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! One has to be subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution), to be a citizen.
Any country a US citizen visits must abide by reciprocal treaties as to how they will be treated while there. Sorry, that country can not do whatever they want, this is why we have treaties.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193601 Jun 16, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
D.C.... not so much ;~)
IF
you do ...
You'll like.
<3
Should be there between the last week of June and the first week of July, if we don't have the storms like we did last year. Last year it took me three week to cleanup the war zone after coming back.
OK!!!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193602 Jun 16, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
D.C.... not so much ;~)
IF
you do ...
You'll like.
<3
I shouldn't have been so fast with that "OK". We aren't going to paint a barn, are we???? LOL!!!!

Ottawa

#193603 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Thanks Jock for explaining to wojar that children born in this country of aliens receive the citizenship of their father's country of origin, at birth. A dual-citizenship isn't any better than that of a naturalized citizen, they aren't Natural Born Citizens.
Not quite, "Justice" ha ha OMG Dale. He understands it, I understand it. And don't forget, unless the foreign parents of said foreign-born babies in the U.S. register the birth with their embassy or consulate, the child is solely American and NOT a dual citizen. As to jurisdiction, and as long as the child resides in the U.S., only the latter country has jurisdiction. Period.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#193604 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Thanks Jock for explaining to wojar that children born in this country of aliens receive the citizenship of their father's country of origin, at birth. A dual-citizenship isn't any better than that of a naturalized citizen, they aren't Natural Born Citizens.
At the time of his birth in the United States, Obama's owed complete allegiance to the United States. Dual citizenship at birth does not mean dual allegiance at birth. Obama owed no allegiance to his father's country because his father's country had no jurisdiction over Obama while he resided in the United States.

Courts have long recognized that foreign nations have no jurisdiction over its citizens or subjects in the United States. "[T]he legal status of foreign nationals in the United States is determined solely by our domestic law — foreign law confers no privilege in this country that our courts are bound to recognize." Vanity Fair Mills v. T. Eaton Co., 234 F. 2d 633, 638-639 (2nd Cir. 1956). See also Rundell v. La Campagnie Generale Transatlantique, 100 Fed. 655, 660 (7th Cir. 1900)("Such laws may give rise to personal relations between the sovereign and subjects, to be enforced in his own domains; but they do not rightfully extend to other nations.”)

Moreover, United States' jurisdiction over Obama while he was residing in the United States is complete and it does not share its jurisdiction with other nations since other nations do not extend their jurisdiction within the United States. "`no sovereignty can extend its process beyond its own territorial limits, to subject other persons or property to its judicial decisions. Every exertion of authority beyond these limits is a mere nullity, and incapable of binding such persons or property in other tribunals;'" Grover & Baker Sewing Machine Co. v. Radcliffe 137 U.S. 287,296 (1890)

"In our territory, the alien is "subjected," no less completely than the citizen, to the jurisdiction of our courts (jurisdiction in the narrower sense) and to the general authority of our government (jurisdiction in the wider sense). Aliens, in the language of the common law, are temporary subjects of the state in which they sojourn; they owe the sovereign who harbors them in his domains temporary or local allegiance. The phrase "born subject to the jurisdiction" is therefore precisely equivalent to the common law expression "born under the actual obedience." — The constitution, then, invests with citizenship all persons born under the jurisdiction or obedience of the United States, without regard to the nationality of their parents or to the opposing claims of foreign states." Munroe Smith,“The Law of Nationality”( 1883) Page 948-949

As such, United States jurisdiction over Obama was exclusive and absolute at the time of his birth. "The jurisdiction of the nation within its own territory is necessarily exclusive and absolute." Schooner Exchange v. McFaddon, 11 U.S. 116, 136 (1812)

Location hidden

#193605 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Why wood Obama's father "request" to become a Kenyan citizen? Wasn't he from Kenya? And same goes for Obama Junior too!!!

Ottawa

#193606 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! One has to be subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution), to be a citizen.
Any country a US citizen visits must abide by reciprocal treaties as to how they will be treated while there. Sorry, that country can not do whatever they want, this is why we have treaties.
You are so wrong. Are you telling me that every time an American, a Canadian, a Brit, a German, is arrested for whatever reason in a foreign country, that their rights are automatically respected? Even reciprocal rights as granted in bilateral pacts? Are you kidding? Do you know anything about consular goings-on? How Embassies try so hard to have their citizens' rights respected, to no avail, and watch helplessly as their citizens are mistreated and blackmailed by local authorities? Treaties are respected when it suits governments.

Canada has extradition treaties with the U.S. Yet, the U.S. asked for extradition for U.S. draft dodgers during the Vietnam war. Never mind whether U.S. was right or not, that is beside the point. What IS the point is that in spite of said extradition treaty, not one single draft dodger was extradited.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#193607 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Kenya had enough jurisdiction over Obama's father to give his son citizenship.
Obama was never under the jurisdiction of Kenya. Conferring Kenyan citizenship upon a child born overseas doesn't give Kenya jursidiction over a child, UNLESS that child is brought into Kenya.

At no time did Obama visit Kenya as a child.

A foreign nation has no legal right to enforce its laws regarding its citizens residing in another country. Thus, a child born in the United States owes no allegiance to his or her parents’ home country since the foreign nation's laws aren’t enforceable in the United States.

Courts have long recognized that foreign nations can't extend their jurisdiction over its citizens or subjects beyond their territorial boundaries. "The laws of no nation can justly extend beyond its own territories, except so far as regards its own citizens. They can have no force to control the sovereignty or rights of any other nation, within its own jurisdiction. THE APOLLON., 22 US 362, 370 (1824). Similarly "`no sovereignty can extend its process beyond its own territorial limits, to subject other persons or property to its judicial decisions. Every exertion of authority beyond these limits is a mere nullity, and incapable of binding such persons or property in other tribunals;'" Grover & Baker Sewing Machine Co. v. Radcliffe 137 U.S. 287, 296 (1890)

If there is no protection by the foreign nation then there is no allegiance to that foreign nation.
" He owes it allegiance and is entitled to its protection. Allegiance and protection are, in this connection, reciprocal obligations. The one is a compensation for the other; allegiance for protection and protection for allegiance." Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162,166 (1875)

Thus a child born in the United States to foreign nationals owes no allegiance to a foreign nation since that foreign nation's laws are not enforceable in the United States.

In Obama's case, he owed no allegiance to Kenya since its laws weren't enforceable in the United States.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193608 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Not quite, "Justice" ha ha OMG Dale. He understands it, I understand it. And don't forget, unless the foreign parents of said foreign-born babies in the U.S. register the birth with their embassy or consulate, the child is solely American and NOT a dual citizen. As to jurisdiction, and as long as the child resides in the U.S., only the latter country has jurisdiction. Period.
LMAO!!! Jus sanguinis and beside that Kenya proclaimed him a citizen in 1963, since his father was a citizen of Kenya, that would mean Jr. had Kenyan blood running through his body.

Ottawa

#193609 Jun 16, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you have kids? Are they Libtards like you or have you disowned them?
1. What my kids are or are not is not for me to divulge here in Topix the way you do, and ;
2. I can't disown them. I'd have to have something of value in order to do that.

Satisfied?

Ottawa

#193610 Jun 16, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
At the time of his birth in the United States, Obama's owed complete allegiance to the United States. Dual citizenship at birth does not mean dual allegiance at birth. Obama owed no allegiance to his father's country because his father's country had no jurisdiction over Obama while he resided in the United States.
Courts have long recognized that foreign nations have no jurisdiction over its citizens or subjects in the United States. "[T]he legal status of foreign nationals in the United States is determined solely by our domestic law — foreign law confers no privilege in this country that our courts are bound to recognize." Vanity Fair Mills v. T. Eaton Co., 234 F. 2d 633, 638-639 (2nd Cir. 1956). See also Rundell v. La Campagnie Generale Transatlantique, 100 Fed. 655, 660 (7th Cir. 1900)("Such laws may give rise to personal relations between the sovereign and subjects, to be enforced in his own domains; but they do not rightfully extend to other nations.”)
Moreover, United States' jurisdiction over Obama while he was residing in the United States is complete and it does not share its jurisdiction with other nations since other nations do not extend their jurisdiction within the United States. "`no sovereignty can extend its process beyond its own territorial limits, to subject other persons or property to its judicial decisions. Every exertion of authority beyond these limits is a mere nullity, and incapable of binding such persons or property in other tribunals;'" Grover & Baker Sewing Machine Co. v. Radcliffe 137 U.S. 287,296 (1890)
"In our territory, the alien is "subjected," no less completely than the citizen, to the jurisdiction of our courts (jurisdiction in the narrower sense) and to the general authority of our government (jurisdiction in the wider sense). Aliens, in the language of the common law, are temporary subjects of the state in which they sojourn; they owe the sovereign who harbors them in his domains temporary or local allegiance. The phrase "born subject to the jurisdiction" is therefore precisely equivalent to the common law expression "born under the actual obedience." — The constitution, then, invests with citizenship all persons born under the jurisdiction or obedience of the United States, without regard to the nationality of their parents or to the opposing claims of foreign states." Munroe Smith,“The Law of Nationality”( 1883) Page 948-949
As such, United States jurisdiction over Obama was exclusive and absolute at the time of his birth. "The jurisdiction of the nation within its own territory is necessarily exclusive and absolute." Schooner Exchange v. McFaddon, 11 U.S. 116, 136 (1812)
Well said, but way over Justice ha ha OMG Dale's head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,155,919
abby 12-26 9 min PEllen 1
3 charged with stealing clothes from suburban M... 9 min reality is a crutch 1
amy 12-26 11 min PEllen 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min Jonah1 51,287
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr STEFANO COLONNA 71,256
Dec 2014 Dish Network Codes - $50 Off + $150 Vi... 1 hr tpm01411 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:43 am PST