BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 222227 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#193619 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Yep, when you get yourself in a bind, here comes the "Play Law" card.
If aliens while in the US were "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution), they would have all of the rights, liberties and responsibilities as a citizen, but that isn't the case, is it!!!!
The hideously demented twit argues that black is really white, otherwise green would be orange.

Aliens in the US are subject to the Unites States, subject to the laws of the Unites States and to the authority of State, Federal, and local governments, and they don't have all of the rights and responsibilities of citizens. That's a simple fact that is evident to 99.9% of the population. Only a schizophrenic would argue otherwise. A delusional fool practicing Play Law in a Play World.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real, Dale, Play Law is for children. Grow up, child.
<quoted text>
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193620 Jun 16, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah ... nah ... nah ...
Nuttin like that ...
WE 'might' PAINT the town RED ...
)8~D>
LOL!!! I knew you would post that!!! See you soon!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193621 Jun 16, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant twit changes his story after the egg has dried on his face. His idiotic perpetual motion fantasies have gone up in smoke.
When confronted with the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, the ignoramus retorted:
"Yes, for every action there is a reaction, but in the action of one source you can have a multitude of action from one source and a multitude of reactions from the same source, am I getting to deep for you?"
He claimed he had a "poor man's patent" which is, BTW, worthless.
And now his supercalifragilistic idea is solar panels?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Dale is simply FOS.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Didn't change anything, solar panels can be place anywhere.
You can't grasp the idea!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#193622 Jun 16, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Fwank, I don't see"destroy this country" in your little diatribe. Just one example will do, as Jacques requested.
" And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. All this we will do."
FU Fwank.
Do you mean force schools to teach false science and made up history. History hasn't changed since I was young, idiots who think they can change history by changing the language in history books are the ones living in a fantasy world. My biography of George Washington was written before he died,do you really think that some idiot could write a more accurate biography today by simply adding their own prejudices,political agenda, and foreign prospective? I personally don't like being bullied by the so called politically correct crowd,who simply want to force their immoral views on the rest of the population.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#193623 Jun 16, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The hideously demented twit argues that black is really white, otherwise green would be orange.
Aliens in the US are subject to the Unites States, subject to the laws of the Unites States and to the authority of State, Federal, and local governments, and they don't have all of the rights and responsibilities of citizens. That's a simple fact that is evident to 99.9% of the population. Only a schizophrenic would argue otherwise. A delusional fool practicing Play Law in a Play World.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Wrong, aliens while in the US are controlled by treaties, to say the are "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution)", would be giving them citizenship without the naturalization process.
Learn to Read

United States

#193624 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Wrong, aliens while in the US are controlled by treaties, to say the are "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution)", would be giving them citizenship without the naturalization process.
Señor Ted - Canadian citizen by birth. Play law couldn't save him
Felix Marcus

Cary, IL

#193626 Jun 16, 2014
Congress has officially declared that all declarations that starts with the words "Congress has officially declared" shall never be questioned.
-Bridge and Swamp Realty Company, Bendover, CA.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#193627 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Jus sanguinis and beside that Kenya proclaimed him a citizen in 1963, since his father was a citizen of Kenya, that would mean Jr. had Kenyan blood running through his body.
Saying that Obama is a Kenyan citizen because an honoured Kenya gave him outright and unsolicited citizenship does not make him Kenyan any more than Castro's unsolicited endorsement of Obama in the last election means Obama is in bed with Castro.

Jus sanguinis brings conditions with it. Once born, the child has to be registered with the foreign parents' embassy or consulate, otherwise no go. There is no record of Obama's parents or Obama himself having registered with either the Kenyan embassy/consulate (there never was no Kenyan rep in Honolulu, still isn't to this day) or in Nairobi. Not that it matters, even if they had, which they did not. Obama is 100% red-blooded American.

Ottawa

#193629 Jun 16, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean force schools to teach false science and made up history. History hasn't changed since I was young, idiots who think they can change history by changing the language in history books are the ones living in a fantasy world. My biography of George Washington was written before he died,do you really think that some idiot could write a more accurate biography today by simply adding their own prejudices,political agenda, and foreign prospective? I personally don't like being bullied by the so called politically correct crowd,who simply want to force their immoral views on the rest of the population.
No, no, Dale, no no. You STATED that Obama said in his inauguration speech and other speeches that he was going to destroy the country. Typical birther tactic, change the subject. What do history books have to do with Obama saying he was going to destroy the country?

Incidentally, a lof of YOUR history, and the same for MY history, should be changed.

Bristol, CT

#193630 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Didn't change anything, solar panels can be place anywhere.
You can't grasp the idea!
Just like his twin Play Justice pal Dale is trying to deny being caught in the act of being an idiot. Embrace it Dale, it's you.

Dufus Dale:
“At this posting, I am producing 12 volts with an input of 4 volts. I am also producing 36 volts from the same 4 volts. This is on a small scale, but it has potential. With a little funding I will have an auto that will never need fueling and can put energy back into the grid.”
Dale is confused about voltage, which is not a measure of power.And if he were generating electricity from a solar cell, he wouldn't be relying on an input voltage.

Deny it all you want Dufus, it won't fly. U R busted.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant twit changes his story after the egg has dried on his face. His idiotic perpetual motion fantasies have gone up in smoke.
When confronted with the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, the ignoramus retorted:
"Yes, for every action there is a reaction, but in the action of one source you can have a multitude of action from one source and a multitude of reactions from the same source, am I getting to deep for you?"
He claimed he had a "poor man's patent" which is, BTW, worthless.
And now his supercalifragilistic idea is solar panels?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Dale is simply FOS.

Bristol, CT

#193631 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Wrong, aliens while in the US are controlled by treaties, to say the are "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof (US Constitution)", would be giving them citizenship without the naturalization process.
Nonsense Dale himself said the citizenship clause stems from the Law of Nations.
However, his Play Law understanding of jurisdiction violates the principle as described by Vattel.

Play law doesn't fly.

Ҥ 84. Jurisdiction.

The sovereignty united to the domain establishes the jurisdiction of the nation in her territories, or the country that belongs to her. It is her province, or that of her sovereign, to exercise justice in all the places under her jurisdiction, to take cognisance of the crimes committed, and the differences that arise in the country.”

Sorry little Dufus, every which way he turns, he crashes and burns.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>

Bristol, CT

#193632 Jun 16, 2014
From E. de Vattel, Law of Nations:

Ҥ 84. Jurisdiction.

The sovereignty united to the domain establishes the jurisdiction of the nation in her territories, or the country that belongs to her. It is her province, or that of her sovereign, to exercise justice in all the places under her jurisdiction, to take cognisance of the crimes committed, and the differences that arise in the country.”

Where oh where does Dufus Dale see that jurisdiction of the nation in her territories has anything to do with treaties? Is it written in invisible ink?

Sovereignty united to the domain. If the US did not have jurisdiction over aliens in the country, it wouldn't be a fully sovereign nation.

Applying Vattel's very own definition of jurisdiction to the citizenship clause proves that the 14th Amendment is incompatible with Vattel's rule of the natural citizen since aliens, according to Vattel, are under the jurisdiction of their host country.

Play law crashes and burns.

Bristol, CT

#193633 Jun 16, 2014
Hey dufus, I plugged a voltage inverter into my 12V outlet so I would have 110V AC in my car.

110V from 12V. I got it from Radio shack.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Dufus Dale:
“At this posting, I am producing 12 volts with an input of 4 volts. I am also producing 36 volts from the same 4 volts. This is on a small scale, but it has potential. With a little funding I will have an auto that will never need fueling and can put energy back into the grid.”

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#193634 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO If children born in the US are under the complete jurisdiction, thereof, how do they gain the citizenship of their father's country of origin?
......to be citizens are "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof." The evident meaning of these last words is not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them direct and immediate allegiance. And the words relate to the time of birth in the one case, as they do to the time of naturalization in the other. Persons not thus subject to the jurisdiction of the United States at the time of birth cannot become so afterwards except by being naturalized, either individually, as by proceedings under the naturalization acts, or collectively, as by the force of a treaty by which foreign territory is acquired. Elk v. Wilkins
A foreign nation that bestows citizenship to children born to its subjects or citizens outstide its boundaries DOESN'T automatically gives that foreign nation jurisdiction over the child UNLESS that child resides in that foreign nation.

In other words, the power to grant citizenship doesn't include the power of jurisdiction unless the person receiving citizenship is within the jurisdiction of that nation.

Courts have been very clear on this subject.

"Without entering upon this subject (which properly belongs to a general treatise upon public law), it may be truly said that no nation is bound to respect the laws of another nation made in regard to the SUBJECTS OF THE LATTER WHICH ARE NONRESIDENTS. The obligatory force of such laws of any nation cannot extend beyond its own territories.••• Whatever may be the intrinsic or obligatory force of such laws upon such persons, if they should return to their native country, they can have none in other nations wherein they reside. Such laws may give rise to personal relations between the sovereign and subjects, to be enforced in his own domains; but they do not rightfully extend to other nations.” Rundell v. La Campagnie Generale Transatlantique, 100 Fed. 655, 660 (7th Cir. 1900)(quoting Justice Story, Commentaries of the Conflict of Laws (section 22)(1834)(emphasis added)

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#193635 Jun 16, 2014
Dale wrote:
Citizens and aliens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States.

Jurisdiction and citizenship are two distinct legal concepts. A citizen and an alien are subject to the laws of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States.

The US Supreme Court has held numerous times that an alien has the same Constitutional rights as those of a US citizen.(Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369 (1886) "rights of every citizen of the United States equally with those of the strangers and aliens who now invoke the jurisdiction of the court.");(Pyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202, 211 (1982) Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.)

Since the US Supreme Court has held that an alien is a "person" with the same Constitutional rights as a US citizen then why isn't the alien under the jurisdiction of the Constitution? Since if he weren't under the jurisdiction of the Constitution then he would not be protected by the same Constitutional rights as those of a US citizen.

The only time that an alien as not subject to the rights of the Constitution is if that alien was OUTSIDE THE boundaries of the United States.("There is likewise no indication that the Fourth Amendment was understood by contemporaries of the Framers to apply to activities of the United States directed against aliens in foreign territory or in international waters" United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 US 259, 267 (1990))

As such, as long as alien is within the boundaries of the United States he or she is afforded the same Constitutional protections as those of a US citizen.

Ottawa

#193636 Jun 16, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens and aliens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States.
Jurisdiction and citizenship are two distinct legal concepts. A citizen and an alien are subject to the laws of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States.
The US Supreme Court has held numerous times that an alien has the same Constitutional rights as those of a US citizen.(Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369 (1886) "rights of every citizen of the United States equally with those of the strangers and aliens who now invoke the jurisdiction of the court.");(Pyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202, 211 (1982) Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.)
Since the US Supreme Court has held that an alien is a "person" with the same Constitutional rights as a US citizen then why isn't the alien under the jurisdiction of the Constitution? Since if he weren't under the jurisdiction of the Constitution then he would not be protected by the same Constitutional rights as those of a US citizen.
The only time that an alien as not subject to the rights of the Constitution is if that alien was OUTSIDE THE boundaries of the United States.("There is likewise no indication that the Fourth Amendment was understood by contemporaries of the Framers to apply to activities of the United States directed against aliens in foreign territory or in international waters" United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 US 259, 267 (1990))
As such, as long as alien is within the boundaries of the United States he or she is afforded the same Constitutional protections as those of a US citizen.
From you : "Citizens and aliens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States."

This is so simple, and so logical. How can anyone disagree with that?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193637 Jun 16, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
From you : "Citizens and aliens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States while they are within the physical boundaries of the United States."
Yes, it is. All that says is obey our laws while you're here. Temporary jurisdiction.

Bristol, CT

#193638 Jun 16, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean force schools to teach false science and made up history. History hasn't changed since I was young, idiots who think they can change history by changing the language in history books are the ones living in a fantasy world. My biography of George Washington was written before he died,do you really think that some idiot could write a more accurate biography today by simply adding their own prejudices,political agenda, and foreign prospective? I personally don't like being bullied by the so called politically correct crowd,who simply want to force their immoral views on the rest of the population.
Now let's see Frank, because you don't like a current biography of Washington written by a third party, that means the President said he wanted to destroy the United States?

Thank you for providing further insight into the warped thought processes of the birfoon.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Fwank, I don't see"destroy this country" in your little diatribe. Just one example will do, as Jacques requested.
" And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. All this we will do."
FU Fwank.

Bristol, CT

#193639 Jun 16, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
A schizophrenic has no difficulty disagreeing with what is self evident to the sane.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#193640 Jun 16, 2014
Batboy, did you ever figure out that the "throttle body" is NOT your right hand? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,417,122
last post wins! (Dec '10) 20 min They cannot kill ... 2,403
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,924
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,684
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,017
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 3 hr grounded in reality 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 60,991
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages