BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 239485 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#191382 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving what is obvious is a waste of time. You don't judge? LMAO! Really? Not at all? Epic denial!!!
Samples, please. Just ONE will do . Am I judging when I say you're a trailer parasite and and an oil tycoon buffoon? Nope, just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191383 May 24, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all that LRS.
The point is that trading a few bottles of rum for a person isn't an act diminished by the fact that they were available.
I didn't say it was.

Ottawa

#191384 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
Slavery is mentioned as far back as the Old Testament. It is rumoured though not proven that Abraham, the father of us all, was the first slave owner. Anyhoo, it went on right through the advent of Jesus Christ who, let it be known, approved tacitly of slavery. He never once condemned it.

Africans did not export slaves to Europe, North and South America. And their slavery was more local,more tribal, approved by no government as it was in the U.S. and many other countries.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191385 May 24, 2014
Why is little "o" so interested in the SW? National monument my azz!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/21/ne...
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191386 May 24, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Samples, please. Just ONE will do . Am I judging when I say you're a trailer parasite and and an oil tycoon buffoon? Nope, just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts.
Ah, I see you're shooting for your apex of ignorance today. The "truth" (unknown word to joko) of the matter is you don't know one fact about me. Taking that into consideration, yes you're judging. But, we all knew you did.

Ottawa

#191387 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
Why is little "o" so interested in the SW? National monument my azz!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/21/ne...
Foxnews.com , eh? They'd do anything to spin idiocies on a president they've hated since day 1. Obama would designate that you cannot turn the white house into a condominium and foxnews.com would criticize him. A few nobodies criticizes the national park move, foxnews.com and LRS-Dale , pounce on it.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191388 May 24, 2014
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191389 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Foxnews.com , eh? They'd do anything to spin idiocies on a president they've hated since day 1. Obama would designate that you cannot turn the white house into a condominium and foxnews.com would criticize him. A few nobodies criticizes the national park move, foxnews.com and LRS-Dale , pounce on it.
Of course, your standard tactic. Shoot the messenger. Brilliant! Like I said, National Monument, my azz! Nevada, now New Mexico. Wonder why he skipped Arizona? 600,000 acres to save a turtle (right), plus 500,000 acres for a National Monument. Two land grabs totaling over a billion acres. To joko, this is a wise use of land! Get back in your car and leave!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#191390 May 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Week even the REMFs at the Flag Pole don't seem to "get it". Military people are not life whiny azzed Liberals. Whether your hell-hole was on the Shores of Tripoli or n island call Iwo Jima or Chosin Reservoir or a place called Fallujah every thing else is soo much better.
Service man and woman are use to standing in line but the ghetto people don't. They get upset if their food stamps area day late or they can not get more than three Obama Phones.
There are very few Liberals in the military. the more Liberal you are, the more you moan and grown about anything. So when you here some stat like this one, just remember it was written by a REMF-ing Libtard.
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA)
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA)
Representative Joe Sestak, D-PA
Representative Chris Carney, D-PA
Representative Patrick Murphy, D-PA
Representative Phil Hare, D-IL
Representative Jack Murtha (D-PA)
Former House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt
Representative David Bonior
Former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle
Senator Bob Kerrey... Democrat
Vice President Al Gore
Senator Daniel Inouye,
Senator John Kerry,
Representative Charles Rangel
Sen Max Cleland
Sen, Chris Dodd
Sen Ted Kennnedy
President Jack Kennedy
Gen Wesley Clark

the list goes on and on and on and on.....
wojar

Blackwood, NJ

#191391 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
Oh, the filet was excellent. As was the fresh and crisp salad along with a perfectly cooked potato. Won a hundred bucks and had a great time. What did you do? LMAO! Nevermind.
The poor sap doesn't realize he had crow.

Ottawa

#191392 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, your standard tactic. Shoot the messenger. Brilliant! Like I said, National Monument, my azz! Nevada, now New Mexico. Wonder why he skipped Arizona? 600,000 acres to save a turtle (right), plus 500,000 acres for a National Monument. Two land grabs totaling over a billion acres. To joko, this is a wise use of land! Get back in your car and leave!
Sorry, can't drive across the pond to Canada, France.

Ottawa

#191393 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
Your chronology begins in the 15th century, parasite. What about before that?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191394 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Since you're the one so distraught over the whole slavery issue, my suggestion is to try Google.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191395 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry, can't drive across the pond to Canada, France.
Your comprehension is worrisome, joko. I just said, "leave"! But, if you wish to try and drive across the Atlantic, I'm all for it! Go for it, I think you can make it. You already own the amphibious car, right? blurp blurp blurp

For some reason that's really easy to picture! MASTER AND COMMANDER! LMAO!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#191396 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Grateful you cite one example of prejudice in my post. Not two, or three or four, just ONE.
If your rate my condemnation of slavery as practiced by the white man as prejudice, so be it. While we are at it, any slavery by ANY race I condemn. Yes, show me my prejudice.
You still blame ONLY white people when it was black people who enslaved them in Africa to begin with. And there were blacks who owned slaves. And most people did not own slaves but you condemn them too simply because they are white.
As a former Catholic who is now an Atheist, do you believe in Original Sin? I question it as a baby did nothing wrong. So how could a white person born today be responsible for slavery over a hundred and fifty years ago.
I do not blame Germans for the Holocaust. Sure I blame the NAZIs and the Waffen SS. I have no problem with honorable warriors, much like myself, who were just doing their duty.
Oh, one of my offices I had in Germany was an old Gestapo headquarters!

Location hidden

#191397 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
Chronology of slavery.
http://www.brycchancarey.com/slavery/chrono2 ....
<quoted text>
Obviously you did not read the link as it covers all post-Roman Empire slavery in Europe. It does not mention slavery in Muslim countries. Oh, they still have slavery in parts of Africa.

Location hidden

#191398 May 24, 2014
They still have indentured servitude in S. Korea It is not uncommon for young women to be sold into indentured servitude mostly from poor fisherman and farmers. They are usually sold to a Hajima and must pay off their bond before they are given their freedom. Many end up as club girls near U.S.military bases and they get as many boy friends as they can handle. A few actually marry GIs and get their bonds paid off and a trip to the land of the Great PX (America).
We use to take odds when a new girl got a job at the Officers Club or barber shop. I would say half got married within six months.
I used to have funny with them by winking at them as most Oriental people can not wink. It drives them nuts!

Location hidden

#191399 May 24, 2014
Excuse me, the correct word is Ajumma which is basically a woman of marital age but is often used by GIs to describe a woman who runs a club.

Ottawa

#191400 May 24, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're the one so distraught over the whole slavery issue, my suggestion is to try Google.
I knew about the origins of slavery way before the invention of Google. However, try this from Google :

HISTORY OF SLAVERY
An evil of civilization

Slavery enters human history with civilization. Hunter-gatherers and primitive farmers have no use for a slave. They collect or grow just enough food for themselves. One more pair of hands is one more mouth. There is no economic advantage in owning another human being.

Once people gather in towns and cities, a surplus of food created in the countryside (often now on large estates) makes possible a wide range of crafts in the town. On a large farm or in a workshop there is real benefit in a reliable source of cheap labour, costing no more than the minimum of food and lodging. These are the conditions for slavery. Every ancient civilization uses slaves. And it proves easy to acquire them.

War is the main source of supply, and wars are frequent and brutal in early civilizations. When a town falls to a hostile army, it is normal to take into slavery those inhabitants who will make useful workers and to kill the rest.

There are several other ways in which slaves are acquired. Pirates offer their captives for sale. A criminal may be sentenced to slavery. An unpayable debt can bring the end of liberty. The impoverished sell their own children. And the children of slaves are themselves slaves - though with a cheap supply of labour available through war, not many owners will allow their slaves the diversion of raising a family.

Slaves in Babylon: 18th century BC

Information about slaves in early societies relates mainly to their legal status, which is essentially that of an object - part of the owner's valuable property. The Code of Hammurabi, from Babylon in the 18th century BC, gives chilling details of the different Rewards and penalties for surgeons operating on free men or slaves. But it also reveals that the system is not one of unmitigated brutality. Surprisingly, Babylonian slaves are themselves allowed to own property.

But the first civilization in which we know a great deal about the role of slaves is that of ancient Greece.

Slaves in Greece: from the 7th century BC

Both the leading states of Greece - Sparta and Athens - depend entirely upon forced labour, though the system in Sparta is more properly described as serfdom rather than slavery. The distinction is that the helots of Sparta are a conquered people, living on their own hereditary land but forced to work it for their Spartan masters. Their existence is a traditional rural one to which certain rights remain attached.

The slaves of Athens, by contrast, have no conventional rights. But their condition varies greatly according to the work they do.

The most unfortunate Athenian slaves are the miners, who are driven often to the point of death by their owners (the mines are state-owned but are leased to private managers). By contrast other categories of slaves - particularly those owned directly by the state, such as the 300 Scythian archers who provide the police force of Athens - can acquire a certain prestige.

And it goes on and on, and it starts much earlier than what you've read above. Oh, haven't read it? I see. When did your eyes start watering?

Read more: http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/plaintext...

==========

Poor LOSER.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191401 May 24, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
LRS wrote:
Chronology of slavery.
http://www.brycchancarey.com/slavery/chrono2 ....
<quoted text>
Obviously you did not read the link as it covers all post-Roman Empire slavery in Europe. It does not mention slavery in Muslim countries. Oh, they still have slavery in parts of Africa.
How thoughtless of me. But, I didn't feel like going all the back to 1760 B.C., I tired upon reaching the 15th! I suggested he try Google for further info. Joko never needs Google, though. He's got it all in his head, don't ya know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,509,249
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,499
The Scoop on Weiner. 1 hr Reality 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Juan ortega 105,056
Obama has LEAK under sink. 11 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 11 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 11 hr HANG MADIGAN 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance