BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 194582 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191276 May 22, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a baseball fly? Moron.
Romper: "It's not a matter of whether it will fly or not, it does."
And Romper fantasizes that an ancient Tolima artifact, which cannot fly, actually flies. Clue Romper, it only flies like a baseball or an arrow flies: if you throw it, it flies through the air until it falls to the ground. What a gullible fool.
<quoted text>
What part of "it has already flown", do you not get? You don't know what you're talking about. Typical. DOLT
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191277 May 22, 2014
Scroll to Flight in Ancient Egypt.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/egipto/esp_...

You're FOS Slooootard!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#191278 May 22, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're claiming the Big Bang is fact? I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, only that it remains a theory.
I understand.

Yes, I am claiming the big bang is a fact.

Like I posted to Loose earlier... You can dispute what the origins of the big bang were. You can dispute the math involved. You may argue that there was a "prime mover". But the universe originated from a single point in space without doubt.

Physicist and cosmologist call that point in space a "singularity". Which is a fancy way of saying we honestly have no idea what the hell it was. We know it was very small and very dense.("very" doesn't really do it any justice at all.) Black holes are singularities as well.

I have heard some hypothesis state that our universe's origin came from the other side of a super massive black hole. And the math works. Black holes rip matter apart down to the smallest fundamental building blocks. Which is exactly what we started with. It is entirely possible that we reside on the other side of a black hole in another universe.

But we can't state with certainty how the singularity arose. Dr. Krauss published a book not long ago called "Something from nothing." and as counter intuitive as it seems... it happens. Particles pop in and out of existence everywhere, all the time.

"Remaining a theory" is equivalent to "Remaining the best idea anyone has ever had on the subject".

As I explained before... there are no higher classifications in science for an idea than a theory.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191279 May 22, 2014
LRS wrote:
Scruff, have you seen these ancient relics? The vertical tail is a bit puzzling. Check out the gold relic, a scale model of that was made and tested. It flew. So, what were the ancients seeing in the skies that had vertical tails? Fascinating.
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/11/science...
I have watched a few of the ancient alien shows. There are a whole lot of "less than honest" statements made in them. I was kind of stunned that the History Channel was where I came across this show.

But you are 100% correct. It is a fascinating show. Outstanding entertainment, and thought provoking. It was interesting enough for me to look into it, and it didn't take very long to find this.

I promise that this is every bit as interesting as watching the series itself. It is well made and you may find you end up laughing at yourself a bit.... I did.

Give it ten mins or so to grab your attention.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191280 May 22, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
Yes, I am claiming the big bang is a fact.
Like I posted to Loose earlier... You can dispute what the origins of the big bang were. You can dispute the math involved. You may argue that there was a "prime mover". But the universe originated from a single point in space without doubt.
Physicist and cosmologist call that point in space a "singularity". Which is a fancy way of saying we honestly have no idea what the hell it was. We know it was very small and very dense.("very" doesn't really do it any justice at all.) Black holes are singularities as well.
I have heard some hypothesis state that our universe's origin came from the other side of a super massive black hole. And the math works. Black holes rip matter apart down to the smallest fundamental building blocks. Which is exactly what we started with. It is entirely possible that we reside on the other side of a black hole in another universe.
But we can't state with certainty how the singularity arose. Dr. Krauss published a book not long ago called "Something from nothing." and as counter intuitive as it seems... it happens. Particles pop in and out of existence everywhere, all the time.
"Remaining a theory" is equivalent to "Remaining the best idea anyone has ever had on the subject".
As I explained before... there are no higher classifications in science for an idea than a theory.
Interesting points you make. Black holes certainly are mysterious, eating anything and everything around them. That kind of density and power is truly awesome. What eventually happens to a black hole? Do they implode and become a super nova? Incredible to even try and imagine. Maybe one day we'll have all the answers. Then again, if we had all the answers, what would we do? Ha! Anyway, I'm off to the sack. Have a good one. Enjoyed the little chat.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#191281 May 22, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang is a theory. Has been and will be. But if you wish to pretend otherwise, go right ahead. You forgot about satellites, didn't you? LMAO! Go tell NASA we can't observe the Earth's orbit and see what kind of response you get. You chew on bricks in your spare time, don't you? DOLT
The illiterate fool thinks I said the big bang isn't a theory? pray tell where did he get that idea?

I said the theory of gravity is also a theory and the heliocentric model is also a theory.

We can observe changes forces due to a gravitational field, but that does not mean we can "see" gravity any more than tracking the earth's position allows us to "see" the earth's orbit. The earth's orbit is CALCULATED from data measurements.

Capisce?
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry loser, you claimed that we can "see" the orbit. The fact remains, that satellites report data that we interpret. It (heliocentric model) is a conclusion, based on very strong evidence that the earth orbits the sun. Similarly, the big bang is a conclusion based on very strong evidence.
But Bayou Boy hallucinates that he can "see" the orbit of the earth. he looked at a childs science book that shows a drawing of a circle around the sun, called the Earth's orbit, and concluded that we can see the orbit.
Sad. Very sad.

Bristol, CT

#191282 May 22, 2014
LRS wrote:
You're FOS Slooootard!
Romper is confused. That page has nothing to do with the Tolima artifact that he claimed can fly.

Bristol, CT

#191283 May 22, 2014
And since when is an Egyptian artifact, modeled after a bird, which can glide, evidence of aliens visiting the earth? To make it glide, the Egyptians were sufficiently ingenious to add a vertical tail. The artifact even has a bird's head and eyes.

Grow up.

Bristol, CT

#191284 May 22, 2014
What did the ancients see in the air that had wings and could fly?

Birds.

Bristol, CT

#191285 May 23, 2014
And the Egyptians had fletched arrows, 120 degree spacing. Lay a fletched arrow on the ground and what do you see sticking up? A vertical tail. Not at all hard to see how a bird model made to glide would have incorporated aerodynamic features already known to the ancients: the wings of a bird combined with the fletching of an arrow, a gliding bird could be crafted. That's hardly evidence of visitors from space.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191286 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting points you make. Black holes certainly are mysterious, eating anything and everything around them. That kind of density and power is truly awesome. What eventually happens to a black hole? Do they implode and become a super nova? Incredible to even try and imagine. Maybe one day we'll have all the answers. Then again, if we had all the answers, what would we do? Ha! Anyway, I'm off to the sack. Have a good one. Enjoyed the little chat.
Stars the size of our Sun... as massive as they become, go out with a whimper. They become unstable the second they begin to produce iron. As fusing iron doesn't provide the energy needed to maintain the star's constant battle against gravity.

The Star then goes into it's "death throws". Kind of like a human that can't seem to breathe... they convulse. Our Sun will fight it's fate with everything it has.(That is a lot.) It will expand to the point where the surface of the Sun will swallow Mercury and Venus. It will come close enough to the Earth to sterilize it... nothing but rock left.(If it doesn't swallow Earth as well.)

Then it will cast off everything but it's core in a mighty explosion (including all of the elements it has created) and live for another few billion years as a brown dwarf star. Warm, dim... unimpressive.

Stars that are much bigger than our Sun... bare minimum of ten times larger... are destined for something more spectacular. As they are large enough that when they begin to fight for their existence they are strong enough to overcome gravity and the result would be a supernova. Which creates the less common heavier elements such as gold.(So if you have a gold ring... appreciate that it was forged in a supernova.) These explosions leave behind quickly rotating balls of (mainly) neutrons called Pulsars.

Stars that make those look like chumps... the ultra huge stars (At least 25 times larger than our Sun.) are even more powerful... but they are so heavy that gravity prevails. They collapse into themselves and give birth to black holes.

Black holes are objects that have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.

As far as we know... they are immortal. They eat supernova type stars for breakfast. As long as they don't run into a heavier black hole nothing can stop them. But without black holes... we would have no galaxies. Just as the planets revolve around the Sun... billions of stars rotate around super massive black holes. The closest one we have found resides smack in the middle of the Milky Way.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#191287 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
You're FOS Slooootard!
More poetry from the distinguished scholar.

Bristol, CT

#191288 May 23, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Stars the size of our Sun... as massive as they become, go out with a whimper. They become unstable the second they begin to produce iron. As fusing iron doesn't provide the energy needed to maintain the star's constant battle against gravity.
The Star then goes into it's "death throws". Kind of like a human that can't seem to breathe... they convulse. Our Sun will fight it's fate with everything it has.(That is a lot.) It will expand to the point where the surface of the Sun will swallow Mercury and Venus. It will come close enough to the Earth to sterilize it... nothing but rock left.(If it doesn't swallow Earth as well.)
Then it will cast off everything but it's core in a mighty explosion (including all of the elements it has created) and live for another few billion years as a brown dwarf star. Warm, dim... unimpressive.
Stars that are much bigger than our Sun... bare minimum of ten times larger... are destined for something more spectacular. As they are large enough that when they begin to fight for their existence they are strong enough to overcome gravity and the result would be a supernova. Which creates the less common heavier elements such as gold.(So if you have a gold ring... appreciate that it was forged in a supernova.) These explosions leave behind quickly rotating balls of (mainly) neutrons called Pulsars.
Stars that make those look like chumps... the ultra huge stars (At least 25 times larger than our Sun.) are even more powerful... but they are so heavy that gravity prevails. They collapse into themselves and give birth to black holes.
Black holes are objects that have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.
As far as we know... they are immortal. They eat supernova type stars for breakfast. As long as they don't run into a heavier black hole nothing can stop them. But without black holes... we would have no galaxies. Just as the planets revolve around the Sun... billions of stars rotate around super massive black holes. The closest one we have found resides smack in the middle of the Milky Way.
Your descriptions are very well crafted so that the non-scientist can understand. Many a science writer could not write a description so well and not nearly as authoritatively.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#191289 May 23, 2014
Jacques,
I watched a short clip of Po Obama's pep talk at the Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday.
He was pushing foreign tourism to the United States saying that the faster they can fly them in to La Guardia and JFK, the faster they can get them to Cooperstown.
LOL. We are all doomed.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#191290 May 23, 2014
Jacques,
One of the recurring themes in Barack Obama's speeches is that national security is always their top priority.
I see a pattern in his speeches. Don't ask me to explain.
loose

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#191291 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your descriptions are very well crafted so that the non-scientist can understand. Many a science writer could not write a description so well and not nearly as authoritatively.
You are so right concerning Scrutiny's descriptions. They do make science easier to understand. Einstein was able to "vulgarize" science, thereby making it decipherable for nitwits like me. Vulgarization is as much a science as the knowledge of the subject itself. I always marvel at the simple explanation Einstein gave on his theory of relativity.

In short, kudos to Scrutiny and to you, wojar. You two must be great teachers.

==========

VULGARIZATION [vul&#8242;g&#601;r i z&#257;&#8242;s&#8 24;h&#601;n] Oxford)

noun.

the act or an instance of making something, as abstruse or highly technical information, more readily intelligible or widely known
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191292 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The illiterate fool thinks I said the big bang isn't a theory? pray tell where did he get that idea?
I said the theory of gravity is also a theory and the heliocentric model is also a theory.
We can observe changes forces due to a gravitational field, but that does not mean we can "see" gravity any more than tracking the earth's position allows us to "see" the earth's orbit. The earth's orbit is CALCULATED from data measurements.
Capisce?
<quoted text>
Red bricks?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191293 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
And the Egyptians had fletched arrows, 120 degree spacing. Lay a fletched arrow on the ground and what do you see sticking up? A vertical tail. Not at all hard to see how a bird model made to glide would have incorporated aerodynamic features already known to the ancients: the wings of a bird combined with the fletching of an arrow, a gliding bird could be crafted. That's hardly evidence of visitors from space.
I would really hate to be as closed-minded as you are. What a small world you live in. That, my friend, is sad.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#191294 May 23, 2014
What a criminal mess they are making out of the sky.
The atmosphere is all you have protecting you from the void and vacuum of space.
You are all doomed.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191295 May 23, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
What a criminal mess they are making out of the sky.
The atmosphere is all you have protecting you from the void and vacuum of space.
You are all doomed.
Ever looked at an FAA Reg. book? Ha! The gov makes a mess out of everything they get into. We are in a state of laughable affairs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,263,747
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Rose of Tralee 100,278
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 2 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Gas Woman 70,145
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mexico 54,319
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 6 hr OLD need 2 die 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 6 hr NAZIFASCISTSTAR-D... 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages