BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 222922 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#191286 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting points you make. Black holes certainly are mysterious, eating anything and everything around them. That kind of density and power is truly awesome. What eventually happens to a black hole? Do they implode and become a super nova? Incredible to even try and imagine. Maybe one day we'll have all the answers. Then again, if we had all the answers, what would we do? Ha! Anyway, I'm off to the sack. Have a good one. Enjoyed the little chat.
Stars the size of our Sun... as massive as they become, go out with a whimper. They become unstable the second they begin to produce iron. As fusing iron doesn't provide the energy needed to maintain the star's constant battle against gravity.

The Star then goes into it's "death throws". Kind of like a human that can't seem to breathe... they convulse. Our Sun will fight it's fate with everything it has.(That is a lot.) It will expand to the point where the surface of the Sun will swallow Mercury and Venus. It will come close enough to the Earth to sterilize it... nothing but rock left.(If it doesn't swallow Earth as well.)

Then it will cast off everything but it's core in a mighty explosion (including all of the elements it has created) and live for another few billion years as a brown dwarf star. Warm, dim... unimpressive.

Stars that are much bigger than our Sun... bare minimum of ten times larger... are destined for something more spectacular. As they are large enough that when they begin to fight for their existence they are strong enough to overcome gravity and the result would be a supernova. Which creates the less common heavier elements such as gold.(So if you have a gold ring... appreciate that it was forged in a supernova.) These explosions leave behind quickly rotating balls of (mainly) neutrons called Pulsars.

Stars that make those look like chumps... the ultra huge stars (At least 25 times larger than our Sun.) are even more powerful... but they are so heavy that gravity prevails. They collapse into themselves and give birth to black holes.

Black holes are objects that have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.

As far as we know... they are immortal. They eat supernova type stars for breakfast. As long as they don't run into a heavier black hole nothing can stop them. But without black holes... we would have no galaxies. Just as the planets revolve around the Sun... billions of stars rotate around super massive black holes. The closest one we have found resides smack in the middle of the Milky Way.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#191287 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
Scroll to Flight in Ancient Egypt.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/egipto/esp_...
You're FOS Slooootard!
More poetry from the distinguished scholar.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#191288 May 23, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Stars the size of our Sun... as massive as they become, go out with a whimper. They become unstable the second they begin to produce iron. As fusing iron doesn't provide the energy needed to maintain the star's constant battle against gravity.
The Star then goes into it's "death throws". Kind of like a human that can't seem to breathe... they convulse. Our Sun will fight it's fate with everything it has.(That is a lot.) It will expand to the point where the surface of the Sun will swallow Mercury and Venus. It will come close enough to the Earth to sterilize it... nothing but rock left.(If it doesn't swallow Earth as well.)
Then it will cast off everything but it's core in a mighty explosion (including all of the elements it has created) and live for another few billion years as a brown dwarf star. Warm, dim... unimpressive.
Stars that are much bigger than our Sun... bare minimum of ten times larger... are destined for something more spectacular. As they are large enough that when they begin to fight for their existence they are strong enough to overcome gravity and the result would be a supernova. Which creates the less common heavier elements such as gold.(So if you have a gold ring... appreciate that it was forged in a supernova.) These explosions leave behind quickly rotating balls of (mainly) neutrons called Pulsars.
Stars that make those look like chumps... the ultra huge stars (At least 25 times larger than our Sun.) are even more powerful... but they are so heavy that gravity prevails. They collapse into themselves and give birth to black holes.
Black holes are objects that have an escape velocity greater than the speed of light.
As far as we know... they are immortal. They eat supernova type stars for breakfast. As long as they don't run into a heavier black hole nothing can stop them. But without black holes... we would have no galaxies. Just as the planets revolve around the Sun... billions of stars rotate around super massive black holes. The closest one we have found resides smack in the middle of the Milky Way.
Your descriptions are very well crafted so that the non-scientist can understand. Many a science writer could not write a description so well and not nearly as authoritatively.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#191289 May 23, 2014
Jacques,
I watched a short clip of Po Obama's pep talk at the Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday.
He was pushing foreign tourism to the United States saying that the faster they can fly them in to La Guardia and JFK, the faster they can get them to Cooperstown.
LOL. We are all doomed.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#191290 May 23, 2014
Jacques,
One of the recurring themes in Barack Obama's speeches is that national security is always their top priority.
I see a pattern in his speeches. Don't ask me to explain.
loose

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#191291 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your descriptions are very well crafted so that the non-scientist can understand. Many a science writer could not write a description so well and not nearly as authoritatively.
You are so right concerning Scrutiny's descriptions. They do make science easier to understand. Einstein was able to "vulgarize" science, thereby making it decipherable for nitwits like me. Vulgarization is as much a science as the knowledge of the subject itself. I always marvel at the simple explanation Einstein gave on his theory of relativity.

In short, kudos to Scrutiny and to you, wojar. You two must be great teachers.

==========

VULGARIZATION [vul&#8242;g&#601;r i z&#257;&#8242;s&#8 24;h&#601;n] Oxford)

noun.

the act or an instance of making something, as abstruse or highly technical information, more readily intelligible or widely known
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191292 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
The illiterate fool thinks I said the big bang isn't a theory? pray tell where did he get that idea?
I said the theory of gravity is also a theory and the heliocentric model is also a theory.
We can observe changes forces due to a gravitational field, but that does not mean we can "see" gravity any more than tracking the earth's position allows us to "see" the earth's orbit. The earth's orbit is CALCULATED from data measurements.
Capisce?
<quoted text>
Red bricks?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191293 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
And the Egyptians had fletched arrows, 120 degree spacing. Lay a fletched arrow on the ground and what do you see sticking up? A vertical tail. Not at all hard to see how a bird model made to glide would have incorporated aerodynamic features already known to the ancients: the wings of a bird combined with the fletching of an arrow, a gliding bird could be crafted. That's hardly evidence of visitors from space.
I would really hate to be as closed-minded as you are. What a small world you live in. That, my friend, is sad.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#191294 May 23, 2014
What a criminal mess they are making out of the sky.
The atmosphere is all you have protecting you from the void and vacuum of space.
You are all doomed.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#191295 May 23, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
What a criminal mess they are making out of the sky.
The atmosphere is all you have protecting you from the void and vacuum of space.
You are all doomed.
Ever looked at an FAA Reg. book? Ha! The gov makes a mess out of everything they get into. We are in a state of laughable affairs!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#191297 May 23, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
I watched a short clip of Po Obama's pep talk at the Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday.
He was pushing foreign tourism to the United States saying that the faster they can fly them in to La Guardia and JFK, the faster they can get them to Cooperstown.
LOL. We are all doomed.
Obama is an idiot if he thinks he can make us believe that people that live in countries that do not value baseball as we do would want to travel to the United States to visit The Baseball Hall of Fame. Where is the Soccer Hall of Fame? The National Soccer Hall of Fame in Oneonta, New York opened in 1999 and 99% of the people in the United States never heard of it or visited it. How many people go to The English Football Hall of Fame in Manchester, England? How many people know that the World Football Hall of Fame is in Pachuca, Mexico? The International Football Hall of Fame was supposed to be moved to Valencia, Spain in 2004,who knows?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191298 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always felt that knowledge is absolutely useless if you are unable to relay the information.

I appreciate that compliment more than you know.

Thanks.

Bristol, CT

#191299 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I would really hate to be as closed-minded as you are. What a small world you live in. That, my friend, is sad.
Your silly fantasy is predicated on the presumption that a vertical tail is strong evidence of alien visitors. Sorry to burst your bubble with facts, evidence, and logic.

In Romper's world, facts, evidence, logic, and reason are the hallmarks of living in a small world. So living in a padded cell is living in a big world?

Sad.
wojar wrote:
And the Egyptians had fletched arrows, 120 degree spacing. Lay a fletched arrow on the ground and what do you see sticking up? A vertical tail. Not at all hard to see how a bird model made to glide would have incorporated aerodynamic features already known to the ancients: the wings of a bird combined with the fletching of an arrow, a gliding bird could be crafted. That's hardly evidence of visitors from space.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191300 May 23, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right concerning Scrutiny's descriptions. They do make science easier to understand. Einstein was able to "vulgarize" science, thereby making it decipherable for nitwits like me. Vulgarization is as much a science as the knowledge of the subject itself. I always marvel at the simple explanation Einstein gave on his theory of relativity.
In short, kudos to Scrutiny and to you, wojar. You two must be great teachers.
==========
VULGARIZATION [vul&#8242;g&#601;r i z&#257;&#8242;s&#8 24;h&#601;n] Oxford)
noun.
the act or an instance of making something, as abstruse or highly technical information, more readily intelligible or widely known
Thank you as well.

:)

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191301 May 23, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
One of the recurring themes in Barack Obama's speeches is that national security is always their top priority.
I see a pattern in his speeches. Don't ask me to explain.
loose
No need to explain... I see it too.

Bristol, CT

#191302 May 23, 2014
BTW, that's a standard technique in evaluating patentability of inventions: combining references. The question is frequently if invention A combined with a feature of invention B "would have been obvious to a person of ordinary skill in the art, the time of the invention," to produce the new invention. According to US patent law, cases such as Graham v John Deere, KSR v Teleflex, Mintz v Dietz & Watson provide much of necessary guidance.

As far as a vertical tail on a bird model is concerned, the technique is very instructive. Apparently applying the methods of invention analysis to ancient innovations means the practitioner is living in a "small world."

Bristol, CT

#191303 May 23, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Red bricks?
Padded cell in Fantasyland?

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191304 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your silly fantasy is predicated on the presumption that a vertical tail is strong evidence of alien visitors. Sorry to burst your bubble with facts, evidence, and logic.
In Romper's world, facts, evidence, logic, and reason are the hallmarks of living in a small world. So living in a padded cell is living in a big world?
Sad.
<quoted text>
The object is a flying fish... it looks like a bird because the fish look like a bird.(Including the vertical fin) Not to mention the simplicity of the thing.

Those Ancient Alien shows had some compelling information. But when I looked into it for myself I found most of it to be exaggeration and the kind of deception where you omit key information to make situations seem more fantastic. But the jaw droppers were 100% fabrication. The "experts" have books to sell. The History Channel has "historically" been trustworthy... something happened over the last 10 years there.

For example... And this is a game changer.

All of this stuff that takes place seems to have happened nearly forever ago... as the term "Ancient" in the title would have you believe. However, if I had to match the time period with an event that everyone is familiar with... it would be Christopher Columbus sailing the Atlantic.

But they pass it off like these were post stone age folk who were visited by aliens.

Another huge lie is one they swing on for the entire series. They claim that the material used to construct the place "This is not sand stone... it is granite and diorite. In order to craft these stones it would have taken diamond tipped cutting tools."

Well upon further review... the stone is in fact... sand stone and anthracite. It could have been worked by nearly any civilization on the planet at the time.

When you realize that the Egyptians managed the great pyramids 4,000 years earlier... the whole thing becomes...less impressive.

Bristol, CT

#191305 May 23, 2014
wojar wrote:
BTW, that's a standard technique in evaluating patentability of inventions: combining references. The question is frequently if invention A combined with a feature of invention B "would have been obvious to a person of ordinary skill in the art, the time of the invention," to produce the new invention. According to US patent law, cases such as Graham v John Deere, KSR v Teleflex, Mintz v Dietz & Watson provide much of necessary guidance.
As far as a vertical tail on a bird model is concerned, the technique is very instructive. Apparently applying the methods of invention analysis to ancient innovations means the practitioner is living in a "small world."
The combination was a model using bird-like wings with a vertical tail; the vertical tail obvious by laying an arrow (with fletching feathers at 120 degrees) on the ground. Combine the two and voila, the ancient Egyptians had a nice little glider to play with.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

#191306 May 23, 2014
Sorry.... the vertical fin is on the fish.

The first few sentences make it sound like birds have them too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min OzRitz 1,421,475
Chicago has the Worst Women 54 min Marriage Never 58
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Actual Science 61,112
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Retired SOF 1,484
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 3,063
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,438
News 3 dead, 22 wounded in Chicago shootings 5 hr grounded in reali... 10
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Go Blue Forever 103,469

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages