BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190868 May 18, 2014
I have never taken a course in acrobatics. Helicopter pilots do not need to but plane pilots probably should. About a quarter of all fatal plane crashes involve low altitude spins.
Every airplane pilot practices simple stalls both power off (landing configuration) and full power (take off configuration) and my plane will lose only 100-200 feet during a SIMPLE stall but in a two-turn spin it would probably lose about a thousand feet.
Since most unintentional spins happen in the traffic pattern at traffic pattern altitude, less than one thousand feet, if you lose more than a thousand feet in a spin, you are DEAD!
All to often it is in the turn to final when you are slightly high and a slight over shoot. So you naturally tuck it in and pull the nose up and push the pedal in the direction of the turn which might induce a stall/spin and two seconds later it is all over.
Sooooo, it is best to go around and get it straight. Go arounds a fee unless you are out of fuel, the engine(s) have quit or the plane is on fire. Yep, so times it is best to swallow your pride and try again.
Besides complacency, ego is the biggest killer. That is why lawyers and medical doctors should think two or three times before they take up the sport.

Location hidden

#190869 May 18, 2014
Scott Crossfield was another noted test pilot who make his fame flying the X-15 rocket plane. He died at age 85 when he flew his Cessna 210 Centurion into a thunderstorm in 2006 and the aircarft broke up in flight. Yep, 46 years after he retired, he bought the farm.
Yep, gotta know when to retire your wings

Albert "Scott" Crossfield
Retirement December 6, 1960

Albert "Scott" Crossfield (October 2, 1921 – April 19, 2006) was an American naval officer and test pilot. In 1953, he became the first pilot to fly at twice the speed of sound.

In September 1954, Crossfield was forced to make a dead stick landing in the North American F-100 Super Sabre he was evaluating at Dryden, a feat which North American's own test pilots doubted could be done, as the F-100 had a high landing speed. Crossfield made a perfect approach and touchdown, but was unable to bring the unpowered aircraft to a halt in a safe distance, and was forced to use the wall of the NACA hangar as a makeshift brake after narrowly missing several parked experimental aircraft ("with great precision," as he later wryly joked). Crossfield was uninjured, and the F-100 was later repaired and returned to service.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Scott_Cro...

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#190870 May 18, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it his his team. What gives anyone the right to take his business away from him? If his black players don't want to play for him, let them find another team and then the Clippers will have no players to field a team. But I haven't heard about any of his team walking. Have you?
You Libtards are nothing more than Fascists.
Sterling is a franchise owner Rogue, which is no different than if he owned a Wendy's or any other franchise.

While he has every right to his personal opinion, his fan base, corporate sponsors and other franchises have just as much right to be appalled and refuse to support his type of ignorance.

What gives anyone the right to take his business you ask.

No one is taking anything from Sterling Rogue. The man is being forced sell and it has nothing to do with being liberal, conservative or fascist.

“Not only does the NBA have a contractual provision that allows for dissolving of a franchise if 75 percent of the owners vote that way; it has a war chest funded by 29 other billionaires, should Sterling choose to fight his ban for life and $2.5 million fine.

This isn't a morality play by the NBA. It is a business decision being made by a global multibillion-dollar industry hiding behind the smoke and mirrors of being a morality play.
EVEN THOUGH THOSE WHO DEFEND STERLING ON THE BASIS OF THE FIRST AMENDMENT ARE DISPLAYING A DISTURBINGLY IGNORANT UNDERSTANDING OF ONE OF OUR BASIC RIGHTS AS AMERICANS, the NBA understands it could end up on the bad side of freedom of speech and expression issues.

Sterling has the right to say what he wants, but people have the freedom to respond. Negative comments and protest in reaction to Sterling are all legal expressions of speech”
http://articles.philly.com/2014-05-16/sports/...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190871 May 18, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I have never taken a course in acrobatics. Helicopter pilots do not need to but plane pilots probably should. About a quarter of all fatal plane crashes involve low altitude spins.
Every airplane pilot practices simple stalls both power off (landing configuration) and full power (take off configuration) and my plane will lose only 100-200 feet during a SIMPLE stall but in a two-turn spin it would probably lose about a thousand feet.
Since most unintentional spins happen in the traffic pattern at traffic pattern altitude, less than one thousand feet, if you lose more than a thousand feet in a spin, you are DEAD!
All to often it is in the turn to final when you are slightly high and a slight over shoot. So you naturally tuck it in and pull the nose up and push the pedal in the direction of the turn which might induce a stall/spin and two seconds later it is all over.
Sooooo, it is best to go around and get it straight. Go arounds a fee unless you are out of fuel, the engine(s) have quit or the plane is on fire. Yep, so times it is best to swallow your pride and try again.
Besides complacency, ego is the biggest killer. That is why lawyers and medical doctors should think two or three times before they take up the sport.
So, if I understand correctly, better to be ignorant and without any kind of diploma in order to be a good pilot. Okay.

Location hidden

#190872 May 18, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, I am center row, third from the right.
http://www.vhpadata.org/wocpics/70-19b2.jpg
The Tac Officer CW2 Johnson was KIA in Vietnam two years later
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos.
I was almost the first in my class to solo but my aircraft fouled some spark plugs. I soloed the next day which made me 14th out of 180.
In the late 1960's there was a surplus of 115/145 Octane AvGas at the big prop-jobs were being replaced by the C-130's, P-3, etc. The TH-55/Hughes 300 engines were designed for 100/130 Octane fuel which had less lead in the mix and caused more spark plug fouling. What's a little lead stuck between the gap in a spark plugs gap.
In 1973 they switched back to 100/130 but they did not adjust the ignition timing which increase the fuel consumption and for a few weeks we had TH-55 landing 5-10 miles from the heliport low on fuel. Modern cars with electronic ignitions will automatically adjust timing to compensate for engine knock.
Oh, if you run an older car with the ignition set for regular gas but use high octane, you will burn up the exhaust valves. Not because the fuel is hotter but is burns slower and is still burning when then valves open.
That's right kiddies, high octane fuel gasoline actually burns .... slower!!!

Location hidden

#190873 May 18, 2014
Oh, Scott Crossfield was one of only a dozen pilots that ever flew the X-15.

Location hidden

#190874 May 18, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, I am center row, third from the right.
http://www.vhpadata.org/wocpics/70-19b2.jpg
The Tac Officer CW2 Johnson was KIA in Vietnam two years later<quoted text>
I was almost the first in my class to solo but my aircraft fouled some spark plugs. I soloed the next day which made me 14th out of 180.
In the late 1960's there was a surplus of 115/145 Octane AvGas at the big prop-jobs were being replaced by the C-130's, P-3, etc. The TH-55/Hughes 300 engines were designed for 100/130 Octane fuel which had less lead in the mix and caused more spark plug fouling. What's a little lead stuck between the gap in a spark plugs gap.
In 1973 they switched back to 100/130 but they did not adjust the ignition timing which increase the fuel consumption and for a few weeks we had TH-55 landing 5-10 miles from the heliport low on fuel. Modern cars with electronic ignitions will automatically adjust timing to compensate for engine knock.
Oh, if you run an older car with the ignition set for regular gas but use high octane, you will burn up the exhaust valves. Not because the fuel is hotter but is burns slower and is still burning when then valves open.
That's right kiddies, high octane fuel gasoline actually burns .... slower!!!
One correction. This line should have read:
"Octane fuel which had less lead in the mix and caused LESS spark plug fouling."

During the late part of WWII they had a 100/150 Octane fuel which had a tremendous amount of lead in the fuel and typically spark plugs had to be changed every 25 flying hours. My plane is recommended to change standard spark plugs every 200 hours by It use fine-wire, iridium plugs and I have 500 hours on they. I, as a pilot, can remove plugs with out a FAA certified mechanic and test my own plugs and reinsert them. Where as standard plugs cost about $25 each the iridium plugs cost $80 each and my plane uses 12 plugs (about $960 if I change them out).
But you can not short change your maintenance as you can not park on a cloud and wait for a mechanic.

Location hidden

#190875 May 18, 2014
Just because you have more than one engine on a plane does not mean you will not crash if just one fails at a critical moment. Notice the right engine on this A/B-26 starts to smoke just before lift off.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#190876 May 18, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said he broke a law moron? Blather on you pathetic bigot. Blather on.( talk about a boatload of nothing)
Good Lord droolboy! You're the one that's been raising hell over it! Talk about your dipshyts! CMAO 4 U Sad, terribly sad.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#190877 May 18, 2014
Wonder why all the DIMs have been in such foul moods lately? HEE HEE HEE
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#190878 May 18, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Good Lord droolboy! You're the one that's been raising hell over it! Talk about your dipshyts! CMAO 4 U Sad, terribly sad.
Tell you what puss boi. You find one instance where I claimed Sterling broke a law and I'll be on the next flight to Shreveport Or you can just admit that this is just one more instance of Romper stuck on stupid

Moreno Valley, CA

#190879 May 18, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
You type and never say a damn thing! What law did he break? What actions should he be held accountable for? Have you used racial slurs? What part of his contract did he break? I've been asking you these questions for several days now, you never answer any of them! Yet, as the idiotic fool you are, you come right back with more NOTHING! Why do you waste the energy to type? LMAO @ U LOSER! You know if you open your mouth, you'll show everyone just what a hypocrite you are. Chickenshyt! Now, go find an open field, Spanky!
Sterling broke no law Mr. Liars yet he's certainly being held accountable for what he said.

I doubt you have a contract but why don't you just for fun bring shame on the outfit you work for and see if they don't fire your ass in a hot minute.

Quit being stupid Liars, I'm sure at some point your mother warned you to be careful what you say.

Never could understand business owners who think it okay to insult a portion of their clientèle and assume they'll suffer no consequences.

Moreno Valley, CA

#190880 May 18, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Jimmy Doolittle thought so! Also when they were interviewing pilots for the Bell X-1 project the general called Bob Hover in and asked him who the best pilot and he said "Chuck Yeager". And the general replied "Chuck said YOU were"!
So Both Jimmy Doolittle and Yeager said he was the best. Who and I to say other wise.
My father told me about getting into an inverted flat spin at 10,000 feet in a OV-1 Mohawk and the emergency procedure said if the airplane was not flying before going through 3,000 feet AGL, you were to eject. But he thought if he ejected while inverted, as soon as his shute would start to open, the plane would have fallen through him. He pulled out at 2,000 feet.
No question I'm absolutely impressed with Ole Bobs flying skills. I would be surprised if there was any better. But then what the hell do I know?

Location hidden

#190881 May 19, 2014
Circle Flies

A cowboy from Texas attended a social function where Barack Obama was trying to gather support for his Health Plan.

When Obama discovered the cowboy was from President Bush's home area, he started to belittle him by talking in a southern drawl and single syllable words.

As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head. The cowboy says, "Y'all havin' some problem with them circle flies?"

Obama stopped talking and said, "Well, yes, if that's what they're called, but I’ve never heard of circle flies."

"Well, sir," the cowboy replies, "Circle flies hang around ranches. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

"Oh," Obama replies as he goes back to rambling. But, a moment later he stops and bluntly asks, "Are you calling me a horse's ass?"

"No, sir," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for the citizens of this country to call their president a horse's ass."

"That's a good thing," Obama responds and begins rambling on once more.

After a long pause, the cowboy, in his best Texas drawl says, "Hard to fool them flies, though."

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190882 May 19, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Circle Flies
A cowboy from Texas attended a social function where Barack Obama was trying to gather support for his Health Plan.
When Obama discovered the cowboy was from President Bush's home area, he started to belittle him by talking in a southern drawl and single syllable words.
As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head. The cowboy says, "Y'all havin' some problem with them circle flies?"
Obama stopped talking and said, "Well, yes, if that's what they're called, but I’ve never heard of circle flies."
"Well, sir," the cowboy replies, "Circle flies hang around ranches. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."
"Oh," Obama replies as he goes back to rambling. But, a moment later he stops and bluntly asks, "Are you calling me a horse's ass?"
"No, sir," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for the citizens of this country to call their president a horse's ass."
After a long pause, the cowboy, in his best Texas drawl says, "Hard to fool them flies, though."
1. Another of Rogue's, to use his expression, repeat of a horse's ass joke;
2. Obamacare is more and more accepted, more and more a success. Got the sceptic's tongues hornswaggled, reducing them to platitudinous jokes.

Location hidden

#190884 May 19, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Circle Flies
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Another of Rogue's, to use his expression, repeat of a horse's ass joke;
2. Obamacare is more and more accepted, more and more a success. Got the sceptic's tongues hornswaggled, reducing them to platitudinous jokes.
We will find out in November just what We the People think about ObamaCare. But what I think is funny is NOW the Liberals are worried about the VA health Care, not because they care about our military vets, but because in a few years 99% of all Americans will have the same health care our vets. are now getting to include the VA Death Panels!!!
BTW, the Country Club RINOs are also very worried as they are the other 50% of the problem.

Location hidden

#190885 May 19, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Jimmy Doolittle thought so! Also when they were interviewing pilots for the Bell X-1 project the general called Bob Hover in and asked him who the best pilot and he said "Chuck Yeager". And the general replied "Chuck said YOU were"!
So Both Jimmy Doolittle and Yeager said he was the best. Who and I to say other wise.
My father told me about getting into an inverted flat spin at 10,000 feet in a OV-1 Mohawk and the emergency procedure said if the airplane was not flying before going through 3,000 feet AGL, you were to eject. But he thought if he ejected while inverted, as soon as his shute would start to open, the plane would have fallen through him. He pulled out at 2,000 feet.
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
No question I'm absolutely impressed with Ole Bobs flying skills. I would be surprised if there was any better. But then what the hell do I know?
Well, i know what a flat spin is and I also know what an inverted flat spin is and since my plane is not certified for acrobatics I avoid any situation that may result in either. Besides, I do not wear a parachute either.
Oh, this guy recovers from a flat spin but could not get his engine restarted. At least he did not hit the ground in the spin as he would not be alive to talk about it.

BTW, I am smart enough to know not to try what he did. Planes are not toys and you can get killed doing stupid things in them.

Location hidden

#190886 May 19, 2014
Now this guy is very good but also very lucky. He is flying a stunt plane that is certified for acrobatics but the incident starts at a very low altitude. Yes, he need both all of his skills as well as a lot of luck to live and tell about this one. Pick up the video at the six minute mark.

Flat Spin and Prop Comes Off at Airshow

Location hidden

#190887 May 19, 2014
Now this is a certification test flight and the plane is NOT certified for acrobatics. You do not catch the entry altitude but the test pilot does say his recovery was at 6,700 feet.
I normally do my simple stalls at 2,000 to 3,000 feet and lose only about 100-200 feet. Like I said, my plane, like this Piper, is not certified for acrobatics and I do not own a parachute so I avoid any citation which may result in a spin.

Piper PA-38 Tomahawk Spin Test
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#190888 May 19, 2014
I DVR'd CSpan for the whole weekend .... And not one citing of the Billion Moron Spring! You guys must be REALLY good at that camouflage stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,224,543
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 17 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]