BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190641 May 15, 2014
The environmental wackeaus strike again.

Did Kitty Litter Cause a Radiation Leak?
LiveScience By Marc Lallanilla, Assistant Editor 18 hours ago

So-called "green" kitty litter may be a good idea for eco-conscious cat lovers, but it's a bad idea for nuclear waste storage.

That's the assessment from an investigation into a radiation leak that occurred at the only nuclear waste storage site in the United States, the vast underground Waste Isolation Pilot Project (WIPP) located east of Carlsbad, New Mexico.

The radiation leak occurred Feb. 14: Nine days earlier, a truck inside the underground facility caught fire. Though the two events were likely unrelated, investigators fear they both resulted from a lax safety culture that has developed at the nuclear waste facility, according to the Associated Press.
http://news.yahoo.com/did-kitty-litter-cause-...

Location hidden

#190642 May 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein revolutionized reality with mathematics.
Oppenheimer gave us the atom bomb.
X-rays have zero to do with atom bombs.
Ah, your pea brain does not GET IT! Without to development of the GUN, there would have been no Industrial Revolution and without the development of the X-Ray machine, there would have been no Nuclear bombs.
Because of GUNS we have advanced metallurgy and the common machine screw which lead to the Industrial Revolution.

Location hidden

#190643 May 15, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
And just to clarify a few finer points for the audience, the discovery of X-Rays by Wilhelm Roentgen was purely accidental.
A lot of those guys back then were fiddling with electricity and messing with cathode-ray tubes and they didn't know what they were dealing with. And that, children, is why Roentgen named them X-rays. Because they did not know what they were.
It was a revolutionary discovery for mankind. He won the Nobel Prize for it too. I think it may have been the first one they awarded.
Tell me something I do not already know. My point being, weather the discovery was intentional or accidental, the A-Bomb would probably never been thought of much less developed.
You Libtards seem to think that all progress comes from Big Government while it is the other way around.
For instance we learned early on in the Space Race that bearing lubricants did not work well in the vacuum of space so they used Teflon. Sure Teflon was invented by a scientist working for Dupont in 1938 by ACCIDENT but the use of Teflon did not really "take-off" until the Space Race.
JACQUES OTTAWA FROM MASS

Acton, MA

#190644 May 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, your pea brain does not GET IT! Without to development of the GUN, there would have been no Industrial Revolution and without the development of the X-Ray machine, there would have been no Nuclear bombs.
Because of GUNS we have advanced metallurgy and the common machine screw which lead to the Industrial Revolution.
As I wrote earlier,. Rogue, have you not one ounce of pride? You really don't mind being constantly humiliated with your puny not-worth-kindergraten pronouncements, like this last oft-repeated one (above)? As I told you, a caveman invented the club as the first weapon in order to better bash his neighbours' brains. Was that the eventual launch of the A-Bomb?

Stick to piloting helicopters and small aircraft and ensure you get involved in nothing else please.

Location hidden

#190645 May 15, 2014
BTW, the good old Huey helicopter has a lot of Teflon coated bearing which work great until you get some volcanic dust in them. I was stationed in Hawaii in the mid-1970s and about twice a year we would got to the Big Island for a few weeks of training and Bradshaw AAF was at 6,200 feet on the side of Mona Kea and there was volcanic dust every where.
When we got back to Wheeler AFB every aircraft had to have all kinds of work on them to fix the dust damage. They sent a dozen large bags of "soil" to AVCOM and asked for what they could do to take care of the dust problem and they said "pave everything".
Oh, we flew with surgical masks as if you didn't you would be blowing black sh*t out of your nose for a few days. I helped fly the SecArmy and his entourage up there and I took along a whole bunch of surgical masks to hand out to our passengers. As soon as they saw us pilots putting them on they did like wise. When the lead aircraft with the SecArmy took off and disappeared in a dark cloud of dust we had to wait a half minute for the dust blew away before we took off. The same when we landed, we had to wait until the dust cloud drifted away before I landed.
Volcanic dust is as nasty as it gets.

Location hidden

#190646 May 15, 2014
JACQUES OTTAWA FROM MASS wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote earlier,. Rogue, have you not one ounce of pride? You really don't mind being constantly humiliated with your puny not-worth-kindergraten pronouncements, like this last oft-repeated one (above)? As I told you, a caveman invented the club as the first weapon in order to better bash his neighbours' brains. Was that the eventual launch of the A-Bomb?
Stick to piloting helicopters and small aircraft and ensure you get involved in nothing else please.
Ah, but modern metallurgy and machining came about specifically for the manufacture of .... GUNS. and with out either there would have been no Industrial Revolution and we would still have animal drawn carts and sailing ships..

Location hidden

#190647 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
And you do not have an once of commonsense! Oh, there are two people, one who gets his brains bashed in and the other one who survives because he knows how to fend himself. And the same goes for countries.

Location hidden

#190648 May 15, 2014
Oh, I blame over half of our deaths during WWII because LDR had his head up his arse, as did Truman during the Korean War, as did LBJ during the Vietnam War and Cater during the Iranian Hostage Crisis.
Speak softy and carry a Big Stick.

Location hidden

#190649 May 15, 2014
It looks like they have made some improvements since I was last at Bradshaw AAF back the the 1970s. We had a tactical tower in a wooden platform and a few WWII-type Quonset Huts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BradshawFie...

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#190650 May 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, I blame over half of our deaths during WWII because LDR had his head up his arse, as did Truman during the Korean War, as did LBJ during the Vietnam War and Cater during the Iranian Hostage Crisis.
You forgot to blame Wilson for half of our deaths during WWI, although you don't blame McKinley for half of our deaths during the Spanish-American War maybe because he was a Republican. Also you forgot to blame Polk for half of our deaths during the Mexican-American War.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#190651 May 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Give us one example of how LDR (sic) had his head up his arse during WWII when he had General Eisenhower (a Republican) as the Supreme Allied Commander in the European Theater of Operations.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#190652 May 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
The Federal Reserve alone dictates the performance of the U.S. economy.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." – Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes… Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”– Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, 1815
“The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.” The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863.
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.
The private sector doesn't mean shit Dale.
Supply and demand are the driving forces of the economy.

Location hidden

#190653 May 15, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to blame Wilson for half of our deaths during WWI, although you don't blame McKinley for half of our deaths during the Spanish-American War maybe because he was a Republican. Also you forgot to blame Polk for half of our deaths during the Mexican-American War.
Thank you for correcting me.

Location hidden

#190654 May 15, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us one example of how LDR (sic) had his head up his arse during WWII when he had General Eisenhower (a Republican) as the Supreme Allied Commander in the European Theater of Operations.
Ah, when did Eisenhower become a Republican? Truman had approached him to run under the Democrat platform, did he not?
FDR was forced to modernize our military by Blue Dog Democrats and not by you Progressives who had their heads in a dark La La place. If he had listened to the other half of the Democrats we would have been much better prepared and possibly deterred the Japanese from attacking Pearl Harbor or the Philippines.
On December 4th, 1941 we had only eight aircraft carriers of which only four were in the Pacific while the Japanese had all 15 of their's. The Japanese had a half dozen FAST Battleships and we had NONE!!! All of our battleships in the Pacific where all made prior to 1920 and only half could do 24 knots where as Japan had six that could do 27 knots or faster.
I could go on and on about how FDR had not properly prepared America for war while the rest of the world was at least three years ahead of us.
And guess what, Obama is making the same mistakes. I know, I know, everyone love Obama (America)! We being nice will only encourage our enemies.

Location hidden

#190655 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I am type rated in the BV-234 which is not a small aircraft but then again you have no idea what that is without looking it up.
And you probably think BV-107s are BV-234s too.

Location hidden

#190656 May 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Supply and demand are the driving forces of the economy.
Big Government Libtards will never understand. They think Big Government can print tenough money to take care of all our needs.

Location hidden

#190657 May 15, 2014
Oh, we are a year behind in the forecasted stock market correction and the longer the delay, the worse it will be. And there is a very good chance that even if it comes today, it will still be correcting by the time the November General Elections take place.
Obama should have forced the correction last year so we would be in recovery before the election.

Location hidden

#190658 May 15, 2014
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!

He was trying to pull a redneck Occam's razor?

If you profess to believe in god "just in case"... pretty sure I have it all over you on judgement day.

But go ahead... lying to yourself isn't exactly in the bible... is it?

I am sure he would never catch on.
You mean rednecks like LBJ, Jimmy "The Peanut Man" Carter and Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton?

Location hidden

#190659 May 15, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oh, we are a year behind in the forecasted stock market correction and the longer the delay, the worse it will be. And there is a very good chance that even if it comes today, it will still be correcting by the time the November General Elections take place.
Obama should have forced the correction last year so we would be in recovery before the election.
If you Libtards know anything about economics you know there is a recession every seven years or so and that last one ended, you claim, in 2008 which means we are do for one any day now. I will be very bad timing if it happens just before the November General Elections.

Location hidden

#190660 May 15, 2014
Oh, I don't think the recession has ever ended as inflation has been higher that the GDP growth rate for the entire time Obama has been in office. And the GDP Growth Rate for this First Quarter was reported at 0.1% while many think that report was juiced just like many other reports have been done during the Obama Administration.

Obamanomics under fire from GOP as economy slows to 0.1 percent growth rate
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/30/us...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,223,235
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Gas Woman 69,747
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min zion 52,975
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 26 min Tourista 2
News Police: Missing woman with brain injury may be ... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 99,410
Amy May 3-15 2 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]