BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ... Read more
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190486 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a clue how many patented technologies from academic research institutions are licensed each week to private sector entities?
Didn't think so dummy.
Could care less, it comes under the name of private sector.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#190487 May 11, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>e=mc2!!! The private sector!!! The only thing the US government has created is a welfare state and taxes!!!
"Although industry funds two-thirds of U.S. R&D, the majority of basic research is conducted by research universities, and the U.S. Government has long recognized the importance of public support for these institutions. "

"Through its support of entities that fund basic research, the U.S. Government helps underwrite our national infrastructure for science and engineering R&D and thereby the global preeminence of the U.S. in S&E innovation."

"only about 3.8% of industry-performed R&D can be classified as ‘basic’, with the remainder devoted to applied R&D."

"In 2006, industry funded 17% of U.S. basic research, and performed 15% of it."

But Dale won't let facts get in the way of his fantasy.

http://tinyurl.com/lno9w9c
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190488 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Since the bulk of basic research is not conducted at the corporate level you have proven yourself to be clueless.
That is a remark you can't prove!!! Why do we have all these agencies that have to be gone through before a product is brought to marker???
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190489 May 11, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Benjamin Franklin. A genius in his time, hell, in OUR time. What company'd he work for I wonder?
EOD!!!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190490 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>No the initial work was government funded at labs in Cambridge. U r ignorant.
LMAO!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#190491 May 11, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if you were involved in the study, it's sure to be pure BS. Now, give me my money back.
How would a scientifically illiterate fool know if a study on the patent landscape in biotech is valid?

What a friggin' joke. Go play with your Noah's Ark toys in your play pen.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#190492 May 11, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. One does not even have to use ancient scripture, as one just has to read St.Paul's misogynist epistles. For example, why women and not men should cover their heads when entering the temple.
<quoted text>
And do you think Muslims treat woman better than most Christians or Jews do? When is the last time some Catholics captured 300 Muslim school girls and sold them into slavery? Remember, it was Christians who ended slavery here in America while slavery was legal in Saudi Arabia until 1960 (but some believe it is still practiced there).
Was it Christians who ended slavery here in America? Then my question is this who owned slaves in the United States? I give you a hint, these same slave masters went to church every Sunday. Not one Christian church in the South condemned slavery. In fact, Southern clergy justified the enslavement of blacks based on the Bible believing that blacks were the descendants of Canaan.(See Gen. 9:25)
wojar

Bristol, CT

#190493 May 11, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>That is a remark you can't prove!!! Why do we have all these agencies that have to be gone through before a product is brought to marker???
I already proved it. Basic research is funded only 17% by industry.
And I already provided the link.

Bye bye Dufus.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190494 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>No the initial work was government funded at labs in Cambridge. U r ignorant.
Oh, does that change the prospective of being a private corporation?? Remember, the government is not a business.

“ad maiora nati sumus ”

Since: Sep 09

Justice Scalia is an Oxymoron

#190495 May 11, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. One does not even have to use ancient scripture, as one just has to read St.Paul's misogynist epistles. For example, why women and not men should cover their heads when entering the temple.
<quoted text>
And do you think Muslims treat woman better than most Christians or Jews do? When is the last time some Catholics captured 300 Muslim school girls and sold them into slavery? Remember, it was Christians who ended slavery here in America while slavery was legal in Saudi Arabia until 1960 (but some believe it is still practiced there).
Do you actually believe that if there were no civil war in the 1860s and the states that formed the Confederate States of America were to allow to secede from the Union peacefully that the existence of slavery in the South would have disappeared?

The only reason that slavery did not exist after 1865 in the United States was because of the civil war. It didn't disappear because of the Christians in the North decided it was morally wrong.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190496 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that was not what I intended to write.
I used to work in the field of technology transfer, helping US companies utilize findings from academic basic research. The government funded the basic research which was transferred to industry. In fact. the tech transfer company was a government/academic spin off. They're still in business now as a private entity.
<quoted text>
So, looks like the private sector is the driving force, without the private sector the government is sitting on pipe dreams!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#190497 May 11, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, does that change the prospective of being a private corporation?? Remember, the government is not a business.
Wowee Zowee the government, which funds basic research throughout the US in universities is not a business!
Moron.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190499 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Wowee Zowee the government, which funds basic research throughout the US in universities is not a business!
Moron.
See, you have proven my point, private business is the driving force in our economy, since the government is not a business entity. NEXT!!!
wojar

Bristol, CT

#190500 May 11, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>See, you have proven my point, private business is the driving force in our economy, since the government is not a business entity. NEXT!!!
Dale horns in on a conversation and declares I have proven his point that the sky is blue. Brilliant.
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190501 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>I already proved it. Basic research is funded only 17% by industry.
And I already provided the link.
Bye bye Dufus.
wojar!!! What is wrong??? I completely burst your bubble, the driving force in this nation's economy is the private sector, not the US government!!!
Dale

Wichita, KS

#190502 May 11, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Dale horns in on a conversation and declares I have proven his point that the sky is blue. Brilliant.
LMAO!!! Well, you did!!! Now go lick your wounds!!!

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#190503 May 11, 2014
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Christians who ended slavery here in America? Then my question is this who owned slaves in the United States? I give you a hint, these same slave masters went to church every Sunday. Not one Christian church in the South condemned slavery. In fact, Southern clergy justified the enslavement of blacks based on the Bible believing that blacks were the descendants of Canaan.(See Gen. 9:25)
Thank you!

Rogue wouldn't realize on his own that to FREE slaves... you must OWN slaves.

Nothing but rainbows and unicorns have ever come from Christianity.

It is the other religions just like it that are to blame.

46 and 2 just ahead of us.

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#190504 May 12, 2014
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take my morals and values over yours any day, poops. Now, why don't you quit being a tax evader and even up with Clownifornia? Ignorant people like you are the PROBLEM!
“Before Obama entered the White House, Jindal thought expanding Medicaid and paying 30 percent of the costs was a wonderful idea”

Now your good governor won't expand Medicaid when it's 100 percent free. Why is that Mr. Liars?

“As former Sen. John Breaux noted in his testimony Wednesday to the Louisiana Senate committee, Republican governors in Arizona, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio and Utah have agreed to take the money because they recognize that it’s a good deal for their states”

“For Jindal, this is about fighting anything Obama supports. It’s about Jindal’s ability to brag to tea party activists in Iowa that he hates Obamacare more than any other governor does. It’s about putting politics ahead of the health and welfare of Louisiana’s working poor”
http://bobmannblog.com/2014/04/24/louisianas-...

I'm sure Jesus would stand right with you and good Ole Bobby denying free health-care to your most vulnerable citizens Mr. Liars.

Of course you're one of those who would probably refuse the coverage because Fox told you to anyway.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190505 May 12, 2014
The ultimate brilliant scientific Einstein-like reply :
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suffering from PMS like joko is? You two sweeties are lovers, aren't ya? So, are you the female or the female? Sloturd
to wojar's to-the-point post :

"Basic research generally precedes applied research and development. Fact of life.
Sorry, numskull, do you live under a rock? Did you graduate high school?
<quoted text"

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#190506 May 12, 2014
I wrote this :

acques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Plausibility? You never saw the word until you ran across :
In the meantime, and from the same link you got that complicated word from : talkingpoliticsjomc.wordpress.com/
Do you really think that Presidents know about all the working of its spy agencies, of the CIA, of the FBI? Are you that naive to think that these arms-lenght agencies would tell the president everything it is that they do? Do you think that the president has 72-hr days to look after all this shit? Well, read this, from YOUR link. Of course, you could not be bothered to read more than one paragraph, eyes clouding over :
Reagan’s handling of the Iran Contra Affair is a good example of a president claiming he didn’t know what his staff was doing in the face of a scandal. Pfiffner’s analysis characterized Reagan’s leadership style as “setting broad directions and leaving the implementation of policies to his subordinates.” This style led to a situation in which Reagan was simultaneously declaring the United States didn’t negotiate with terrorists while insisting that his aides support the Contras

And you brilliantly replied thus :
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>FO!!!
Very LRS-like (same to wojar) don't you agree? Like dumb, very dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Anton Ciguhr 1,207,366
Abby 3-30-15 1 hr tiredofit 12
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Almost amish 71,703
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,318
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,820
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 52,385
Amy 3-30-15 5 hr Kuuipo 35
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]